Markiplier - Part 11

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 11

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

There really needs to be a replacement for YouTube at this point. It's just getting worse and worse with time. Really Mark, Felix, Jack, and a lot of bigger Youtubers who have made it big on that platform could pool their resources together and make a website like YouTube but better and give back, but they'd rather be complacent in their little bubbles complaining about what YouTube screws them over on. Sad really.

Meanwhile Mark has apparently split off to "the boonies" which I'm assuming the desert again since that's the only place Amy can go "for inspiration" and supposedly is working on something "100% pure creative without obligations and bullshit getting in the way."

My assumption? It's another crappy sketch either banking on Darkiplier or another one of the alter egos he's stolen from Cyndago created, filled to the brim with dumb overused memes to entertain the little kiddies, possibly shoving more Amyplier or teamiplier in for good measure along with a cameo from Chica. Because that's all he seems to be able to do these days. :roll:

Also want to bet when he complains about obligations and bullshit, he's referencing his channel and his fans? Dude, just quit if you're gonna act like that. Just pack up, move back to Cincinnati, and grow up.

Post by Guest »

By each passing day, I always expect Mark to somehow just jumped back up. Get the motivation he needs,and continue doing what he use to be good at. His own content, that does not involve a persona, or any other person. It doesn't even have to be games. just to see him jump into what ever passion he has, and actually pursue it.
Everything he has down, is half assed. Have Mark make his own YT? Nah he can't even handle his own channel. Felix would be the only one who I consider to do it. But even he has said he is going back to what his channel was always meant for. Even with the thoughts of moving to twitch. I don't want to be a bitch or come off as one. But Mark is walking on a tightrope eyes closed. He has no idea what he is doing, and I doubt at this moment he even cares.+

AcidicAngel0
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by AcidicAngel0 »

Welp, that's what happens when you sell your company you had a passion for to a big company like Google. Especially Google, since it seems like everything they touch, turns to shit. That being said all these YouTubers (or a good number of them) are just going to move over to Twitch as time goes on or just get Patreon. Twitch is a better alternative to YouTube anyways since you can make far more money in a few hours being live than you can just tossing a video up. Plus the fan interactions make it much more enjoyable from what I have heard. However, a small part of me fears that when YouTube does essentially "collapse" Twitch is going to have a large influx of popular people going over to their website to make money. Good for Twitch in terms of profit but bad for smaller to average streamers. Since, let's be honest, most people are going to want to watch X famous YouTuber play X game instead of X smaller streamer play it. One reason I imagine Twitch lowered the requirements to earn money on their platform.

That's just how companies work. They start out small, everyone can join in, and everyone is happy. Fast forward a few years and it becomes to big for its britches and ends up a monopoly. That is practically what YouTube is now since it is so hard to make money or get anywhere on the platform unlike Twitch where it isn't AS difficult. That being said Twitch will probably eventually end up as a monopoly as well until all the smaller people move on to a different platform and build it up until it becomes a monopoly and crashes as well.

Point is - YouTubers are going to just try to keep YouTube alive through Patreon or just move over to Twitch until it eventually ends up like YouTube itself.

Tigerlilly360
Debater
Debater

Post by Tigerlilly360 »

We might want to close this down since it only goes to 40 on each part. We might want to get in touch with who ever is in control of the page

Tigerlilly360
Debater
Debater

Post by Tigerlilly360 »

Tigerlilly360 wrote:We might want to close this down since it only goes to 40 on each part. We might want to get in touch with who ever is in control of the page
"It's been good though, taking the time to be 100% pure creative without obligations and bullshit getting in the way."

I'm wondering why he would say that? I hope it's nothing that has to do with this site, or the bull crap Amy is dealing with. After the whole nail polish crap it looks like the two just went on a trip together to get away from it all

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

Tigerlilly360 wrote:
Tigerlilly360 wrote:We might want to close this down since it only goes to 40 on each part. We might want to get in touch with who ever is in control of the page
"It's been good though, taking the time to be 100% pure creative without obligations and bullshit getting in the way."

I'm wondering why he would say that? I hope it's nothing that has to do with this site, or the bull crap Amy is dealing with. After the whole nail polish crap it looks like the two just went on a trip together to get away from it all
That's the whole point I guess? We're the bull crap! :roll:

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Pretty sure he's talking about the fans and YouTube. Amy and her posse are the only ones who really care what we say. Mark has other things to worry about than maybe 10-20 people say about him on some broken down website.

Especially since he and the rest of Teamiplier along with Pamela Horton are out in "the boonies" with poor internet service for some project, which as I said earlier, will likely be meme-centric crap with fan service since that's all he does now.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

And to answer the question about closing threads, we have to wait until it's reached 1000 posts before PMing a mod to lock it and start up a new one.

SteffiMess
Learner
Learner

Post by SteffiMess »

Who is Pamela Horton and why is she a satellite around Markiplier now?
Is this Amy's doing?

The memey-cringe content definitely is her influence and it is kind of a shit skid on the channel, to be honest.

