alex.pyt wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:54 pm
gossiplover1998 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:15 am
alex.pyt wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:56 am
rosescor wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:23 am
I actually feel sorry for her because she seems like a sensitive and genuine person but the lifestyle she is living and the people around her are not good for her :(
Agreed. I don't like any of the people around her, actually. She seems to morph into whoever she's with and someone who easily loses touch with their friends. I think her bf is the most toxic presence in her life.
I don’t follow her or her bf much but what about her bf is toxic?
Mind you, I don't mean "toxic" as in dangerously toxic, but I don't think he's a great match for her. She often goes out of her way for him, yet he doesn't seem very appreciative. He often acts childish (puking in the ocean then trying to kiss her and chasing her in the sea, climbing a stripper pole in a strip club to the point he was pulled by a guard). I also find it quite suspicious that Sarah and Ashlynn fell off around the time her and Will became a thing. IDK, just assumptions.
I agree, I mean, she did a whole video cleaning his super dirty house, and he barely thanked her. You can tell sometimes she's uncomfortable/embarrassed around him. And he goes to my college, 85% of people smoke or drink daily, so not a huge surprise.

mebentz
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sarah Baska

Post by mebentz »

bryannajs wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:56 pm
moonlightbl wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:13 pm
Raven_nevermore wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:32 pm
Ok Sarah asked us not to spread it around the internet she uploaded it to Patreon bc she gets less views. Soooo because I love Sarah I will respect that and I k ow a lot of people lurk here so if you want to know what happened pm me
i can’t pm anyone because i’m new but could you please tell me? i joined to figure out what happened between sarah and ashlynn lol
SAMEEEEEE. I've been trying to figure this out since it happened, I thought that I was finally going to get the answer lol I've really went through a whole process and I can't even PM.
Me too!! I’ve watched Sarah forever. Her and Ashlynn were my idols. I’m so glad they’re back making videos again. But I really wanna know what happened! someone pm me please.

pacificwonder
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by pacificwonder »

mebentz wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:38 pm
bryannajs wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:56 pm
moonlightbl wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:13 pm
Raven_nevermore wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:32 pm
Ok Sarah asked us not to spread it around the internet she uploaded it to Patreon bc she gets less views. Soooo because I love Sarah I will respect that and I k ow a lot of people lurk here so if you want to know what happened pm me
i can’t pm anyone because i’m new but could you please tell me? i joined to figure out what happened between sarah and ashlynn lol
SAMEEEEEE. I've been trying to figure this out since it happened, I thought that I was finally going to get the answer lol I've really went through a whole process and I can't even PM.
Me too!! I’ve watched Sarah forever. Her and Ashlynn were my idols. I’m so glad they’re back making videos again. But I really wanna know what happened! someone pm me please.
Here's a quote from "elizabeth t" on youtube, the saint who bought the patreon so we could all know!

"whew chile okay here we go guys:
so Sarah and ashlynn go to La, sarah gets approached with the tour deal and she promises Ashlynn half of the tour money if Ashlynn goes on tour with her (keep in mind Ashlynn didn’t wanna go but agreed because sarah promised half of the money) when they come back from tour, sarah said she felt really codependent on Ashlynn because they had been together everyday and now they live with each other and she said she would get jealous when Ashlynn made new friends because she was never able to. (She described instances where she would cry in her room while Ashlynn had friends over) she said it was really unhealthy and she became depressed. After the tour they were also unmotivated to make videos with each other because the excitement wasn’t there anymore! Fast forward and sarah told Ashlynn that she wasn’t gonna give her the tour money that she promised because her “accountant said so”. Ashlynn is really upset because she told sarah that she could’ve used that tour time to find a job in la and she was relying on that money :( Ashlynn has to go back to Oregon now because sarah screwed her over (SARAHS WORDS, NOT MINE) sarah basically takes accountability for not keeping her promise, and not standing her ground with her accountant. She said she felt so guilty and one day (like almost a year later) she had a breakdown and decided she had to give Ashlynn the money. So she drives to Oregon and gives Ashlynn the check, but it still feels awkward between them because she missed out on a year of Ashlynn’s life. Now this is the weird part... and I’m sure sarah is a good person but she sounds really toxic in these situations. And she acknowledges her toxic behavior but it makes me feel uncomfortable hearing this lol. But basically she hung out with a group of friends at a festival a few months later and Ashlynn was invited too and she said she felt all these weird emotions about not having the same friendship with her that she broke up with Will??? At the festival??? Because she was sad about Ashlynn??? Apparently Will was crying the entire night. And then literally the next morning she’s like “no wait Will maybe I do wanna be with you” and Will is like “maybe?” And sarah said she started crying about Ashlynn and saying she was just stressed about that situation. Honestly poor Will because that’s really a mind fuck lmaooo. anyways she breaks up with Will for one night and goes back to her life. Fast forward Her and Ashlynn recently reconnected at a Lizzo concert and get drunk and she said it was like nothing changed. Now they’re friends, end of story"

melanibelle
Stalker
Stalker

Post by melanibelle »

okaay but what happened between her and ashlynn? :(

alex.pyt
Informer
Informer

Post by alex.pyt »

I'm still shocked that somebody would make people PAY to know why they fell out with their best friend.

