Estée LaSmug - General thread part 18

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Estée LaSmug - General thread part 18

Post by peanutella »

Yeah, Amelia's not that great either and seems to be going through a mental breakdown at the moment.
Non.

sapphirerain
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sapphirerain »

losiento wrote:the moment when you try too hard to look like a care-free hipster that you end up looking like an ancient silk road traveler.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: the fack is this even? Estee looked absolutely gorgeous and fancy with the hot pink dress, and then the video transitions to homeless looking Aslan . so fucking hilarious :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
HAHAHAHA, your post cracked me up!

Honestly though, why does he look like he's about to audition for the role of Lazarus in some kind of Christian musical production?

mt_1980
Learner
Learner

Post by mt_1980 »

I've tried really hard to like her but I something about her really irks me. Coupled with his smug boyfriend, they just piss the shit out of me.

They are both so smug that I can not fathom how anyone can stand them!!!!

fancyvagabond
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by fancyvagabond »

Lamour88 wrote:Tbh Amelia is fucking weird and kind of terrible too so who knows what happened there.
I don't know that much about Amelia. Isn't she just another born rich girl who decided to flaunt her wealth and consuming habits on YouTube as a "career"?
People still do Vlogs? Vlogs are what you shouldn't do when you've got nothing to do. They're terrible. It's like, why don't you make an idea?

- Willam Belli

fantasy
Debater
Debater

Post by fantasy »

fancyvagabond wrote:
Lamour88 wrote:Tbh Amelia is fucking weird and kind of terrible too so who knows what happened there.
I don't know that much about Amelia. Isn't she just another born rich girl who decided to flaunt her wealth and consuming habits on YouTube as a "career"?
Yes, and lately she's been photoshopping her pics to hell and back which has given some people (myself included) the idea that she is not all right in the head at the moment.

The pic of Amelia and Estée together that someone posted earlier - Estée looks like she could be Amelia's mother. The dress, and that hair! Christ

roonil-wazlib
Talker
Talker

Post by roonil-wazlib »

Aslan has to be the most arrogant, smug, try-hard person I have ever seen - I honestly cannot stand him. It really annoys me how he always takes over Estee's vlogs now, I don't care about him and I certainly don't watch it for him so it's extremely irritating. The moment at around the 18:01 in her latest Milan vlog pretty much sums up and represents everything I hate about him - Estee is going "We have made it to a..." and he just jumps in front of the camera, like he couldn't wait to show off, and just interrupts her and starts going on about this design museum and trying to sound really knowledgeable, like the insufferable twat that he is.

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

losiento wrote:the moment when you try too hard to look like a care-free hipster that you end up looking like an ancient silk road traveler.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: the fack is this even? Estee looked absolutely gorgeous and fancy with the hot pink dress, and then the video transitions to homeless looking Aslan . so fucking hilarious :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Meh I see nothing wrong with his outfit personally, it actually looks quite smart.

fancyvagabond
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by fancyvagabond »

roonil-wazlib wrote:Aslan has to be the most arrogant, smug, try-hard person I have ever seen - I honestly cannot stand him. It really annoys me how he always takes over Estee's vlogs now, I don't care about him and I certainly don't watch it for him so it's extremely irritating. The moment at around the 18:01 in her latest Milan vlog pretty much sums up and represents everything I hate about him - Estee is going "We have made it to a..." and he just jumps in front of the camera, like he couldn't wait to show off, and just interrupts her and starts going on about this design museum and trying to sound really knowledgeable, like the insufferable twat that he is.
Well tbf, Estee always starts off a sentence and stops after three words waiting for Aslan to explain the rest.
"So we're at...?" "So this is the...?" "And here we have...?"
She is extremely stupid and uninterested in the world, so she can't be bothered to remember the simplest of facts and wants Aslan to speak for her. But you are correct, Aslan is the absolute worst and he will take any chance he gets to show off how capable and smart he is compared to his uncultured swine of a girlfriend. You'd think people watching would tell him that's not something to be proud of but her sheep fans are as dumb and easily impressed as their leader.

:rofl:

This is literally the only reason he is with her, to feel superior in comparison. Too bad he fails to one up her in the job department.
Pretty pathetic that your emotionally stunted girlfriend who depends on you to peel her bananas has a steady job while you waste your Oxford education as a professional bum/her assistant. Even if her channel is a joke, at least Estee has SOMETHING attached to her name other than a trust fund. That must burn him inside.
People still do Vlogs? Vlogs are what you shouldn't do when you've got nothing to do. They're terrible. It's like, why don't you make an idea?

