AspynWorkaholicOvard - Part 12

Hellohiyesitsmee
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: AspynWorkaholicOvard - Part 12

Post by Hellohiyesitsmee »

I think someone already suggested it earlier in the thread, but I think "Aspynfauxvard" would make a good title considering nothing about her is genuine.

Anywho... I'm glad that they finally said something about Evan. I do understand not having the proper words or knowing what to say, however nobody here was saying they had to make a video. Simply tweeting the gofundme or posting it in their video descriptions would have sufficed and probably greatly helped out, while also showing that they weren't completely ignoring it on social media for whatever reason.

Oh, "shy and non confrontational" Aspyn... I had to giggle at that. Too "shy" to correct your masseuse in private for a service you paid for, but not too shy to complain about it for a solid 5 minutes to millions of people. Too "non confrontational" to correct him, yet not too non confrontational to @ people and companies on your twitter with thousands of followers when you don't agree or get your way?

My apologies in advance, this post is all over the place.

Orangealert
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Orangealert »

I just checked the gofundme and they've raised *a lot* of money for Evan in a short time. I think when the video went up it was at something like $8,000, less than a day later they're sitting at $35,000 and that's not including bracelet purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colacanth
Learner
Learner

Post by Colacanth »

There's a lot to criticize about Aspyn and Parker, but how they choose to publicly address their very ill friend's sickness is not one of them. If they had acted differently or sooner, this board would have readily accused them of using it to generate more views. The hesitation, in my opinion, was appropriate and justified. This is likely not an easy time for them and I am really willing to cut them a little bit of slack here...

squirtlessquad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by squirtlessquad »

Orangealert wrote:I just checked the gofundme and they've raised *a lot* of money for Evan in a short time. I think when the video went up it was at something like $8,000, less than a day later they're sitting at $35,000 and that's not including bracelet purchases.

It's at 16000 now...weird

yougottaregatta
Informer
Informer

Post by yougottaregatta »

FrecklesMcGhee wrote: Aspyn "Ugly-Dress-I-Hate.html" Ovard
omg this one, PLEASE :rofl:

Icantremembermyuser
Learner
Learner

Post by Icantremembermyuser »

I found the video super ungenuine and awkward. She was obviously putting on an act by crying. Maybe she cried when she first got the news, but it's been over a month now? She's obviously had time to come to terms, plus we all know aspyn isn't very caring.

flowergrrrl
Learner
Learner

Post by flowergrrrl »

Icantremembermyuser wrote:I found the video super ungenuine and awkward. She was obviously putting on an act by crying. Maybe she cried when she first got the news, but it's been over a month now? She's obviously had time to come to terms, plus we all know aspyn isn't very caring.
Sorry but this is bullshit. Terminal illnesses like cancer are progressive and continue to be scary. It's not like it happens one time and you can move on and get better from it. Their friend is actively sick and that fucking sucks. There are so many things to shit on A+P for but how they react to their friend having a terminal illness isn't one of them and you sound like an ignorant child by saying that she should have come to terms with this in a month and she can't possibly still be crying about it because she isn't caring. Jesus christ.

Tapestry
Debater
Debater

Post by Tapestry »

flowergrrrl wrote:
Icantremembermyuser wrote:I found the video super ungenuine and awkward. She was obviously putting on an act by crying. Maybe she cried when she first got the news, but it's been over a month now? She's obviously had time to come to terms, plus we all know aspyn isn't very caring.
Sorry but this is bullshit. Terminal illnesses like cancer are progressive and continue to be scary. It's not like it happens one time and you can move on and get better from it. Their friend is actively sick and that fucking sucks. There are so many things to shit on A+P for but how they react to their friend having a terminal illness isn't one of them and you sound like an ignorant child by saying that she should have come to terms with this in a month and she can't possibly still be crying about it because she isn't caring. Jesus christ.
Yeah, he's actively dying. It's ongoing, so the fact she didn't just get the news isn't really relevant. To say she can't be crying about it is lacking in any kind of empathy. I feel for Evan and everyone close to him.

PinkOceanWhale
Talker
Talker

Post by PinkOceanWhale »

I think both of their emotions were genuine and it's understandable that they might of taken this long to make a video. Comparing that vlog to today's vlog, you can tell that this was filmed at an earlier date since Aspyn and Parker hadn't reunited until now. Why they waited to publish it and have it be one of their vlogs for Vlogmas, not sure. But I think saying that they were faking and just doing it for views is a little harsh.

