ThreadBanger

melissa1983
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ThreadBanger

Post by melissa1983 »

Video is up. Basically he had a massive heart attack. Corinne saved his life.

yew
Learner
Learner

Post by yew »

Just watched the whole video and oh my god it really seems like they've gone through hell. I can't imagine being in that situation. Them not saying anything previously also is totally fine with me now - i wouldn't have known what to say to fans either if my husband was literally dying.
my first language isn't english

SuperchicDeadpool
Talker
Talker

Post by SuperchicDeadpool »

Holy wow. My dad had a heart attack in January of this year, survived that and immediately made major life changes, only to die of what we suspect was another heart attack in his sleep nine days later(my dad was skinny like Rob and also had a junk lifestyle--smoked for decades, heavy drug use in his teens, ate like total shit, and no history of heart disease in our family!). I sincerely hope Rob and maybe some fans in need of a wake up call will take this all seriously and take better care of themselves. That video is hard to watch.
"I have so many gooooaaals but my drunkenness gets in the way of them!" - Hannah Hart <3

Lydia Deetz
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lydia Deetz »

Wow. That is absolutely crazy. I can’t imagine how hard that must have been for them. Corinne is amazing. I hope Rob continues to get better.
Live people ignore the strange and unusual
I myself am strange and unusual

Post by Guest »

Jeeze, so dramatic and awful! I can't even process.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Wow, I really feel for them. I can imagine that Corinne has gone through so much. I’ve watched someone die from a heart attack. I’m really glad he is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whattuup1
Learner
Learner

Post by Whattuup1 »

SuperchicDeadpool wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:04 pm
Holy wow. My dad had a heart attack in January of this year, survived that and immediately made major life changes, only to die of what we suspect was another heart attack in his sleep nine days later(my dad was skinny like Rob and also had a junk lifestyle--smoked for decades, heavy drug use in his teens, ate like total shit, and no history of heart disease in our family!). I sincerely hope Rob and maybe some fans in need of a wake up call will take this all seriously and take better care of themselves. That video is hard to watch.
That's really fucking bleak, I'm so sorry.

This video was harder to watch than I thought it would be. I can't even begin to imagine how Corinne must've felt.

Mads07
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mads07 »

Woah! Good to hear Rob is doing well. That was a heavy video.
I can see how that whole situation might be traumatic for both of them but especially for Corinne having to do the CPR, listening to the doctors say it wasn’t looking well, etc. I would have to go to therapy if I were in her shoes. Those text messages she put up broke my heart and how she talked about how that time in the hospital was the longest they hadn’t spoken.

Just glad that Rob is doing better!

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

I don't get emotional often but that video made me tear up. I can't imagine being in Corinne's position. glad Rob is doing better though!
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

feelinpapal
Lurker
Lurker

Post by feelinpapal »

damn i totally cried watching that video. corinne is an amazingly strong person, i cant imagine going though all that she did. same with rob, it's amazing he survived it all. what he said about having a new perspective on life really struck me, i hope he and corinne get to go out and live their best life now that he has a second chance at it.

RegularToe
Informer
Informer

Post by RegularToe »

feelinpapal wrote:damn i totally cried watching that video. corinne is an amazingly strong person, i cant imagine going though all that she did. same with rob, it's amazing he survived it all. what he said about having a new perspective on life really struck me, i hope he and corinne get to go out and live their best life now that he has a second chance at it.
I was (happily) surprised that he threw their content under the buss. Galaxy bath bombs being insignificant in the greater scheme of life is the right takeaway in terms of their career. Their wasteful/smart-stupid lifestyle has bothered me for awhile knowing that no one who follows them will really execute their pin attempts, but seeing this video cornered in on exactly WHY. No one who is old enough to execute their DIY projects would ever do them (for the most part— don’t throw your galaxy edible iPhone cases at me) and us viewers over 18 have like... shit to do... they’ve understandably been stuck. Their job relied on them being young and frivolous.

I like them.It would be hard not to after that. I really hope this graduates them to another level for their short and long term mental and physical healths.

