Love Meg/ Hickman Vlogs

Annie1
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Love Meg/ Hickman Vlogs

Post by Annie1 »

I'm not sure if there is a thread for these channels but I wasn't able to find one.

Megan has over 50 000 subscribers on her Love Meg channel and their vlog channel, Hickman Vlogs has around 17 000. Though they said they will no longer be vlogging due to safety concerns within their family. Sounds scary! I'm disappointed because I really enjoyed their vlogs. I really like the Love Meg channel. I think Megan has a real niche in the market (mixture of decor, DIY, mom, beauty, cleaning, organizing, fashion, faith and cooking videos). She also does a lot of collaborations. Her channel has grown so quickly - she only had around 2000 subscribers at the end of 2015. They seem like a really down to earth, hard working family.

I'd love to know your thoughts on their channels.

haworthia
Learner
Learner

Re: Love Meg/ Hickman Vlogs

Post by haworthia »

I really enjoy her videos. Her family is so cute and they seem really down to Earth. Plus I really like all the cleaning videos she does because it gets me so motivated, also I like how she tries to be pretty minimalist. I am surprised how much I've enjoyed her videos on her faith because I am very much not religious but she just comes off so real and not like she's trying to force it on anyone. Just talking about it and what it means for her and her family. It's nice to watch.

Annie1
Talker
Talker

Post by Annie1 »

I really agree with what you said. I like her cleaning videos too. I'm missing their vlogs. I used to really look forward to their uploads. I wonder what happened in their family that caused them to stop vlogging. I'm not sure why they couldn't continue with vlogging and just upload after they had done something (e.g. come back from vacation) and not talked about future plans in their videos. I remember Meg said that the reason they started YouTube was when she heard that you could make money from it (I like her honesty!) so I'm surprised that they are willing to make that sacrifice without trying to change their vlogging habits.

Badizzle
Debater
Debater

Post by Badizzle »

Does anyone want to tweeze all those hairs on the top of her eyebrows? She's so well put together but that just drives me crazy

Annie1
Talker
Talker

Post by Annie1 »

I have to admit that I have gone off her videos. It started around the time they stopped vlogging. I was also disappointed when they showed that they were moving to a fancy new house (sounds strange to be disappointed I know!). But I think what appealed to me about Megan and her family was that they were down to earth and enjoyed their simple life. When they showed these large and fancy homes it was as if they were saying "Oh this is what we always wanted but just pretended like we liked our old lifestyle because that's all we could afford. But now we're big on YouTube we can live the life we've always wanted." Her simplicity and down to earth nature seemed to go out the window when they wanted a more materialistic/ higher status life.

kayler00
Lurker
Lurker

Post by kayler00 »

Anyone still watching her? I searched for more recent threads but couldn't find any.

I used to be quite a huge fan of her but now she's a wicked sell out. Every episode she does is a sponsored one and half the time the sponsors don't really mesh with what she's vlogging or what not about. She seems so fake to me now. She doesn't share any of her personal life now just does cleaning videos and sponsored videos. Nothing is unique like it used to be and now she's just completely boring. I made a comment on one of her old videos and basically just said wish she would do more videos like this instead of the sell out ad videos and the same recycled cleaning vids and she got super defensive, saying her subscribers like her videos. It's like I AM a subscriber, have been since you started I wasn't being rude.

I seriously don't understand WHY YouTubers don't take advice from their watchers. It's fine to do sponsored videos, but try to be different - it's the same stuff that EVERY You Tuber is sponsored by and her videos are not even that good anymore so mix that plus the sponsored crap, it's SO boring. Her last video talked about how she makes 6 figures doing YouTube, more than someone with a "doctors degree" that was the last video for me. How conceited and full of herself is she? Her poor dopey husband. I can only imagine.

Annie1
Talker
Talker

Post by Annie1 »

I haven't watched her in ages. Probably over a year. I too hate when YouTubers change. RachhLoves is a prime example. I think that her true personality has come out now!

mandyRD
Informer
Informer

Post by mandyRD »

6 figures for her channel size is pretty good

Andi1424
Learner
Learner

Post by Andi1424 »

Meg has turned from a sweet humble person to a fake ass. She thinks she's better then everyone and acts like she has 10 million subscribers. The cheek of it to say she earns as much as a doctor! She acts like we're privileged to be getting videos from her and her boring family. I feel sorry for her kids. I've never seen children so isolated and cut off from reality.

MadisonCate
Learner
Learner

Post by MadisonCate »

I really miss the old Meg! She was sweet, humble, and likeable. Now she's so materialistic, rude, and unrelateable. I'm disappointed.

Rose1818
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Rose1818 »

I'm surprised no one posts in this. Meg used to be my favourite YouTuber until she let the money go to her head. Now she is one of those people I can no longer stand to watch :/

Annie1
Talker
Talker

Post by Annie1 »

I haven’t watched her in years. I liked it when she had a “simple” life. They seemed to appreciate everything they had. Now their true personalities have come out. They’re money and fame hungry.

PopSugarLikeJen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PopSugarLikeJen »

Posting because it seems Meg and Family have not been heard from in days
they are currently travelling all over Europe and last posted 5 days ago in Bulgaria

Return to “L-O”