Lizzy Hadfield (Shotfromthestreet)

Ccc123000
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Lizzy Hadfield (Shotfromthestreet)

Post by Ccc123000 »

I've been searching for a thread on her for a while now. I don't dislike her, but also don't watch all of her videos since I feel like she tends to ramble and she is not THAT interesting for me to watch her 40-minute vlogs. She has some nice fashion pieces, but I wouldn't necessary wear everything she features. What intrigues me is she seems to shop all the time and constantly buys very high-end items. She has a series called "Testing Basics" and for the leather jacket series, she purchased 5 leather jackets to compare all of them. She only has 60,000 subscribers, so I don't think she is making that much money out of youtube yet. People constantly ask her in the comments how she can afford all of the stuff she buys, but I haven't seen her answer the question. In her blog, her last "about me" section in 2015 says she is in UNI. I do not think she has another job aside form vlogging and youtube. Thoughts?

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Lizzy Hadfield (Shotfromthestreet)

Post by bitchesbelike »

SO bloody random that you created this thread as I just watched about half of her testing basics video today (I'm very new to her channel and this is the first I've seen of her series) but I too wondered how she afforded it all and if there was a thread on her. Intrigued to see what others say, as I've only watched about 2 videos of her in total

beita
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by beita »

I'm also a subscriber of Lizzy. I generally like her style although it can be a bit boring sometimes. I think she either tries stuff and sends it back (I guess you could wear a leather jacket for a day, keep the tags on and then return it) and/or she gets a lot of stuff sent for free.

She owns several, very expensive handbags too. I remember one vlog of hers, where she showed that Farfetch.com had sent her a pricey bag as a present. I am pretty sure blogging + Youtube is her full-time job.

hibernas
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by hibernas »

I'm a fairly new subscriber to her, but I'm a fan. I like her style since it is pretty darn wearable but she still has her own spin on it. I really like the whole Testing Basics series since it actually shows us the durability of the clothes and she seems pretty honest, rather than most bloggers/vloggers who are like, "This shirt, it's wow. So comfy." and then they never actually wear it and you only find out it washes terribly after you've already spent $50 on it. That said, I have also wondered how she can afford so much stuff, particularly the super expensive brands. In her latest Wardrobe Essentials she was talking about how she's had the Gucci loafers for a year, so it seems like a long term investment, but yikes, that still doesn't seem worth it or justifiable to me.

I actually really love her vlogs, and I've gone back and watched most of them from the last six months. She's a lot more lowkey and less attention seeking than other vloggers, and her relationship with Harry seems really nice and genuine. They're the kind of thing I like to have playing in the background while I'm cleaning or cooking, and it's also good to see what her actual daily style is like VS what is posted on the blog/Instagram. I find her normality refreshing.

And also, Percy is the cutest darn cat.

ezri
Talker
Talker

Post by ezri »

I enjoy her lookbooks and she inspires me to take some fashion risks/try items I wouldn't normally consider, but she's pretty dang boring otherwise. Also I can't sit through any vid of hers that's longer than 10 minutes. No one wants to sit through 25+ minutes of you doing absolutely nothing!!!! A cleaning montage? Seriously? The only person who can pull that off and still be interesting is sunbeamsjess.

Her vlogs literally only involve her talking to the camera, "behind the scenes" of her filming other videos, and her cat. That's literally it. She only hangs out with her boyfriend and her mom (which isn't a bad thing) but holy smokes, go live a little!!! let loose! have some fun!

(Sorry to the above poster, looks like we have the exact opposite reactions to her vlogs!)

beita
Talker
Talker

Post by beita »

My favorite videos from Lizzy are by far her "Testing basics". I like the concept and the fact that she can tell a good fabric from a bad one. I like that type of information since I hate having to throw away stuff after a season.

Anyway, as the above poster said, her vlogs are a bit boring. She seems to work a lot on her vlog and channel and doesn't do much else. I watch her vlogs from time to time but just because Lizzy is very likable (as are her mom, bf and Percy!) but yeah with her content, I don't see the channel going super big anytime soon.

EffyStonem
Informer
Informer

Post by EffyStonem »

Thank god someone made a thread on her! Found her channel a few months ago and have seen alot of vids since. I actually really like her style, it's cool but put together and a bit more mature. I am 21 but I just can't relate to the current trends that are big on instagram and whatnot so I love her style videos! Gotta say though, her voice kinda irritates me.. she always sounds super nasally lol

Ccc123000
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ccc123000 »

^Her accent is quite strong sometimes, making her difficult to understand.

She does put a lot of effort into her videos, but I think the stuff she features are quite unrealistic for most "regular people." In the past few months alone, she bought two Loewe bags and a Gucci bag, also a Fendi. She has that Celine belt bag. 5 or 6 leather jackets (assuming she did not return them). A few gucci loafers. That's tens of thousands of GBP! I guess she considers these "business expenses" since her job is promoting herself and her brand through fashion and lifestyle blogs/vlogs and on social media. But it still piques my interest -- how she is able to pay for all of this.

beita
Talker
Talker

Post by beita »

Ccc123000 wrote: I guess she considers these "business expenses" since her job is promoting herself and her brand through fashion and lifestyle blogs/vlogs and on social media. But it still piques my interest -- how she is able to pay for all of this.
Yes! She kinda explained this in her recent q&a. She is investing in building her own brand/business. She also explained that the blog is her main focus and source of income which I found interesting. I think her blog might attract a slightly more mature audience (in their late 20's, 30's) that would splurge on a Loewe bag or Gucci loafers from time to time. Those items on Youtube (where Primark hauls abound) seem a bit out of place :D

I can't afford designer stuff either but I can get inspired by her Mango, &otherstories or Topshop purchases.

