Owli
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: FlerghDeFail 2016 - General thread part 16

Post by Owli »

thanks! <3

Here again my last post from the previous thead:

Tbh, and I did not think that I would: but I am actually genuinely excited to hear what the move is about.
Unlike others, I also don't have the feeling it's only Fleur's decision. I can imagine them realising how things are not ideal with all the travelling and that they want to spend more time together. I think that's better than living isolated like Zalfie imo.

Again, Fleur is not my fav at the moment, but I am sure it will be fine and that they are happy with their decision. I know know ;) we only see whatever amount of min of them in the vlogs, but I do have the impression that Mike would tell Fleur if he is not ok with sth. I have a different impression than others.

In the end, it's just a house - and if the new location makes them happier, then I guess it's worth it.
But that's just my opinion and experience from changing plans, negotiating oppertunities, also abroad.

Plus, but not sure if that's a reason for them to move: the propery is HUGE. I can imagine that they want/need a big property, however the one now is a lot of maintenance, and when have we ever really see them sitting outside and stuff?

I could well be that all of the family is moving closer together a bit. I actually like that idea. They also seem to have a good relationship with Fleur's family and rest.

Tink1987
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by Tink1987 »

I'm sticking by my theory that they may be going travelling, but, then again what about the dogs?

I'm wondering if they will have 12 months travelling and then buy somewhere new private and have a baby. But they could afford the upkeep for that house whilst travelling?

Pretty annoyed she was all like oh the curtains took forever etc but perhaps they changed their minds in that time frame. I bet she will be more private in the new place. It is a shame if that house has been ruined for them by people knowing the address but then again it's their own fault. I'm sure this is the beginning of the end for Fleur's channel by her own decision.

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by peanutella »

Maybe they're buying a house (*cough* mansion *cough*) in London.
Non.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

Tink1987 wrote:I'm sticking by my theory that they may be going travelling, but, then again what about the dogs?

I'm wondering if they will have 12 months travelling and then buy somewhere new private and have a baby. But they could afford the upkeep for that house whilst travelling?

Pretty annoyed she was all like oh the curtains took forever etc but perhaps they changed their minds in that time frame. I bet she will be more private in the new place. It is a shame if that house has been ruined for them by people knowing the address but then again it's their own fault. I'm sure this is the beginning of the end for Fleur's channel by her own decision.
I am starting to think your guess is more likely to be right, maybe they aren't sure if they really love the location/house as much as they first though and are figuring they might as well list it while they go travel. I definitely think they are probably going to travel before settling down and having kids. Maybe it will be a bit of "if it sells then it wasn't meant to be?" and if it doesn't make the decision when they get back? I really don't think Mike would sacrifice country living just so Fleur can live in the city all the time. They really do have the best of both worlds right now with the flat in London and their big country house. I can't imagine they'd want a London Flat and a London house...but I could be wrong. I really hope they aren't moving to LA, I'd lose all interest in her then.

scgirl212
Informer
Informer

Post by scgirl212 »

Hmm just checked to see the new listing and all I could find was the old listing and it saying "currently not for sale".

I even searched houses in their area, in the price range and got nothing. Maybe they took it off already?

They bought it in May 2013 for £925.

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah »

No it is still listed.. try again it's very easy to find considering the price range and the location.

If they move to LA what would happen to the dogs? will they leave them for a year for example with Fleur or Mike's parents? not likely and that's why I don't think they are going to move outside the UK.
:love2:

Tink1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tink1987 »

Perhaps I'm being too generous by saying travelling - I mean 3 months in LA and maybe 1 in NY haha :)

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

Following

fauxfox
Informer
Informer

Post by fauxfox »

The house is now listed as "under offer". That didn't take long. I wonder if they're selling to a friend.

P.S. The Vlogtober failure just gets worse and worse...the latest vlog is from the 16th and it's now the 21st. Where are all of the vlogs for this week? If you can't do it, don't commit to it!

LoulouVi
Learner
Learner

Post by LoulouVi »

The property is now listed as sold for £1,075,000.

fauxfox
Informer
Informer

Post by fauxfox »

The "sold" listing is the old one from when they originally bought it.

scgirl212
Informer
Informer

Post by scgirl212 »

lolita_blah wrote:No it is still listed.. try again it's very easy to find considering the price range and the location.

