A Sprinkle of Shade - Louise Pentland part 9

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: A Sprinkle of Shade - Louise Pentland part 9

Post by kayuhsee »

ifucsam wrote:I don't really understand why she has katie film her videos still. I get the look books but the sit down videos Louise is capable of filming and editing n

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She's had others film her stuff for awhile now. Back when her and Jack were inseparable, he would always film her videos.

candlepants
Informer
Informer

Post by candlepants »

2candy2 wrote:Why has she done an #LPtraveladventures hashtag? I don't see how you could feel the need to 'brand' a small holiday with your daughter especially as she's never been known as LP. Sometimes it's like she forget she's a youtuber and thinks she's started a company or something? Can be a bit alienating when she started out more like a friend to viewers.

She hasn't branded it. Still feels weird, but i don't see what's wrong with it

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

kayuhsee wrote:
ifucsam wrote:I don't really understand why she has katie film her videos still. I get the look books but the sit down videos Louise is capable of filming and editing.

She's had others film her stuff for awhile now. Back when her and Jack were inseparable, he would always film her videos.
(sorry for the double post, frigging tapatalk is buggy af)

I know Jack did, I just meant Katie did and still does. I don't get it. She edits her vlogs every week so why can't she edit her main channel video? She'd get a lot more credit if she did.

As far as the hashtaged vacation it is kind of weird. You'd think if you wanna keep track of your photos you'd just upload them to an album or something. Hashtagging it is asking for people to flood that tag for your attention.

dz_grey
Talker
Talker

Post by dz_grey »

ifucsam wrote:
sloth wrote:Jesus didn't Louise say a couple of vlogs ago that she was trying to eat better and going to the gym?? She looks bigger than ever! Not that there's anything wrong with being big but she's been giving the impression she's trying to lose weight for a while now
It's the skirts, skirts aren't very flattering on big girls because they puff out at the waist band so they make you look larger. The dresses are great but skirts aren't the best choice. She has gotten pretty large which I think is great and not great. It's one thing to be bigger but eat relatively healthy and eat well, it's another to be bigger and not work out or eat that well. Just goes to show even being mostly a vegetarian (she doesn't really eat a lot of meat right?) doesn't necessarily mean you're healthier. I'm glad she's not obsessed with being a tiny stick though.
I also think her newish relationship could have something to do with it. Some people when they're really happy are not so concerned with eating really healthy and exercising. Especially if the person they're with isn't into it, it's easy to get side tracked and then gain weight.

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

dz_grey wrote:
ifucsam wrote:
sloth wrote:Jesus didn't Louise say a couple of vlogs ago that she was trying to eat better and going to the gym?? She looks bigger than ever! Not that there's anything wrong with being big but she's been giving the impression she's trying to lose weight for a while now
It's the skirts, skirts aren't very flattering on big girls because they puff out at the waist band so they make you look larger. The dresses are great but skirts aren't the best choice. She has gotten pretty large which I think is great and not great. It's one thing to be bigger but eat relatively healthy and eat well, it's another to be bigger and not work out or eat that well. Just goes to show even being mostly a vegetarian (she doesn't really eat a lot of meat right?) doesn't necessarily mean you're healthier. I'm glad she's not obsessed with being a tiny stick though.
I also think her newish relationship could have something to do with it. Some people when they're really happy are not so concerned with eating really healthy and exercising. Especially if the person they're with isn't into it, it's easy to get side tracked and then gain weight.
Oh yeah for sure. After maybe 6 months of dating my husband I started to gain weight. 10 years later I've gained 80lbs. (Which I am working on!!!). She's said Liam likes going to the gym though so I'm surprised she hasn't been a little more into going.

techcray
Learner
Learner

Post by techcray »

Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

For the most part I really like Louise, she has her faults but to me she seems like such a lovely genuine person. After announcing her revamp I found her videos very meh and boring but i've so enjoyed the last few videos, her last one with Darcys party made me a little emosh!

I cannot STAND Devon and Matt OMG they make my blood boil!!!

Tink1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tink1987 »

How sad is it that that loser Matt couldn't even stay and help with the birthday party - it takes a lot of adults to control 20 something kids running around!

polarbearninja
Informer
Informer

Post by polarbearninja »

Tink1987 wrote:How sad is it that that loser Matt couldn't even stay and help with the birthday party - it takes a lot of adults to control 20 something kids running around!
I'd actually understand if Louise just didn't want him there.

Toppsie
Talker
Talker

Post by Toppsie »

polarbearninja wrote:
Tink1987 wrote:How sad is it that that loser Matt couldn't even stay and help with the birthday party - it takes a lot of adults to control 20 something kids running around!
I'd actually understand if Louise just didn't want him there.
I can see Louise telling him to do one. He had Darcy on her actual birthday, so maybe Louise wants a day to celebrate without him and his creepy tagalong.

ems142
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ems142 »

a couple weeks ago, when Louise was buying Darcy's bday cake, she said she wasn't going all out like last year and got two from the supermarket because unlike last year, she was paying for everything herself. As much as I like Louise, I thought...come on, it's not like you can't afford it and assumed Darcy has an extravagant bday last year because it was a sponsored event lol (it appears anything and everything is sponsored these days)!!! but I just realised, she must have meant paying herself because Matt was paying last year but not this one.

what a knobbead, it's not like he set up a separate bday party for her and couldn't afford to contribute! I know it's not all about money and Louise probably makes triple more than he does but it's not how much but how little he's giving!! I don't know if I mentioned on this or just on Devon's thread, on the day of Darcy's bday, Matt posted several posts on insta stories of him smugly blowing bubbles from a Little Mermaid bubble gun...turns out it was Louise's bday present to Darcy....you can't get lower than that!!!

