emilyk
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Hannah Maggs / The Michalaks - Part 2

Post by emilyk »

greed-futures wrote:
greed-futures wrote:
Embee93 wrote:Their old house in London is up for rent. £2350 per month. Interesting.
That's $3155 USD!!!!! -- that's a handsome sum for two YTers who sell some half-assed merch on the side and have a failed app. No wonder Stef was priced out of London, he paid too much into rent! If they'd got a smaller/cheaper place they could have easily set aside a nice down payment in 2 or 3 years with the savings.
Edit: I'm obviously not British, but, I mean, I would imagine if they have the kind of money to pay that type of rent that they could have got a cheaper place and scraped together decent down payment on a small condo in the city or a home outside of it. I don't know the UK housing market, is what I am trying to say, I'm just going on common sense here.

To be entirely fair to them, I doubt they could have saved anything resembling a house deposit for London/surrounding areas no matter how much they saved on their rent!

Embee93
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by Embee93 »

bigspring wrote:
Embee93 wrote:No that's just for the flat, not for the whole house. Not sure if we're allowed to post links. Maybe try putting let agreed in the search terms. It's just the picture of the front of the house, not internal photos, but the layout is identical.
They've moved no one can find them with the address.
True.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to- ... 71482.html

Bertiebee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bertiebee »

Dandelion wrote:
greed-futures wrote:
Embee93 wrote:Their old house in London is up for rent. £2350 per month. Interesting.
That's $3155 USD!!!!! -- that's a handsome sum for two YTers who sell some half-assed merch on the side and have a failed app. No wonder Stef was priced out of London, he paid too much into rent! If they'd got a smaller/cheaper place they could have easily set aside a nice down payment in 2 or 3 years with the savings.
But they were sharing that with someone else, right? They didn't use the whole house and didn't pay the full rent. It's still horrendously expensive, but that's London for you. I know so many people with good salaries who are only able to afford a room in a shared house, it's crazy.
Their flat share moved out when Grayson was a baby. Their flat was over three floors counting the office and in a trendy area so it a lot of money, still a lot cheaper than where they rent now though! Funny thing I watched an old vlof from Feb 16 and they were both so so adamant about staying in London and.........you guessed it, moaning about house prices!!!!

emilyk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emilyk »

Bertiebee wrote:
Dandelion wrote:
greed-futures wrote:
But they were sharing that with someone else, right? They didn't use the whole house and didn't pay the full rent. It's still horrendously expensive, but that's London for you. I know so many people with good salaries who are only able to afford a room in a shared house, it's crazy.
Their flat share moved out when Grayson was a baby. Their flat was over three floors counting the office and in a trendy area so it a lot of money, still a lot cheaper than where they rent now though! Funny thing I watched an old vlof from Feb 16 and they were both so so adamant about staying in London and.........you guessed it, moaning about house prices!!!!

I guess people change their minds? London with one small child is a lot different to London with two small children in such a small flat

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

It's a house split straight down the middle. The other flat is identical to their old one (actually, they're both really maisonettes and not 'flats'). Ryan lived in the other half - he was the baby sitter for many of their 'date nights'..... Did he move out and get married or something?
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

bigspring
Talker
Talker

Post by bigspring »

auntiflo13 wrote:It's a house split straight down the middle. The other flat is identical to their old one (actually, they're both really maisonettes and not 'flats'). Ryan lived in the other half - he was the baby sitter for many of their 'date nights'..... Did he move out and get married or something?
How did anyone ever find out they had a flat mate? I never remember Hannah mentioning it. I honestly don't blame them for moving. The house was spacious for London but too small for 2 children. Sure people do it but if you have the money for a bigger house why not.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

bigspring wrote:
auntiflo13 wrote:It's a house split straight down the middle. The other flat is identical to their old one (actually, they're both really maisonettes and not 'flats'). Ryan lived in the other half - he was the baby sitter for many of their 'date nights'..... Did he move out and get married or something?
How did anyone ever find out they had a flat mate? I never remember Hannah mentioning it. I honestly don't blame them for moving. The house was spacious for London but too small for 2 children. Sure people do it but if you have the money for a bigger house why not.

