HalseyandAriBeauty (NikiandGabiBeauty) Part 3

blairwaldorfxs
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: HalseyandAriBeauty (NikiandGabiBeauty) Part 3

Post by blairwaldorfxs »

Long time lurker, first time poster. Does anyone else notice how Gabi has been working out like crazy recently? I was just thinking that she was getting to a healthy weight and now she's probably going to try getting stick thin again just because a few people mentioned her putting on weight

mylifeasemma
Learner
Learner

Post by mylifeasemma »

gabi posted on her ig about "meeting the characters" in blood queens ... hun, we know the characters. you're making a knock-off, remember?

GivemeCoco
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GivemeCoco »

blairwaldorfxs wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster. Does anyone else notice how Gabi has been working out like crazy recently? I was just thinking that she was getting to a healthy weight and now she's probably going to try getting stick thin again just because a few people mentioned her putting on weight
I've noticed it too and it's a shame. She looks the healthiest she has in years, imho anyway
Including photo because it's relevant and it's a cute photo of her

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk
i like using pictures
imgur.com/a/fbgeJpV

kileymylie
Learner
Learner

Post by kileymylie »

GivemeCoco wrote:
blairwaldorfxs wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster. Does anyone else notice how Gabi has been working out like crazy recently? I was just thinking that she was getting to a healthy weight and now she's probably going to try getting stick thin again just because a few people mentioned her putting on weight
I've noticed it too and it's a shame. She looks the healthiest she has in years, imho anyway
Including photo because it's relevant and it's a cute photo of her

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk
The spray tan gtg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparkles
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sparkles »

She looks nice in that pic but still skinny,, I know she gained weight and it looks so much better but she is still super skinny, Idk why she would want 2 lose anymore. Even If they mentioned her gaining weight, so what? she knows she is not fat, she looks nice. What happened to slim thick? :rofl: Maybe she's working out to gain muscle so she can have an hourglass figure but knowing her I doubt it.

waialepeach
Debater
Debater

Post by waialepeach »

[tweet][/tweet]

can we please stop using tumblr as an adjective/aesthetic???? jfc

arflores0626
Learner
Learner

Post by arflores0626 »

Idk why people are obsessed with the whole "Lolita"-esque trend. It's creepy, not cute.

mylifeasemma
Learner
Learner

Post by mylifeasemma »

arflores0626 wrote:Idk why people are obsessed with the whole "Lolita"-esque trend. It's creepy, not cute.
wait what do you mean by "lolita" trend would you mind filling me in a bit?? thanks!!

kingsizesoda
Debater
Debater

Post by kingsizesoda »

mylifeasemma wrote:
arflores0626 wrote:Idk why people are obsessed with the whole "Lolita"-esque trend. It's creepy, not cute.
wait what do you mean by "lolita" trend would you mind filling me in a bit?? thanks!!
it's either japanese lolita, which is kind of like manga/anime bubble gum outfits in real life, or the vladimir nobokov lolita, which is about a pedophile's relationship with a 12 year old.

mylifeasemma
Learner
Learner

Post by mylifeasemma »

kingsizesoda wrote:
mylifeasemma wrote:
it's either japanese lolita, which is kind of like manga/anime bubble gum outfits in real life, or the vladimir nobokov lolita, which is about a pedophile's relationship with a 12 year old.
ooh ok. how does it apply to niki and gabi?

GivemeCoco
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GivemeCoco »

sparkles wrote:She looks nice in that pic but still skinny,, I know she gained weight and it looks so much better but she is still super skinny, Idk why she would want 2 lose anymore. Even If they mentioned her gaining weight, so what? she knows she is not fat, she looks nice. What happened to slim thick? :rofl: Maybe she's working out to gain muscle so she can have an hourglass figure but knowing her I doubt it.
Well she's always been little, just not has skinny as she tried to make us believe in the past.
i like using pictures
imgur.com/a/fbgeJpV

arflores0626
Learner
Learner

Post by arflores0626 »

mylifeasemma wrote:
kingsizesoda wrote:
mylifeasemma wrote:
ooh ok. how does it apply to niki and gabi?
I was talking about Gabi tweeting the "fetish" video by Selena Gomez. The whole Lolita tumbler aesthetic is creepy and gross. It's not something to admire.

sparkles
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sparkles »