Halloween
Informer
Informer

Post by Halloween »

Alright, y’all. I haven’t posted on this forum in years because I straight up haven’t cared about any YouTubers enough to give a damn... except for Sarah Baska. This is my “”journalistic”” (albeit VERY tipsy/drunk) account of the Sarah/Ashlynn Patreon video after years of being a true Baska fan. I still love Sarah to death, and she’s probably my favorite YouTube personality to this date, but a lot needs to be addressed in this near-hour long video, so here’s how it all goes:

Beginning: Sarah/Ashlynn move to LA. Sarah’s financially secure with YouTube, and Ashlynn has some money saved from her massage therapy job (but has some issues in the beginning getting the massage license transferred over to CA. Apparently it’s a long process.)

A tour was offered to Sarah. It’d be the SaRAH bAsKa ToUr, and Ashlynn wouldn’t be involved in it. Sarah was like “whoa, no, I NEED Ashlynn there, m’social anxieties!!” And the tour manager was like, “OK FINE, Ashlynn can be there...But only as a special guest, and she won’t be paid for it because she’s just a “guest.”
So Sarah decided she “LIT-rally” couldn’t do it unless Ashlynn was there with her, and offered Ashlynn 50% of what she made from the tour.

Afterwards, Sarah’s accountant says the deal with Ashlynn wasn’t contractual, and Sarah deserves 100% of the proceeds, mostly so she can pay taxes. Basically, her accountant said: “Fuck your deal with Ashlynn, you need to pay taxes, and your deal with Ashlynn wasn’t signed via contract so do whatever you want.”

Sarah ultimately decides not to pay Ashlynn out. Says she had “people in her ear” telling her that she made the right decision — The tour money was rightfully hers, and Ashlynn shouldn’t have felt entitled to it because it was *Sarah’s* tour.

...What? She made a verbal agreement with Ashlynn that 50% of the tour money would be hers. Ashlynn put aside massage therapy job prospects, applying, interviewing, etc. in order to go on this tour with the promise that she would be making 50% of profit off of it. It’s UNDENIABLY messed up that Sarah would go back on that deal just because it wasn’t a contractual agreement. If it was strictly a business agreement, sure, I get that. Gotta do what’s best for you.

...But that’s not how it was. She said she literally couldn’t do this tour without Ashlynn, and had panic attacks at the thought of doing the tour without her. She NEEDED Ashlynn there — That’s why she offered 50% of profit. Sarah mentioned several times up until this point in the video that Ashlynn was a “social butterfly” in LA, made a ton of friends, and Sarah felt insecure and jealous that she wasn’t socially progressing as well as Ashlynn was. This is important, because it was what drove Sarah to accepting the tour. She wouldn’t have done it without Ashlynn, and Ashlynn wouldn’t have done it if she wasn’t promised half of the profit.

To move out to LA with your childhood best friend, become codependent on them to the point where you literally can’t further your career aspects without them by your side (Sarah’s words, not mine), and THEN take back your promise with that person because “shit, gotta pay my taxes and stuff, sorry I took away literally MONTHS of your life for no monetary gain (even though I promised you some)” ... That’s shitty. That’s real shitty. She basically said to Ashlynn: “Thanks for the confidence boost — I’m fine on my own now, good luck to you wherever you go.” You don’t do that to friends. I’m sorry, but that’s messed up. She knew damn well that Ashlynn was in a tighter spot than she was, and she just milked their friendship until she found the security in herself to do bigger things independently.

So, here’s the middle-ish: Without the proceeds from the tour, Ashlynn has to move back to Oregon because she can’t afford LA. Sarah offers to help her with whatever she needs (packing, moving expenses, etc.), But feels awful that it’s essentially money that drove the two of them apart. BUT she has “so many people” telling her that it’s “just business” so it’s okay.

