Jess and Gabriel

dearactually
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Jess and Gabriel

Post by dearactually »

Anyone else watch/have thoughts on Jessica Bauer and Gabriel Conte?

eb101
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jess and Gabriel

Post by eb101 »

I watch allll of their vlogs- Jess lives in the same suburb as me, so I think I watch more out of curiosity rather than because I like them. Your thoughts???

Good_Bake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Good_Bake »

They act like they're a lot more popular/ famous than they are!

sharktea
Talker
Talker

Post by sharktea »

oh my god I have many thoughts

- i know they said they don't care but legit who gets married after 7 months of dating. Jess is literally uprooting her whole life and moving to the US in the next few months
- Gabe has an acting career (sorta) but their main source of income is obviously their youtube channels and if their vlogs keep on going as repetitively as they are (seriously we get it you like saying "lit fam" and dabbing you don't have to do it every 30 seconds) then it's not going to be sustainable at all, and they are so staged like who makes a whole vlog out of building a blanket fort ugh
- that "serious talk" they had with the viewers was so condescending and parental I just felt so weird watching it like you're literally talking about how you stage situations for the sake of a vlog and you purposefully annoy each other for video content. You aren't our parents, we just watch your vlogs, you can't chastise us like we're children if someone doesn't like a certain part of your vlog ugh

dearactually
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dearactually »

I saw the comment Jess was talking about in the talk. The one where a viewer said she should hold off on marriage because Gabe is too immature. LOLZ. Jess is the one that is immature, she is so young and has not grown up yet. She is super immature and insecure and Gabe is in for lots of meltdowns when she doesn't get her way, and they're going to be amplified because she's away from everyone and everything she knows. She seems like a nice girl, but she has a lot of growing up to do.

I don't doubt they love each other but the reason marriage is getting sped up so quickly is so they can bang without guilt.

Speaking of the wedding, anyone know when it is? I saw their invitations went out but they seem to be keeping the date (or even approximate timeframe) very quiet.

pinkfairies2007
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by pinkfairies2007 »

Their relationship is cute and I love how their relationship with God strengthens their bond but I feel like they're just in their honeymoon phase and once they start to live with each other, the phase will wear off.

This marriage is basically just an excuse to end the ldr. I don't see why jess can't just move to the US first before getting engaged/married.

dominoginger77
Debater
Debater

Go

Post by dominoginger77 »

These two are so naive. Im the same age as them and they're both so immature, especially Gabe, he is definitely not ready for marriage and its pretty clear that they're only getting married (like someone said above) to have sex. I think its so stupid to not at least live with your significant other before you get married, I believe personally that living together is one of the hardest aspects of being in a relationship, it's not easy and it definitely makes or breaks you. Especially will Jess moving her whole life to the US, somebody who still lives with their parents, probably not the best idea.

Im not slashing anybodies religion or anything like that, but personally I think its ridiculous to not have sex before marriage, I don't understand it. Although sex isn't everything in a relationship by not having it and rushing into a whirlwind romance in 7 months to get married so you can not be "sinning" in "God's" eyes is a bit ridiculous, but I suppose each to their own.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

dominoginger77 wrote:These two are so naive. Im the same age as them and they're both so immature, especially Gabe, he is definitely not ready for marriage and its pretty clear that they're only getting married (like someone said above) to have sex. I think its so stupid to not at least live with your significant other before you get married, I believe personally that living together is one of the hardest aspects of being in a relationship, it's not easy and it definitely makes or breaks you. Especially will Jess moving her whole life to the US, somebody who still lives with their parents, probably not the best idea.

Im not slashing anybodies religion or anything like that, but personally I think its ridiculous to not have sex before marriage, I don't understand it. Although sex isn't everything in a relationship by not having it and rushing into a whirlwind romance in 7 months to get married so you can not be "sinning" in "God's" eyes is a bit ridiculous, but I suppose each to their own.
Sex? I don't watch them at all, but my first conclusion of a rushed relationship into marriage from people who live in different countries is so that he can file for her to live in America lol

dominoginger77
Debater
Debater

Post by dominoginger77 »

BONTBFW wrote:
dominoginger77 wrote:These two are so naive. Im the same age as them and they're both so immature, especially Gabe, he is definitely not ready for marriage and its pretty clear that they're only getting married (like someone said above) to have sex. I think its so stupid to not at least live with your significant other before you get married, I believe personally that living together is one of the hardest aspects of being in a relationship, it's not easy and it definitely makes or breaks you. Especially will Jess moving her whole life to the US, somebody who still lives with their parents, probably not the best idea.