They mentioned it in one of the vlogs. They were getting slagged off in the comments as people assumed they'd left Grayson in the house alone. Stef explained in the vlog the week after that Ryan - their house share mate - baby sat frequently x

Embee93
Learner
Learner

Post by Embee93 »

The internals photos are up now. Don't know if it's the same flat, maybe it's the one next door. Unless the owners have done it up a bit.

crazydoglady
Informer
Informer

Post by crazydoglady »

Rosie Ribbons wrote:Why can I not access this forum without typing in Hannah's name? Why is it not available like all the others?
Because the mods insisted on moving it to the beauty guru section (under the justification that Hannah was once, actual eons ago, made a couple of beauty videos :roll: ). I've pointed out that it's hard to find, and have messaged the mod pleading them to think logically and return it to its much better prior location.

bigspring
Talker
Talker

Post by bigspring »

Those internal pictures are definitely their old flat.

bigspring
Talker
Talker

Post by bigspring »

Hannah says baby turns one month today, 27 September. Checked her birth post and he was born the 29th of August :rofl: so bright

Post by Guest »

bigspring wrote:Hannah says baby turns one month today, 27 September. Checked her birth post and he was born the 29th of August :rofl: so bright
Well, that would make him 30 days old right? I'm not sure how baby's months are counted. Maybe she's counting every 30 days as a month?

JCAH2013
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JCAH2013 »

One month would be the same date not 30 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bertiebee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bertiebee »

It defo their old flat up for rent, looks different because it's not stuffed full of their crap and it's clean!!! Also their flat mate Ryan lived in that flat with them as I remember Hannah saying that Grayso didn't have his own room and they were actually at one point going to have the upstairs ( office bit) as their bedroom, they even got a bed but Ryan then moved out so Grayson had his room. The flat next door is where Hannah used to moan about their music waking Grayson up. ( I clearly used to watch far to much of them, but tbf I loved them back in the day! :rofl:

bigspring
Talker
Talker

Post by bigspring »

greed-futures wrote:
bigspring wrote:Hannah says baby turns one month today, 27 September. Checked her birth post and he was born the 29th of August :rofl: so bright
Well, that would make him 30 days old right? I'm not sure how baby's months are counted. Maybe she's counting every 30 days as a month?
It's counted the day of. When my son had his shots they had to be after the 20th (day he was born) for him to be x months. The baby is 4 weeks old today, not one month.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

crazydoglady wrote:
Rosie Ribbons wrote:Why can I not access this forum without typing in Hannah's name? Why is it not available like all the others?
Because the mods insisted on moving it to the beauty guru section (under the justification that Hannah was once, actual eons ago, made a couple of beauty videos :roll: ). I've pointed out that it's hard to find, and have messaged the mod pleading them to think logically and return it to its much better prior location.
Just bookmark the post or 'view your posts' . Do you look at Hannah's instagram at all? She still does 'Beauty flat lays'.

Embee93
Learner
Learner

Post by Embee93 »

auntiflo13 wrote:
crazydoglady wrote:
Just bookmark the post or 'view your posts' . Do you look at Hannah's instagram at all? She still does 'Beauty flat lays'.
You can view the thread by going to the Trash a Guru section and scrolling to the bottom past all the individual Guru sections.

I don't know it suddenly got moved without telling anybody. It was fine where it was.

olim
Learner
Learner

Post by olim »

This was impossible to find! Been looking for this forum for weeks!

crazydoglady
Informer
Informer

Post by crazydoglady »

olim wrote:This was impossible to find! Been looking for this forum for weeks!
Auntiflo13, we get your logic, but as the Michalaks are most recognisable as a non-beauty channel and this thread is now really fucking hard to find without having to log in, can we just accept it was better where it was before?

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

I didn't move the thread - another moderator did. When we get to the third thread, they will have their own dedicated section like the bigger youtubers have...then no one will have to go through the 'lesser gossiped about youtubers' a-z

Return to “Hannah Maggs”