her selfies give me second hand embarrassment haha

polarbearninja
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: A Sprinkle of Shade - Louise Pentland part 9

Post by polarbearninja »

SmileLikeYouMeanIt wrote:If I'm completely honest I've enjoyed a lot of this "new" Louise, yeah she can seem a bit silly, giggly and a bit immature but I generally now think it's not put on and that's generally how she is.
I kind of liked the embarrassing sex story because it really did for me de-stigmatise awkward sex situations.
Because it does happen and those situations shouldn't be shameful. Yeah she might have a few younger members watching but that can't be helped, parents should keep an eye on what their kids watch.
But for older teens who are learning about sex or about to start having sex it helps them understand these things do in fact happen.
I personally would like to see more of these in the future, maybe some advice types like how to go to your doctor and ask about different types of contraception.
I think some people here have misinterpreted Louise on her choice to make her channel more mature. Like you said, the change from Sprinkle of Glitter was an effort to show her own, genuine personality. It doesn't mean all of her videos have to be super mature now. It just allows her to make content specifically for an older audience if she ever wants to. She is definitely not the most mature person in the world but I do feel at least she is being pretty genuine in the way she presents herself on her channel now.

tinks-sx
Lurker
Lurker

Post by tinks-sx »

you've got to love the fact that Louise has gone to Spain and taken Darcy - last week Matthew went to Spain on his own :)

Post by Guest »

tinks-sx wrote:you've got to love the fact that Louise has gone to Spain and taken Darcy - last week Matthew went to Spain on his own :)
Is it wrong that I love it? It's a big middle finger to the pair of them. Thank god Darcy will be with her mother this Easter and not those two creeps!

stampy_stamp
Learner
Learner

Post by stampy_stamp »

Devon has a picture of her, Matt and Darcy on her featured pictures on Facebook. I mean I know I shouldn't be surprised as she posts pictures of her on her public Instagram but seriously......?!?! She is not your daughter. She is not even your stepdaughter!! If her and Matt had kids I would understand it a bit more.

blairwaldorf8
Talker
Talker

Post by blairwaldorf8 »

stampy_stamp wrote:Devon has a picture of her, Matt and Darcy on her featured pictures on Facebook. I mean I know I shouldn't be surprised as she posts pictures of her on her public Instagram but seriously......?!?! She is not your daughter. She is not even your stepdaughter!! If her and Matt had kids I would understand it a bit more.
I might be way off here but I reckon if Matt and Fringey had a kid together, Darcy would very much become an after thought. She's already just a pawn in their silly little game.

On a separate note, Matt's voice makes me shudder and cringe so so much. Especially the way he says "father" - "farrver" - overly camp, every word enunciated, and robotic as hell.

Good_Bake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Good_Bake »

blairwaldorf8 wrote:
stampy_stamp wrote:Devon has a picture of her, Matt and Darcy on her featured pictures on Facebook. I mean I know I shouldn't be surprised as she posts pictures of her on her public Instagram but seriously......?!?! She is not your daughter. She is not even your stepdaughter!! If her and Matt had kids I would understand it a bit more.
I might be way off here but I reckon if Matt and Fringey had a kid together, Darcy would very much become an after thought. She's already just a pawn in their silly little game.

On a separate note, Matt's voice makes me shudder and cringe so so much. Especially the way he says "father" - "farrver" - overly camp, every word enunciated, and robotic as hell.
sadly, I totally agree with you. I think Devon would be battling to make her child the favourite and the "better" child. I can imagine her posting passive aggressive instagrams with slight digs at Darcy's behaviour in comparison to her own childs too. Really hope for Darcy's sake that's not going to happen but I don't get good vibes from Devon

stampy_stamp
Learner
Learner

Post by stampy_stamp »

I can see that happening too :( I more meant it would be more acceptable if they had a kid to have a picture of the four of them up as to not make Darcy feel excluded or any different from her sibling. It is creepy how obsessed Devon is with Darcy and how she doesn't care about tredding on Louise's toes. If I ever had a relationship with someone who had children I would be so careful about enforcing clear boundaries. It's completely okay to be a strong figure in Darcy's world and make her feel loved. But Instagram/Facebook is not Darcy's world. She doesn't see it but Louise does. I don't understand why anyone would think that kind of behaviour is okay.

