Elle Florence

Ccc123000
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Elle Florence

Post by Ccc123000 »

Watching the memory lane vlogs of her different apartments and moves, it struck me how messy and unclean her closets always look. For someone who repeatedly calls herself a "beauty and fashion guru," it baffles me why she would show her closet with clothes haphazardly placed, shoes in a tacky shoe tree... In the loft video where she was showing their "before" shared closet, all their clothes were strewn about on the shelves and some clothing and bedding pieces were just discarded on the ground!?! And she had A LONE SPORTS BRA just hanging randomly on the second floor banister. LOL.

But what I really wanted to say is, why are some people on here arguing with the posters to defend Elle? Last I checked this is the TRASH thread. She may have a RAVE thread where you might not feel as offended and can sing her praises without anyone batting an eye. Kthanksbye.

McShade009
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by McShade009 »

koalah wrote:
McShade009 wrote:It is not about her certifications. She specifically said that she was currently a securities regulation counsel for the company that she works for. And in that legally brunette interview she talked about being a practicing attorney and how hard it is to juggle everything. But based on the other published articles she is not a practicing attorney, she is an investigator. She is licensed as an attorney but her job is not that of a lawyer.
Did you read the link fully? She is a lawyer albeit not a snazzy flashy lawyer like on TV but she is one. I'm not even an Elle fan but this whole lawyer/not lawyer thing is ridiculous.
I don't think you understand the distinction between being licensed as an attorney and practicing as one. It is not about being a TV lawyer, she claimed in that video and in that interview that she was working as an attorney (in-house counsel = attorney) when in fact she is not, she is an investigator. The article talks about her being a successful lawyer, which she isn't. How can you be a successful lawyer when you haven't practiced law as an attorney???

McShade009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by McShade009 »

koalah wrote:
McShade009 wrote:It is not about her certifications. She specifically said that she was currently a securities regulation counsel for the company that she works for. And in that legally brunette interview she talked about being a practicing attorney and how hard it is to juggle everything. But based on the other published articles she is not a practicing attorney, she is an investigator. She is licensed as an attorney but her job is not that of a lawyer.
Did you read the link fully? She is a lawyer albeit not a snazzy flashy lawyer like on TV but she is one. I'm not even an Elle fan but this whole lawyer/not lawyer thing is ridiculous.

Edit -
A securities lawyer handles the financial assets of their clients, whether for minor issues or lawsuits. The educational path to become a securities lawyer is parallel to that of all types of lawyers; graduating college and law school, and passing the bar exam to earn licensure. They also take courses in law school that pertain to their specialization.

Securities law is a specialized subdivision of business law. Securities lawyers deal with the law as it relates to the purchase and sale of stocks, bonds and other investments. Securities lawyers have to pass a bar examination to be licensed with the state.

There are three main branches of securities law, regulatory work, transactional work and litigation. Securities lawyers who do regulatory work may help clients deal with issues involving the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations, the National Association of Securities Dealers, the New York Stock Exchange and other laws that protect the interests of investors. Those who do transactional work deal with the legal issues involved in mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings (IPOs) and mutual funds. Finally, security lawyers who work in litigation handle both civil and criminal lawsuits, and enforcement actions. Securities lawyers may represent companies or investors.

A fraud investigator is NOT a securities attorney. http://mfda.ca/reasons-for-decision/reasons201637/ In this case Christopher Corsetti was the attorney ( counsel), whereas Elle WAS NOT listed as counsel, she was listed as an investigator and wrote an Affidavit. Attorneys that represent a client do not write affidavit in the case of which they are representing the client. So my point stands - Why is she trying to mislead her viewers, the journalist of that legally brunette article, and that panel that she was invited on?

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

I thought everyone knew that's why people were diagnosing her with narcissistic personality disorder? So... now that's cleared up (again) is anyone really going to call the bar/law society/whatever to have her disbarred? Or at least call her out in *appropriate forums?* (Because I'll watch, popcorn at the ready)

Harper5
Talker
Talker

Post by Harper5 »

McShade009 wrote:
koalah wrote:
I don't think you understand the distinction between being licensed as an attorney and practicing as one. It is not about being a TV lawyer, she claimed in that video and in that interview that she was working as an attorney (in-house counsel = attorney) when in fact she is not, she is an investigator. The article talks about her being a successful lawyer, which she isn't. How can you be a successful lawyer when you haven't practiced law as an attorney???
This!
:tu:

