anon123
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Wendyslookbook

Post by anon123 »

grezgorzabc wrote:she's on James' payroll
Well...it seems that James/MM just follows her around all the time, shooting her photos and Youtube videos. So there must be something in it for him as well. I reckon she makes a lot off her Youtube videos and her blog (with her rstyle links). But I'm not sure if it's enough to sustain her wardrobe and both their salaries.

I think she has mentioned a few times she worked in private wealth management, but she didn't focus too much on it. She then quit to pursue a career as an actress (saw some old Youtube video mentioning she was off to an audition), but now it seems she is just focusing on fashion.

grezgorzabc
Informer
Informer

Post by grezgorzabc »

i can't imagine anyone as retarded and annoying as wendy to last long in finance. I would not want to be her client.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

anon123 wrote:
Well...it seems that James/MM just follows her around all the time, shooting her photos and Youtube videos. So there must be something in it for him as well. I reckon she makes a lot off her Youtube videos and her blog (with her rstyle links). But I'm not sure if it's enough to sustain her wardrobe and both their salaries.

I think she has mentioned a few times she worked in private wealth management, but she didn't focus too much on it. She then quit to pursue a career as an actress (saw some old Youtube video mentioning she was off to an audition), but now it seems she is just focusing on fashion.
umm...sex.

she just makes money off youtube. that's more than enough to get her by. in addition to that money, she has her boyfriend's salary. i'm assuming he does other things besides following her around all the time.

grezgorzabc
Informer
Informer

Post by grezgorzabc »

emmygues wrote:
anon123 wrote:

umm...sex.

she just makes money off youtube. that's more than enough to get her by. in addition to that money, she has her boyfriend's salary. i'm assuming he does other things besides following her around all the time.
serves his fetish for grown people who act like a child in public

OHai
Talker
Talker

Post by OHai »

anon123 wrote:Yea...I don't get how $60+ for a t-shirt is justifiable. I sometimes wonder where the money comes from. She probably makes a lot of money from her blog and videos, but her style was expensive from the get-go.

Seems like every entry, she has a new item. I understand that companies and other retailers would gift her things, but geeze! She has a new designer bag every month or so. Versus 9to5Chic, who always remixes her items but always manages to look, well, chic. :D

BeautifulHeart

Post by BeautifulHeart »

In a recent post on her blog about attending a poetry reading, she said she's currently working for InsideoutWriters and claims to have a "mentee". Then I checked the website and she's not even listed as one of the teachers? http://www.insideoutwriters.org/links.php?id=teachers I wonder how much "work" she actually does or if she just shows up once a month to "volunteer."

knownothing
Lurker
Lurker

Post by knownothing »

well i cant really say i dont like wendy...ok its really weird that she has soooooo much money and she buys all that stuff but generally i think shes sweet and kind...she replies to the comments-i sent her a message once- and i think shes such a good person when shes writing to every end of her blog entries "thank you so much for reading"..yeah maybe her foster-care story isnt that dramatic as she says to be but maybe she was hugely traumatised by that-i dont know...i dont really like to scrutinize other peoples life and the fact that she and MM are such a good couple and that shes not at all rude when answering to comments- as long as i know- make me like her...i cant even argue with most of the comments here because truly there are some facts that are very bizarre.. :|

dulcechunti
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by dulcechunti »

I like her style as well. I mean, I like how she dresses herself and I like how her boyfriend does such a good job helping her grow her public image--they both know their respective areas and really put out a good "product" for her followers. I don't really "dislike" her as I really appreciate her personal style, but what I do dislike about her--and other YouTube/fashion blog people is the fake stories they spin to gain more notoriety and make themselves seem more interesting than they really are. That's my issue with Wendy. I like her style--her personal stuff that she blows up to make young girls love her more--don't care. I also noticed that she was not listed on the InsideoutWriters website and mentioned it a while back. Funny how she now brings it up.

I'm not saying Wendy shouldn't "talk" or share personal stories--not at all--I just don't like lies or exaggerations. I like her style and if she never "talked," I'd still dig her because it's her style that's the grab, not her exaggerated background story. There's a lot of money on the fashion blogging/YouTube thing so she's really trying hard to keep people more and more interested, but I really wish she would just focus on sharing her style and cut it out with the fake narrative.

ughplease
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ughplease »

I appreciate her high quality videos, her fashion taste, everything...except the way she acts so incredibly ditzy with her high pitched voice.

I understand that you are an "actress", but it does not mean you should put on an obnoxious facade in your Youtube videos. I would much prefer if she just act like herself.

Jayne
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Jayne »

Why all the hostility people? I don't understand. Some of you sound kind of jealous and it's not becoming. Not at all. I happen to love Wendy's blog. Obviously. It's very inspirational to me. I love to see what she's got going next. Some of it I don't like, and a lot of it I love. So I take what works for me. Some of the little quirky things she does may be annoying to some of you, but that's what makes her who she is. You don't have to log on to her blog if you don't want to. Maybe some of you posting know her personally. It sounds like a few of you might. You know who you are, and it's a little too obvious. Why the hostility? Is she a mean person? Doesn't seem like it. Yes, she does wear quite a lot of designer items. Many of them being way beyond my budget as well. So you take that and go build an outfit from components at an affordable store. Not that hard. And then there's the subject about her boyfriend. He's a big boy. If he doesn't want to be in the relationship he can always walk. Don't forget, he gets a lot out of this too. He gets to show of his skills as a videographer. Someone is bound to notice right? I think it works great for both sides. They are each enjoying their passion for creativity. They both get something out of it. As for them getting kick backs for her postings. So what! They put a lot of work into what they're doing. If she posts, and those items sell out. She should get a kick back. I'm sure a lot of designers and reps give her items so that she could "advertise" for them. Again. It works for both sides. And then there are a few of you who liked Wendy until you logged on to this site and read others comments. Don't get on the hate train. It's a horrible ride. Happy New Year everyone.