Sex? I don't watch them at all, but my first conclusion of a rushed relationship into marriage from people who live in different countries is so that he can file for her to live in America lol

More so sex because I know a few people who are involved within the same church as them and they all do get married because they can't have sex and it is seen as ungodly I suppose. But probably an element is so they can live in America as well!

Good_Bake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Good_Bake »

dominoginger77 wrote:
BONTBFW wrote:

More so sex because I know a few people who are involved within the same church as them and they all do get married because they can't have sex and it is seen as ungodly I suppose. But probably an element is so they can live in America as well!

yeah it's very common for young christians to marry in their early 20s because they're so sexually frustrated and need marriage to be able to actually get down to it! Which I guess is fine but they are really leaping into it. Most of the people I know at least date for a year before getting engaged. They must be desperate for it.

they also must be spending a LOT on flights. I get the impression they both have wealthy backgrounds as it seems the wedding will be quite extravagant!

megdiane12
Learner
Learner

Post by megdiane12 »

I'm not subscribed to them and have only watched a handful of their videos, but they're not all that interesting to me.
That being said, I do think it's strange that they got engaged so quickly, but I tend to be skeptical of people who get engaged very quickly anyway...
From what I've seen, I agree with an above poster that they think/act like they are more important than they actually are. They act like they're all that, but it doesn't seem like they are.
Overall, I find them to be very dull and uninteresting.

lurking10
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lurking10 »

I just can't believe they got engaged after 7 months it looked so staged and #goals.

They both seem very immature and have a lot of growing up to do! I was wondering about the wedding date too but they are keeping it quiet, I did see one vlog about the timing of it as in trying to get everyone's holiday schedules in line or something

lurking10
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lurking10 »

I just can't believe they got engaged after 7 months it looked so staged and #goals.

They both seem very immature and have a lot of growing up to do! I was wondering about the wedding date too but they are keeping it quiet, I did see one vlog about the timing of it as in trying to get everyone's holiday schedules in line or something

dearactually
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dearactually »

are these two ever alone?

sharktea
Talker
Talker

Post by sharktea »

I think their wedding is fairly soon, Gabe's siblings have flown in, he's also flown in a groomsman, and both Jess and her mum have gotten their hair dyed or something

dominoginger77
Debater
Debater

Post by dominoginger77 »

sharktea wrote:I think their wedding is fairly soon, Gabe's siblings have flown in, he's also flown in a groomsman, and both Jess and her mum have gotten their hair dyed or something

Yeah they're definitely getting married. Cannot believe how quickly theyve rushed into it

Good_Bake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Good_Bake »

they made a vid saying they're not going to be vlogging for a few weeks so perhaps yeah. They were being so vague about "busyness" it made me suspicious!

I think it's weird that they're so quickly going from long distance to marriage, a 3 month engagement isn't enough to be ready for this. Living together after being long distance will be so intense! Especially as they've never even lived in the same country let alone the same town.

lurking10
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lurking10 »

Ahahha Jess q and a is so fricking cringey. She thinks they are more famous than they are by being secretive about the wedding date.

Then saying about giving up uni to have a career in YouTube. Haha when we will these people learn it's not a CAREEERRRRR she needs school anyway because it's not purshoe its pursue and not which date the wedding was its what date the wedding is.

Plus 5 years ago Gabe wasn't a kid maybe if you had been together 5 years you could say that but you have been together 5 minutes so shush up

dearactually
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dearactually »

very quiet on social media today. bet they got married this weekend.

they're a very aesthetically pleasing couple, so can't wait to see what they look like.

sharktea
Talker
Talker

Post by sharktea »

lurking10 wrote:Ahahha Jess q and a is so fricking cringey. She thinks they are more famous than they are by being secretive about the wedding date.

Then saying about giving up uni to have a career in YouTube. Haha when we will these people learn it's not a CAREEERRRRR she needs school anyway because it's not purshoe its pursue and not which date the wedding was its what date the wedding is.

Plus 5 years ago Gabe wasn't a kid maybe if you had been together 5 years you could say that but you have been together 5 minutes so shush up
Australian here, it's fairly common to say pursue as "pur-shoo", in the same way we say youtube as you-choob haha

but yeah I think it was this weekend. Guess we'll find out soon enough

Return to “Jess and Gabriel”