McShade009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by McShade009 »

pussinboots wrote:I thought everyone knew that's why people were diagnosing her with narcissistic personality disorder? So... now that's cleared up (again) is anyone really going to call the bar/law society/whatever to have her disbarred? Or at least call her out in *appropriate forums?* (Because I'll watch, popcorn at the ready)
It is just crazy though how she can be such a pathological liar, and how was she able to dupe those girls that invited her to speak on that panel? Didn't they research her before they invited her to speak about how it is to be such a successful attorney and venturing off into other businesses? And for her to just tell everybody that she is in-house counsel? Did she not know that it was going to be filmed? What the hell??????

stubbssie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by stubbssie »

adel220 wrote: I know you didn’t intend to say this for comedic effect, but this made me laugh so hard. :rofl: Only because it sounds so typical. ;)

As for when Joe decided to dump Elle, I think it was a lot sooner than that. I still stick with December/January. Tennis bracelet, no ring. He probably took his time because he was stuck with the lease and maybe he was hoping that Elle would redeem herself in time. Obviously she didn’t improve and by the time April came along, he was probably disengaged with her at that point to tell the landlord not to renew the year lease.
I just can't believe these are real people. It's so easy to make fun of them.

I mean they briefly connected in that moment to herald the virtues of their respective glasses of wine, then they might as well have been sitting at different tables; Elle absorbed with her camera, and Joe absorbed with what? Judging by his vacuous yet hedonistic expression I'd wager silently farting. Each enjoying their own shitty airport wine and looking like the cat that got the cream. These two had/have less chemistry than a Swiss doctor during the Protestant Inquisition.

My advice for Elle would be to immediately quit shopping. Go to the gym. Get some hobbies. Sleep with some really hot but possibly stupid guys. Stop saying French words. Rename her cat. Try having some fun without mentioning merlot, pashminas, cashmere, lavender or nordstrom. Come on Elle!! You can do it!

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

@McShade Yeah I know, but I also really don't. I'm assuming we're talking about the HerCampus event at SFU? I don't really think highly of HerCampus and anyway isn't it run by student-members? They're just kids I guess. Plus maybe she has private clients on the side. Maybe mom has retained her as her lawyer. Can you do that? Hire your kid as your lawyer? Well one can hope...

@adel - woah no! are you saying tennis bracelet was pre-breakup sorry gift?! That's lush of him. I don't believe it. I just can't. 4 grand to dump someone?! No! no! no! But seriously, there's a problem with your timeline. The lease was up early April. You need at least 30 days notice to end tenancy. They were still living in it last month and Elle said she plans to live there for a few more weeks before moving to her mom's/find a new place. The timeline doesn't add up
Last edited by pussinboots on Tue May 01, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McShade009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by McShade009 »

stubbssie wrote:
adel220 wrote: I know you didn’t intend to say this for comedic effect, but this made me laugh so hard. :rofl: Only because it sounds so typical. ;)

As for when Joe decided to dump Elle, I think it was a lot sooner than that. I still stick with December/January. Tennis bracelet, no ring. He probably took his time because he was stuck with the lease and maybe he was hoping that Elle would redeem herself in time. Obviously she didn’t improve and by the time April came along, he was probably disengaged with her at that point to tell the landlord not to renew the year lease.
I just can't believe these are real people. It's so easy to make fun of them.

I mean they briefly connected in that moment to herald the virtues of their respective glasses of wine, then they might as well have been sitting at different tables; Elle absorbed with her camera, and Joe absorbed with what? Judging by his vacuous yet hedonistic expression I'd wager silently farting. Each enjoying their own shitty airport wine and looking like the cat that got the cream. These two had/have less chemistry than a Swiss doctor during the Protestant Inquisition.

My advice for Elle would be to immediately quit shopping. Go to the gym. Get some hobbies. Sleep with some really hot but possibly stupid guys. Stop saying French words. Rename her cat. Try having some fun without mentioning merlot, pashminas, cashmere, lavender or nordstrom. Come on Elle!! You can do it!
I don't think she can...she is in too far deep. She doesn't know how to loosen up and be easy going. Heck even in that vlog when she was getting ready to go to Costco with her mom she was dressed like she was going to the office. She just can't relax and be low key.

