Vagabond Youth

sunsetpark
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Vagabond Youth

Post by sunsetpark »

What's up with these YTers not being able to blend their eyeshadow?? I thought Jenn's eyeshadow has been bad recently (though she looks good here) but Amy takes it to another level.

vanillafilter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillafilter »

Oh honey... no.

And she looks like this on a constant basis, too. Like literally every single time she puts makeup on, on camera.

squishystyle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by squishystyle »

In her AM With Amy videos her make up always seems the exact same, especially the eyeshadow. It feels like the only thing that changes is her lip colour.

vanillafilter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillafilter »

She should do a collab video with a REAL makeup artist, and maybe have them teach her techniques. I think it'd be fun to watch AND Amy could learn some new looks. Having monolids doesn't mean you have to have shitty eye makeup all the time. Hell, even Sophia Chang could probably teach Amy a thing or two.

woonsim
Debater
Debater

Post by woonsim »

I quite like her AM with Amy series, although I find her inclusion of feminist buzzwords and theories that she had learnt in her Gender Studies classes back in UCLA really pretentious and cringeworthy. She seems like an overly enthusiastic Gender Studies student who is just spewing what she memorised in her textbook without much real-life application. I don't know, I have mixed feelings about the whole #girlove thing that so many female content creators seem to be on. While I agree with them that we should be less critical of each other's appearance and not spread negative rumours, I don't think we should support females at the expense of males with the whole talk surrounding patriarchy and believing that females can do no wrong.

naturalmakeup
Debater
Debater

Post by naturalmakeup »

woonsim wrote:I quite like her AM with Amy series, although I find her inclusion of feminist buzzwords and theories that she had learnt in her Gender Studies classes back in UCLA really pretentious and cringeworthy. She seems like an overly enthusiastic Gender Studies student who is just spewing what she memorised in her textbook without much real-life application. I don't know, I have mixed feelings about the whole #girlove thing that so many female content creators seem to be on. While I agree with them that we should be less critical of each other's appearance and not spread negative rumours, I don't think we should support females at the expense of males with the whole talk surrounding patriarchy and believing that females can do no wrong.
Yeah the way I always feel about it is: Just because I believe every person has the right to the same opportunities despite their gender, race, sexuality, etc. etc. etc. doesn't mean I have to like every person I meet on an individual basis!

Also, of course, feminism is believing all genders should be treated equally, not putting women over men or vice versa.

naturalmakeup
Debater
Debater

Post by naturalmakeup »

naturalmakeup wrote:
woonsim wrote:I quite like her AM with Amy series, although I find her inclusion of feminist buzzwords and theories that she had learnt in her Gender Studies classes back in UCLA really pretentious and cringeworthy. She seems like an overly enthusiastic Gender Studies student who is just spewing what she memorised in her textbook without much real-life application. I don't know, I have mixed feelings about the whole #girlove thing that so many female content creators seem to be on. While I agree with them that we should be less critical of each other's appearance and not spread negative rumours, I don't think we should support females at the expense of males with the whole talk surrounding patriarchy and believing that females can do no wrong.
Yeah the way I always feel about it is: Just because I believe every person has the right to the same opportunities despite their gender, race, sexuality, etc. etc. etc. doesn't mean I have to like every person I meet on an individual basis!

Also, of course, feminism is believing all genders should be treated equally, not putting women over men or vice versa.
Sorry for the double post, but I would like to add that I do believe we (in the US) currently live in a largely patriarchal society and part of equalizing all genders is removing that. But like you said, spewing empty rhetoric doesn't really help that cause.

woonsim
Debater
Debater

Post by woonsim »

While I feel that US has been doing a rather decent job in terms of egalitarianism from an outsider's POV (let's agree to disagree with that, I don't think I am also well informed enough to have an opinion haha), I agree that equalizing opportunities is the way to go. I always roll my eyes whenever she mention the theories and buzzwords because I just find the whole Gender Studies thing ironically elitist I guess, due to the discipline mostly consisting of female professors who have the academic authority.