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

Pamela is Ian's girlfriend (smosh Iam) and also does her own stuff. Honestly I don't mind her, she seems cool. :tu:
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".
- guardians of the galaxy

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

SteffiMess wrote:Who is Pamela Horton and why is she a satellite around Markiplier now?
Is this Amy's doing?

The memey-cringe content definitely is her influence and it is kind of a shit skid on the channel, to be honest.
Pamela Horton was originally some girl who worked at the Playboy Mansion. Was part of some gaming group there until she was fired due to budget cuts or something like that. Now she randomly does YouTube videos and is currently dating Ian from Smosh.

The first time I heard of her interacting with Mark was on Twitter where she and her friends used to drunk tweet at him, often in a flirtatious manner, which Mark for the most part ignored. Didn't hear much of them hanging out in public until the Ninja Sex Party music video they were in along with Jack. Pamela was also the one who Snapchat the video of Amy at that roller rink for the music video which was part of how the relationship got revealed along with the events at Vidcon 2016.

Then Pamela played as Mark's girlfriend in his sponsored commercial for the mobile game Best Fiends, which I thought was really well done and the two had good chemistry together. Definitely way more believable than Amyplier. :rofl:

Now for some reason she's around Teamiplier A LOT. Especially Tyler and Ethan. She used to appear to be close buddies with Amy too, but like every other platonic relationship surrounding Amy in the YouTube sphere, especially of the female variety, Pamela has backed off too.

Pamela I also heard has a history of being promiscuous, but I take that stuff with a grain of salt. I'm sure you guys can find more on her easily.

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

Hm, I didn't know about the playboy thing. But yeah, I looked it up and...yep. O_O the more you know I guess...
But I did notice she backed off from Amy a bit but didn't think much of it, but she does a good bit with Ethan and Tyler. Hm.
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".

Eeveelutions03
Talker
Talker

Post by Eeveelutions03 »

I will ask what is going on with Mark's channel? Like i saw that short video where he was quickly explaining the whole internet situation and that it would be a waste to drive an hour off just to upload videos (might as well go back home for that). But why didn't at least one person stay home to help with the channels (I'm assuming Ethan is there as well) and then maybe alternate people to go back and foreword so that the channels can stay updated. I can understand if they are super far away from home so driving constantly wouldn't be worth it in the end (I'm not sure where they are right now so i dont know if it is super far from where they live). But if they are close by (or they planned this enough in advance) then at least one person can be home to help with the channels and presumably Chica as well. Or is that just me? Like i know if i was apart of the crew (with my limited skills in much of anything that has to do with videos) i would most likely be home helping out as much as i could.

Also Pamela and Amy seemed to be friends at some point? I honestly didn't really get that feeling when i saw them around each other (since Amy would hang around with Kathryn during the livestreams). I might have been really oblivious at that point because I barely saw any real interaction with the two. And just about all of Amy's friendships with other girls in the YouTube scene have seem to have drifted off? Man that is rough, isn't she friends with Marzia(?), or Signe, or Molly, or Mandy, maybe even Mary (supermaryface)?

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

cosmix wrote:Hm, I didn't know about the playboy thing. But yeah, I looked it up and...yep. O_O the more you know I guess...
But I did notice she backed off from Amy a bit but didn't think much of it, but she does a good bit with Ethan and Tyler. Hm.
God, I almost think markiplier doesn't want Amy to have any female friends who might get TO close to there relationship! Jeez! :roll: Heaven Forbid! :rofl:

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

Also mark just twitted, there apparently done with filming!

Post by Guest »

As we are now all seeing, by each passing day Mark is leaving the gaming community to go more to the comedy route, and short films. Good on him.

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

Yeah, Pam and Amy didn't seem close but they seemed to be friends, although Pam has always hung out more around Tyler and Ethan. That's just from what I've seen. As for the other girls, she was all about Wiishu for a bit there and then that kind of faded out and she interacts with Molly a bit.

And I have a feeling that if Mark is getting into comedy and short films, the dude can act and all that, so I think if he's got his head in the game so to speak, he could make some cool stuff. :tu:

Post by Guest »

I hope we all remember , we don't hate Mark. Yes we call him out for his bullshit sometimes. But we do want him to be happy and succeed. His heart isn't in gaming anymore. That Mark is gone, and we need to get over that. The new Mark, has his flaws, and many of us wont follow him anymore. But he has made enough money to not care anymore.

AcidicAngel0
Talker
Talker

Post by AcidicAngel0 »

As we are now all seeing, by each passing day Mark is leaving the gaming community to go more to the comedy route, and short films. Good on him.
Well if the rumors are true about YouTube phasing out gaming YouTubers than it is for the best he move on to greener pastures. Plus it is obvious that he is tired of gaming so hopefully, he finds more joy in doing whatever else he wants. Whether that be acting, music, comedy, whatever. I hope for the best for him. :)

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

Yeah, I mean I wouldn't be here if I didn't care. If I hated or dislikes the dude, I wouldn't spend time posting on a forum about him. XD

Return to “Markiplier”