Jordan Byers

BabycatAlice
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jordan Byers

Post by BabycatAlice »

Her appropriation of AAVE is getting to be too much. She's a white girl from Ohio and she's openly mocking Black women. When she tries to be less serious she puts that voice and accent on and it's just offensive. Why though? Why can't she talk in her normal voice and accent? It's like she thinks the way Black women talk is somehow funny so she uses that voice to try to be funny. It's disgusting and I know she's young and sheltered (Hi, Christian missionary education!) but it needs to stop.

Melny2513
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Melny2513 »

That's all assumptions though. How do you know she is making fun of a race by talking like that? That's not fair. And trust me I like her but there's a lot I don't like as well. But I'm not gonna assume something like you're doing

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

Melny2513 wrote:That's all assumptions though. How do you know she is making fun of a race by talking like that? That's not fair. And trust me I like her but there's a lot I don't like as well. But I'm not gonna assume something like you're doing
Let's say, hypothetically, she's not trying to make fun of anyone -- even so, it's still all kinds of wrong and she needs to cut that shit out right now.
Blending is my cardio.

Jessiec17
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Jessiec17 »

The accent she is using sounds a lot like my white friends from Jersey City, Bayonne, Hoboken NJ. I have no idea why they have such thick accents and I, a life long Jersey girl, do not. So maybe she's taking a que from the Cash me Ouside girl? It doesn't bother me none because I'm used to people who have that accent.

quidnunc
Learner
Learner

Post by quidnunc »

She doesn't believe in evolution. She said she didn't want to go to college in a Q&A video.
She is just very sheltered, and has a lot of growing up to do. I saw once on twitter she couldn't dye her hair because her parents said no....... I heard her mention she's moving to CA, but Idk why I figured it was alone and not with a parent?

When I was her age I was outside and running around, not sitting in front of a camera, but I know that I acted like that too. I have very mixed reviews on her. I freaking love her eye shadow looks because they aren't warm and smoky all the time.

I feel that in her recent videos shes really trying to exaggerate her face in hopes that we screen shot and make her a meme.

chloestaja
Debater
Debater

Post by chloestaja »

if she says 'bootypop', 'gurrrlll' & 'hon-eee' one more time i swear

TechnicolorLips
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TechnicolorLips »

I hope this girl doesn't get more popular. Her personality just seems fake as hell. How she talks and her mannerisms give off a mean girls 'you can't sit with us' vibe and I see that getting worse if she were to get more subs.
Her attitude is shit because she can't even take criticism. She turns off comments on some videos because she makes people annoyed/upset.
Not to mention she's a hypocrite because she said something along the lines of how she can't talk bad about Birchbox because the SJW's will get offended and attack her. Yet you get offended, turn off comments and label people who disagree with you "SJWs"?
I've noticed in her comments that people will either hate her or love her. Meh ::shrug::

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk
PMS should just be called ovary-acting. <3 :D

quidnunc
Learner
Learner

Post by quidnunc »

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 2.59.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 3.00.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 3.00.43 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

quidnunc
Learner
Learner

Post by quidnunc »

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 3.10.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 3.01.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 3.01.26 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

leodroxxchic
Learner
Learner

Post by leodroxxchic »

^ She got roasted!! :rofl:

TechnicolorLips
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TechnicolorLips »

quidnunc wrote:
Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 3.10.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 3.01.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 3.01.26 PM.png
This is exactly what I was saying about her! She doesn't take responsibility for the shit she says or does. Girl, just apologize. It makes you look more grown up and less like a stuck up bitch. You can't constantly hide behind "it was a joke" or "it's not that deep".