Post by Guest »

It's not a hate train. You just realize who people really are once others open your eyes.

dulcechunti
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by dulcechunti »

It’s funny how ”jealousy” always gets brought up when some people can’t handle criticism.

I’m not “jealous” of Wendy. And I’ve said it many times—I like her style and I think she knows how to dress herself and express her personal style. James, is also awesome at what he does. He puts a lot of care in his work and it shows.

All good there.

It’s the “shady” stuff and the phony narrative, that are so painfully obvious to people above the age of 11, that bring down her sartorial abilities. Whether anyone disagrees or has a problem with the criticism doesn’t make it any less legitimate. It’s what we’ve noticed and we are free to discuss it whenever we want.

As far as her making money from the rstyle links, no problem there either—just state it on your FABULOUS blog. That’s it. A nice concise footer at the bottom of each post. You can even make the font smaller and change the color to grey—as long as it’s there. Nobody wants to bring Wendy down or take away the paychecks—in her own way she works for that money.

For me, Wendy is leagues apart, style-wise, from all of the other tacky YouTubers. Wendy truly has a sense of personal style. Very rarely have I seen a poor attempt on her part and I give her credit for her effort. I like her blog and her videos, not going to stop checking her out and dumping some change in her pockets every time I do. But I have to say, when she omits the kickbacks and trumps up the phony narrative and philanthropical endeavors—she comes across as dishonest. We’re not the morality police, Wendy can continue on that path—who cares—right?

I can’t say that I know her, but I think someone else here does...

s0_vain
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by s0_vain »

Gold digger or not... I envy her wardrobe LOL. I live vicariously through her quality videos.

IMO, she seems a lot more genuine than Chriselle.

dulcechunti
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by dulcechunti »

s0_vain wrote:Gold digger or not... I envy her wardrobe LOL. I live vicariously through her quality videos.

IMO, she seems a lot more genuine than Chriselle.
I don't know if she seems more genuine, but I admit she's waaaaaay more tolerable than that older (looking) woman. And yeah, her wardrobe is nothing I'd turn my nose up at. The videos are not bad either.

As long as homegirl doesn't keep trying to milk the phony narrative and is more open and honest about her rstyle links and other click-triggered revenue and kick-backs, I'm good.

Honesty won't make you less stylish or less wealthy Wendy and James!

SaySorry
Learner
Learner

Post by SaySorry »

Maybe I am alone in this but I wish instead of saying, "Thanks to Tiffany & Co", she would state she got the item for free. I don't think people many people realize she's saying, 'Thanks' because she got all of those handbags, jewelry, clothes, etc for free. And sometimes if the item is worn in another post, she omits the "thanks".

When she first started her blog and channel, she mostly just got accessories gifted to her and when she summarized her outfit, accessories would be the last thing mentioned so saying, "

Bag :: Vintage Chanel
Accessories :: Vintage necklace & ring,
bracelets thanks to T+J Designs, Stella & Dot, BesoBeso

" saying, 'thanks' just made it seem like a way she wanted to wrap up the post. Not too sure how clear I'm coming across since I'm on no sleep but yeah, I don't think her readers realize just how much free stuff she's received over the years. Its enough to be mentioned in almost every post of hers!

courtesanlife
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by courtesanlife »

emmygues wrote:
umm...sex.

Nope, Wendy was dressing like that and had expensive tastes well before she was on youtube. I used to lurk on The Purse Forum, and I haven't been on in years, but I was on when Wendy was just starting on YT. I'm not sure if it's still there, but she posted talking about her first video to get the ladies on TPF to check her out. Before she ever made a blog or YT channel she was posting pics of her fashion finds and outfits on TPF, so no, YT is not responsible for her fashion budget, whatever it may be.

I have no idea what she does now and whether she still keeps up with posting on TPF.

guest21304
Stalker
Stalker

Post by guest21304 »

As far as the expensive clothing, shoes, and purses...she did mention in a video that she likes to look for good deals whether that's in store or on Ebay. Yes they may be expensive designers but it does not mean she always pays the expensive designer price.

Aniai
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Aniai »

I just stopped by Altantic-Pacific's website and saw this pic which looks similar to wendy's latest look on her blog. She sure does take inspirations from her. Image

Nakedjaxx
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Nakedjaxx »

Wendy has extremely expensive taste. Just look at all her new handbags and shoes she post everyday.

I like Wendy's style!

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by imnotfatimbigboned »

I absolutely love her style, her blog and her videos. However, I have a hard time replicating most of her outfit ideas. Basics like jeans and a top are feasible but when she posts these fluffy skirts, very glitzy items and fancy dresses finding something budget friendly that is comparable is quite difficult. Forget about trying to afford all of her designer handbags too. Yes you can just use the colors as the guide but the effect isn't quite as chic IMO. Even when she provides "similar here" suggestions it is still a $400 pair of heels that you can only find online=bad for my credit card. :o I still check out her blog once in a while but for realistic budget friendly style inspiration I go to Pinterest ALOT more. BTW, I am positive she gets a lot of her goodies for FREE from companies and designers. That is partially how she can afford all of it. When it comes right down to it, I don't think budget friendly is on her agenda at all. She should try doing a few budget friendly posts I would actually respect her more. Not everyone is making huge dough in this world.

Return to “U-Z”