Elle Florence

Harper5
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Elle Florence

Post by Harper5 »

He could have grown more tired and resentful of the vloggjng. It’s also possible his friends and colleagues may have starts bringing up things that opened his eyes more and made him realise he wanted out.
People very rarely just leave without actually thinking about it beforehand. Without factual evidence I’m not willing to (at this point) brand him as some evil man who deceived her or manipulated his way to make the breakup more favourable for him.

It seems (to me at least) he was actually generous in leaving the place and not forcing her to leave. He made a firm decision, stuck to it and left. I respect that he is able to be firm and not give her false hope of reconciliation. Even if he stayed and tried to work on things, it most likely wouldn’t have worked out anyway and she would still be hurt. It would probably be even more hurtful because at that point both would be even more stressed, walking on eggshells and unhappy with their situation. In the long run, this is better for them both. They each know where they stand and that’s it.

spankcat
Informer
Informer

Post by spankcat »

Wow, she's gotten a ton of views on her breakup video.

Also, if you want to check out her "bachelorette" pad after her previous break up... Posted April 2016

penelope90
Debater
Debater

Post by penelope90 »

@pussinboots Yea totally! Fair point. I think I'm just stuck on this particular issue bc, on a personal level, it drives me nuts in relationships when one person is outwardly enthusiastic about something and if that changes for them (which is anyone's right), they don't voice it and just expect the other person to know. I've seen that happen in so many dynamics around me and it's like yooooo just...say something about it! And then hopefully it becomes a non-issue.

But haha yea, I totally agree that it was all about their incompatibility as they stated and yt was minor.

spankcat
Informer
Informer

Post by spankcat »

Skimming through her old videos ~2015, you can tell she has gained a bit of weight. She is not large by any means, but it's obvious she is dressing for the body she used to have instead of embracing the one she has now.

Bonus:

Her wearing the sweater in August 2015 that she is trying to sell for $50. The sweater used to be well-fitting on her, even with a bit of space to spare. But of course, her shoe choices have always been horrendous. Those are bright purple-cobalt suede pumps... :? Such a waste of an extensive footwear collection

ShannonQT85
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ShannonQT85 »

ShannonQT85 wrote:
I do think Joe is really sweet. That being said he's super awkward on camera...but I'm sure it's because he clearly doesn't really like being filmed. But it's nice he tries for her. Not sure they are going to make it long term though....they don't seem to have a whole lot in common. Joe is more of an outdoorsy, easy going & quiet guy while Elle is hardly outdoorsy haha....she's more of in "indoor girl" who is very spoiled and high maintenance. But it seems to work for now...opposites can attract and maybe he is helping keep her a bit grounded haha. But I do have my doubts everything is as good as she tries to make it seem as being in their relationship
^^I posted that back in September. Clearly I’m not surprised. I am a bit surprised though how it went down kind of behind her back with him packing his stuff while she wasn’t home. They weren’t going to work, but I do feel bad for her she didn’t see it and he didn’t bother communicating his unhappiness and issues to her to try to work on making things better

RubyGT
Talker
Talker

Post by RubyGT »

She's still his friend on Facebook and he changed his picture? I'm so curious about the comments on his page.
Another note, the scene of them on the balcony when he's pointing out people in the park doing things. You can tell he was annoyed he wasn't outside. He visibly was annoyed and angry about her cat comment and redecorating. He didn't find it cute or funny. Hindsight is 2/20 for her........ I hope.

SwimmerGirl29
Learner
Learner

Post by SwimmerGirl29 »

penelope90 wrote:
pussinboots wrote: I'm the opposite. Just think, one out of the only two reasons he gave was YT yet sometimes he filmed her (seemingly) voluntarily and even sometimes directed her. Like this whole episode highlighted how hot and cold he can be. I imagine he was mentally listing down all of Elle's annoying personality traits while counting down the days til he left. Psycho
Yea, I went back and re-watched some of her old girlboss :roll: vlogs and he seems pretty content in them. He often chimed in on what she was talking about even if he wasn't in the frame/included in the shot or even in the conversation at all. So Idk. I've said it before but it just felt like an easy target from him to throw out to her as a supportive evidence to end things.