Also if I was with anyone who badmouthed the mother of their children, they'd soon be dumped.. Unless a parent is abusive, which Louise clearly is not, there is no reason to be so disrespectful.

blairwaldorf8
Talker
Talker

Post by blairwaldorf8 »

clover123 wrote:
blairwaldorf8 wrote:

sadly, I totally agree with you. I think Devon would be battling to make her child the favourite and the "better" child. I can imagine her posting passive aggressive instagrams with slight digs at Darcy's behaviour in comparison to her own childs too. Really hope for Darcy's sake that's not going to happen but I don't get good vibes from Devon
Yes I can totally see that! I really hope she's just petty though and not as vindictive as that. She's clearly jealous of Louise and threatened by her. I can't believe she doesn't realise that herself. I'd say the same for Matt too. I have no idea why they shun her. Whatever happened in their marriage, she is a good mother to Darcy, and loves her more than anything. They need to compartmentalise their feelings towards her and their responsibility as co parent and whatever the hell Devon is meant to be.

beigepug21
Debater
Debater

Post by beigepug21 »

This is why I refuse to watch any of her videos. Sorry but I dont think the gleam lot deserve millions for exploiting their children, showing off shit they bought or chatting a bit on camera. Louise doesn't even film or even edit her videos for heavens sake and she acts like she's a hard worker/businesswoman extraordinaire. Sorry but her success/wealth from YouTube isn't b/c of her hard work - it's b/c of luck & especially being close friends with Zoe at the right time. I love that she tweeted this knowing full well Hazel made a video criticizing the sacconejolys. Louise is jealous of Hazel imo: Hazel is basically the prettier, smarter, talented (her edits her own videos, is a good comedian) version of Louise. It so so obvious Louise was flirting hard with Jack and wanted him, but he wasn't attracted to her. She's salty Jacks with Hazel - this isn't a coincidence she lashed out a Jack and now shaded Hazel. Image

Good_Bake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Good_Bake »

beigepug21 wrote:This is why I refuse to watch any of her videos. Sorry but I dont think the gleam lot deserve millions for exploiting their children, showing off shit they bought or chatting a bit on camera. Louise doesn't even film or even edit her videos for heavens sake and she acts like she's a hard worker/businesswoman extraordinaire. Sorry but her success/wealth from YouTube isn't b/c of her hard work - it's b/c of luck & especially being close friends with Zoe at the right time. I love that she tweeted this knowing full well Hazel made a video criticizing the sacconejolys. Louise is jealous of Hazel imo: Hazel is basically the prettier, smarter, talented (her edits her own videos, is a good comedian) version of Louise. It so so obvious Louise was flirting hard with Jack and wanted him, but he wasn't attracted to her. She's salty Jacks with Hazel - this isn't a coincidence she lashed out a Jack and now shaded Hazel. Image

and also she totally missed the point?! Hazel made a really good and not at all aggressive video in which she didn't even name the SJs, they are just so terrible at clickbaiting that everyone knew exactly who she was talking about. Noone is saying people shouldn't watch his videos Hazel was just rightly saying that it's not needed and it's manipulative. It is false advertising in a way and doing so off of a newborn baby, deliberately scaring people is wrong and imo makes him a monster. Louise is wrong to support him in this! People aren't freely watching his videos if they're watching them expecting something else when in fact the title is a barefaced lie

