Tarababyz (Part 2)

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Tarababyz (Part 2)

Post by lulugirl765 »

nattydread wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:56 pm
I've always wondered if people that get filler can do facial massage, as in Gua sha. I know that the filler migrates eventually but never disappears but if they do face massage, does the filler move and disperse unevenly.
Or if any kind of massage like that is even advisable? I have no idea. I’ve been thinking of getting some frown lines filled, I would never want the balloon cheeks and the cheeks are what concern me over the lumping. But I don’t know, people like Cher and Madonna keep getting it done and they still look smooth.

nattydread

Post by nattydread »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:20 am
nattydread wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:56 pm
I've always wondered if people that get filler can do facial massage, as in Gua sha. I know that the filler migrates eventually but never disappears but if they do face massage, does the filler move and disperse unevenly.
Or if any kind of massage like that is even advisable? I have no idea. I’ve been thinking of getting some frown lines filled, I would never want the balloon cheeks and the cheeks are what concern me over the lumping. But I don’t know, people like Cher and Madonna keep getting it done and they still look smooth.

Just do your research thoroughly and explore multiple options....maybe botox would help with forehead lines instead of filler? You DO NOT want to end up looking like Jacass Hill.....her face is jacked and seems irreversible at this point.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

nattydread wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:31 pm
lulugirl765 wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:20 am

Just do your research thoroughly and explore multiple options....maybe botox would help with forehead lines instead of filler? You DO NOT want to end up looking like Jacass Hill.....her face is jacked and seems irreversible at this point.
My frown lines are caused by sagging so Botox won’t do anything. J-Hill has a lot of body weight in her face, Tara looks all filler to me.

WhiteWhaleWoman
Talker
Talker

Post by WhiteWhaleWoman »

So on camera it doesn’t look like she wears that much makeup but if you look at her ig pics it looks like straight cake face! And this is coming from someone who is obsessed with makeup. Has anyone else noticed this?? In her pics it looks like she is wearing a straight up mask, thick layers of makeup!!! Very unflattering. I’m trying to figure out why it looks like that in her pics but not on camera maybe bc she’s close up to the camera and farther away for the cake face pics any thoughts ??

ChittahChattah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChittahChattah »

I feel like over the years of watching her, it's gotten worse and worse. Her skin is so nice, I don't understand the need to cake on foundation like that. I rarely use foundation because I hate the feel of it and I have pretty decent skin so I don't bother most of the time. Her skin is flawless, yet she piles on acne skincare like her life depends on it lol.

Also wtf is the makeup look in her latest video? Good grief!!!

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

WhiteWhaleWoman wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:34 am
So on camera it doesn’t look like she wears that much makeup but if you look at her ig pics it looks like straight cake face! And this is coming from someone who is obsessed with makeup. Has anyone else noticed this?? In her pics it looks like she is wearing a straight up mask, thick layers of makeup!!! Very unflattering. I’m trying to figure out why it looks like that in her pics but not on camera maybe bc she’s close up to the camera and farther away for the cake face pics any thoughts ??
She doesn't know how to edit photographs? On youtube she can place the camera very close to her face, adjust the lighting etc. I haven't looked at her iG too much but her pics all seem to be with other people so it stands out a lot when she's next to normal looking people.

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

Post by Muriel Bananafish »

I see her new thing is ostentatious compacts from weird Chinese brands. At least we seem to have moved on from the pot liner obsession.

I get distracted by the top of the blue chest in the background of her videos - the mounting stack of precariously perched face palettes. Back in 2019, when she filmed her last collection video, those massive drawers were stuffed to capacity; there was shit piled on the floors, hung on the walls, etc. She has bought 20 years' worth of stuff since then, and I don't think she declutters/resells.

I decided Jan. 1 I'd record every penny spent this year on makeup, skin care and body care, fragrance, nails, hair, etc. I knew it'd be a lot, but I kinda can't believe the total. As of right now, I've dropped $6,025 on beauty in 2021. And guys, I buy one-tenth - probably even less - of the stuff Tara does.

My point is, I'm ridiculous. And Tara is on a whole other level.

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

Muriel Bananafish wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:47 am
I see her new thing is ostentatious compacts from weird Chinese brands. At least we seem to have moved on from the pot liner obsession.

I get distracted by the top of the blue chest in the background of her videos - the mounting stack of precariously perched face palettes. Back in 2019, when she filmed her last collection video, those massive drawers were stuffed to capacity; there was shit piled on the floors, hung on the walls, etc. She has bought 20 years' worth of stuff since then, and I don't think she declutters/resells.

I decided Jan. 1 I'd record every penny spent this year on makeup, skin care and body care, fragrance, nails, hair, etc. I knew it'd be a lot, but I kinda can't believe the total. As of right now, I've dropped $6,025 on beauty in 2021. And guys, I buy one-tenth - probably even less - of the stuff Tara does.

