Stella Rae

noodlebean69
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Stella Rae

Post by noodlebean69 »

i noticed she didn't have a thread here and i've liked watching her for a while. however she recently has been in LA and her channel is going downhill fast lmao

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Stella Rae

Post by peanutella »

She tries way too hard to be edgy imo. I find her annoying.
Non.

horcrux_dr
Talker
Talker

Post by horcrux_dr »

I watched a few of her videos and they are they terribly made and edited. She is so annoying and I don't how anyone can stand to watch her. How many fucking times can you say "lit" and show your huge face from ugly angles and call it a vlog?

starlalight
Debater
Debater

Post by starlalight »

horcrux_dr wrote:I watched a few of her videos and they are they terribly made and edited. She is so annoying and I don't how anyone can stand to watch her. How many fucking times can you say "lit" and show your huge face from ugly angles and call it a vlog?
She was definitely over doing it with the "lit" thing, but has thankfully since stopped and tried to get others to stop saying it. https://www.instagram.com/p/BH0HqJkhcVl ... araebackup The post says:
"PSA PSA PSA

I'm killing the word LIT.
I'm giving it the proper burial it
deserves. I brought this word to life but
now I'm sending it to the next one. Pls
do not use the word LIT anymore.

riplit
#riplit"

That is from her backup account.

I used to find her really annoying, but she seems to have stopped trying too hard and is more relaxed in her videos. She still bothers me sometimes, but much less than she used to.

bbrootal
Learner
Learner

Post by bbrootal »

I used to like her maybe a year ago, when she was still doing the "normal beauty guru" stuff. I wouldn't mind the occasional vlog or a veganism video, but I feel like there's no variety anymore, all of her videos are the same, her saying lit or yelling to CARB THE FUCK UP. I also sometimes get the vibe that she thinks she's above everybody, because she is so """"spiritual""". IDK I just don't find this whole spiel entertaining so I unsubbed. :?

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

horcrux_dr wrote:I watched a few of her videos and they are they terribly made and edited. She is so annoying and I don't how anyone can stand to watch her. How many fucking times can you say "lit" and show your huge face from ugly angles and call it a vlog?
Her slang is what immediately turned me off to her. And I agree her channel is very one note and her content is lazy as hell.

bitchchan
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bitchchan »

i find her annoying too. she's kissing freelee's ass & it's so embarassing lol

ellogx
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ellogx »

I used to like her but her whole LA obsession really started getting annoying. I'm an la native and she reeks of desperation as do most youtubers who move here. I think she definitely thinks she's above people and the other youtubers she's surrounded herself with confirm that to me.

purple579
Debater
Debater

Post by purple579 »

I actually like her a lot, I find her pretty down to earth and funny most of the time. She seems like someone who would be fun to hang out with. However, I do think the LA thing is too much. All the vegan youtubers there are way too into filming their lives obsessively and it seems completely over the top. Her vlogs with Willie and the whole "open relationship" thing was unbearable to watch. I like Sonia too but I think they are extremely naive. I don't know how they're going to afford living in LA and I think they're kidding themselves if they think it's all going to be sunshine and vegan food. They're only 18 and have only lived at home with their parents so it's understandable but their naivete really shows sometimes. They really talk up LA like it's some magical place. I'm interested to see how this plays out.

SweetTea
Talker
Talker

Post by SweetTea »

So it didn't take long for her and Sonia's friendship to crumble. Her whole "our side of the story" video with Clair and Cami seemed so petty, like they were just doing it to clear their names because all of the comments on Sonia's storytime were so negative towards them

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

^ It was gross because it feels very three against one. And saying they thought she was going to hurt herself was too much. They sound like they were just annoyed she overreacted and ruined their fun to be honest. Claire seems like a bitch so I'm not surprised, I remember reading her tumblr and it was very "I was way more smart and creative than the other idiots I went to high school with".

And why does Stella say she moved to LA? Isn't she just freeloading on peoples' couches?

purple579
Debater
Debater

Post by purple579 »

I feel so bad for Sonia. Everyone has a different side of the story but the fact of the matter was that she was left alone and had a panic attack and her feelings were invalidated by the others...in a YT video which makes it even worse. If stella was a real friend she should have talked to sonia one on one, not made a video. Now she's deleting negative comments. What a fake. Claire is even worse, she gives me the worst vibes. Even worse is that they said such rude things like how she was possessed, saying she might hurt someone...Like really? That's your friend, or so you said.

