Carrie Hopeless Fletcher part 3

Silent Q
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Carrie Hopeless Fletcher part 3

Post by Silent Q »

Scraps-Of-Adventure wrote:Her zoo vlog is disgusting, I can't believe she's that uneducated.

Also in the comments she liked a comment that said she should bring oliver to disney PLEASE NO, I wouldn't watch these vlogs if I was paid
I can’t bear to sit through her vlogs anymore, can you give a rundown of what she said in it?

coffelatte
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by coffelatte »

I'm so done with Oliver, Carrie if you are dating him, good for you but please, please, please stop throwing him in our face (she even added a follow Oliver in her description, just him) I'm curious what's going to happen when this tour is over and she has no excuses to be with Oliver 24/7, are her blogs gonna get better? Or is she finally gonna accept she is dating him so he can be in her vlogs?

At this points is not even her vlogs anymore is the Oliver show ft camera girl Carrie Fletcher.
-english is not my first language-

HippoFriend
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HippoFriend »

As if Oliver is going to spend time with her after tour. :roll:

I got a conspiracy theory about the whole stage door thing because I can't wrap my head around why she would go on about it so often: Maybe she was told by her management to stop doing those "free" Meet & Greets since noone would pay for them anymore, if you could just come to stage door. (I'm a theatre noob but you wouldn't even need a ticket for the show to be there, right?) Maybe noone came to her book signings?

Scram-im-reading
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Scram-im-reading »

coffelatte wrote:I'm so done with Oliver, Carrie if you are dating him, good for you but please, please, please stop throwing him in our face (she even added a follow Oliver in her description, just him) I'm curious what's going to happen when this tour is over and she has no excuses to be with Oliver 24/7, are her blogs gonna get better? Or is she finally gonna accept she is dating him so he can be in her vlogs?

At this points is not even her vlogs anymore is the Oliver show ft camera girl Carrie Fletcher.
Totally agree. I'm so excited to see what's going to happen on or past December 3. I miss her discussion videos. I miss her good theatre blogs that wasn't spending half the video focused on one other person that wasn't her. I miss it when she was thought provoking. I remember maybe a month ago or so, I was watching one of her theatre vlogs and for the first 9 and a half minutes, all it was, was Oliver and her in a store, camera completely focused on him the whole time I believe, just talking about board games. It was one of the most boring things I've ever watched. I couldn't stand watching anymore when it got to about 5 of those 9 minutes and I skipped through to find out that it spend those first 9 minutes on Oliver rambling about stupid shit that wasn't entertaining or even interesting in the slightest. She needs to do some kind of backtracking or overall to what she's been doing most of this year. Most of it is so boring.

It really baffles me how she started slacking this year in putting out videos (of anything) compared to any other year. Before she was in Addams, she was still just as busy as this year. Even when she was on tour with chitty. Somehow she always had time to put out some kind of video at least once a week, if not twice. But this year it seems like something is taking up that spare time that she used to have. Maybe she's just stopped over working herself as much as she used to but I think it's something else.

Jojoloves
Learner
Learner

Post by Jojoloves »

It no longer pays

paintmedance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paintmedance »

Scram-im-reading wrote:
coffelatte wrote:I'm so done with Oliver, Carrie if you are dating him, good for you but please, please, please stop throwing him in our face (she even added a follow Oliver in her description, just him) I'm curious what's going to happen when this tour is over and she has no excuses to be with Oliver 24/7, are her blogs gonna get better? Or is she finally gonna accept she is dating him so he can be in her vlogs?

Totally agree. I'm so excited to see what's going to happen on or past December 3. I miss her discussion videos. I miss her good theatre blogs that wasn't spending half the video focused on one other person that wasn't her. I miss it when she was thought provoking. I remember maybe a month ago or so, I was watching one of her theatre vlogs and for the first 9 and a half minutes, all it was, was Oliver and her in a store, camera completely focused on him the whole time I believe, just talking about board games. It was one of the most boring things I've ever watched. I couldn't stand watching anymore when it got to about 5 of those 9 minutes and I skipped through to find out that it spend those first 9 minutes on Oliver rambling about stupid shit that wasn't entertaining or even interesting in the slightest. She needs to do some kind of backtracking or overall to what she's been doing most of this year. Most of it is so boring.

