Tarababyz (Part 2)

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

Re: Tarababyz (Part 2)

Post by Muriel Bananafish »

Parasaurolophus, I know! She applies some HARSH products to her face every day, many of them twice a day. And I can say they're harsh because I use a few of them myself. I don't even have sensitive skin, but they can do a number on my face. I'll get eczema-like rashes, redness or irritation - none of which is helped by the constant mask-wearing. If I used the stuff regularly, I'd have a mess on my hands.

And "acne-prone"? Acne where? Acne who? Tara's skin is as smooth and clear as porcelain. I don't doubt some of that is down to her extensive (and expensive) beauty regimen, but it's also genetics - and let's not pretend she doesn't also see derms and estheticians. We know from her lips that she's no stranger to their offices.

Strong or not, the sheer number of things she applies as part of her routine would be aggravating for most skin types. Two cleansers, a daily (!) physical exfoliant, two or three toners, acne medication, multiple serums, three eye treatments, two or more moisturizers, facial sprays. And of course, for daytime, about six layers of SPF, spanning from her diaphragm to her hairline. If she had "sensitive" skin frfr, her face would be a scaly, bumpy open wound.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

I have noted this.

If I used just ONE of those harsh things she uses I would get hives.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

WhiteWhaleWoman
Talker
Talker

Post by WhiteWhaleWoman »

I love how others get just as angry as I do over her claim of having acne prone skin. I legitimately get heated every time she mentions it. She is straight Delusional. The only slight possibility I can think of is if she uses a serious filter on her videos and photoshops her skin in pictures bc in all the years I’ve watched her, I’ve never seen a pimple on her face. I’ve never seen someone with skin that perfect claim to have “acne prone” skin.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

^^^ It's like Thataylaa and her obsession with having dry skin when it was basically still oily
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

It seems dear Tara has fully discovered indie brands. That means Saturday haulin' is now an almost hour-long affair. She has purchased dozens of pots of eyeliner these past few weeks, plus some giant liner palettes, along with 10 kinds of mixers and sealers, none of which has worked out for her. A new obsession within an obsession. And her eye looks are getting wild - electric blue on top, lime green on the bottom. I think I did that when I was 13.

Oh, and look: More House of Garish.

Parasaurolophus
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Parasaurolophus »

WhiteWhaleWoman wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:52 pm
I love how others get just as angry as I do over her claim of having acne prone skin. I legitimately get heated every time she mentions it. She is straight Delusional. The only slight possibility I can think of is if she uses a serious filter on her videos and photoshops her skin in pictures bc in all the years I’ve watched her, I’ve never seen a pimple on her face. I’ve never seen someone with skin that perfect claim to have “acne prone” skin.
I believe she does use filters in addition to very bright lights to blur any imperfection. She has good skin, but not perfect, doll-like. I remember a video in which she turned her head (she usually stay VERY still to help the filter) and the filter slipped for a second. She had texture and pores. She then came back to her usual Tara angle and her skin disappeared to be replaced by the smooth porcelain canvas we usually see.

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

Parasaurolophus, that would explain why her skin (minus the harsh, muddy contour) not only looks flawless but also ... fresh. Stupid me has never considered that she uses filters - so I've always been amazed that her face isn't cakey or parched af. I mean, she's usually buried eight-layers deep in various potions and powders. I've actually studied her base application over the years to try and figure it out, because I have dry skin (like she claims to have), and I can't wear *any* setting or finishing powders, or I look like I'm 109 years old and haven't seen hydration since I was in the womb. I can slap on moisturizer, followed by the most luminous foundation ever made, and look desiccated an hour later.

(Tara also loves her "de-greaser" powders, now that I think about it. I have never, not even as a teen, had to powder down an oily shine. I WISH I had that issue sometimes. So maybe Tara's dryness is as real as her lifelong acne struggles and her "highly sensitive, very reactive skin type.")

panda_protector
Lurker
Lurker

Post by panda_protector »

Her naked lower lid/lashline drives me crazy. You can't do heavy-ass eye makeup and ignore the lower lashline. If you're doing some weird avant garde look to make a statement, then sure. But if heavy/dramatic/glam is your everyday thing then leaving your lower lashline 100% bare = your makeup is unfinished. It just is. Either do less on top, or add something to the bottom to balance out the top! Like wtf.

Does she have sensory issues? Like, she can't stand touching her lower lashline or something? Has she ever explained why she won't put eyeshadow or liner there?

Joni_M
Informer
Informer

Post by Joni_M »

WhiteWhaleWoman wrote:
She also doesn't have hooded eyes. Not one bit. It's the excessive, blacktop road levels of liner she uses on the lids that makes them disappear. Let's be real here. Tara knows a lot about BUYING makeup, not applying it.

WhiteWhaleWoman
Talker
Talker

Post by WhiteWhaleWoman »

Parasaurolophus wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:30 am
WhiteWhaleWoman wrote:
I believe she does use filters in addition to very bright lights to blur any imperfection. She has good skin, but not perfect, doll-like. I remember a video in which she turned her head (she usually stay VERY still to help the filter) and the filter slipped for a second. She had texture and pores. She then came back to her usual Tara angle and her skin disappeared to be replaced by the smooth porcelain canvas we usually see.
Ok so she does use filters!! Thanks for replying.

Joni_M
Informer
Informer

Post by Joni_M »

WhiteWhaleWoman wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:13 pm
Parasaurolophus wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:30 am
WhiteWhaleWoman wrote:
Ok so she does use filters!! Thanks for replying.
OMG, yes! Tara filters the fuck out of her face on youtube and Instagram. She appears to have nice skin, but I can't say for sure because she never lets us see the real her. It's one of the the things I hate most about influencers. Show us how well the makeup works by showing us your true skin in high def with no special filters or flattering lighting, you numpties.

