Has thanked: 0

Re: TheSorryGirls

Post by makemeasquare »

sororitygirl123 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:10 pm
makemeasquare wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:05 pm
What. Dorm. Has. A. Fireplace.

Honestly, ngl, I really like their channel. Their DIYS feel more accessible to me. Even if sometimes they miss the mark and make some truly heinously ugly things.
That's a dorm at Uoft- victoria campus. Won't say the name of the dorm but all the older ones had a few extra large rooms that had fireplaces. They don't work, but they are a great addition.

Funny enough I'm pretty sure that was my old dorm room when I went there.
Ahhh. I went to U of T as a grad student but you don't really end up in the dorms, aside from maybe Grad House.

PisaLisa
Informer
Informer

Post by PisaLisa »

Anyone see them the other day on Strahan and Sara? I have been enjoying their vlogs on the sorry life but i think since they work so much together they aren't really bbfs anymore anytime in the vlogs with their daily lives becky is with austin and friends and Kelsey is with her bf and family or a group of gfs. I get people grow and grow apart but weird they never do anything but work together.

secretumbrella96
Informer
Informer

Post by secretumbrella96 »

PisaLisa wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:41 pm
Anyone see them the other day on Strahan and Sara? I have been enjoying their vlogs on the sorry life but i think since they work so much together they aren't really bbfs anymore anytime in the vlogs with their daily lives becky is with austin and friends and Kelsey is with her bf and family or a group of gfs. I get people grow and grow apart but weird they never do anything but work together.
I also find it off but it kinda makes sense. They spend so much time together at work, that they prob want to hang out with other people besides each other. And probably vlog their "other life" because they think it will add more variety. Instead of just Kelsey and Becky 24/7 on the vlogs.

Now that you mentioned it, I can't remember the last time they did something together as BFFs that wasn't Youtube related. Even the loft parties (aka Harry Potter or their loft housewarming) were purely for Youtube. You see them hanging out more with their employees than each other. Becky went to a concert in NY with Daniella. Kelsey went to a indie film with Daniella too. Granted, I'm overanalyzing the small details here.

PisaLisa
Informer
Informer

Post by PisaLisa »

secretumbrella96 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:07 pm
PisaLisa wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:41 pm
I also find it off but it kinda makes sense. They spend so much time together at work, that they prob want to hang out with other people besides each other. And probably vlog their "other life" because they think it will add more variety. Instead of just Kelsey and Becky 24/7 on the vlogs.

Now that you mentioned it, I can't remember the last time they did something together as BFFs that wasn't Youtube related. Even the loft parties (aka Harry Potter or their loft housewarming) were purely for Youtube. You see them hanging out more with their employees than each other. Becky went to a concert in NY with Daniella. Kelsey went to a indie film with Daniella too. Granted, I'm overanalyzing the small details here.
Yeah, that's true they work together all the time but it would be nice once in awhile to see them do something together not work related. In the beginning becky, austin, kelsey and her previous bf brian? use to all go up to austin or beckys family cottage. i see when kelsey was single for awhile but now she has a relationship you'd think they'd double like before but maybe because kelseys new bf doesn't really want his face shown that's why.

I see that a lot too, they hang out with Danielle or Claire a lot but not each other.

luciakitty
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by luciakitty »

i know this thread is dead but am i the only one who thinks all of the rooms they design look the same? like the same grey/beige/blush/white sometimes with a hint of blue thrown in and the lame boho styling. there's no personality at all - it looks like an urban outfitters catalogue from 3 years ago decorated a lot of those spaces, not professionals.

Broodwich
Informer
Informer

Post by Broodwich »

I think they literally get all of their ideas from Pinterest.

Does anyone ever not pick Becky's design? I mean I've seen it it. But it's like on Love it or List It. They almost always love it. And they almost always choose Becky's design.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

isabella02
Learner
Learner

Post by isabella02 »

think becky is pregnant!

Fernbaby
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Fernbaby »

isabella02 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:20 am
think becky is pregnant!
I always think this but also feel bad for it. I know that it's just her body type - I have the same kind of shape too and look the same in my highwaist clothes but in the friends dorm video her body looked different. None of our business but I would love to see more family/baby/kids room/nursery content on there!!

makemeasquare
Informer
Informer

Post by makemeasquare »

She kinda looks pregnant in their paint-by-numbers video too but I've thought she was pregnant before and then realized it was shit posture plus highwaisted pants so what do I know.

tge_amalgam
Learner
Learner

Post by tge_amalgam »

Does anyone else hate seeing them hack up such gorgeous vintage dresses to make the plainest "trendy" shit?

Olympicfan19
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Olympicfan19 »

Prob gonna get called out on this, but I think Becky is preggo

Broodwich
Informer
Informer

Post by Broodwich »

Olympicfan19 wrote:Prob gonna get called out on this, but I think Becky is preggo
The person a few posts above you didn't get called out so I doubt you will.

PisaLisa
Informer
Informer

Post by PisaLisa »

I watched their vlog last week and they got a bunch of clothes from thredup and Becky got these black jersey overalls I thought were cute, so I looked them up to try to get myself a pair and they are maternity so not sure she's aware of that but I thought ti was funny with previous posts about her being pregnant. Her and Kelsey went on and on how comfy they are like pajama as fashion lol

sororitygirl123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sororitygirl123 »

I don't know why they insist on associating themselves with Niki and Gabi. They're pretty trashy and controversial. Plus Niki left dog shit on the carpet for them to see.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

I can't get over every single thing Becky's wearing in the spare room to walk-in closet video. What's with that hat?!!! and brown choker, and wrinkly ill-fitting clothes?

cheeringphil
Informer
Informer

Post by cheeringphil »

so kelsey bought a house and turning her upper level as a rental unit. thats cool and all, but still unsettled why she choose to sleep in the basement :/
su'udzon at its finest

makemeasquare
Informer
Informer

Post by makemeasquare »

I'm with you - maybe there were structural issues with putting a bathroom AND a kitchen in the basement, but I'd have the put the rental all the way down there. It's Toronto - you can still rent an ugly dank basement and still make a buck.

Bet that house was e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e tho.

ts12
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ts12 »

I do imagine that Kelsey's place will end up better than Becky's tacked together DIY house where she changes the design every two months and half asses everything.

skolsons
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by skolsons »

Whats the deal with kelseys boyfriend? Recent video says hes 40.

Maybe
Learner
Learner

Post by Maybe »

skolsons wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:41 pm
Whats the deal with kelseys boyfriend? Recent video says hes 40.
I believe she said in a podcast that she tends to date men that are older than her. She feels like she can learn more from them, knowledge wise, as oppose to a guy her age who she considers to be on the same level as her.

David has a very youthful voice but he definitely looks 40 though. You find out more about him in the podcast episode "meet my boyfriend" (i think that's the title?). They met when Kelsey used to intern at the place he worked at, which to me is very weird that that relationship turned romantic... Kind of like dating a professor years after you graduated.

Return to “N-Z”