Auntie_Tatiana

Post by Auntie_Tatiana »

stubbssie wrote:
adel220 wrote:My advice for Elle would be to immediately quit shopping. Go to the gym. Get some hobbies. Sleep with some really hot but possibly stupid guys. Stop saying French words. Rename her cat. Try having some fun without mentioning merlot, pashminas, cashmere, lavender or nordstrom. Come on Elle!! You can do it!
As much as I love your advice, there is no way in hell Elle would do any of that stuff. The girl cannot relax, breathe, take it easy, and just "be". She is always amped. Always on. Always perky. Always filming. Always uptight.

I guarantee right now she is scoping out the Nordstrom website for a luxury handbag to "treat herself" to. Or just ordering a few hundred dollars of knitwear and "classy" old-lady tweed shit.

McShade009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by McShade009 »

pussinboots wrote:@McShade Yeah I know, but I also really don't. I'm assuming we're talking about the HerCampus event at SFU? I don't really think highly of HerCampus and anyway isn't it run by student-members? They're just kids I guess. Plus maybe she has private clients on the side. Maybe mom has retained her as her lawyer. Can you do that? Hire your kid as your lawyer? Well one can hope...

@adel - woah no! are you saying tennis bracelet was pre-breakup sorry gift?! That's lush of him. I don't believe it. I just can't. 4 grand to dump someone?! No! no! no!
Well she could, but Elle specifically said that she currently works in-house counsel and doing securities regulation...well unless her mom has a company and hired Elle as her in-house counsel, then I guess Elle was telling the truth. Although, I doubt that she was working as an attorney AND as an investigator at the same time. And interesting how her experience as a securities in-house counsel is not listed on her adjunct professor bio, even though it would've been relevant since she is teaching a law related class.

McShade009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by McShade009 »

Silver_Heather wrote:
stubbssie wrote:
adel220 wrote:My advice for Elle would be to immediately quit shopping. Go to the gym. Get some hobbies. Sleep with some really hot but possibly stupid guys. Stop saying French words. Rename her cat. Try having some fun without mentioning merlot, pashminas, cashmere, lavender or nordstrom. Come on Elle!! You can do it!
As much as I love your advice, there is no way in hell Elle would do any of that stuff. The girl cannot relax, breathe, take it easy, and just "be". She is always amped. Always on. Always perky. Always filming. Always uptight.

I guarantee right now she is scoping out the Nordstrom website for a luxury handbag to "treat herself" to. Or just ordering a few hundred dollars of knitwear and "classy" old-lady tweed shit.
Oh man if I only had a penny for every time she said "treat myself"...She thinks that just putting minimal efforts into something deserves a reward or an applause. She lives in la la land that is why she can't make a relationship last.

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

I don't really see her as fibbing about her job still. Mostly because I can't see what the reason for it could be - YouTube views, status? What does she get out of it? It is shockingly easy to find a ton of info about her with a few minutes of Googling.

She's still friends with Joe on FB. Girl needs to figure out how to lockdown her FB more. She has creepy doll eyes in every picture and Joe has creepy serial killer eyes in their separate FB photos. They never looked like much of a couple together.

Post by Guest »

pussinboots wrote:@McShade Yeah I know, but I also really don't. I'm assuming we're talking about the HerCampus event at SFU? I don't really think highly of HerCampus and anyway isn't it run by student-members? They're just kids I guess. Plus maybe she has private clients on the side. Maybe mom has retained her as her lawyer. Can you do that? Hire your kid as your lawyer? Well one can hope...

@adel - woah no! are you saying tennis bracelet was pre-breakup sorry gift?! That's lush of him. I don't believe it. I just can't. 4 grand to dump someone?! No! no! no! But seriously, there's a problem with your timeline. The lease was up early April. You need at least 30 days notice to end tenancy. They were still living in it last month and Elle said she plans to live there for a few more weeks before moving to her mom's/find a new place. The timeline doesn't add up
That is true, I didn’t think of the cost of the bracelet. I was just focused on the idea it wasn’t a ring.

My thoughts with the lease was that he was considering not renewing it for a while, ie, it was weighing on his mind. When March came along, he might have told the landlord that both he and Elle were not renewing for the year and to just go month to month. By April, he probably tipped off the landlord that he was leaving end of April...as for Elle, she was just in the dark so she was still bound by the month to month lease. By now she probably gave her landlord the 30 days so she now has the extra weeks to move her stuff to her mom’s.