I also don't get why stella's saying she moved to LA when she's just couch surfing...I predict Sonia will stay in WA now, she has BF there and I wouldn't want to move in with someone who put me on blast like that without any regard for my feelings.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

^ The deleting comments is so pathetic. I just cannot believe how out of touch and unself-aware some people are. In the real world you can't just delete everything that isn't praise. Honestly a lot of these "positive vibes" youtubers just come across as super self centered and selfish, they're all full of shit.

She clearly thought that video would be fine to put up and everyone would side with her, it's delusional. People like her need to realize that when everyone is telling you you're wrong, guess what? You're fucking wrong lol.

justahuman
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by justahuman »

I love how all three of them were trying to bounce off of each other to seem convincing lol. How hard is it to say sorry instead of making sonia seem like she was overreacting and killing their high. I really don't like claire she comes off as a stuck up bitch and I feel like she tries to be like stella a lot. And if it was only 30 mins like claire said sonia probably wouldn't have called the police which makes me feel like it was a lie. They should have at least given her the car keys to go sit in it instead of being out in the dark all alone.
Saved the comment before stella deleted it. Cami also replied to it but it was just the same crap she said in the video.

slicker
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by slicker »

Poor Sonia.

Stella used to have some likable qualities but being in LA has turned her into quite the egomaniac. I just don't get how someone can incessantly appropriate urban slang whilst screaming 'be yourself'. Their uptalk makes it impossible to get through one video. Especially when her and Claire are together. It gives me the vibe of two stoners having a bunch of meaningless epiphanies and swearing they're sooooo deep.

And all that vegan junkfood is going to her face, arms and tummy. This 'high carb' trend is truly dangerous.

purple579
Debater
Debater

Post by purple579 »

The fact that she deleted yesterday's video and reuploaded the vlog footage, plus disabled comments, shows me she's fake as hell. I unsubscribed, I was getting really sick of watching two privileged as hell white girls preach about how positivity will make your life amazing and how to follow your dreams and quit your real job if you hate it, despite the fact they've never had to work for their living. Over it. They think they're so deep but the reality is they're shallow and sheltered as hell.

SweetTea
Talker
Talker

Post by SweetTea »

I don't wanna sound petty but like... what made her think this was a good look :rofl:

Personperson123
Informer
Informer

Post by Personperson123 »

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who dislikes her. I'm sick of her stupid fake unrealistic positivity. On tumblr she encourages not going to school and travelling the world and when people call her out by saying that of course she thinks this way she's a youtuber and gets paid to do this stuff she says that people have been travelling the world even before youtube. like yeah, but YOU NEED MONEY TO TRAVEL AND CHANCES ARE IF YOU DON'T GO TO COLLEGE YOU WON'T FIND A HIGH PAYING JOB! Her whole "you create your own reality" makes her sound so delusional and privileged I had to unsubscribe.

bbrootal
Learner
Learner

Post by bbrootal »

Can someone please recap the whole situation for me? The videos have apparently been deleted and I haven't seen any. Stella basically ditched Sonia for her "cool" LA friends? Wow, even though they both sometimes seem self centred and hard to be around, I really thought Stella had Sonia's back, guess not. :|

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

^ It was over her calling the cops when they went to those caves in Laguna. Sonia didn't want to go so she waited on the beach with their stuff (so no one had a phone). It got dark, she got worried and called the cops. They eventually came back and she was really upset and having a panic attack, but it seemed like they were still on a high from the experience and were kind of annoyed with her (they told her they were annoyed she left their stuff on the beach). So Sonia made a video about the experience, and then Stella, Cami, and Claire filmed a clip telling their side, and they basically dismissed her feelings and acted like she was overreacting. They also went on to say they thought she looked possessed and they thought she was going to hurt herself. Everyone in the commented called Stella out for being a selfish bad friend so she started deleting the comments and eventually just deleted the video.

I don't think Stella ditched her (Sonia went back to Washington for a family thing maybe?) but Claire is a grade A bitch and I seems like the kind of person who doesn't want to include everyone so I wouldn't blame Sonia if she felt that way.

Return to “P-U”