Tarababyz (Part 2)

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tarababyz (Part 2)

Post by LiddlePallid »

Continue here!

She really does buy stuff just for the sake of buying it, huh? She got those Harry Potter magic wand brushes, and she was like "I guess these are supposed to be the wands from Harry Potter or something" like, what? The tops of the brushes themselves look cheaply made and like nothing special, and she clearly isn't a fan of Harry Potter, so I don't understand her need for them other than the fact that everyone else wanted them so she had to pick them up.

BebeSwan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Tarababyz (Part 2)

Post by BebeSwan »

Lol wow her IG; thousands of dollars in Holiday makeup/brushes. She must get a rush/high from each purchase

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

i get so overwhelmed looking at that palette collection. I always think I have too much makeup until I see her shit, then I feel better about it lmao

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by GoldChocobo »

All those brushes and she still can't blend her eye makeup for shit.
I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

lillemy01
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by lillemy01 »

Yeay finally new tread about time

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

I think she just enjoys getting packages and having stuff for the heck of having stuff. I find I do that sometimes too, I stalk the sephora new arrivals page and often place a few orders a month, then I look at the piles of makeup that I have and feel guilty and return the stuff, then do it over again.

I think having a channel like she has it makes her buying problem much worse (granted she can afford the stuff, but when is enough enough?).

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

I definitely agree - people are always asking her "did you get this yet? Can you review this?" That's just adding to her problem lmao

DoneAndOne
Learner
Learner

Post by DoneAndOne »

Does it bug anybody else that she's constantly bringing up her pale skin? She is light skinned, sure, obviously, but she really isn't that pale. She also acts like it's impossible to find a highlighter for her when there are a million white, pearl and pale pink highlighters out there.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

It bugs me that she's always talking about how she needs pale/white highlighters yet continues to buy highlighter palettes and stuff with darker ones in them. She really does buy just for the sake of buying. How do you make so much money that you just throw it away like that? lol

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

I don't understand how she can have backup products at all. I mean, she buys so much stuff why can't she just find a new favorite? Isn't it just meaningless when she hauls so much crap?
I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

I enjoy her, I can't tell you the number of times that she has turned me away from buying something because of how awful it swatched or looked on her. That is the opposite of what most youtubers do cause they are just pushing products left and right.

northern native
Informer
Informer

Post by northern native »

Let me preface this by saying, I really like Tara, I pretty much always watch her videos when I see them uploaded. She really does not care about views/ money/ receiving PR from companies and that is so rare in the beauty community today, but oh my gosh does she have a problem. The weirdest thing about it is that she hits pan and finishes multiples of things constantly? I wear makeup fairly regularly and I've only hit pan on one product in my entire life of wearing makeup (admittedly it's only been like 5 years.) Doesn't she live with her mom or some other family members? How does she explain away having a full room full of makeup? Maybe it's the type A clean freak in me, but she belongs on hoarders, no one can possibly use that much stuff, yet she can make 20 minute empties videos, it's absolutely baffling.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Part of me wonders if she is slamming her brush into these things to "use up" more so that she doesn't look as crazy. I don't know how she can go through multiples of the same highlighter and need backups. If she's actually using it THAT much, then why bother buying so many others? The world may never understand her way of thinking :rofl:

WatchandWonder
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WatchandWonder »

I was shocked when I saw her hoarding drawer, though I believe she has a lot more, including brushes, that she isn't showing us. She just has way too much makeup and is completely wasteful. Think of how much she spends and how that could go into a beautiful home, yard with actual trees, better stables and riding arenas for their horses and charity causes. Just because you don't dip into it, doesn't mean it won't expire. Expiration dates are about the ingredients and when they start to fall apart. The products break down, don't hold together as well, SPF quality fades to nothing, chemicals and various ingredients start to decompose within the product and it doesn't work properly so really should not be used, not on your face, your skin, your eyes, etc. It is like having food in the fridge. The fridge may keep things for a while, but then they go bad. Would you open a can of something 5-10 years down the road and eat it? Gross. Needing to hoard highlighters and powders and eyelashes is just pure emotional hoarding problems. Something a lot of YTubers have, but she has in excess because she can afford to feed it constantly.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

I think she puts way too much eyeshadow on and ruins her eyes/look with that thick, heavy eyeliner. She is very experimental with colour though, you have to give her that - she doesn't stick to the neutral look with a mid brown transition shade. She's also very heavy handed with the foundation and it always looks cakey around her cheekbones and the middle of her forehead.

No diagnosis but, her work is hard and she's in the dirt all day (doesn't she own a haulage business as well as the ranch?) .... and I think she just loves make up to feel more glamorous - I don't blame her. She admits she collects a lot of limited edition stuff that she barely uses and sometimes these can be a good investment for the future - not for the product inside but, for the limited edition cases. Here in the UK, vintage makeup compacts and palettes sell for a lot of money - Lisa Eldridge collects vintage, limited edition make up from the turn of the last century onwards.

I like Tara .... not for her tutorials but, for her honest reviews...she's saved me a lot of money in the past and the stuff I have bought on her recommendations have worked for me. She's got to be one of the only gurus who doesn't shove Morphe down our throats LMAO ! x
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

luckycharms
Talker
Talker

Post by luckycharms »

I don't understand why she makes her neck darker than her face- shouldn't your face match your neck? I think she also looks better and about 10 years younger with no makeup, but then she wouldn't be on YT. I'm torn because I like her swatches and reviews- saved me from buying some products, but dang! Girl has too much makeup. If she was a makeup artist on the side, I would understand it. But she seems to work hard for the money (trucking business, I believe), so that's up to her. Some places send her products too now. Does she get fillers? In some pics her cheeks look more inflated than others, but it could be the angles/filters on IG.

lucifer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lucifer »

I agree that her neck shouldn't be darker than her face. Her whole face is a weird mishmash of colors. Why the hell does she highlight the top of her nose/in between her eyebrows? You don't need to be putting highlight or contour there, it doesn't make sense and it looks super weird. Her blush is too low down and far out to the side of her face and the highlight under her eyes is way too light for her skin. She only looks normal from the end of her nose down.

And why does she think she's super pale when she's just a regular white person color? She acts like finding highlighters for fair skin tones is so hard, I don't understand.

Parasaurolophus
Talker
Talker

Post by Parasaurolophus »

I don't understand how she can go through so many tubes of the Dr Jart BB cream. I have the same tube; I use one pump for my entire face, 4-5 days a week. My tube is running low but I've been using it for 6 months. In her empties, she showed several tubes of it. What does she do? Use 4-5 pumps? Twice a day? Use it as a body cream?

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

I'm starting to wonder if she uses this shit all over her arms and chest, too. How in God's name can anyone go through stuff when you have the amount of things that she has? And she doesn't even do makeup for a living! I could see maybe, MAYBE if she was an actual makeup artist working on other people. But even then she still has way more stuff than I've seen professionals have lmao

Parasaurolophus
Talker
Talker

Post by Parasaurolophus »

She must be doing makeup on the horses! :rofl:

Return to “P-T”