It’s NOT OKAY. It’s not just business! This is your best friend, you know, the one that you relied on for months following your move to Los Angeles — emotionally as well as professionally — and you just kicked her to the curb once you realized she wasn’t pulling her weight (but she could’ve reasonably pulled her weight if you didn’t manipulate her into wasting months of her life on YOUR tour, only to give her NOTHING in return.)
AGAIN, Ashlynn essentially wasted months of being unemployed just to help Sarah under the promise that she would be paid out monetarily for it. And Sarah didn’t deliver! She gave her nothing!!

Sarah discusses having social anxiety post-Ashlynn moving out. Insomnia, crying a lot, blahblahblah.

Sarah gives herself a pep-talk into going to her manager’s party, where Andrea Russett, Sandra, and Ryan were attending. She climbed a tree, sat in the tree, and cried while having a panic attack over Ashlynn.
Andrea FaceTimes Sarah while she’s crying in the tree and invites her to lunch the next day, where she ends up bonding with Ryan and establishing her first “real connection” in LA. Ryan and Andrea are her first real connections in LA besides Ashlynn so she’s like “awww shit, okay! I finally made friends outside of Ashlynn! I’m good now. This is aaalright!”

Actual middle of the story: Sarah had some brand deals, but depression and stuff made it hard because she didn’t want to do it. Everything going on with her (Re: Ashlynn) just made it impossible. “Like, I just can’t do this.”

So Sarah eventually meets with this manager who’s not HER manager (???) sorry I’m pretty drunk by this point, anyway:
He points out the same things that I just did: “Yo, that’s your best friend, that’s messed up, you can’t cut Ashlynn a deal and then go back on it just because your accountant said to do so!”
And Sarah’s like “O shit, you’re right, better cut her a check haHA!”
So she meets up with Ashlynn in Oregon, gives her the check (Is it actually the promised 50% of proceeds?? We will never know! She didn’t specify!)
It’s a super awkward/uncomfortable interaction between the two of them. Ashlynn’s grateful for it though (Duh, bitch is finally getting her money!)

They’d text each other after that, but still, it was just weird. It was, like, weird vibes, man. For a while. Months, apparently.

A while later (more than a year since their falling out), Sarah goes to a music festival with her new best friend from Oregon (Natalie), Ashlynn, and her boyfriend, Will.

Sarah breaks up with Will because... I don’t know, she felt it’d be the right decision given everything that’s going on. Wasn’t his fault. Then they get back together during the car ride back from the festival. Whatever. Kinda suspect that she’d bring this part up so randomly given that their relationship had nothing to do with her friendship with Ashlynn since now, but I digress...

Final part: Natalie invites Sarah and Ashlynn to a concert in Oregon and Sarah’s confident it’ll be better because she’s all ~awoken~ now (She feels more confident in herself because her new LA acquaintances are starting to “invite her to stuff and shit”)

At this concert, Sarah’s suddenly... Totally cool with Ashlynn? And they’re taking shots together and catching up and stuff?

They hug, they cry together, and suddenly come to the conclusion that the universe was telling them that this needed to happen for their own personal growth — they needed to be apart for a while, they needed to grow individually. They twerked in the audience, and they were brought together once again by the twerking, y’know?

The performer — Lizzo — said something about how she can’t believe she’s actually on tour right now, and what an honor it’s been. Sarah and Ashlynn sit together in the grass reminiscing about their time being on tour together, and — voila! — back to being BFFs, and texting each other every other day and shit. Sarah’s currently roommates with her friend Christelle (sp?) and Ashlynn’s doing something or the other. Point is: They’re cool now, and Ashlynn will be “sprinkled in” to whatever videos Sarah decides to include her in. Fin.

-

All of this being said, I do still love Sarah to death and she’s one of the “good ones” IMO as far as YT influencers go. By all means, if you’re trying to preserve your likelihood of surviving in the cutthroat LA influencer world, do it. But if you’re trying to justify your reasoning for pushing a lifelong friend to the side to make that happen, stop it right now. It’s inauthentic and I think everyone who has seen the video would see past it. I’m not even upset that Sarah/Ashlynn aren’t a “duo” anymore, I’m sad at the way she portrayed their “breakup” to the public. Ashlynn was 100% in the right, and IMO, she’s probably only accepting Sarah back into her life due to publicity reasons. Which makes them both kind of assholes in a way, I guess. YouTube/influencer lifestyle is a weird thing.

