TheSorryGirls

sororitygirl123
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: TheSorryGirls

Post by sororitygirl123 »

As they do this upgrade my stays and style selects I think it's clear they only know how to design boho/vintages spaces. Allegra's studio (the newest video) did not fit her vibe or personality at all. Nothing looked minimalist and modern. And that bathroom. I'm pretty sure she said she doesn't like colour and then they paint the bathroom. Thank god Kelsey's bathroom design wasn't picked.

secretumbrella96
Informer
Informer

Post by secretumbrella96 »

sororitygirl123 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:31 am
As they do this upgrade my stays and style selects I think it's clear they only know how to design boho/vintages spaces. Allegra's studio (the newest video) did not fit her vibe or personality at all. Nothing looked minimalist and modern. And that bathroom. I'm pretty sure she said she doesn't like colour and then they paint the bathroom. Thank god Kelsey's bathroom design wasn't picked.
They REALLY love warm tone peaches and oranges. Exhibit A: Becky's bedroom is all warm shades of orange and browns.

The bathroom wall color looks ugly and honestly made the room look cramped. The tub color isn't doing any favors since it looks like the rust orange is competing with the peach walls. Most of her studio was white and bright and painting that room peach made it look... dirty?

Not sure if anyone watched it, but they addressed some of the Allegra Style Selected questions in their IG Live today. I didn't watch much of it. It seems lile they hopped on there to defend their process and design. Kelsey had this attitude that made it unbearable. That's just my interpretation for the 2 minutes I tuned in.

sororitygirl123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sororitygirl123 »

secretumbrella96 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:24 pm
sororitygirl123 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:31 am
They REALLY love warm tone peaches and oranges. Exhibit A: Becky's bedroom is all warm shades of orange and browns.

The bathroom wall color looks ugly and honestly made the room look cramped. The tub color isn't doing any favors since it looks like the rust orange is competing with the peach walls. Most of her studio was white and bright and painting that room peach made it look... dirty?

Not sure if anyone watched it, but they addressed some of the Allegra Style Selected questions in their IG Live today. I didn't watch much of it. It seems lile they hopped on there to defend their process and design. Kelsey had this attitude that made it unbearable. That's just my interpretation for the 2 minutes I tuned in.
I watched it and honestly it turned me off them a bit. Up until now I have enjoyed most of their content.

But the IG Live showed them acting disingenuous and entitled. At one point they were laughing at the viewers for thinking it wasn't staged/acted out. They acted like every suggestion was impossible to do and really just wanted their followers to fawn over them.

Maybe
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by Maybe »

Totally agree about the bathroom paint color. It seems so disconnected to go with that warm peach color when the studio space is white. To me the finished bathroom looks more like a "before" photo in a makeover, that warm peach plus the warm bulbs looks like such a dirty and outdated bathroom. Should've gone with an icy or silvery baby pink.

blerpdoop
Lurker
Lurker

Post by blerpdoop »

The way Kelsey says “casa” in their new upgrade my stay makes me cringe so hard 😭

Maybe
Learner
Learner

Post by Maybe »

blerpdoop wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:29 pm
The way Kelsey says “casa” in their new upgrade my stay makes me cringe so hard 😭
that and scheme 😬

lastsupper
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by lastsupper »

Man, it really bugs me that they make the occasional video about sustainability and ethical purchasing and yet still do makeover purchases on Wayfair and Amazon. Sewing a bag for a reusable straw or occasionally buying bulk is all fine and dandy, but they really love to pick and choose when their ethics apply to their actions.

Penguinlalala19
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Penguinlalala19 »

I never really post on here, but Ive been watching them over the years and I'm just wondering does anyone ever get the feeling that they kinda don't like each other as much?, like not as friendly-friends as they used to be? maybe the business element has taken over things a bit.
Would they thrive better doing their own thing? (evident while they were doing their own house diys)

Who knows, maybe the new work space will be a catalyst for something positive!

danny-devito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by danny-devito »

Penguinlalala19 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:41 am
I never really post on here, but Ive been watching them over the years and I'm just wondering does anyone ever get the feeling that they kinda don't like each other as much?, like not as friendly-friends as they used to be? maybe the business element has taken over things a bit.
Would they thrive better doing their own thing? (evident while they were doing their own house diys)

Who knows, maybe the new work space will be a catalyst for something positive!
yeah, it's been discussed on and off here. the two of them used to be really close (i believe they used to market themselves as college best friends?), they lived together, and used to hang out all the time. in the last like 2 years or so even before covid, any time they vlogged they were never hanging out together. and i get it, when you work with someone every day of the week you probably don't want to spend any additional time together, but idk. a bunch of people have pointed out moments in videos where the two of them seemed really passive-aggressive towards one another. i definitely think their business had an impact on their friendship (along with other stuff like kelsey living in the loft where they worked and becky getting married), but maybe their new space and more time alone because of the pandemic will have a positive impact on their working relationship and dynamic. not to diminish their success on youtube, but they're not wildly popular, and i don't know if either of them could reach nearly the same level of success if they ever "broke up" and did their own things full-time.

