Chris Ballinger / The Ballinger Family

Emily007
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chris Ballinger / The Ballinger Family

Post by Emily007 »

Can someone tell me how are they famous? Besides having a lot od kids and being related to Colleen?

FleekCucumber
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FleekCucumber »

Here’s Jessica inserting herself into Colleens special day. She just cannot stand when someone else is getting baby attention. She just has to bring up her kid or her life. She can’t just be happy for someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melonrm
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by melonrm »

witchykitty wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:25 pm
I think Jessica is way more dominant actually. I won't say Chris is necessarily gay, but he acts very feminine or submissive in their relationship. I also think Bailey has autism, not sure if she is actually diagnosed, but she does show a lot of symptoms. So, I don't really think they would force anything like that on her--she seems very directed on her own of what she wants and follows her own path, this is in juxtaposition with her not having strong self awareness.Which of course I could be wrong, but I say it from being in psychology.

My point in saying this though is just to redirect the attention and belief that Jessica and Chris would control their daughter so heavily, I strongly believe she is being herself through and through. While she is innocent, I think it is more likely because of autism than being sheltered.

Although, she does give off a very sheltered impression, so I can see why you guys say that. If you look at Jake, for example, though he doesn't have that impression at all. Maybe their family is sexist and that's why, but again, I think Jessica is the more dominant one. They also have unique role models in their life that could show them different ways of life if they are sheltered and hopefully open their minds.
I have thought this for some time now - that Baily is autistic. I have speculated for a while that their whole family is a combination of adhd/autistic. Colleen shows signs and has talked so much about her sensory issues and hatred for eye contact. The disdain for eye contact typically isn't an ADHD thing.
Flynn seems to be on the spectrum as well - with his special interest in trucks, fascination with lights, in this vlog you can see he was organizing/lining up his cars at 2:45.

There are other videos that show autistic behaviors, he gets VERY overstimulated and you can especially see this when all of Chris and Jessica's kids are over. He walks on his toes often.

I was diagnosed late at 26 with autism and I can relate to some of the things Colleen goes through/her thought processes and in my eyes, her & Chris seem autistic & mask a lot of their traits.
I have dermatilomania like her, it was found it was actually a result of sensory overwhelm from my autism. When I adjusted my exposure to what overwhelmed me, the skin picking stopped.
Quite honestly, I have always felt she lets out more of her unmasked autistic self through Miranda. Miranda as a character herself has autistic traits.
From my experience, undiagnosed autism combined with ADHD can look like the person is functional, but issues may manifest in severe depression and anxiety. But those depressive/irritable/anxiety bouts are actually misidentified burnout/overwhelm.

just my thoughts though. i could be wrong

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Idk how sorting cars into colors or lining them up is specific to autism. I haven’t watched Colleen in years and so i really Haven’t seen much of how Flynn acts. But I have worked with kids on the spectrum from mild to severe Autism and also just have worked with kids in general for over a decade. I currently Nanny two different families. 2 kids age 3 and a 7 yr old. But i have worked with kids of all ages.

Sorting toys into color groups is not specific to anything. My guess is it’s just color recognition. He’s what? 2? That’s pretty normal for that age. He’s learning to associate color groups. Orange cars go in the orange group. Red in red and so on. One of the 3 year olds i watch Is very much into sorting. He has an obsession with trains. And so he will sort his 9 billion train collection into colors. The sole obsession on trains seems more of a flag towards autism than the sorting. He only plays with trains/train tracks/ builds trains out of legos. Everything in his play time is centered around trains and when you try to play anything else he gets bored and goes back to trains. Even when we do arts and crafts/go outside to do chalk, he is drawing train tracks. I bought play doh to change it up and he made train tracks. So to me, i think the hyper fixation is more of a sign towards autism than his interest in sorting them by colors.

I do notice the other 3 yr old i watch. She walks on her toes a lot. She doesn’t show any other signs of autism. But i jbiw It’s a spectrum. But as far as other tale signs like sensory overloads, texture issues, or general learning abilities, she doesn’t express any other signs of autism.

So i am Saying all of this to just say, Flynn is a baby still. He’s 2-3 and that usually in severe cases you can tell especially with developmental delays like speech, walking, responding to their name or learning at the rate of a NT child that age. It’s possible he could be mildly autistic. But i don’t think color sorting or toe walking is going to be the tell tale signs. Also idk if autism is hereditary. If Colleen DOES have it, could he have gotten it from her? Autism was a fairly new interest of mine before the pandemic. So i didn’t get a lot of time to explore it. Nor have i seen Enough footage of Flynn to be able to say that he shows other signs that are more obvious.

Return to “Ballinger Family”