If they move to LA what would happen to the dogs? will they leave them for a year for example with Fleur or Mike's parents? not likely and that's why I don't think they are going to move outside the UK.

Found it! Already under offer so that's why I couldn't find it. Only 3 days on the market before going into escrow? I wish ridingboots was still around. she was distantly related if I remember correctly and would give us some backstory. For example she said Mike had asked his dad for money for the house and he said no. she was also the one to tell us about the massive grounds and the lake/pond before anyone knew where they were buying.

I wonder where they're going?

anonymous123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by anonymous123 »

Wow, I am super surprised but also not really that they are selling. I remember Fleur saying it was their forever and dream home. I also think they are going to move closer to Fleurs family. Maybe mikes as well, I'm not sure where his lives. Her life (job) is so different now than when they bought the house, so I can see why it would change things.

purplequeen

Post by purplequeen »

I never believed she liked that house from the start because they were so slow to decorate - for example that hideous salmon pink on the hall/stairs/landing was by far the worst and they could have easily painted over that in a weekend with minimal expense as there is no furniture of fitments to buy (like there would be to renovate a bathroom/kitchen etc) yet 3 years later its still the same. Also, the fact that they never use the dining room and never put any furniture in their informal sitting room (the one off the kitchen) apart from - bizarrely - a dressing table! I've always got the vibe that they were lost in that massive house and gardens - yes they wanted it because all their families have massive houses but I think they just bought it because I think they planned on having kids right away but then Fleurgh's career took off and so she put kids on the back burner.

My hunch is that something happened very recently to force this move out of the blue - because why order specific curtains to be specially made, if you know you are going to move soon just get a cheap pair from TK max. Also, in her last bedroom tour video she actually said that she would use her dressing room as a nursery - that was only a couple of weeks ago! SO what has happened between that comment and now to urgently force a house move out of the blue?

LoulouVi
Learner
Learner

Post by LoulouVi »

fauxfox wrote:The "sold" listing is the old one from when they originally bought it.
I'm sure you know more than I do. But that's not the price they paid. It was, however, close to the asking price. But why would the asking price be still listed?

Anyway. I'm surprised they're selling. Not necessarily surprised that they're moving, but surprised they are getting rid of property. I always thought that if they ever decided to move, they wouldn't have left acquired land. Unless, well, I'm missing a puzzle piece.

purplequeen

Post by purplequeen »

I love how she always pretended it was only a 3 bed, 2 bath house! You can see from the pics that she has clearly just renovated the other 2 rooms and the third bathroom! Yet she never mentioned those in her reno vlogs. Also, the pizza oven is included in the sale - wasn't that a gift to mike from his parents? Weird that they are not taking it with them as if they buy another mansion Im sure they will find room for it in their acres!

Can't believe it only took 3 days to sell.

So they paid 925 for it and have sold it for 1395 or thereabouts - they've made £470k profit - not bad for 3 years and during a global financial recession! How much do you reckon they have spent on it?

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah »

purplequeen wrote: My hunch is that something happened very recently to force this move out of the blue - because why order specific curtains to be specially made, if you know you are going to move soon just get a cheap pair from TK max. Also, in her last bedroom tour video she actually said that she would use her dressing room as a nursery - that was only a couple of weeks ago! SO what has happened between that comment and now to urgently force a house move out of the blue?
YES! And she said that she is very happy with the guest room and can not wait to have friends over and stay in that room. Weird! What do you guys think has happened in just a few weeks? days even!

Oh and yes it is already under offer for £1,395,000. Waw!
:love2:

potnoodlegirl
Informer
Informer

Post by potnoodlegirl »

The original rightmove listing with photos etc was 1075000. This is still online - that page doesn't update to show the sold price of 925000. You have to go to the Sold Prices area of rightmove or Zoopla to see that.

The current listing might say 1395000 but it won't show a sold price online for weeks; once the land registry updates when the sale conpletes.

luvey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luvey »

i wish she would do a tour of the grounds before they move. i haven't watched in a while, but have they officially announced anything?

Return to “FleurDeForce”