- Willam Belli

zalfies bee problem
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by zalfies bee problem »

I feel bad because I think I know why Aslan is like that. I used to have the same habit where I'd correct my boyfriend or finish explaining something he started and thank goodness I don't do it anymore (took some effort). It's honestly a bad habit that perfectionists have. I can see how Aslan is really anal about every little thing but maybe Estee just kinda lets him roll over her. If she doesn't assert herself or make a point to let him know it's rude, he won't ever stop. It's not a big deal, just a normal relationship problem that they can overcome if they put in the work.

funwithnames
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by funwithnames »

It is also "Grenfell Tower", not Glenfell ...

Which she would know if she actually cared.
*Stop making stupid people famous.*

fancyvagabond
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by fancyvagabond »

funwithnames wrote:It is also "Grenfell Tower", not Glenfell ...

Which she would know if she actually cared.

"Following the news" aka half listening to Aslan mumbling about the "Glenfell Tower"...

- Willam Belli

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by peanutella »

I clicked on the link to that tweet and noticed that her Twitter bio says "I'm a never nude." What does that even mean and what is the point if putting that in your bio?
Non.

tadahhhhh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tadahhhhh »

peanutella wrote:I clicked on the link to that tweet and noticed that her Twitter bio says "I'm a never nude." What does that even mean and what is the point if putting that in your bio?
The 'never nude' thing is from a show called Arrested Development.

cookiechips
Learner
Learner

Post by cookiechips »

Never nude is an Arrested Development reference. One of the characters even showers in shorts. I find it ties in well with my perception of Estee as fairly asexual.

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by peanutella »

Ahhh David Cross in the shower! I know the scene but didn't make the connection. Yes, she definitely strikes me as asexual and afraid of her own body.
Non.

funwithnames
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by funwithnames »

... and right after being oh so publicly sad about the "Glenfell" Tower tragedy, she is already peddling her shopping page again. She could at least have retweeted one of the help sites. Or maybe donate some things from her extensive wardrobe. Do some good for a change, woman!

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by peanutella »

She could donate clothes and toiletries, all of which she has more than enough. It's not like she actually uses all of those drugstore body washes, shampoos etc. she gets sent everyday so she might as well donate them to those in need. The very, very least thing she could have done was retweet one of the help sites.
Non.

Post by Guest »

You guys are too harsh on her. She's been so busy today, she had a £230 facial to attend.

funwithnames
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by funwithnames »

So... The "Glenfell" tweet is gone. Interesting.

supisupi
Lurker
Lurker

Post by supisupi »

I just can't anymore. Rant coming, buckle up.

1) North Kensington fire. While I didn't follow her on Twitter that day (but didn't see her mention the fire in her tweets now that I checked), I did not see ONE post about the whole thing. And then, the fucking NERVE to post a selfie on Instagram (posted that same day) with a caption "It's a scorcher out there!" There was a comment, that said – and I quote because I can't add a screenshot to save my life, but I have it saved on my phone:

"Captioning a selfie with the word "scorcher" in the wake of a horrific fire which claimed the lives of at least a dozen people in the same city in which you live: classy. If you're not going to utilise your voice and platform to encourage your followers to lend support to victims and their families then at least restrain yourself from post brainless self-serving content at a time of tragedy and loss."

To which she commented something along the lines of how ridiculous the commenter was. Both the comment I quoted as well as her comment are now deleted, so the photo is only filled with people praising her looks and sunglasses.

I don't live in London nor am I English, but that fire makes my eyes teary just typing this. Ugh, how gross and selfish.

2) Her crying of the plastic waste in our oceans, while continuing to buy shit covered in plastic on a daily basis. And she featured the Pixi Double Cleansing product in her IG stories today. She got 3 (three!) of the same product as a gift in the mail and obvs was excited. "How can we stop polluting our oceans" she cries in her tweets, while both using AND promoting a product that has Polyethylene (=plastic) listed in the ingredients. This is basic knowledge if you're AT ALL interested in plastic or microbeads in products. Use the fucking Google, girl, and maybe learn a thing or two if you care that much.

I need to calm down and block her social media, she makes me so angry. I can't hate-watch her anymore cause I actually get really angry, lol. Hope I'm not too rude, but these are issues I am actually really passionate about and I hate this shallow "I care" shit I see so often.

Return to “Estee Lalonde”