Even in that cringy camping vlog he looks pretty happy and comfortable to be on camera in front of his friends so his whole youtube change of heart is likely correlated to his change of heart about her.
agree. I rewatched the Arizona part of that vlog, and in the few clips Joe purposely puts himself in the frame to get camera attention, twice. Once when she's doing her makeup, and at the pool. But okay he hated her filming. :roll:

SwimmerGirl29
Learner
Learner

Post by SwimmerGirl29 »

RubyGT wrote:You can tell he was annoyed he wasn't outside.
Really? He just came from a beer patio.

ps. some people think he reads here. I highly doubt that, it took him days to change his profile pic on facebook (to get elle out of it), he has 0 to few tweets, and I even doubt he read youtube comments. He just seems the type to be oblivious to social media and stuff like this.

Akent_2016
Informer
Informer

Post by Akent_2016 »

Harper5 wrote:
McShade009 wrote:
koalah wrote:
McShade009 wrote:It is not about her certifications. She specifically said that she was currently a securities regulation counsel for the company that she works for. And in that legally brunette interview she talked about being a practicing attorney and how hard it is to juggle everything. But based on the other published articles she is not a practicing attorney, she is an investigator. She is licensed as an attorney but her job is not that of a lawyer.
Did you read the link fully? She is a lawyer albeit not a snazzy flashy lawyer like on TV but she is one. I'm not even an Elle fan but this whole lawyer/not lawyer thing is ridiculous.
I don't think you understand the distinction between being licensed as an attorney and practicing as one. It is not about being a TV lawyer, she claimed in that video and in that interview that she was working as an attorney (in-house counsel = attorney) when in fact she is not, she is an investigator. The article talks about her being a successful lawyer, which she isn't. How can you be a successful lawyer when you haven't practiced law as an attorney???
This!
:tu:
:tu:

RubyGT
Talker
Talker

Post by RubyGT »

LivinginSeattle wrote:
koalah wrote:I don't really see her as fibbing about her job still. Mostly because I can't see what the reason for it could be - YouTube views, status? What does she get out of it? It is shockingly easy to find a ton of info about her with a few minutes of Googling.

She's still friends with Joe on FB. Girl needs to figure out how to lockdown her FB more. She has creepy doll eyes in every picture and Joe has creepy serial killer eyes in their separate FB photos. They never looked like much of a couple together.

I just creeped on his FB and there's a girl named Erika Anttila commenting and liking all his photos except the one of him and Elle. Almost comes off thirsty
Seems she's a practicing litigator........ Hmmmmmmmm.

I'm going to stop lol.

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by meg1912 »

LivinginSeattle wrote:
koalah wrote:I don't really see her as fibbing about her job still. Mostly because I can't see what the reason for it could be - YouTube views, status? What does she get out of it? It is shockingly easy to find a ton of info about her with a few minutes of Googling.

She's still friends with Joe on FB. Girl needs to figure out how to lockdown her FB more. She has creepy doll eyes in every picture and Joe has creepy serial killer eyes in their separate FB photos. They never looked like much of a couple together.

I just creeped on his FB and there's a girl named Erika Anttila commenting and liking all his photos except the one of him and Elle. Almost comes off thirsty
Ha! Well, guess he's not so shy after all, naughty Joe. It was quite obvious from what Elle said that there's someone else in the picture.
And before I get jumped on being asked why I believe in her version: I do believe in her version, because she could've just lied and said it was mutual. Instead, she let her guards down and showed she's only human and that some things are just out of her control, which takes a lot of courage to do, whether you like Elle or not.

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk

Harper5
Talker
Talker

Post by Harper5 »

spankcat wrote:Skimming through her old videos ~2015, you can tell she has gained a bit of weight. She is not large by any means, but it's obvious she is dressing for the body she used to have instead of embracing the one she has now.