Post by Guest »

ngl that is SO so so so shitty of sarah. if she's willing to ditch her lifelong best friend bc someone told her so, she's incredibly gullible and a dumbass !! she's always seemed kind of naive. im glad they're cool now but if my best friend did this, i'd literally never forgive them. even if i did, the dynamic would be so weird, our relationship would never be the same

i watched kian and jc's reality house and noticed that even though sarah is super chill all love and peace etc, she seems to lose her temper VERY quickly. after getting eliminated she lashed out at kian and jc, blamed kristen, cried for like 15 minutes and then was like "its all good yall, im not mad everything is fine love you kristen" like ??? i get that 25k is on the line but that was so dramatic and uneccessary? it was also her first challenge, did she really expect to do nothing the entire series and win somehow lol

dfcheesepls
Learner
Learner

Post by dfcheesepls »

it really was shitty of sarah to do that to ashlynn. like if you were best friends you think you would care about the other getting money that you said you would give them after they did YOU a favor. either way they def shouldve done a written contract thing between them just in case because shit like this happens lmao even if ur BFFs.

I also just watched kian and jc's video and she really lashed out. im wondering if shes been needing all this money (like competing in the box competition, and this reality house comp too) bc she finally gave ashlynn this money but doesnt have a lot left?

I do get it bc real life sucks and costs a lot of money but like realistically cant she do like one shitty brand deal and make like 5-10k? i mean on the bright side at least shes not promoting shitty companies.

alphaB13
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by alphaB13 »

Yeah why does she need the money so bad? She has a pretty big following. I mean it does seems like her management is shit, but they can't get her better money?

Post by Guest »

i don't understand why she needs a managment in the first place?? not only her though, most youtubers. they're not some ariana grande level celebrity, they're youtubers lol (????)

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

alex.pyt wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:12 am
I'm still shocked that somebody would make people PAY to know why they fell out with their best friend.
Right ? Man, I hope the age of the influencer is a short lived one.

alex.pyt
Informer
Informer

Post by alex.pyt »

She literally had to make a video reacting to herself on reality house because her reaction to losing was fucking immature. And she cries watching herself complain :? girl it's a game. Relax. It's not supposed to be "fair", it's a silly thing. I hope she apologized to Kian and JC because she looked fucking crazy.

LaurieShelby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LaurieShelby »

Tbh she overreacted on the vídeo i wonder ir everything is okay with her

Post by Guest »

alex.pyt wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:15 pm
She literally had to make a video reacting to herself on reality house because her reaction to losing was fucking immature. And she cries watching herself complain :? girl it's a game. Relax. It's not supposed to be "fair", it's a silly thing. I hope she apologized to Kian and JC because she looked fucking crazy.
i watched the reaction video halfway through and ubsubscribed bc oh my god. hate how she started talking abt these energies, vibes etc that she's never encountered before implying she's never lashed out like this which is most likely a lie lol. girl, just admit you overreacted and yelled for no reason and go

also,, her drinking habits are more concerning. in a recent video she said how she doesn't black out anymore and immediately after told a story about how she blacked out recently ?? i hope she's okay, that's.... not normal behavior

idonteven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by idonteven »

Wow her behavior in the last reality house episode was so cringe. Especially saying how she needed the money and how the challenges were impossible and no one could do them. Like duh that's the point.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

I like this girl but just saw her merch on Instagram stories and it seriously made me roll my eyes. Ugly AF slogans slapped across some basic tops : “what the flip is Up tubers” and, wait for it, “totally.”
If you have to resort to putting that nonsense on some cheap t shirt then you probably shouldn’t be making merch at all. Sure, make some money. I hope she doesn’t try and spin it any differently - like she out loads of time and work into it and that’s always been her dream etc

shutupSIRI
Learner
Learner

Post by shutupSIRI »

I didn't mind her merch line with the 'What the Flip is Up' and 'Call Your Parents' slogans because they were designed to a degree, but the new merch is literally just a word on a shirt with emojis on it. It's lazy and stupid. I've heard from other fans that her patreon is not worth the money and she rarely uploads content. It seems like most people just signed up in order to hear the Ashlynn story. Overall, I have mostly lost interest in this girl which is sad because at one point she was my #1 fav.

rosescor
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by rosescor »

I've always liked Sarah like I mentioned before. That being said, she seems to not give a shit about her subscribers nowadays. She's putting out half-assed content irregularly that feels forced and then trying to sell her merch and get us to subscribe to her Patreon. I do feel bad for her because obviously she's an anxious mess and not doing fine (though the lifestyle she is living is making it worse imo), but I wish she focused on her Youtube career more.

LaurieShelby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LaurieShelby »

I think she needs to get help at this point or leaving L.A i think it would make a huge difference for her. Also the last girl who was with her o that harry styles reaction video is copying her with no shame :roll:

soiheardtheresteasis
Lurker
Lurker

Post by soiheardtheresteasis »

I’m surprised there’s not more stuff in this thread. Just watched her Korea video and her and her friends are unbelievably obnoxious. Yikesss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “N-Z”