<3

Stacie Anne
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Helen MelonLady / snakebitesparkles Part 2

Post by Stacie Anne »

Does she still go by MelonLady or whatever it is anymore? :?

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

DutchLurker
Talker
Talker

Post by DutchLurker »

fruitloaf wrote:Matthew is absolutely disgusting in the 8 Years Apart vlog. He has serious anger issues :?.
Yes he does, and he know it. He talks about it in his last video, he's in therapy
English is not my native language, sorry!

Eastsiderider
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Eastsiderider »

:HK:

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

I really liked reading Helen's new blog post. I agreed with many of her points in regards to the internet making people sad. Out of many YouTuber's, I like that she's vocal on her honest thoughts and is not afraid to have a different opinion.

I found this particular part to be really funny.

"Just because we’re not washing our hair under a waterfall in Thailand on a Wednesday morning does not mean that there’s something wrong".

http://www.helenanderz.com/2017/01/inte ... ign=buffer

I much prefer to watch Helen's content, over those pretentious luxe bloggers who live very unattainable vapid lifestyles. Sadly, some of them were once humble and nice, but then they changed into self-obsessed entitled narcissists with no redeeming qualities or personalities.

I think that Helen can be quite hard on herself, but she's achieved a lot in her career. She also seems to be sensible, hard-working, grounded and realistic prioritising things that are important in life rather than having many material possessions. For instance, she worked very hard and saved up a lot of money to purchase a house and get a mortgage which is a big achievement and a very good investment. Some people would blow all their earnings on pointless expensive goods, I'm not pointing any fingers here because it's not my place but I've come across some content creators, who simply never think logically about their future and spend their money very carelessly which is not smart.

Helen has dreams and visions which I find to be inspiring. I like how she's unique and designed her home based on her own personality, rather than what's trending in the boring generic blogosphere. To me I found that really refreshing, even though her home decor is not really my style. It conveys that Helen has integrity and is not a follower, splashing out on the typical Urban Outfitters/West Elm homewares that many of these content creators hoard in their homes. I mean, don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with those stores, even though I don't shop there myself but where is the diversity and originality? Every other YouTuber house tour I watch is almost always the same throughout. Nothing different.

Although, she did many hauls in the past she still stays true to herself and has not changed significantly, which is why I still go back and watch her videos despite the fact that she can sometimes act irritating and obnoxious. She still has the same originality from when she first started her channel.

princessbubbl3gum
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by princessbubbl3gum »

fruitloaf wrote:I really liked reading Helen's new blog post. I agreed with many of her points in regards to the internet making people sad. Out of many YouTuber's, I like that she's vocal on her honest thoughts and is not afraid to have a different opinion.

I found this particular part to be really funny.

"Just because we’re not washing our hair under a waterfall in Thailand on a Wednesday morning does not mean that there’s something wrong".

http://www.helenanderz.com/2017/01/inte ... ign=buffer

I much prefer to watch Helen's content, over those pretentious luxe bloggers who live very unattainable vapid lifestyles. Sadly, some of them were once humble and nice, but then they changed into self-obsessed entitled narcissists with no redeeming qualities or personalities.

I think that Helen can be quite hard on herself, but she's achieved a lot in her career. She also seems to be sensible, hard-working, grounded and realistic prioritising things that are important in life rather than having many material possessions. For instance, she worked very hard and saved up a lot of money to purchase a house and get a mortgage which is a big achievement and a very good investment. Some people would blow all their earnings on pointless expensive goods, I'm not pointing any fingers here because it's not my place but I've come across some content creators, who simply never think logically about their future and spend their money very carelessly which is not smart.

Helen has dreams and visions which I find to be inspiring. I like how she's unique and designed her home based on her own personality, rather than what's trending in the boring generic blogosphere. To me I found that really refreshing, even though her home decor is not really my style. It conveys that Helen has integrity and is not a follower, splashing out on the typical Urban Outfitters/West Elm homewares that many of these content creators hoard in their homes. I mean, don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with those stores, even though I don't shop there myself but where is the diversity and originality? Every other YouTuber house tour I watch is almost always the same throughout. Nothing different.

Although, she did many hauls in the past she still stays true to herself and has not changed significantly, which is why I still go back and watch her videos despite the fact that she can sometimes act irritating and obnoxious. She still has the same originality from when she first started her channel.
I disagree. I LOVED her channel before. She was so unique and she was one of those youtubers that I actually wanted the stuff she had in videos. Although she was obnoxious she was still unique and not stuck up so I loved it.

Then she sold out, I know all youtubers do sponsored videos but when I stopped watching her it was like 5 sponsored videos vs 1 normal one... I asked her about it and her reply was so fucking rude, (I wasn't rude in asking btw) I just totally lost respect for her. Sure, do sponsored videos but space them out a bit so they're not EVERY video.

I gave her another chance when she made a vlog about it and it turned me off even more. I'm so sick of these youtubers like "I have TO do sponsored videos to pay my bills and blah blah blah" like duh, of course you do. But you need to learn to either incorporate it better or space them out. She was just a whinny little bitch who was moaning about her viewers who are the ones who pay her bills anyways. When she was rude to me personally that was it. I had tickets to one of her gigs and I didn't even go cuz she pissed me off that much. I hate youtubers or celebs in general who forget where they came from and she is one of them.

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

I honestly find her so boring- let's face it she's only known because of her hair dying videos.

souplessbitch
Talker
Talker

Post by souplessbitch »

Can this girl ever write a video description without at least one misspelling in it? (Spoiler alert: no.)