GivemeCoco wrote:
sparkles wrote:She looks nice in that pic but still skinny,, I know she gained weight and it looks so much better but she is still super skinny, Idk why she would want 2 lose anymore. Even If they mentioned her gaining weight, so what? she knows she is not fat, she looks nice. What happened to slim thick? :rofl: Maybe she's working out to gain muscle so she can have an hourglass figure but knowing her I doubt it.
Well she's always been little, just not has skinny as she tried to make us believe in the past.
That is exactly what I mean, Even if people commented that she gained weight is not anything bad cuz she was so skinny before, she is at a good weight right now, she isn't stick thin but not fat, she can still gain like 10 -15 pounds and not look fat.

sparkles
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sparkles »

@mylifeasemma

They mean where the girl tries to look like a little kid, Selena and Ariana are perfect examples. In That Selena video and her recent one, she looks really young and was playing a high school girl, I know you can't help how you look but they play into that image, by the way they dress and act sometimes. Its a dream for those nasty type of men cuz they still look like kids but are older. It's a weird thing :? They really try to play into it in some photos by making em look more kiddish than they are. They really need to dress/act more adult.

poisonprincess
Informer
Informer

Post by poisonprincess »

^that explains it well!
Just think of all the stereotypes for sweet little girls: frilly dresses, bows and pastels, big eyes and pouty lips, perfect golden little Shirley temple ringlets etc etc and then think of how that matches gabi and her aesthetic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arflores0626
Learner
Learner

Post by arflores0626 »

sparkles wrote:@mylifeasemma

They mean where the girl tries to look like a little kid, Selena and Ariana are perfect examples. In That Selena video and her recent one, she looks really young and was playing a high school girl, I know you can't help how you look but they play into that image, by the way they dress and act sometimes. Its a dream for those nasty type of men cuz they still look like kids but are older. It's a weird thing :? They really try to play into it in some photos by making em look more kiddish than they are. They really need to dress/act more adult.

THANK YOU!! this is what I was getting at (didn't know people didn't understand what I was saying...). And like you said, I get the people are born with a baby face, I was too. However I don't see the appeal for girls who purposely emphasize the trend of a little girl being associated with sexual attraction. It isn't cute. Old men get off to this stuff.

jeIIybean
Informer
Informer

Post by jeIIybean »

mochiglenglen wrote:[tweet][/tweet]

can we please stop using tumblr as an adjective/aesthetic???? jfc
This irks me because she completely missed the point of the MV and I adore Selena and thought the Fetish MV was a brilliant, creative masterpiece. It was supposed to be raw, creepy and show off the effects of mental illnesses. It was supposed to be memorable because it was important and creative, not "tumblr". Yes, the "vibe" and "aesthetic" of the MV is very vintage-inspired, but that's merely just a theme. But of course that's all she focused on. Wow.

jeIIybean
Informer
Informer

Post by jeIIybean »

And I didn't get the "Lolita" vibe from the video or Selena at all. I don't see it any different to her acting as a teen in a movie? I see similarities in the way she dresses but that's Selena's genuine style for her new "era". I guess it's just what people want to make of it. I just wish some people, especially Gabi, would look into the deeper meaning of things instead of just seeing aesthetics. Selena wasn't trying to inspire aesthetics or Lolita vibes at all, she was showcasing an illness. Embarrassing for her to have completely missed the point.

kingsizesoda
Debater
Debater

Post by kingsizesoda »

jeIIybean wrote:And I didn't get the "Lolita" vibe from the video or Selena at all. I don't see it any different to her acting as a teen in a movie? I see similarities in the way she dresses but that's Selena's genuine style for her new "era". I guess it's just what people want to make of it. I just wish some people, especially Gabi, would look into the deeper meaning of things instead of just seeing aesthetics. Selena wasn't trying to inspire aesthetics or Lolita vibes at all, she was showcasing an illness. Embarrassing for her to have completely missed the point.
i agree! that's what i got out of the video as well. gabi just sees everything at surface level.

sparkles
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sparkles »

I was explaining what lolita meant to the girl who didn't know what arflores0626 was trying to say.

I meant as in sometimes in shoots and other stuff the photographers and maybe even her label play into how young she looks, the lolita theme has been pretty popular the last few years. Ariana is the worst wit it and thats why Gabi likes it. You're completely right about the video! I love the fetish video and song, Gabi probably didn't even understand the story and immediately see "AESTHETIC!" "VINTAGE" "TUMBLR" That's all she lives for, Her whole life is revolved around an image.

Return to “Niki and Gabi”