But anyway! Back to Amy. I am happy to see her being passionate about the topic of gender because there are countries where inequality is happening but idk man, it just seems really forced and theatrical at times with the whole "I SUPPORT GURLS. HERE ARE MY FAVOURITE FEMEEL CONTENT CREATORS." Like dammit I get it you don't have to keep telling me lol

ohnoshedidnt
Talker
Talker

Post by ohnoshedidnt »

One thing I really fucking hate about Amy is her constant 'I am 100% Korean. Bitch, good for you! It sends such a tone of being superior simply because she is Korean.

And yes - she is so fake woke.

graylights
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by graylights »

I don't understand YouTubers who address hate comments by attacking the haters for "having no life" and "being jealous of her". Like no, you really are bad at make up. You really are bad at your job. No one's jealous of your shoddy skills and lack of career or ambition in life. Get your stick out your ass. Just because we point that out doesn't mean we don't have fulfilling lives of our own. :roll:

vanillafilter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillafilter »

I know right. Seeing as how she's never had a "real" job in her life, obviously she doesn't know how to take constructive criticism or even negative feedback, which is literally a part of everyday life when you are an adult in the real world. It's the exact same thing. She makes money because of her audience, and while we aren't her "boss," we are the reason she has the ability to make money on a public platform and everyone has a right to have an opinion. She doesn't have to listen to it though, but she CHOOSES to and CHOOSES to let "hate" comments affect her when she could easily ignore it and move on with her fucking life. No one's forcing her to read or react to negativity. But when you're insecure and seek it out in order to have something to talk about... :roll:

If she was totally confident in herself, she wouldn't feel the need to address anything negative that comes her way. She could vent about it privately like a normal person. But nope, she has to get all special snowflake and declare it to the world that she has haters cuz hey, doesn't that mean you "made it" in life? :rofl:

fashionably_late
Lurker
Lurker

Post by fashionably_late »

She lies SO MUCH! In her video about her "chronic illness" she talks about how now she's plant based and eats healthy yet her insta stories are always her with hot cheetos & non plant-based foods. If she doesn't want to eat that way, then DON'T but don't lie about it and say that you do just to hop on board the trend. It's so infuriating. She needs to get a grip and actually do her job. She complains about how she isn't growing her audience yet all she does is repost the same 3 boring videos with a minor tweak here and there.

perolikewhytho
Lurker
Lurker

Post by perolikewhytho »

I don't get how she can afford a studio in LA with her work ethic. Her channel is so dead and I doubt she's being fully supported by Youtube. I think she tweeted that she was able to fully support herself and whatever but let's be real.. her parents def help out. I've been watching her for years now since her UCLA days and I liked her much more then, when she was actually genuine. Now she's just a fake LA youtuber who's trying hard to be Jenn, Steph, and Claire.. I honestly don't see potential in her growing her channel with her content. I've been skipping all her AM with Amy's because it's just SUCH a bore to watch these days.
No matter how many people tell her that her makeup job sucks, I doubt she'd ever be bothered to fix it since she just "doesn't care" lol.. like ok Amy..

mileonea
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mileonea »

I was watching the collab video Amy did with Sandy Lin, they did each other's make up and I hope hope hope Amy could take some advice from it... doubt it though.
And the fact that se was clearly sick, kept coughing and still did Sandy's makeup with her fingers just made me cringe.

melonjellin4234
Learner
Learner

Post by melonjellin4234 »

Has her working under Jennim helped out with her youtube channel? I thought it was kind of embarrassing to be Jenn's assistant and not get a real job but I do notice her tagging along with Jenn to events she would't have been invited to if she was not working for her. I hope shes networking like crazy. I was wrong you gotta hustle to get anywhere.

graylights
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by graylights »

I don't think so... the only content she puts out lately are vlogs, and even those are super late (people she vlogs with like Jenn Im and Joan Kim both put out their vlogs with each other in it before her)...

daintydaisy
Learner
Learner

Post by daintydaisy »

https://www.instagram.com/vadymzh/

Her ex's new gf isn't exactly a looker is she..

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

She looks part asian, maybe that's his attraction bc Amy isn't that cute either.

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

Lol damn yall crazy she's cute, cuter than amy imo.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

idonteven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by idonteven »

:| aw I think they look cute together!

Return to “V-Z”