A Sprinkle of Shade - Louise Pentland part 9

imjustsaying
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: A Sprinkle of Shade - Louise Pentland part 9

Post by imjustsaying »

Yeah i was a bit baffled tbh when Louise said Darcy's main present was her party. I can understand saying that to a teen, but Darcy is still a bit young and yes it was a lovely party indeed but to say it was a gift....

The cake looked decent, i didn't know Asda did ones like that tbh. Still, probably could have ordered a special one from M&S for a good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mooncalf
Learner
Learner

Post by Mooncalf »

I like to try and see the best in Louise, and maybe Darcy's main present being her party is just trying to teach Darcy to value experiences and that a nice day playing with her friends is just as good as a material gift. The same with the cake, a six year old doesn't need an extravagant cake for her birthday. I also agree that Louise doesn't need 15 dresses, but she's an adult and I think most of the time she's wiser about spending her money than a lot of the other YouTubers, while Darcy is a child and could easily become spoilt if she isn't taught to be humble, appreciative of little things and to value experiences as much as material possessions.

If you compare her to the SacconeJoly children, who wear designer clothes as babies and are constantly showered with material stuff and toys, and are obsessed with presents, I think Louise definitely has the better approach here.

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

I looked up the site for those dresses and they were less than $100 usd. (I think there was a U.K. Website) and a lot of them were on sale for $20-$40. That doesn't justify her buying so many but still.

@bethy she didn't really complain. She just talked about why she got a smaller cake compared to last year, I think because she thought people would comment on it.

Tea-and-Crumpets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Tea-and-Crumpets »

imjustsaying wrote:Yeah i was a bit baffled tbh when Louise said Darcy's main present was her party. I can understand saying that to a teen, but Darcy is still a bit young and yes it was a lovely party indeed but to say it was a gift....

The cake looked decent, i didn't know Asda did ones like that tbh. Still, probably could have ordered a special one from M&S for a good price.

With the 'party as a gift' thing, she is copying from Marie/Bits n clips. Marie has said in videos before that she likes to go all-out with decorations for her kids' parties so that they can have great memories, rather than more toys.

blairwaldorf8
Talker
Talker

Post by blairwaldorf8 »

2candy2 wrote:
imjustsaying wrote:Yeah i was a bit baffled tbh when Louise said Darcy's main present was her party. I can understand saying that to a teen, but Darcy is still a bit young and yes it was a lovely party indeed but to say it was a gift....

With the 'party as a gift' thing, she is copying from Marie/Bits n clips. Marie has said in videos before that she likes to go all-out with decorations for her kids' parties so that they can have great memories, rather than more toys.
I was gunna say this.
Marie's kids are really well behaved and seem to have great values already so I think Louise is picking up some of her parenting techniques. Also does anyone remember the Christmas after her and Matt's split when they gave her an Elsa doll and she said she didn't want it?

I personally think it's nice to gift her the party rather than showering her with toys when they probably already have loads and get sent loads.

DancesWithSheep
Lurker
Lurker

Post by DancesWithSheep »

I was reading earlier comments on this thread about Devon not being worried about stepping on Louise's toes and also posting a lot of photos to her personal instagram and facebook with Darcy in them. I went and had a look for myself and the number of photos of Darcy she posts, many with creepy overstepping captions is insane!

DancesWithSheep
Lurker
Lurker

Here's just one of many examples, creepy! I swear that every third/forth picture on her insta is Darcy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Justlikehollywood_x
Talker
Talker

Post by Justlikehollywood_x »

blairwaldorf8 wrote:
2candy2 wrote:

I was gunna say this.
Marie's kids are really well behaved and seem to have great values already so I think Louise is picking up some of her parenting techniques. Also does anyone remember the Christmas after her and Matt's split when they gave her an Elsa doll and she said she didn't want it?