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

Uhhhhh why is Katie filming and editing her main channel videos where she's sitting in her living room talking to the camera? There aren't even any cutaways or anything that needs major editing. It's probably easier to edit than the vlogs.

Tink1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tink1987 »

I thought the same too about paying for it - the cynic in me thought oh did nobody offer to send you anything free this year?!

beigepug21
Debater
Debater

Post by beigepug21 »

Louise is a multi-millionaire - it's pretty low that she's complaining she has to spend money on her daughter's birthday party when she thinks nothing of treating herself to weekly hair blow outs. Maybe she should have forgone one of her weekly hair blow-outs and put that money towards Darcy's birthday so she wouldn't have to complain. Smh I still can't believe she's complaining about the cost of Darcy's party when she's a freaking multi-millionaire who thinks nothing of dropping a $100 for shitty Halloween snow globes at homesense.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

beigepug21 wrote:Louise is a multi-millionaire - it's pretty low that she's complaining she has to spend money on her daughter's birthday party when she thinks nothing of treating herself to weekly hair blow outs. Maybe she should have forgone one of her weekly hair blow-outs and put that money towards Darcy's birthday so she wouldn't have to complain. Smh I still can't believe she's complaining about the cost of Darcy's party when she's a freaking multi-millionaire who thinks nothing of dropping a $100 for shitty Halloween snow globes at homesense.
Don't forget the 15 dresses she got last week, the upcoming Disney trip, the New York trip, the Valentine's Day 2 week Orlando trip, I could go on. Could she really not afford that cake?

techcray
Learner
Learner

Post by techcray »

beigepug21 wrote:Louise is a multi-millionaire - it's pretty low that she's complaining she has to spend money on her daughter's birthday party when she thinks nothing of treating herself to weekly hair blow outs. Maybe she should have forgone one of her weekly hair blow-outs and put that money towards Darcy's birthday so she wouldn't have to complain. Smh I still can't believe she's complaining about the cost of Darcy's party when she's a freaking multi-millionaire who thinks nothing of dropping a $100 for shitty Halloween snow globes at homesense.
I was kind of annoyed when she started talking about the cake. But then I think she was mentioning it incase people called her out that it was a 'lesser' cake than last year? and maybe also wanted to get across that she was doing the party without matt.

Also I looked up the place where I think she held the party and she said there was 25 children going, so that alone would have cost £473 which is a crazy amount for a childrens birthday party and maybe she felt like anymore expensive additional cost would have been too much to pay out for one party.

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

techcray wrote:
I was kind of annoyed when she started talking about the cake. But then I think she was mentioning it incase people called her out that it was a 'lesser' cake than last year? and maybe also wanted to get across that she was doing the party without matt.

Also I looked up the place where I think she held the party and she said there was 25 children going, so that alone would have cost £473 which is a crazy amount for a childrens birthday party and maybe she felt like anymore expensive additional cost would have been too much to pay out for one party.
Yeah that's what I gleaned from her comment as well. As someone who used to work in a bakery I know what cakes can run, especially fancy ones and the price can be outrageous. I mean it's still a drop in the bucket compared to what she makes but I can understand she doesn't want to spend £1000's on a birthday party.

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

techcray wrote:

Yeah that's what I gleaned from her comment as well. As someone who used to work in a bakery I know what cakes can run, especially fancy ones and the price can be outrageous. I mean it's still a drop in the bucket compared to what she makes but I can understand she doesn't want to spend £1000's on a birthday party.

Tink1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tink1987 »

I do try and like to think the best of Louise out of all the YT'ers I watch so hopefully she was just not explaining it as well as she could have done and meant that she would rather give Darcy experiences like these trips away or she is making sure she is not getting spoilt.
Last edited by Tink1987 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

bethy
Informer
Informer

Post by bethy »

rai1234 wrote:
Don't forget the 15 dresses she got last week, the upcoming Disney trip, the New York trip, the Valentine's Day 2 week Orlando trip, I could go on. Could she really not afford that cake?
I think she gets these trips for free for promotional reasons, or very heavily discounted.

I haven't seen the video though, so don't know how much she complained.

imjustsaying
Talker
Talker

Post by imjustsaying »

Yeah i was a bit baffled tbh when Louise said Darcy's main present was her party. I can understand saying that to a teen, but Darcy is still a bit young and yes it was a lovely party indeed but to say it was a gift....

The cake looked decent, i didn't know Asda did ones like that tbh. Still, probably could have ordered a special one from M&S for a good price.

Return to “Louise Pentland”