Lilja
Debater
Debater

Post by Lilja »

I quite like Lizzy's channel, I've always been more interested in fashion than than beauty so it was really nice to find someone who focused on the kind of style I like. I try to watch all her videos because I do like her and her style, but her vlogs are incredibly boring and the same week in week out, so I just put them on in the background so she gets the views.

I know she makes most of her income through blogging, affiliate links and sponsored content, and I appreciate how open she is about how she makes money. But still, she does spend a lot. And she can't return the items she buys for her Testing Basics videos as she wears and washes them all.

I like that she tries to make different kinds of videos like the Testing Basics and Come Online Shopping With Me, and tries to make common styles of videos like hauls a bit different and innovative. ViviannaDoesMakeup has already copied two of Lizzy's more original videos outright (the online shopping one and the no denim one) which unfortunately got more views than Lizzy's, especially since she has said her yt channel isn't really growing as much as she'd like.

Post by Guest »

I agree I really like this Lizzy's style videos but her vlogs are painfully boring. I tried to find it but I think she isn't signed with a management. She needs a management to link her with bigger vloggers/bloggers to make appearances to promote her channel. Unfortunately it's really hard to organically grow style channels on Youtube anymore.

snaddy09
Learner
Learner

Post by snaddy09 »

Pitching in to say I'm a Lizzy fan too - her testing basics series is a great idea, I love her style and how she creatively styles interesting items against classic pieces like jeans and a blazer. She has defs ignited a denim fire inside me coz she looks so fucking good in a pair of straight legged jeans! I've gone out and bought two pairs since I started watching her haha.
I think she's nice and laidback, super refreshing from the instajerkoffs smothering social media, going back to basics is really appealing to me in fashion rn.
Also her cat is the cutest thing i've seen in my life.

velvet-guru
Debater
Debater

Post by velvet-guru »

I like her videos but I do wonder where she gets the $$$$ for all this stuff from, she has some pretty pricey items. she only has 70k subscribers, she can't be making that much off each video, can she? i get that you can write off stuff like cameras and a laptop for taxes but surely she can't write off her aquazurra mules? actually...she probably does write off what she buys for testing basics. what a good racket, i'm going to start a blog and write off gucci loafers.

velvet-guru
Debater
Debater

Post by velvet-guru »

sorry for the double post but she is refreshing, it is nice to see that she isn't doing botox and microblading and seems like a laid back girl :tu:

Gurubydaygossiperby
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gurubydaygossiperby »

Ccc123000 wrote:^Her accent is quite strong sometimes, making her difficult to understand.

She does put a lot of effort into her videos, but I think the stuff she features are quite unrealistic for most "regular people." In the past few months alone, she bought two Loewe bags and a Gucci bag, also a Fendi. She has that Celine belt bag. 5 or 6 leather jackets (assuming she did not return them). A few gucci loafers. That's tens of thousands of GBP! I guess she considers these "business expenses" since her job is promoting herself and her brand through fashion and lifestyle blogs/vlogs and on social media. But it still piques my interest -- how she is able to pay for all of this.
Blogs much like magazines can write off items used for content, it is a business. She is consuming the product to inform and review on her blog/social media. Plus she clearly comes from some means and her Mother is involved in her business, so she may have invested and I doubt she is burdened with student loans and such.

mt_1980
Learner
Learner

Post by mt_1980 »

I like her style and she seems nice but my god is she boring. I can't get through her vlogs because its so damn boring.

Ccc123000
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ccc123000 »

mt_1980 wrote:I like her style and she seems nice but my god is she boring. I can't get through her vlogs because its so damn boring.
Very much so. She doesn't really come across as unlikable. She is just not that interesting, and I feel like she could edit her vlogs better so that they are not as rambling and snooze-inducing.

EffyStonem
Informer
Informer

Post by EffyStonem »

I really don't think the jeans she wears flatter her. I can't pinpoint the exact problem but they just look weird around the belly/crotch area.. like buldges out and makes it look like she has a tummy... maybe it's her posture? But then because she wears such high waisted jeans it also makes her butt seem very long... she already v tall w slim long legs maybe she should try normal waist jeans

northern native
Informer
Informer

Post by northern native »

Does anyone know anything about her dad? He seems mysteriously out of the picture, all that comes up when you google "Lizzy Hadfield dad" is her getting her nose from him.

beita
Talker
Talker

Post by beita »

northern native wrote:Does anyone know anything about her dad? He seems mysteriously out of the picture, all that comes up when you google "Lizzy Hadfield dad" is her getting her nose from him.
In a Xmas vlog she said that her dad died when she was around 17-18? I don't remember exactly. In that vlog she spoke about how Xmas is a weird time for her because it brings back memories from childhood when it was the three of them (Lizzy, her dad and her mom). Something along those lines, I guess the video is still up in her channel.

Return to “L-O”