Cabmcconnell
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Cabmcconnell »

You guys I’m so glad I found this page to say this, I can not stand Becky, she seems like such a huge bitch and I’m also convinced she not so low key hates Kelsey. I wish it was just a channel of Kelsey.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

Becky always seems like a guest on the channel, while Kelsey does all the work. Kelsey admitted to being a type A but she also just seems more invested in the channel than Becky is. I also don't get why Becky changes something in her house like every week. Like girl, chill.

gm1234567
Stalker
Stalker

Post by gm1234567 »

I never post here but after watching their latest video I had to come on here and clearly you guys feel the same! Lately Becky gives off such a mean girl vibe and she's always throwing shade at Kelsey. It's becoming very awkward to watch. I wonder if something happened there?

I also find it surprising to read that viewers actually prefer Becky's style over Kelsey's, I feel like Becky's always painting everything terracotta/brown/orange/peachy and everything just looks like one big cramped boho blob, especially her own house. The boho look is becoming quite cheap to me. I don't always love Kelsey's style either but loved what she did with her bathroom, even though it's in a creepy cellar.

RoseyDough
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by RoseyDough »

gm1234567 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:50 am
I never post here but after watching their latest video I had to come on here and clearly you guys feel the same! Lately Becky gives off such a mean girl vibe and she's always throwing shade at Kelsey. It's becoming very awkward to watch. I wonder if something happened there?

I also find it surprising to read that viewers actually prefer Becky's style over Kelsey's, I feel like Becky's always painting everything terracotta/brown/orange/peachy and everything just looks like one big cramped boho blob, especially her own house. The boho look is becoming quite cheap to me. I don't always love Kelsey's style either but loved what she did with her bathroom, even though it's in a creepy cellar.
I actually get more mean girl vibes from Kelsey as oppose to Becky. Kelsey always seems to be the one being shady or at least more than Becky. Case in point that Upgrade My Stay video with the "picky" owner who wasn't even picky.

randall
Stalker
Stalker

Post by randall »

Thoroughly enjoyed the TV frame video from Becky. But my god did I sadcringe at Becky deciding to undertake the whole thing at the behest of a few people poking fun at her old TV... lmao... 😬

Satan Apparently
Learner
Learner

Post by Satan Apparently »

randall wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:54 am
Thoroughly enjoyed the TV frame video from Becky. But my god did I sadcringe at Becky deciding to undertake the whole thing at the behest of a few people poking fun at her old TV... lmao... 😬
Add to that the huge miss that is that faux fireplace surround thing. She was so intent on making it look big and grand that it just wound up cheap and unfinished. What was the obsession with those ceramic fireplace balls? They looked like a sketchy grapefruit display at Sobey’s. I know she did that plaster spackle treatment on it, but you can’t see anything.

Too bad Article doesn’t do TVs...the only way she’d upgrade it.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

Becky's new hair in her IG stories...not a fan.

hanban96
Stalker
Stalker

Post by hanban96 »

I just watched some of the later "Making Home" videos. Idk something seems a bit off, Kelsey's personality is just getting more and more annoying and trying too hard to be basic and I even rolled my eyes at one point during one episode

tehpretty
Learner
Learner

Post by tehpretty »

Just watched the new Making Home episode about Kelsey's strange little toilet room... did she and her boyfriend break up? When she talked about using a bidet in a house she "used to live in," I assumed it was his.

Fernbaby
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Fernbaby »

tehpretty wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:37 pm
Just watched the new Making Home episode about Kelsey's strange little toilet room... did she and her boyfriend break up? When she talked about using a bidet in a house she "used to live in," I assumed it was his.
Omg this is why I came here! The way she was speaking, they must have split. Was she hinting that she will be expecting gentlemen callers there ;) ?? I dont have an opinion on it but I always feel unsatisfied when relationship changes are hinted at but not revealed lol.

The last I can remember of them together is when Kelsey was staying at his house and working from home during the first covid lockdown?

I always liked how she was doing her house for herself, I respect that.

People were going wild about the colour of the walls but I kinda got the vibe she was going for, and I do think if she gets some cool wallpaper, it will make sense in there.

Ciaokitty
Learner
Learner

Post by Ciaokitty »

I actually like that makeover. t looks completely different when the last bathroom makeovers, they are not repetitive. And it has a classy vibe instead of going with interior trends which will go out of fashion soon.

Return to “N-Z”