It really baffles me how she started slacking this year in putting out videos (of anything) compared to any other year. Before she was in Addams, she was still just as busy as this year. Even when she was on tour with chitty. Somehow she always had time to put out some kind of video at least once a week, if not twice. But this year it seems like something is taking up that spare time that she used to have. Maybe she's just stopped over working herself as much as she used to but I think it's something else.
I couldn't agree more. As well as boring me to death, her vlogs make me feel uncomfortable - they almost make me feel like I'm dating Oliver. She just fixates the camera on him for the whole time. I'm on Carrie's channel to see Carrie. And it's all about showing off how close they are and their own little in-jokes - probably fascinating for her, but incredibly meaningless and boring to everyone else.

videostar
Debater
Debater

Post by videostar »

inkspells wrote:Wow! I accidentally unsubscribed to this forum. Thought it just was dead. Checked it out and I have missed so much! Man. But anyways. Carrie needs to stop being so rude to her fans! If I was a young fan I would be so pissed on how she is treating people who are just asking her questions!

Also she looks so old in that photo and a bit like a more glam susan boyle from the angle. Its so bad carrie! How could you think that is a good promo pic?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
I don't think it's necessarily a bad photo itself, but the green-purple gradient over it and the amateur logo design that's covering her chin just makes it look like an awkward and rushed job.

Silent Q
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Silent Q »

videostar wrote:
inkspells wrote:Wow! I accidentally unsubscribed to this forum. Thought it just was dead. Checked it out and I have missed so much! Man. But anyways. Carrie needs to stop being so rude to her fans! If I was a young fan I would be so pissed on how she is treating people who are just asking her questions!

Also she looks so old in that photo and a bit like a more glam susan boyle from the angle. Its so bad carrie! How could you think that is a good promo pic?

I don't think it's necessarily a bad photo itself, but the green-purple gradient over it and the amateur logo design that's covering her chin just makes it look like an awkward and rushed job.
And the fact that “Square” was misspelled in the first one she posted... Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good_Bake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Good_Bake »

Silent Q wrote:
videostar wrote:

She looks like she's straining... constipated Carrie?

Jojoloves
Learner
Learner

Post by Jojoloves »

I heard her song she just posted, it isnt bad. lol A bit too long for my taste

Silent Q
Gossiper
Gossiper

Carrie Hopeless Fletcher part 3

Post by Silent Q »

https://youtu.be/92UpSoKuqAM

The song isn’t particularly great or memorable but it would probably come across better if it was a child up there flouncing and pouting instead of Carrie. I cringed hard at the babytalk she did.

The song was a great key for her voice range though and other than the babytalk (Image) her voice sounded really good.

It looked like an audience of adults but the song is so juvenile... what age demographic is “The Christmasaurus” aimed at exactly?
Last edited by Silent Q on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silent Q
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Silent Q »

Sorry for the double post but I watched/skipped through some of her vlog where she was at Universal Studios. I stopped watching after the literally 30 second shot of Oliver just eating a corn dog.

Pete really annoyed me sometimes but I didn’t mind her vlogs with him as much as the ones with Oliver. Same with Alex Day. I think someone else here summed it up pretty well - her vlogs now are just shots of Oliver for 12 minutes. Her vlogs with her other boys were always about THEIR experience TOGETHER, not her documenting HIS experience, you know?

And like is Oliver eating a corn dog really that interesting to her that she’d think other people would care?? Oh honey...

Mazement
Learner
Learner

Post by Mazement »

I agree about Oliver, particularly with the person who said that it feels uncomfortable because it's like we're the ones dating him; that was spot on I think.

I'm wondering if I'm the only one who's beginning to think that it's also starting to bother him?

Like that corndog thing..I feel like he was gonna make some kind of joke and then just gave up.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

lucyrg9501
Debater
Debater

Post by lucyrg9501 »

Silent Q wrote:https://youtu.be/92UpSoKuqAM

The song isn’t particularly great or memorable but it would probably come across better if it was a child up there flouncing and pouting instead of Carrie. I cringed hard at the babytalk she did.