I personally think it's nice to gift her the party rather than showering her with toys when they probably already have loads and get sent loads.
I'd imagine that Darcy doesn't want for much, when you're a parent it's so difficult not to just (when you're able too) by everything their little hearts desire so making sure she places the right amount of value on experiences is much more important than the material items that she receives. When she grows up, the lovely party is what she'll remember, not the cake or the gifts but the fantastic time she had. That's just how I think about it anyway.

Joygirl42
Learner
Learner

Post by Joygirl42 »

DancesWithSheep wrote:Here's just one of many examples, creepy! I swear that every third/forth picture on her insta is Darcy!
HUGE overstep. First she says she has her for the night when she isn't even married to Matt! It's not her place. Second why couldn't the mom have them signed to Darcy for a gift or something if Darcy is so much a part of her family that she is implying. Devon needs to take 5 steps back.

tctp
Informer
Informer

Post by tctp »

Joygirl42 wrote:
DancesWithSheep wrote:Here's just one of many examples, creepy! I swear that every third/forth picture on her insta is Darcy!
HUGE overstep. First she says she has her for the night when she isn't even married to Matt! It's not her place. Second why couldn't the mom have them signed to Darcy for a gift or something if Darcy is so much a part of her family that she is implying. Devon needs to take 5 steps back.

i thought she meant that her mum had them signed for her when she was little. i could be wrong though!

the creepiest part is that she calls darcy "my little monkey".... like... why does she want possession of this little girl so much? especially when she knows that anything she says on social media will get back to louise. i just can't imagine overstepping so many boundaries if i were in her position.

Joygirl42
Learner
Learner

Post by Joygirl42 »

tctp wrote:
Joygirl42 wrote:

i thought she meant that her mum had them signed for her when she was little. i could be wrong though!

the creepiest part is that she calls darcy "my little monkey".... like... why does she want possession of this little girl so much? especially when she knows that anything she says on social media will get back to louise. i just can't imagine overstepping so many boundaries if i were in her position.
I didn't see the date on the book til now, but you're right! It was Devon's. She knows that Darcy doesn't see her social media and this is clearly a huge dig at Louise. I would be so pissed if my ex's GF that he barely started dating pulled this crap.

stampy_stamp
Learner
Learner

Post by stampy_stamp »

She's deleted the photo now!

Tink1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tink1987 »

Hey Devon :FU: :FU: :FU:

DancesWithSheep
Lurker
Lurker

stampy_stamp wrote:She's deleted the photo now!
No, it's still there!

stampy_stamp
Learner
Learner

Post by stampy_stamp »

Sorry I thought it was the most recent picture! Yes it is still there

Post by Guest »

Devon is just sick! And we all know From Darcys body language and the faces she pulls that she doesn't like being around her. Devon is desperately trying to force something that will never be there. No matter how many photos and stupid captions she takes, it won't make it anymore real. Darcy will always have that special bond with her mother and Devon will always been known as Daddy's creepy gf with the stupid fringe. Anyone can see that Darcy is so much happier with Louise. I bet she hates having to see her father because she knows Devon will always be there. Why is it so hard for Matt to tell his gf to back off?

DancesWithSheep
Lurker
Lurker

What I find weird is that from Devon's instagram, it appears that Louise bought her a Christmas present and I don't know what to make of it!

DancesWithSheep
Lurker
Lurker

What I find weird is that from Devon's instagram, it appears that Louise bought her a Christmas present and I don't know what to make of it!

Post by Guest »

Probably Louise being the bigger person but I bet she didn't even pay for it and it was just a freebie from Lush. What I find funny is that it was a glitter bubble bar, those things leave glitter everywhere and can be a pain. Like to think that was a bit of sweet revenge there.

greeny
Learner
Learner

Post by greeny »

I've been MIA for a while - where can I read about Louise's falling out with Jack? I just want to know what happened as there is obviously a juicy story there! She doesn't follow him on twitter any more which is what alerted me.

Return to “Louise Pentland”