James Charles

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: James Charles

Post by Nun4GretchenWieners »

https://twitter.com/kodeerants/status/1 ... 67362?s=20

Oh dear... James' respond was ridiculous.

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

Nun4GretchenWieners wrote:[url]<a class="vglnk" href="[/url" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>kodeerants</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>1064595950759567362</span><span>?</span><span>s</span><span>=</span><span>20</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>]

Good grief! And now his sister stans are dogpiling on that girl. :roll:

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

Nun4GretchenWieners wrote:[url]<a class="vglnk" href="[/url" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>kodeerants</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>1064595950759567362</span><span>?</span><span>s</span><span>=</span><span>20</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>]

not a huge fan of James and would never defend him but is girl seems over dramatic. like he said most reds, pinks and purples stain. that's not out of the ordinary.
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

Nun4GretchenWieners wrote:
I'm upset I had to click that link and watch that girl. She annoyed me ever since her Jeffree Star video. She's honestly being dramatic.

Meomix
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by Meomix »

sisinikkole wrote:

not a huge fan of James and would never defend him but is girl seems over dramatic. like he said most reds, pinks and purples stain. that's not out of the ordinary.
If his palette was "breaking makeup history" no color should be staining or causing reactions for that matter.

Kazerella
Debater
Debater

Post by Kazerella »

In all of my many years of applying makeup, I have NEVER had a product stain my skin like that! So no, it’s NOT “normal”.

JC is being extremely unprofessional responding to her like that. Shame on him! Shame on Morphe for even signing JC!

shhcanttell
Debater
Debater

Post by shhcanttell »

His fashion style is so blah and derivative and honestly just boring by now... biker shorts and hoodies and industrial belts? Super original

lapislazuli
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lapislazuli »

Kazerella wrote:In all of my many years of applying makeup, I have NEVER had a product stain my skin like that! So no, it’s NOT “normal”.
It's actually very common with highly pigmented shadows. My modern renaissance palette stains a bit and so do the bright purples and pinks I own from coloured raine +sugar pill. I am super pale too, so that is a factor. I was never angry or upset with those brands and others or anything, I simply came to realize it comes with pigmented shadows. Dont get me wrong though, James responded like a fucking idiot as usual. The girl is annoying and obnoxious as hell too though. This whole drama is cringe.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

FWIW I'm black with dark skin and red-toned matte eyeshadows with a lot of pigment also stain my eyes. As far as hives go, she must be highly sensitive to an ingredient. I looked through her tweets, and she literally mentions being allergic to coconut oil. But is she going to go on a rant against coconut oil manufacturers are deceiving consumers?

Ugh I hate that I have to side with Jamis on this one.
(also someone should make a new thread?)

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Yeah I don't want to defend his palette because I can't stand Morphe shadows, but I have plenty of bright shadows that stain. You just use a good primer and a good makeup remover and you're fine. If she had some Boscia charcoal cleansing balm that shit would have come right off - that takes off ANYTHING!! That girl's just hoping to get more views for bitching about it. James needs to learn to ignore people and not keep replying to them because he just makes himself look like an idiot.

Post by Guest »

Brights typically stain but they shouldn't cause you hives or an adverse reaction

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

I found out on BGC that the girl got a “Can’t Relate” tattoo because Jeffree Star retweeted her. So much cringe. She’s an obnoxious troll. I think she’s getting what she wanted on Twitter: lots and lots of attention.

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

LiddlePallid wrote:Yeah I don't want to defend his palette because I can't stand Morphe shadows, but I have plenty of bright shadows that stain. You just use a good primer and a good makeup remover and you're fine. If she had some Boscia charcoal cleansing balm that shit would have come right off - that takes off ANYTHING!! That girl's just hoping to get more views for bitching about it. James needs to learn to ignore people and not keep replying to them because he just makes himself look like an idiot.
Exactly.

Love that Boscia cleansing balm BTW. I think the one from Farmacy is even better, though.

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nun4GretchenWieners »

That girl was super obnoxious. I still dont like the way that James responded. He is a representative of Morphe. Wheb he mouths off at customers, even when they are rude, it's a reflection of their company. Same thing when he was an ambassador to Covegirl and he made those ignorant statements about Africa. It's also very inappropriate for him to be commenting on every big gurus videos about the palette. It ends up looking like he may have been in their ear, which makes them look biased. I'm also sick of hearing the excuse "hes young". Yes he is but his hubris and lack of self awareness is really running thin.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

AppleBlossom wrote:
LiddlePallid wrote:Yeah I don't want to defend his palette because I can't stand Morphe shadows, but I have plenty of bright shadows that stain. You just use a good primer and a good makeup remover and you're fine. If she had some Boscia charcoal cleansing balm that shit would have come right off - that takes off ANYTHING!! That girl's just hoping to get more views for bitching about it. James needs to learn to ignore people and not keep replying to them because he just makes himself look like an idiot.
Exactly.

Love that Boscia cleansing balm BTW. I think the one from Farmacy is even better, though.
I have been dying to try that one! The Boscia one lasts so damn long, when I'm finally out of it I'll try Farmacy :rofl:

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

Nun4GretchenWieners wrote:https://twitter.com/kodeerants/status/1 ... 67362?s=20

Well not to defend James, but I just watched and she was OTT dramatic and reaching. He said in his palette launch video and other times too that a pigmented shadow will stain. It comes off. Particularly when they don't use carmine, but dyes for the color. I've had no trouble with other shadows along these lines and use a little Albolene first then wash like normal. If it stains it's only a day and I knew it would do that already without any "warnings".

Jeffree Starr mentioned that very thing, too, particularly with the reds in his Blood Sugar palette. So there are plenty of "warnings" about pigmented pink, red and purple shadows staining.

As for the hives, I agree with James, see your dermatologist. That's you, having an allergic reaction to something not indicative of how the palette does for everyone who uses it.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

shadefordays
Talker
Talker

Post by shadefordays »

Honestly, this kid drives me BONKERS. Everytime he gets a negative review/response he takes to twitter to bitch and act like everyone is out to get him. People review products, when you put out a product, expect it to be reviewed, and YES some people will like it, some people will not. They are entitled to that opinion, but to accuse people of lying is just pathetic and shows how much confidence you lack in your brand. Shut up and let the palette do the talking!

Fuego94
Talker
Talker

Post by Fuego94 »

shadefordays wrote:Honestly, this kid drives me BONKERS. Everytime he gets a negative review/response he takes to twitter to bitch and act like everyone is out to get him. People review products, when you put out a product, expect it to be reviewed, and YES some people will like it, some people will not. They are entitled to that opinion, but to accuse people of lying is just pathetic and shows how much confidence you lack in your brand. Shut up and let the palette do the talking!
Lol I love how in one tweet he's like "I'm getting better at responding to hate and criticism" or something like that and look at him now lol Jamis Chaneo is a major hypocrite.

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
[neon]Joshua[/neon]

xxkittycatgirlxx
Informer
Informer

Post by xxkittycatgirlxx »

James just got a Tesla and he's letting Ian drive it while he films himself driving on snapchat

Hem848484
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hem848484 »

For whoever created the next thread, may I suggest keeping it simple and going with just “Jamis Chaneo “? :D

Return to “James Charles”