telephone
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by telephone »

tsadia wrote:I cringed so hard when she pronounced Degas as "day-gus" lol
Cosigned. Genuinely shocked, considering her self-described love and support of the arts!

NeverEnoughLipsticks
Learner
Learner

Post by NeverEnoughLipsticks »

I'm sure making videos isn't always a piece of cake and what not but her response to a subscriber saying "I worked very hard on this video" left me scratching my head.....she literally just copied the painting's outfit.....?? I didn't finish the video but one of the outfits was literally just a red robe with a scarf-like thing around her neck...

goodgollymissmolly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by goodgollymissmolly »

I was actually kind of excited when I saw the title, butended up skipping through most of the video. It would've been far more interesting if she came up with wearable outfits or something really out there instead of boring costumes she'll probably never touch again. Like most of her content these days, it came across very half-assed.

baconandeggs
Informer
Informer

Post by baconandeggs »

jenn googles a lot of stuff but can't google how to pronounce some french names.

she used french numbers for her color pop collab and pronounced deux as 'dew' when it's 'deuh'.
not surprised that she mispronounced edgar degas

asap_celine
Informer
Informer

Post by asap_celine »

^ don't forget when she pronounced "un" as "oon" or "on". I rolled my eyes so hard :roll:

Glad I didn't watch her video (wasn't going to anyways because I hate her outfits/styling)

assthetic
Debater
Debater

Post by assthetic »

oh damn i was happy to see she was breaking out of her repetitive routine when i saw the art-inspired videos but was disappointed with the ending result. as someone who has studied art history, that was a pain to watch. her outfits werent wearable and she completely missed out on the themes and symbolic meanings in the paintings. it was a poor and sad attempt on being creative.

assthetic
Debater
Debater

Post by assthetic »

also it was totally bizarre seeing CAPS being in the title and it felt like she was screaming at me for doing something cREaTIVE!!!! and UNIqUe!!!

assthetic
Debater
Debater

Post by assthetic »

ALSO i'm sick of her doe-eyed slightly-open mouth expressions.. she looks lost lmao

toadette
Talker
Talker

Post by toadette »

apeach wrote:also, someone commented that this was the best video from jenn and she replied "thank you so much for this comment. i don't know why i'm tearing up while reading this. these days i've just been wanting to try and push myself to make content that i truly want to create regardless of the criticism. some days it's hard to shift through the comments and have people pick you apart..." :?
I feel bad about the fact that Jenn obviously can't take anything that's not 100% positive too well (some personalities are like that) while being on the internet but surely she knows that no one is 'picking her apart'??? Like her comment section is 10000x nicer than most other youtubers'.

hanaemii
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by hanaemii »

apeach wrote:i think it's okay if she doesn't know how to pronounce french since she's not french, but at least state that she's sorry if it's wrong and she's unsure of the pronunciation. rather than misleading others that it's the correct pronunciation. :roll: i haven't watched the video but i saw a couple of screenshots of the outfits and she looks like a joke.
for basic every day french words, sure, but for famous artists...... that you picked yourself? come on it's just lazy to not do your research.
BANNED

:hugs:

ReiRei
Informer
Informer

Post by ReiRei »

toadette wrote:
apeach wrote:also, someone commented that this was the best video from jenn and she replied "thank you so much for this comment. i don't know why i'm tearing up while reading this. these days i've just been wanting to try and push myself to make content that i truly want to create regardless of the criticism. some days it's hard to shift through the comments and have people pick you apart..." :?
I feel bad about the fact that Jenn obviously can't take anything that's not 100% positive too well (some personalities are like that) while being on the internet but surely she knows that no one is 'picking her apart'??? Like her comment section is 10000x nicer than most other youtubers'.
wow her life is just sooo hard :roll:

sqm
Talker
Talker

Post by sqm »

Hah! What the fuck :?

baconandeggs
Informer
Informer

Post by baconandeggs »

jenn tryna be relatable by saying the sash was expensive [which it is] ($60) when that maxi dress from her other video was $400.. and u drive a mercedes girl... who r u trying to fool

dramabitch
Informer
Informer

Post by dramabitch »

baconandeggs wrote:jenn tryna be relatable by saying the sash was expensive [which it is] ($60) when that maxi dress from her other video was $400.. and u drive a mercedes girl... who r u trying to fool
shes wayyyy past the relatable phase. she no longer thrifts for cool and cheap finds and only wears designer things. which is fine, soph does it but dont try to front """relatable""""

ReiRei
Informer
Informer

Post by ReiRei »

apeach wrote:"if you think you can do a better job, don't just say it. do it. words are meaningless without actions."

she tweeted that. lmao girl really can't take any criticisms. :rofl: :rofl:
If I did I would be copying her so....

Thisisridic
Debater
Debater

Post by Thisisridic »

I'll pass on doing what she does, I don't really want my life to become materialistic and shallow... I'm fine with my corporate job and I think it's more meaningful to become successful on my own terms versus relying on my fanbase. :D

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

I saw a blurry photo of Jen's new tattoo, it looks like a zip code in case she gets lost in the streets or something.

likefrylikefry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by likefrylikefry »

cause number tattoos on your arm are a great idea

NeverEnoughLipsticks
Learner
Learner

Post by NeverEnoughLipsticks »

Callan wrote:I saw a blurry photo of Jen's new tattoo, it looks like a zip code in case she gets lost in the streets or something.
The one on her elbow? She got Ben's birth year and he got her's (opposite arm) lolz

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWoa0WZFiKP ... nboytattoo

hanaemii
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by hanaemii »

likefrylikefry wrote:cause number tattoos on your arm are a great idea
[img]<a class="vglnk" href="https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZvvwaevMHsY/ ... o+nazi.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>2</span><span>.</span><span>bp</span><span>.</span><span>blogspot</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/-</span><span>ZvvwaevMHsY</span><span>/</span><span>TowbSYlnSxI</span><span>/</span><span>AAAAAAAAANU</span><span>/</span><span>pjrYlvfK8Hk</span><span>/</span><span>s1600</span><span>/</span><span>magneto</span><span>+</span><span>nazi</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]
I was thinking the same thing! It's such a weird tattoo to get.. I mean... did you learn nothing in history class? And yet Jen wants us to think she's smart and cultured.. :?
BANNED

:hugs:

Return to “Jenn Im”