My point is, I'm ridiculous. And Tara is on a whole other level.
Does that include hair salon visits too? That is a large amount.

I like how sephora keeps track of how much you spend on your beaut insider membership info, I am almost at rouge again this year. I also keep a notepad list of all the makeup that I buy, but I also return a lot if I find that I am buying just to buy/hoard/impulse buy.

WhiteWhaleWoman
Talker
Talker

ChittahChattah wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:55 pm
I feel like over the years of watching her, it's gotten worse and worse. Her skin is so nice, I don't understand the need to cake on foundation like that. I rarely use foundation because I hate the feel of it and I have pretty decent skin so I don't bother most of the time. Her skin is flawless, yet she piles on acne skincare like her life depends on it lol.

Also wtf is the makeup look in her latest video? Good grief!!!
Same!!! If I had her skin I would hardly ever wear foundation. I have some acne scarring and discoloration so I look significantly better with foundation and even I don’t cake it like that bc it looks bad regardless. Thick ass, mask like foundation is unflattering on everyone

ChittahChattah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChittahChattah »

If I had the patience I would totally sit here and add up all her purchases for the year. I think we would all be flabbergasted by how much it is LOL

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I would love to know how much Tara spends in a year on beauty, too. It doesn’t matter how much money she spends though, I don’t care for how she looks in her makeup. I feel she needs to lighten up her look. It’s too heavy and makes her look older than she is.
She has really nice skin. Why hide it?

iamthelaw
Learner
Learner

Post by iamthelaw »

I’m doing a really really rough estimate here with easy math. let’s say she averages 500 to 1000 a week. 500 a week x 52 weeks in a year that’s $26,000. 1000 x 52 = $52,000. So my guess is 26 to 52k a year lol I know that’s a large gap but let’s be real, it can’t be less
That 25k.

Edited: *can’t be less than $26k I mean

ChittahChattah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChittahChattah »

I'd say that's a pretty good estimate - I don't see how it could be less than 26k a year with the way she hauls things. And every time she likes something it's "I need to get a few backups of these."

WhiteWhaleWoman
Talker
Talker

So someone commented on one of her vids (maybe a month or few ago) forgot to mention it here, asking her if she ever feels pressured to haul so much makeup for her channel every week. I had to LOL like you must be new here. Tara only buying a shit ton of makeup to keep up with her Saturday hauls to please her viewers ?? LMAO she’s the furthest thing from a people pleaser, she would buy that much regardless if she was recording or not.

ChittahChattah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChittahChattah »

Oh for sure - she used to upload a lot more often and do more than just her Saturday Haul videos and even then it was just as bad. It was constant orders and packages coming in no matter what day of the week it was lol

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

I always peep the background of her Saturday hauls. Shit is out of control - just piles and piles and boxes and stacks EVERYWHERE. Physical space has finite dimensions, Tara! Like, she bought that Revolution Cocoa Pebbles shit. She bought the bh and Iggy shit. There's no way she uses these things more than once or twice each, right?

Like, two months from now, with $4,000 worth of even newer shit in that room, including all the Chanel/Dior/Gucci/Tom Ford/Charlotte Tilbury, she's not gonna be like, "Time to revisit the Morphe x Sour Patch Kids palette!"

I get the occasional nostalgia purchase, I do. But Tara claims nostalgia for EVERY property that spawns a makeup collab.

iamthelaw
Learner
Learner

Post by iamthelaw »

Muriel Bananafish wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:16 pm
"Time to revisit the Morphe x Sour Patch Kids palette!"

I laughed out loud when I read this but at the same time is resonates with me because it took me a while to learn for myself that I will never, ever “revisit” products that were novelty but not the best quality or shades for me. It’s what got me to tell myself “no” whenever the temptation hit.
I get Tara has a totally different lifestyle to mine and she has a Ytube chanel so I get it, but sometimes I can’t shake the anxiety I get from watching her. I’m learning to just separate myself from it and try to enjoy her chanel for what it is at this point.

nattydread

Post by nattydread »

So this popped up on my recommendations and at least she admitted to be a makeup addict. She had a personality back then too.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Better to be a makeup addict I guess. I used to enjoy that Tara from back in the day and I miss that personality. Seeing that was
like a breath of fresh air. Her facial features were so much prettier to me then.

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

I miss that Tara, too. She had a face and lips that moved normally, and more varied content. She posted something other than the same exact thumbnail week after week after week. The "Groundhog Day" feel of her YouTube homepage is hysterical. ... I wonder what would happen if she turned her head slightly *the other way*?! (Gasp!)

Return to “P-T”