Bonus:
[img]<a class="vglnk" href="https://puu.sh/AesZ3/994a9fd187.png[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>puu</span><span>.</span><span>sh</span><span>/</span><span>AesZ3</span><span>/</span><span>994a9fd187</span><span>.</span><span>png</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]
[img]<a class="vglnk" href="https://scontent-lax3-2.cdninstagram.co ... 6400_n.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>scontent</span><span>-</span><span>lax3</span><span>-</span><span>2</span><span>.</span><span>cdninstagram</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>vp</span><span>/</span><span>7cc01d77d840451c4c8d3168000fe42b</span><span>/</span><span>5B8750A7</span><span>/</span><span>t51</span><span>.</span><span>2885</span><span>-</span><span>15</span><span>/</span><span>e35</span><span>/</span><span>30087269</span><span>_</span><span>2136245693278245</span><span>_</span><span>1146765502211686400</span><span>_</span><span>n</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

Her wearing the sweater in August 2015 that she is trying to sell for $50. The sweater used to be well-fitting on her, even with a bit of space to spare. But of course, her shoe choices have always been horrendous. Those are bright purple-cobalt suede pumps... :? Such a waste of an extensive footwear collection
Yep.

The Sentaler coat is a good example. She is a medium size woman, but buying small and extra small? The coat is totally tight on her!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Harper5
Talker
Talker

Post by Harper5 »

One more lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Harper5
Talker
Talker

Post by Harper5 »

RubyGT wrote:
LivinginSeattle wrote:

Seems she's a practicing litigator........ Hmmmmmmmm.

I'm going to stop lol.
Erika is friends with both of them on social media, but she appears to be Joe's friend..There is a photo of a group of people including Joe from 2016 that Erika Posted.

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5B60B59A

Post by Guest »

I’m not going to judge Joe or Elle — relationships that fail are complicated and both parties contribute to it’s demise.

I’m speculating, but I imagine the conversation between them as he walked out was not lengthy. He was packed to go waiting for her return so he could break up and leave her. Remember, Joe didn’t have a car so he either had s friend, Uber or cab waiting or had them on standby to arrive at a specific time. So I imagine the conversation was very short and to the point which would be extremely hurtful to be on the receiving end. So, as much as she’s unlikeable at times I feel badly for her. There are others on YT that I dislike far more than Elle and yet my compassionate side would come out for them too.

To sound tacky, this break-up actually makes her more interesting and relatable and she should go with it on her channel. This is what people want to see in a YT vlogger — vulnerability in real life events. She needs to lead with that and bring herself back down to earth (as much as she’s capable of). She said she wants to work on herself, not sure what that means to her. Eh, it’s Elle so she’s never going to be some altruistic version of herself. And for those that want to see her volunteer— it’s not gonna happen. However if she could be less vapid...

Post by Guest »

I’ll have to agree with previous poster in that I don’t think Joe reads here. I don’t think he cares that much about social media. As for Elle, I don’t think she reads here either, at least not regularly. She might have in the beginning, but she probably thinks GG is full of jealous haters and doesn’t need to read negativity.

I started watching Elle early 2016, but then stopped when I couldn’t handle her uppity snobbery. I didn’t really watch any of her videos prior to that but I decided to watch them and I thought she was more “normal” than how she portrays herself now. Which is why I changed my stance on her just being extremely insecure instead of narcissistic. I still think she is a mean snob, but it could be because all this YT admiration has got to her head. Sounds about normal for many YouTube “gurus” out there.

Unless Elle says that Joe was cheating on her, I’m not going to assume anything if there is “another woman” involved. I think people are taking his handling of the break up way too personally. What he did sucks, don’t get me wrong, but he could have done much worse. Maybe they’re still “friends” on Facebook because they want to keep things civil. If she really hated him, wouldn’t you think they wouldn’t be Facebook friends?