But this is all just guessing and assuming. For all I know he could’ve renewed for the year and then broke the lease and paid a hefty fine for it. I dunno. In the end I just think he was totally over her long ago. I don’t think people up and leave so suddenly. It was brewing for months in his mind.

My feelings on her being a narcissist was when she made a comment to one of her viewers weeks ago that was a blatant lie and I took it as her “gaslighting” that person. The viewer called her out on her deleting/moderating her comments and Elle basically said, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” That shot up red flags for me. The whole lawyer thing I didn’t really care about even though I knew she was lying about her job, too. But who knows, the more I read this thread, the more I’m inclined to believe she is just super insecure, not a narcissist at all. She wasn’t always like this (pre 2014), so maybe there is a really sweet girl underneath all that big hair and makeup.

McShade009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by McShade009 »

You know what's weird? Now that Joe broke up with Elle, and had the balls to just walk away, I kind of find him more attractive :P There are a lot of men that are willing to be pushed over and even marry a woman just because she demands it. Whereas Joe had enough and acted on it. Kudos to him.

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

@Adel - Actually that's what I was thinking happened to the lease too! Except that sounds so convoluted and makes Joe out to be some nefarious mastermind. (Maybe he is?) Also if I were Elle and I learned that during the breakup, I'd be blind with rage at him for pulling that stunt. The slowest blindsided car crash in the world. At this point, him renewing the lease but then met someone like a poster said and made a run for it sounds more plausible

"The viewer called her out on her deleting/moderating her comments and Elle basically said, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” That shot up red flags for me."

Oh shit, didn't know that. Yeah totally a red flag moment. Actually I'm the opposite, I'm starting to believe she is narcissistic not just insecure. Like Koalah said, there's no reason for her to lie about being an investigator especially when the evidence is all available online. Except maybe the reason is that she is a narcissist. (If you clinically have narcissist personality disorder, are you still on the hook for your actions or is this like the insanity plea?)
Last edited by pussinboots on Tue May 01, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a33QyUy7
Debater
Debater

Post by a33QyUy7 »

McShade009 wrote:You know what's weird? Now that Joe broke up with Elle, and had the balls to just walk away, I kind of find him more attractive :P There are a lot of men that are willing to be pushed over and even marry a woman just because she demands it. Whereas Joe had enough and acted on it. Kudos to him.

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when that conversation went down. Can you imagine the shock on her face listening to him being firm/non-negtioable about ending it and not trying to work on things. And then him just walking out for good with all of his things in suitcases.

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

McShade009 wrote:You know what's weird? Now that Joe broke up with Elle, and had the balls to just walk away, I kind of find him more attractive :P There are a lot of men that are willing to be pushed over and even marry a woman just because she demands it. Whereas Joe had enough and acted on it. Kudos to him.
I'm the opposite. Just think, one out of the only two reasons he gave was YT yet sometimes he filmed her (seemingly) voluntarily and even sometimes directed her. Like this whole episode highlighted how hot and cold he can be. I imagine he was mentally listing down all of Elle's annoying personality traits while counting down the days til he left. Psycho

penelope90
Debater
Debater

Post by penelope90 »

pussinboots wrote: I'm the opposite. Just think, one out of the only two reasons he gave was YT yet sometimes he filmed her (seemingly) voluntarily and even sometimes directed her. Like this whole episode highlighted how hot and cold he can be. I imagine he was mentally listing down all of Elle's annoying personality traits while counting down the days til he left. Psycho
Yea, I went back and re-watched some of her old girlboss :roll: vlogs and he seems pretty content in them. He often chimed in on what she was talking about even if he wasn't in the frame/included in the shot or even in the conversation at all. So Idk. I've said it before but it just felt like an easy target from him to throw out to her as a supportive evidence to end things.

Even in that cringy camping vlog he looks pretty happy and comfortable to be on camera in front of his friends so his whole youtube change of heart is likely correlated to his change of heart about her.

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

@Penelope90 - but I can cite instances when YT truly was a wedge driving them apart such as when Joe was her performing monkey during [retch] Joemas, opening each mediocre present for the camera. Or when she'd act all cute housewife asking him with her cooing voice to taste her cooking with on camera. [retch retch]

Anyway, Joe/Elle said it: the main issue was compatibility and down the line, one of the things was YT. So yeah, even he acknowledged that YT was just one (minor) grievance among some/many.

Return to “Elle Florence”