For those of you who mentioned therapy for Corrine, I am inclined to assume she’s in it giving that she quite publicly spoke about a long-term reliance on alcohol and weed and was able to give it a real go. Plus the fact she was even able to record that video whilst being in control of herself says there’s some work being done there. Granted, she’s probably more in the weeds than rob is emotionally because she was there for all of it... his emotional recovery will come in stages that way... so it could be her a little numb still but I don’t know.

yew
Learner
Learner

Post by yew »

I, too, was surprised that they mocked their own content. I'm excited to see what comes next with their channel.

I'd love to see more room makeovers, and i loved the Man vs House series.
my first language isn't english

SaltInTheShade
Learner
Learner

Post by SaltInTheShade »

yew wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:32 am
I, too, was surprised that they mocked their own content. I'm excited to see what comes next with their channel.

I'd love to see more room makeovers, and i loved the Man vs House series.
Couldn’t agree more with both of you! I wouldn’t wish what they have gone through on my worst enemy. How horrifying for both Rob and Corrine and I feel awful for them. But also at the same time I feel really hopeful? (I’ve personally dealt with some major health issues and it just shook up my whole world and perspective in a good way.) They really seem to have a renewed sense of purpose, direction and strength. I hope they can channel that to create and do the things that they’ve always wanted to do, just like they were talking about at the end of the video.

I was also pretty surprised that they acknowledged their content being kind of frivolous in the grand scheme of things! Maybe it can help them get out of their old way of doing things and start up something great. Hoping for the best for both of them as they recover and learn to manage Rob’s autoimmune disease, and that they take care of themselves both physically and emotionally.

Mads07
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mads07 »

^I was genuinely surprised and impressed at how well they both kept themselves together during the video. I would have been a mess!

ParisianDoll
Informer
Informer

Post by ParisianDoll »

Honestly, I’m a fairly unemotional person (not in a sociopath kind of way but more of a I don’t form emotional connections to people I don’t actually know way) but I bawled a little at this video. My heart broke a little when they showed the texts Corinne sent to his phone.

I too loved the home makeover stuff, and I have a feeling I’d enjoy their national park content too - I understand they have a younger demo they’d like to cater to but if they can put out stuff that’s more relevant to people their own age like me and more interesting to them, I’d be willing to wager they’ll keep a large portion of their viewers.

Post by Guest »

Following.

I cried too during the video. It’s scary to hear someone talk about how their world was completely wrecked and then of course being scared that the same thing could happen to you.

Post by Guest »

Yeah I appreciate how it could have sucked for him to have died and only be known as just "That DIY fail guy" yknow. Obviously he is way more than that, as we all are, but I get the realization he had where that could have been what he was reduced down to in public.

Not to degrade anything they have done, like I appreciate that their stuff isn't serious and there's nothing wrong with a bit of levity and distraction from the shit in this world - and I do like DIY and Crafts - but it was clear that for a while they've been phoning it in and had become caricatures of themselves - being edgy and just doing what was popular for clicks and money in the bank, not for the true passion of it - and I don't blame them - we would all be guilty of that in their position!

So I hope they can come to do something meaningful if that's what they chose to do. I would love to see the Travel Channel stuff they did before he got sick, maybe they can keep doing something like that, or even just do random vlogs once a month, I'd be quite happy with that. Or nothing at all if that's what they prefer.

senoradroolcup
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by senoradroolcup »

I'm also really excited to see what's next for them. I genuinely think Corinne & Rob are really interesting, intelligent people and I'm hoping that they show more of that, take on some of their passion projects and make videos about them (whatever they may be - I'm guessing things related to the environment/green living/travel/etc.). Of course it goes without saying I wish that they could have made this change on their channel without such a traumatic medical event causing it!

beautyblenderhohoho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by beautyblenderhohoho »

i felt so bad when she was saying that the paramedics assumed he was like overdosing because he's younger

i really hope this gives them a new lease on their channel and their content and that it matures

abahney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by abahney »

beautyblenderhohoho wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:08 pm
i felt so bad when she was saying that the paramedics assumed he was like overdosing because he's younger

i really hope this gives them a new lease on their channel and their content and that it matures
Unfortunately it's a safe assumption for someone his age to be oding rather than a medical emergency. 99 out of 100 calls they get like this are very likely what they assumed

Return to “N-Z”