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk
PMS should just be called ovary-acting. <3 :D

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

First time I agree with her :tu:
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

elchaos_
Talker
Talker

Post by elchaos_ »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that's what her annoying childish ass gets. She can't even do decent makeup so who would trust her opinion or review on a makeup palette anyway??

quidnunc
Learner
Learner

Post by quidnunc »

elchaos_ wrote::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that's what her annoying childish ass gets. She can't even do decent makeup so who would trust her opinion or review on a makeup palette anyway??
Or clothing??? Why tell us she really likes this 2 pc set of clothing, only to find her reselling it
Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 10.36.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 10.37.13 AM.png
IMG_7826.PNG

elchaos_
Talker
Talker

Post by elchaos_ »

quidnunc wrote:
elchaos_ wrote::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that's what her annoying childish ass gets. She can't even do decent makeup so who would trust her opinion or review on a makeup palette anyway??
Or clothing??? Why tell us she really likes this 2 pc set of clothing, only to find her reselling it
Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 10.36.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 10.37.13 AM.png
IMG_7826.PNG
LMFAO holy shit. That's amazing. She really let her 100,000 subscribers and a few companies reaching out get to her head :rofl:

VeronicaVanger
Learner
Learner

Post by VeronicaVanger »

I have a huge opinion on her because I feel like people aren't talking about her enough in terms of criticism and boy does she need some.
I used to really like her, I thought she was really pretty and had potential...and then I saw the Birchbox video and it all went south after that. Her personality got increasingly worse and today it's unbearable.
Apart from the things that show up in her videos almost daily like her oh "I'm so pale" and "cool toned" there are other things that just irk the hell out of me like the faces she pulls, inability to speak properly and her bitchiness.
I think she's desperate to be pale or be considered an ice queen or something because today in her "Milani First Impressions" she tried a very very pale shade and it did not match her skin. Someone like Emma Pickles is pale and very cool. Jordan Byers is not. It's getting embarrassing, looking at her face and then her arms or shoulders.
She speaks about things she doesn't like as if it's no good at all which alienates anyone who isn't like her.
I fully believe she's in yt for the money and fame because she made an entire video about buying her "first designer bag"...because buying designer bags is something youtubers do.
I dislike the way she completely shuts down criticism and her rise above it all attitude. Bring yourself down and humble yourself.
I hope she tones it down or doesn't get more famous which is unlikely since she was on kylie's show.
I mean look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuhu67xahR8 Is this any way to start a video?

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

What i dont get is thay how most of her video get 1.5 million views,l. Is it because of the clickbait? I was watching some jefree star videos yesterday and her brutally honest video was in my recommendation (i've unsubscribed months ago) along with clickbait title (something like it ruined my skin,made me allergic etc..)

elchaos_
Talker
Talker

Post by elchaos_ »

Livyas wrote:All I see here is people talking smack about someone who they can't even be bothered to see their true personality. If you actually knew who Jordan actually is you'd see she's a beautiful person with a wonderful heart. She's just pursuing her career and people are being hateful for that?

Nobody is perfect and why are you all acting like people are? Call me a fan whatever yeah so what, i love her, her videos and her makeup line and hate to see people talking about someone they don't even know and jumping to conclusions about who she is.

Why are you spreading so much hate? It's toxic, this thread is toxic, and why can't we all see the beauty and not the 'negatives' ?
Grow up people, give people love.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

Livyas wrote:All I see here is people talking smack about someone who they can't even be bothered to see their true personality. If you actually knew who Jordan actually is you'd see she's a beautiful person with a wonderful heart. She's just pursuing her career and people are being hateful for that?

Nobody is perfect and why are you all acting like people are? Call me a fan whatever yeah so what, i love her, her videos and her makeup line and hate to see people talking about someone they don't even know and jumping to conclusions about who she is.

Why are you spreading so much hate? It's toxic, this thread is toxic, and why can't we all see the beauty and not the 'negatives' ?
Funny that you've got so much time to sign up,and post here. It's called Guru gossip dear,can't you read? xoxo

quidnunc
Learner
Learner

Post by quidnunc »

This thread isn't 'toxic' its a group of like-minded people who come together to share ideas about what is bothering us in the beauty community. We don't spread it around or hate post where her fans can see, we come here to keep our ideas within this thread.

Return to “F-J”