The song was a great key for her voice range though and other than the babytalk (Image) her voice sounded really good.

It looked like an audience of adults but the song is so juvenile... what age demographic is “The Christmasaurus” aimed at exactly?
it’s a children’s book (hi tom fletcher stan here lmao) and the song she’s singing is for the character Brenda, a schoolgirl who’s the ‘bully’ in the book, so I can see why you’d think it’d be better a child singing it, I am curious how it’s going to work in the musical because Giovanna (her sister in law) is playing her mum so I don’t know if that’s going to look a bit weird haha

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by holly golightly »

I'm a bit torn with what has been shown of the the Christmasaurus. I mean, on the one hand if all that orchestration is Tom's work then bravo, I don't know why he hasn't already had a musical produced from his work before.

But I don't know, I feel like it's a little tonally dissonant somehow? The story is meant for children but I can't imagine a child singing along with the songs they've played so far, Carrie's song jumps around all over the place and some parts are almost Hamilton level wordy. It sounds hard going even for a trained adult singer, let alone a child. The lyrics are clever but like someone said above they're quite juvenile and it just doesn't fit with the music. It's like someone meshed lyrics from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory with the orchestrations from Wicked. It's the kind of thing I appreciate as an adult but I feel like if I was a kid the fast lyrics and intricate orchestrations would just go right over my head.

I wonder if Tom had the music all ready to go for a different musical but then decided to capitalise on the success of his children's book and changed the lyrics to fit with it.

lucyrg9501
Debater
Debater

Post by lucyrg9501 »

holly golightly wrote:I'm a bit torn with what has been shown of the the Christmasaurus. I mean, on the one hand if all that orchestration is Tom's work then bravo, I don't know why he hasn't already had a musical produced from his work before.

But I don't know, I feel like it's a little tonally dissonant somehow? The story is meant for children but I can't imagine a child singing along with the songs they've played so far, Carrie's song jumps around all over the place and some parts are almost Hamilton level wordy. It sounds hard going even for a trained adult singer, let alone a child. The lyrics are clever but like someone said above they're quite juvenile and it just doesn't fit with the music. It's like someone meshed lyrics from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory with the orchestrations from Wicked. It's the kind of thing I appreciate as an adult but I feel like if I was a kid the fast lyrics and intricate orchestrations would just go right over my head.

I wonder if Tom had the music all ready to go for a different musical but then decided to capitalise on the success of his children's book and changed the lyrics to fit with it.
He originally wrote one of the songs before he even wrote the book and that’s how the christmasaurus book came to be so I don’t think he changed anything to fit with it. I agree that the musical would be more enjoyed by an adult rather than a child and then vice versa with the book. I’m 22 and I read the book because like I said I’ve been a huge McFLY fan since I was like 8 lol but it’s definitely a children’s book. I probably won’t read it again but I am really enjoying most of the songs apart from Carries actually hahaha but that might be because her voice is so powerful and loud it kind of grates on me after a while if that even makes sense

Storm Dust
Talker
Talker

Post by Storm Dust »

How awkward is that Pete is commenting "" on her IG photo? Does he not realize she is not following him anymore or maybe I'm missing something

paintmedance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paintmedance »

Silent Q wrote:
videostar wrote:

Yeah it's not great. The "Carrie" isn't even centred in the box, and all of the type is different weights and different spacing and different levels of condensed - it's very sloppy, not to mention hard to read.

book_queen
Talker
Talker

Post by book_queen »

Storm Dust wrote:How awkward is that Pete is commenting "ImageImageImage" on her IG photo? Does he not realize she is not following him anymore Image or maybe I'm missing something
they're purple hearts so probably meant for support more than anything. even though they're not together he probably knows that she really loved this role (god knows why- the whole show was really bd and pitchy imo) and is offering support

swatgirl777
Talker
Talker

Post by swatgirl777 »

I'm really curious to see what she will do moving forward? I enjoyed the theater videos (when like many others have already stated) Oliver wasn't all over them.

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”