Mortichia
Informer
Informer

Post by Mortichia »

panda_protector wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:03 pm
Her naked lower lid/lashline drives me crazy. You can't do heavy-ass eye makeup and ignore the lower lashline. If you're doing some weird avant garde look to make a statement, then sure. But if heavy/dramatic/glam is your everyday thing then leaving your lower lashline 100% bare = your makeup is unfinished. It just is. Either do less on top, or add something to the bottom to balance out the top! Like wtf.

Does she have sensory issues? Like, she can't stand touching her lower lashline or something? Has she ever explained why she won't put eyeshadow or liner there?
I think she said once that lining lower lashline doesn't work for her, she thinks she looks older or something 🙄 for me it looks so odd, makes her eyes tiny.

ijustcantbebothered2
Learner
Learner

Post by ijustcantbebothered2 »

Muriel Bananafish wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:13 am
Parasaurolophus, I know! She applies some HARSH products to her face every day, many of them twice a day. And I can say they're harsh because I use a few of them myself. I don't even have sensitive skin, but they can do a number on my face. I'll get eczema-like rashes, redness or irritation - none of which is helped by the constant mask-wearing. If I used the stuff regularly, I'd have a mess on my hands.

And "acne-prone"? Acne where? Acne who? Tara's skin is as smooth and clear as porcelain. I don't doubt some of that is down to her extensive (and expensive) beauty regimen, but it's also genetics - and let's not pretend she doesn't also see derms and estheticians. We know from her lips that she's no stranger to their offices.

Strong or not, the sheer number of things she applies as part of her routine would be aggravating for most skin types. Two cleansers, a daily (!) physical exfoliant, two or three toners, acne medication, multiple serums, three eye treatments, two or more moisturizers, facial sprays. And of course, for daytime, about six layers of SPF, spanning from her diaphragm to her hairline. If she had "sensitive" skin frfr, her face would be a scaly, bumpy open wound.
Her lips (and that f*cking eyeliner :barf: ) are the absolute worst!

Parasaurolophus
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Parasaurolophus »

Yikes! :? I can promise you that the employees at all the places she shops at make fun of her the second she leaves the store
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I saw this picture on her social media. Does she think this looks good? Seriously? Her eyebrows always look frozen in surprise.

I watched her Houston haul video. All the makeup at her disposal and she made a video with her eyeshadow looking like she did?
I am sorry but IMO it looked bad. It was too heavy in color and wasn’t blended. I appreciate that Tara buys most of her products
but she’s had years to get better at makeup application. No matter what Brenda spends, she isn’t aging well.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Parasaurolophus wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:23 am
Yikes! :? I can promise you that the employees at all the places she shops at make fun of her the second she leaves the store Capture.JPG
Thanks for posting this on this thread. :tosskiss:

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Ugh it annoys me so much how she wrecks her own face with inflatainjections/hideous makeup. She is a great looking woman- WAS a great looking woman :(

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

When she first started her channel she was very nice looking. I used to always watch her hauls and her ranch life vlogs. I stopped watching for a long time and stopped back in this thread last year and she has messed up her face with injectables or something. It is shame.

Pfffft
Talker
Talker

Post by Pfffft »

I always liked her and feel she is one of the very few who are honest in their opinions on products. She seems nice so I feel bad to come here to say what I see everyone is saying here lol. I don’t get how she can do her makeup the SAME damn way every time and it’s awful. And her hair that’s like silver and stringy. Every time. Why doesn’t she listen to anyone telling her that? The thick liner on top and no liner on bottom make her look Asian and like from another planet. Told my cousin to watch her reviews because you’ve never seen so much makeup and she said she couldn’t because she looked like an alien lol. And now the fillers and duck lips. Spends a fortune on makeup and doesn’t know how to wear it.

I think the family receives a stipend for being Native A in addition to their businesses which is why she has so much money to spend on makeup. Plus, they live all the way out in boonies so not much to spend it on otherwise plus she lives at home apparently. Doubt she has any expenses of any consequence. Not sure why she’s not married or had kids. I hope she rescues any future pets rather than buying them.

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

Pfffft, I like Tara too - like, a lot. I think she's one of the most genuine people on YouTube. She has never said a bad word about anyone, she is unfailingly upbeat, and I don't get a "flaunty" vibe from her AT ALL, even though she is clearly well off. I just find her really likable.

Mostly, I'm fascinated by her consumption, simply because it wouldn't work for me personally. I would have started feeling super uncomfortable by the size and growth rate of that collection, and by that OTT shopping habit, oh, ... about 8 years ago, lol. And at first, I was blinded by how much I like her and couldn't really see how strange and formulaic her makeup application is. How little it does to emphasize her natural beauty. Since being here on gg, it's impossible NOT to notice. And the lips - even a visually impaired person could see the progression there. They're not Paytas-bad, of course. But they're too much for her face - and they're so plump they don't seem to move in a normal way. Her forehead and cheeks are filled, too, I think - the overall effect is a wax mannequin look.

I would pay money to see her with a makeover (-under). Shoulder-length hair all one tone, way less base, a softer, smokier, more balanced eye. Stop with the "procedures." She would look 22. (And we've talked here recently about filters on her videos. Her candid photos make it clear there is a lot of careful lighting, posing and digital enhancement happening on YouTube. Because in in-person pictures, her eyes look beady and too "lifted," and her lips are developing that upper shelf of filler. The cheeks are practically up by her eyebrows. And again, I have to believe with all the powders she uses that her complexion looks quite cakey IRL.)

Return to “P-T”