LaFleche
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Carrie Hopeless Fletcher part 3

Post by LaFleche »

Couldn't love the thread title more.
Not a native English speaker, thank you.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

I can picture a On the other side parody where Carrie (sorry, Evie) cries: but I'm a hopeless!

helia
Informer
Informer

Post by helia »

I'd love to see her do more backstage style videos. What she does is kind of the only thing that really singles her out from other YouTubers and she should take advantage of that.

LaFleche
Informer
Informer

Post by LaFleche »

I'm not even sure that it'd be that interesting after quitting Les Mis which is of course a major production everybody knows. I personally have absolutely no interest in seeing her dragging her childishly red suitcase (it was red, wasn't it?) into elevators and hotel rooms before heading on to the next show in one of her even uglier dresses. I really started to almost hate her in the last months. I used to like her and her videos so much, back then when she was a girl with a sincere smile on her face and a mug in her hand, sitting in front of a bookcase and talking, laughing, smiling. I miss her old self, but I just can't stand her these days.
Not a native English speaker, thank you.

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

Any guesses as to what her next job will be?

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

Let's see... In which other shows has she previously starred as a kid? :tu:

Post by Guest »

Urgh all her fans telling Disney to cast her as a princess even more now because she voiced a troll in that new film. 2 lines!!! She is a terrible role model for younger people and there's so many better singers and voice actors out there.

Missimars_
Learner
Learner

Post by Missimars_ »

penguins
Talker
Talker

Post by penguins »

Love the title

flowerchild250
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by flowerchild250 »

kofi wrote:Let's see... In which other shows has she previously starred as a kid? :tu:
She was in Mary Poppins so that's my first guess for her new job

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

disney+cake
Learner
Learner

Post by disney+cake »

flowerchild250 wrote:
kofi wrote:Let's see... In which other shows has she previously starred as a kid? :tu:

I think somebody asked her that on twitter and she said that she isn't in that (yet)

flowerchild250
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by flowerchild250 »

disney+cake wrote:
flowerchild250 wrote:

I think somebody asked her that on twitter and she said that she isn't in that (yet)
Ah sorry hadn't seen that! :)

penguins
Talker
Talker

Post by penguins »

I know the OP is a dickhead, but why does Carrie insist on replying to negative comments and ignore the positives?
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

The OP seems really young too. I think Carrie should chill and focus on positive comments instead. She said herself she struggles with criticism. Not replying to hate is a good way to start coping with her fear of criticism.

Ellie1003
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Ellie1003 »

penguins wrote:I know the OP is a dickhead, but why does Carrie insist on replying to negative comments and ignore the positives?
Capture.JPG

Haha! I'm an English teacher and if I was to be telling any of my classes to watch her channel it would be to show them how NOT to write/speak/deliver!

videostar
Debater
Debater

Post by videostar »

Of course the way On The Other Side is written was inspired by musicals. :roll:

Post by Guest »

Kicking off on her twitter about her cover of Burn and how she should't have covered it. She's gone as far as to unlist it now. It's like she enjoys the drama and the sympathy. She always, always without fail makes these type of situations worse for herself because she can't help being so passive aggressive. She will never learn. :roll:

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

Tbh the criticism wasn't even that much of a deal. Most negative comments were directed towards hopefuls who were all like: omg Carrie you are perfection!!! Star in Hamilton already!!!
Commenters rightfully said that the role was created for a woman of color. I didn't see many comments hating Carrie for making a cover.

helia
Informer
Informer

Post by helia »

I can see both sides of the argument here. On the one hand, Hamilton is not about the music itself, it's about celebrating diversity and allowing only non-white people to star in the actual show for that very reason. Therefore, the songs themselves are almost separate from that. 'Burn' has nothing to do with racial struggles, it's just a song about relationships that can be sung by anyone out of the context of the show.

On the other hand, it could seem like a case of non-white people finally having something of their own that can't be taken away from them, only for a white person to come and try to take it over and make it not about POCs any more. Additionally, I can see why it might seem she was hinting at the casting directors of Hamilton to cast her as Eliza, as she uploaded a cover of On My Own and eventually ended up playing Eponine. I even saw it as an unofficial audition to begin with, and only Carrie herself can ever know what it was really meant to be. That said, as long as she isn't vying for the role, no one can really say she's not allowed to sing it. I agree it was probably just the young, over-hyped fans that kept saying "YOU SHOULD BE IN IT IN THE WEST END" that caused all the angry comments, and Carrie failed to recognise that they weren't directed at her covering the song but at the thought of her playing the role in the show. As a musical theatre actress, she does run that danger of people assuming she's aiming for that role.

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”