Sunnyboosh
Informer
Informer

Post by Sunnyboosh »

clover123 wrote:
beigepug21 wrote:This is why I refuse to watch any of her videos. Sorry but I dont think the gleam lot deserve millions for exploiting their children, showing off shit they bought or chatting a bit on camera. Louise doesn't even film or even edit her videos for heavens sake and she acts like she's a hard worker/businesswoman extraordinaire. Sorry but her success/wealth from YouTube isn't b/c of her hard work - it's b/c of luck & especially being close friends with Zoe at the right time. I love that she tweeted this knowing full well Hazel made a video criticizing the sacconejolys. Louise is jealous of Hazel imo: Hazel is basically the prettier, smarter, talented (her edits her own videos, is a good comedian) version of Louise. It so so obvious Louise was flirting hard with Jack and wanted him, but he wasn't attracted to her. She's salty Jacks with Hazel - this isn't a coincidence she lashed out a Jack and now shaded Hazel. Image

and also she totally missed the point?! Hazel made a really good and not at all aggressive video in which she didn't even name the SJs, they are just so terrible at clickbaiting that everyone knew exactly who she was talking about. Noone is saying people shouldn't watch his videos Hazel was just rightly saying that it's not needed and it's manipulative. It is false advertising in a way and doing so off of a newborn baby, deliberately scaring people is wrong and imo makes him a monster. Louise is wrong to support him in this! People aren't freely watching his videos if they're watching them expecting something else when in fact the title is a barefaced lie
I can't actually view the picture for some reason, but if it's the tweets I think it is then she actually didn't tweet about them in the conversation of what's going on with hazel. It was in response to a tweet about how many ads gleamers have done this month. I think she may even have tweeted it before all the Hazel stuff kicked off, but don't quit me on that.

Tea-and-Crumpets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Tea-and-Crumpets »

Why has she done an #LPtraveladventures hashtag? I don't see how you could feel the need to 'brand' a small holiday with your daughter especially as she's never been known as LP. Sometimes it's like she forget she's a youtuber and thinks she's started a company or something? Can be a bit alienating when she started out more like a friend to viewers.

Lookup88
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lookup88 »

Louise replied to Johnathan all most 2 days before this hazel thing happened.

TheChemist
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheChemist »

Louise has tweeted Jonathan about Malaga during the whole Hazel and Saccone-Jolys feud too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sloth
Learner
Learner

Post by sloth »

Jesus didn't Louise say a couple of vlogs ago that she was trying to eat better and going to the gym?? She looks bigger than ever! Not that there's anything wrong with being big but she's been giving the impression she's trying to lose weight for a while now

polarbearninja
Informer
Informer

Post by polarbearninja »

I never got the impression that Louise liked Jack and he didn't want her back. He was the one making the effort and staying at her house all of the time. He was going to hang out with her loads and I feel he wouldnt have bothered if he wasnt interested.

I actually felt like it was the other way around. He started to seriously like her but she just wanted him for attention and support while things were going to shit with Matt. Also I think she always thought he was too young for her. I really don't think Jack never liked her cus I really doubt he would have bothered so much with her otherwise.

I've also never got the impression she was jealous of Hazel. Hazel's career is not at a high point at the moment. She is trying to follow her dream of writing and making her own shows but hasnt gotten there yet. Louise has never wanted those things and her career is going pretty well at the moment.

She has argued with Jack on social media because a) they have drifted apart and its pretty obvious at least one of them liked the other at some point so things are a bit weird and b) she just doesn't agree with what Jack and Hazel say about YouTube stuff. If you work with Gleam it's kind of a given that you are ok with clickbait and other money making tactics.

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

sloth wrote:Jesus didn't Louise say a couple of vlogs ago that she was trying to eat better and going to the gym?? She looks bigger than ever! Not that there's anything wrong with being big but she's been giving the impression she's trying to lose weight for a while now
It's the skirts, skirts aren't very flattering on big girls because they puff out at the waist band so they make you look larger. The dresses are great but skirts aren't the best choice. She has gotten pretty large which I think is great and not great. It's one thing to be bigger but eat relatively healthy and eat well, it's another to be bigger and not work out or eat that well. Just goes to show even being mostly a vegetarian (she doesn't really eat a lot of meat right?) doesn't necessarily mean you're healthier. I'm glad she's not obsessed with being a tiny stick though.

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

I don't really understand why she has katie film her videos still. I get the look books but the sit down videos Louise is capable of filming and editing n

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

I don't really understand why she has katie film her videos still. I get the look books but the sit down videos Louise is capable of filming and editing n

Return to “Louise Pentland”