Should I Call Them On It??

logicalnonsense
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Should I Call Them On It??

Post by logicalnonsense »

Okay, this is going to be a long rant so please bear with me, I really need advice. There’s basically two parts with two different people in this situation I am dealing with so I’ll start with the first less complicated one.

I found out the other day that this guy I have been talking to recently, like flirting with is possibly engaged. Let me explain, so on his Facebook it says single, but I found him on Instagram yesterday and he appears to be engaged to some girl – posted a picture of them with a ring on her finger that said “she said yes”. At first I thought it was something old that he just forgot to delete after they broke up. Then I clicked on her Instagram that he tagged in the picture and it says in her bio that she’s engaged to him and they have been posting pictures together recently. So what do I do, do I call him on it or just ghost him? I mean we were flirting pretty heavily, the type I would consider cheating if someone I was with was doing that.

On to the more complicated story - my ex and I have to put it lightly a complicated history – on/off again, he’s suffering with mental illness, I am not but anyways he basically screwed with my head for years breaking up with me and then wanting me back and I was stupid enough to go back a few times but completely ended it a few years ago. I told him not to talk to me again and that would go well for a few months and then on like holiday’s or birthdays he would try to weasel his way back in but I wouldn’t answer. Finally, he stopped last summer and I found out the reason why is that he became engaged to someone he had been dating for a few weeks after the last time he tried to contact me. Well long story short, he messaged me asking if I wanted to go to their wedding and naturally I was like WTF is wrong with you, no I don’t want to go to your wedding. Stopped talking to him again, however he messaged me telling me he was really unhappy in his relationship and was just trying to find someone to replace me but he failed and still loved me, and then he broke off their engagement because he wants to get me back. I told him I didn’t trust him and didn’t want to get back with him, but he’s not getting the hint. Then I find out that his fiancé still thinks they were together the whole time – just on a “break” and she is saying now that they’re back together for real – meanwhile he’s still trying to get back with me and telling me he loves me and wants to see me even after I keep telling him I don’t want to see him. What do I do in this situation? I so badly want to call him on it, but he’s been in the hospital recently for he said an apparent suicide attempt, but his fiancé was saying something differently to someone on Facebook (we’ve been friends on there since before they were together so that’s how I am seeing everything). I don’t want to set him off or anything, but I do want answers as I am sick of him screwing with me.

Help with both situations would be greatly appreciated!

phoenixfeather283
Learner
Learner

Re: Should I Call Them On It??

Post by phoenixfeather283 »

I'm no relationship expert :P
so for what my opinion is worth-
NO to both guys.

If you call out either of them, you'll end up being the villain in both the narratives. Somehow, in these situations, I've always seen the other person get blamed and not the person who is ACTUALLY doing the cheating. (I have no better word for this. I know it's not technically cheating, but it also kind of is)

Your ex seems so toxic, i can totally see how it's messing with your head. Cut him off completely. Block him. Don't see him, run in the opposite direction if you have to. He is not your responsibility. It could be a moment of weakness in his current mental state. Don't get into it. He'll get all the sympathy and you will be crucified.

The second guy, is just a plain old douchebag. If he's cheating on his girlfriend, he'll probably do it to you as well.
I don't think she'd even believe you. you'll simply become a target for her misplaced anger.

Maybe send her the messages anonymously? But I don't think anything direct would work in your favour.

Hope this was of some help <3

(HOpeefully, none of this comes out condescending or rude. Relationships are complicated af.
Jenna marbles one said " sometimes, what seems logical isn't always the right decision, because it's not how your heart works" )

V O L U M E
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by V O L U M E »

Girl just leave them both alone. You should completely block your ex and change your phone number, if you haven't done it yet.

logicalnonsense
Informer
Informer

Post by logicalnonsense »

Yea, I haven't had contact with either of them for a few days now and plan to keep it that way.

Return to “Relationships”