Lastly, and this is something “nice” about Elle, I do appreciate that she accepted his statement that he was done instead of fighting for him. Too many needy people keep trying to “save” a relationship, much to the frustration and annoyance of the other partner. I am sure she mostly accepted the finality because he was moving anyway, but at least she was grown up about it and accepted his decision.

colette
Debater
Debater

Post by colette »

meg1912 wrote:
LivinginSeattle wrote:

Ha! Well, guess he's not so shy after all, naughty Joe. It was quite obvious from what Elle said that there's someone else in the picture.
And before I get jumped on being asked why I believe in her version: I do believe in her version, because she could've just lied and said it was mutual. Instead, she let her guards down and showed she's only human and that some things are just out of her control, which takes a lot of courage to do, whether you like Elle or not.

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk
Well to be fair, it’d be pretty hard to spin it a different way bc she’s so obviously thirsty for the ring in all the videos. Also, unless she wanted to foot the bill for rent herself to keep up the facade of slowly growing apart before a “mutual” breakup, she’d have to have some surprising reason for why she’s suddenly filming from her moms house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

@meg - Sure another woman scenario is plausibly a reason that motivated Joe to get out of the relationship but I can't believe he revealed that during the breakup when Elle (whom, I agree with you and your reasoning, I believe during her breakup reveal was being truthful) was talking about how happy and good they were. That's not the reaction of a scorned woman. Even "classy" scorned women (which Elle loves to think of herself. classy not scorned.)

@posh - Minor detail but doesn't Joe have a car? I mean he's a outdoorsy dude in Vancouver, he must have at least a Honda CR-V, which didn't he use to drive himself and Elle to go camping?

" I imagine he was mentally listing down all of Elle's annoying personality traits while counting down the days til he left. Psycho"
Just to balance what I myself said, I can also imagine that Joe had already mentally clocked out of the relationship and was phoning it in until her mom came back so he can break up with her. Or another scenario was that Joe was just too preoccupied to notice the state of his relationship (with work and 10k training) but during a state of clarity (possibly from running?) he made a snap decision. Lots of possible scenarios, but we'll never know unless we get inside Bunny Joe's brain.

SwimmerGirl29
Learner
Learner

Post by SwimmerGirl29 »

pussinboots wrote:
@posh - Minor detail but doesn't Joe have a car? I mean he's a outdoorsy dude in Vancouver, he must have at least a Honda CR-V, which didn't he use to drive himself and Elle to go camping?
Nope, I've seen him do some kind of car rental membership thing.

McShade009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by McShade009 »

SwimmerGirl29 wrote:
penelope90 wrote:
pussinboots wrote: I'm the opposite. Just think, one out of the only two reasons he gave was YT yet sometimes he filmed her (seemingly) voluntarily and even sometimes directed her. Like this whole episode highlighted how hot and cold he can be. I imagine he was mentally listing down all of Elle's annoying personality traits while counting down the days til he left. Psycho
Yea, I went back and re-watched some of her old girlboss :roll: vlogs and he seems pretty content in them. He often chimed in on what she was talking about even if he wasn't in the frame/included in the shot or even in the conversation at all. So Idk. I've said it before but it just felt like an easy target from him to throw out to her as a supportive evidence to end things.

Even in that cringy camping vlog he looks pretty happy and comfortable to be on camera in front of his friends so his whole youtube change of heart is likely correlated to his change of heart about her.
agree. I rewatched the Arizona part of that vlog, and in the few clips Joe purposely puts himself in the frame to get camera attention, twice. Once when she's doing her makeup, and at the pool. But okay he hated her filming. :roll:
I think what happened is that Joe told her that they are not compatible, she pressed him to give her an example (because she is oblivious and doesn't see it that they weren't), and he just mentions Youtube. I mean it is true that he is not into Youtube as much as she is. I think that he didn't mind being filmed, but doesn't care much about Youtube. That was an easy and safe example for him to give her and try not to make it too awkward and difficult. He didn't want to go into her personality traits, and how self absorbed, snobby and annoying she is. I think, as other have pointed it out, the camping vlog really highlighted the differences in their personalities.

He just doesn't want such a high maintenance girlfriend and now approaching their anniversary, he realized that he needed to break it off before it is too late and he wasted her years in finding a better/more compatible mate for her.

Return to “Elle Florence”