Hattersdomain
Learner
Learner

Post by Hattersdomain »

Long time lurker here and I know it's always mentioned but I can't believe she lets her fiancé talk (well shout) at her the way he does and it's practically daily. He acts as if she just irritates him why did he even propose? And people constantly comment on her videos like "all couples fight!" Or "love you guys so real!" - my best friend is engaged and if her fiancé spoke to her in that way she wouldn't just laugh or put on a child's voice like "meanie" and pout. :?
Also is it just me or was it weird how her sister was talking about wanting to take a guy home at the wedding in front of their mother? (Maybe that's just me though because I'm not close with my mum lol)

zombiecat
Talker
Talker

Post by zombiecat »

I'd never let my boyfriend speak to me like that - a lot of people in the comments write it off as "oh it's just banter" but I think he gets really aggressive with it and it turns quite nasty. It isn't a healthy relationship to have your partner screaming at you every day over something stupid and it is every single day - every vlog he goes off about something new. Honestly, I think he contributes a lot to her self confidence issues and I hope she finds someone better who makes her feel special.

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

I think Matt is atrocious in so many ways. He's just a very malicious, vile bully. I also agree that he act's like this in every video and it's painful and uncomfortable, to watch a grown man acting like a child throwing tantrums and being violent for no valid reason. He even acts disrespectful towards Helen's friends and family. It's true that it has affected Helen's confidence because before she was actually vibrant, super confident and free-spirited but now she's very self-conscious and says how she get's anxious.

I don't even know why she includes all that footage of him being aggressive and bullying her. I would be embarrassed and very ashamed to show my viewers how abusive my fiance is in every single video. Does she ever question herself and her dignity? I think that Helen's making a huge mistake marrying Matt. I can't speak for her since I don't know her personally, but from what I've seen it's going to make her feel worse putting up with his bad attitude. What's worse is that her close friends and family probably watch her videos. I do also see Matt as an opportunist and it seems as though he doesn't really contribute. It's always Helen doing everything for him. Even after she helps him out he still looks very miserable. Odd.

I don't think anybody sane would approve of that unhealthy, toxic relationship unless they are very dim and very ignorant or are scared to voice their opinion. Matt admitted that he's in therapy for his anger, but that's no excuse to bully anybody because you have personal issues. Everybody has their struggles, you don't use that against people when it's not their fault.

I think that he puts her down a lot about her weight, clothing choices and her unique quirks which made her to doubt herself a lot in Vlogs. I've noticed that she's very hard on herself and is not always herself. It's a shame really and I do agree that she should find somebody else, who is caring and will treat her respectfully. There's a good reason why people often stay away from guys like Matt.

BrideOfFrankenstein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrideOfFrankenstein »

I just watched Matthew's ''We need to talk'' video, but it just made me more confused. Yes, it explains a lot about his behaviour, but why the hell does Helen keep including his outbursts in her vlogs when she knows that it's not normal and it's something he's in therapy for?! She shows it in her vlogs, people comment that it's ''couple goals'' and ''just banter'' and she doesn't correct them and says ''No, he has real anger issues, this isn't normal guys!'' I personally think that's really irresponsible of her. She gives people the wrong idea about what a healthy relationship is even though she knows it's not a healthy situation! But it's probably because she still thinks it's normal and can't stick up for herself. I just don't get it..

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

^
I agree and it is irresponsible of her. I honestly think that she's in denial. She wants to prove to people that she's in a happy stable relationship, when it's obvious that she's not. She's probably afraid of how she will be perceived, if she decides to prioritise herself and do better for herself (she doesn't want to be seen as a failure for her relationship ending). In a way she's trying to put on a brave face and continue on, even though she's being treated unfairly by him. It could also be down to competition sadly, with all these YouTube couples getting hitched left, right and centre she probably feels the pressure to do the same whether or not he's genuine.

Irishish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Irishish »

She leaves in the clips of him being awful to her so she will receive comments that excuse the behaviour so she doesn't have to face up to it.

Its clear she only puts things out there on the internet to receive the feedback she wants to hear and she seeks positive reinforcement when it comes to her self value and relationship rather than looking for those things from within herself and the relationship itself.

lunaluvgood
Informer
Informer

Post by lunaluvgood »

I quite liked her weight loss tips video.

Hattersdomain
Learner
Learner

Post by Hattersdomain »

Yeah it is really irresponsible of her to try and normalise his behaviour and if that's his anger issues she should take it more seriously and not put it online, I can't watch her vlogs because I'm always waiting for him to kick off I can't imagine living with that man anything Helen says seems to cause him a huge tantrum.
Also something I've noticed is how much she spends, she has so many hauls from clothes to home stuff she must be on some serious money because nothing she buys is cheap either.

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

CBA to watch the "we need to talk" video. Can someone brief me what's happened or what's said?

Eastsiderider
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Eastsiderider »

Basically he's "not violent" but "things started to happen between him and Helen that needed to be adressed", so he went to therapy which is "very expensive" (made sure to emphasis that like three times). At first he didn't want to go to therapy because he's so macho, but eventually did, but it felt uncomfortable and school like. But now it's somehow better after he became self employed. Anyway... He admits that he was a d*ckhead when he was with his ex. He thinks this is because the way he was brought up and how his work environment is (apparently manly men trying to solve disagreements with shovel fighting etc.). Also he was suffering from "depression kind of stuff" when he started to be with Helen, that was because of money, and then he has suffered from anxiety his entire life.

Well, nobody is an arsehole just because they have a mental health issues, obviously. Surely you can't be in control and superduper nice if you're having really bad anxiety, but that's not the only reason you're that way. So, I think it explains some of the behavior, but mainly he might just be a d*ckhead lol. Hopefully he learns to understand his feelings better, learns patience and more healthy coping skills than lashing out at people etc.

Return to “Helen Anderson”