Switch of topics, but I was watching Aspyn's boyfriend tag with Parker and then was watching today's vlog and a thought hit me. In the boyfriend tag, Aspyn mentioned that Parker was going on a mission trip for two years soon after the video. Obviously this trip never happened (does anyone remember why?), but was that the trip Aspyn's friend that she went back home on the same flight with was on? Or are there just a bunch of two year trips that happen all the time?

squirtlessquad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by squirtlessquad »

PinkOceanWhale wrote:I think both of their emotions were genuine and it's understandable that they might of taken this long to make a video. Comparing that vlog to today's vlog, you can tell that this was filmed at an earlier date since Aspyn and Parker hadn't reunited until now. Why they waited to publish it and have it be one of their vlogs for Vlogmas, not sure. But I think saying that they were faking and just doing it for views is a little harsh.

Switch of topics, but I was watching Aspyn's boyfriend tag with Parker and then was watching today's vlog and a thought hit me. In the boyfriend tag, Aspyn mentioned that Parker was going on a mission trip for two years soon after the video. Obviously this trip never happened (does anyone remember why?), but was that the trip Aspyn's friend that she went back home on the same flight with was on? Or are there just a bunch of two year trips that happen all the time?
There are trips all the time. Everyone has their own trips, I don't believe they do group missions too often.

flowergrrrl
Learner
Learner

Post by flowergrrrl »

PinkOceanWhale wrote:I think both of their emotions were genuine and it's understandable that they might of taken this long to make a video. Comparing that vlog to today's vlog, you can tell that this was filmed at an earlier date since Aspyn and Parker hadn't reunited until now. Why they waited to publish it and have it be one of their vlogs for Vlogmas, not sure. But I think saying that they were faking and just doing it for views is a little harsh.

Most Mormon boys go on a mission trip after high school. They're always 2 years long. Girls can go when they're 21 (tho the church might have just lowered the age, i forget)

FrecklesMcGhee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FrecklesMcGhee »

He was supposed to go on a mission trip, and she was supposed to go live in LA for a few years, and then they would come back and be reunited and goals and romance. But she weenied out of LA after three weeks, and then I'm not sure if they've ever addressed why Parker didn't do his trip. Maybe they justified him not going by saying they wanted to stay in school? That's when they went to community college for a few semesters? And then got married and dropped out of junior college to do youtube and preach about how college isn't necessary, only dumb people go into debt and how they're already a step above everyone else their age. (..I think to this day that's the video that really grinds my gears the most.)

bossassbitchbitch
Talker
Talker

Post by bossassbitchbitch »

The kindergarten video was very sweet and sad. They both came across very genuine, made me tear up too. Even though I don't like aspyn much it's not nice seeing her cry. I think it's a possibility they hadn't spoken about it for a while because they were some what in shock, especially since he mentioned the cancers gotten worse. I mean everyone deals with these things in a different way. I hope Evan recovers.

Orangealert
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Orangealert »

So her house video is finally up and while we've already had more than a few choice comments on it, what I can't get over is how weather inappropriate Aspyn dresses. When she was visiting her mom and talked forever about that massage, you could see snow on the ground and she was only wearing sweat pants and a pull over. Now in her house video she's in a little dress. I get that it could be warm in their house, but her outfits just confuse the season out of me

FrecklesMcGhee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FrecklesMcGhee »

Aspyn WOULD be checking out her own videos while her mom is on the phone with an airline's customer serivce dealing with aspyn's (queen of travel) fuck up. (In case you haven't watched, Aspyn didn't go on the first leg of her round trip flight, so the second leg was dropped as well. As an airline could logically assume, if you don't make your trip TO somewhere, you probably don't need one BACK.)

She's such a child. She can't figure out her own travel arrangements? She can't go to the doctor with out her mom? But she's married and wants a baby?? Are you kidding me? You ARE a baby.

And then she wants a puppy, but can't manage to keep her shit off the floor of her mom's house for a week, and obviously a puppy is gonna chew stuff. If she can't keep a house TIDY (much less actually CLEAN) how does she expect to puppy or baby-proof her house??

~Meanwhile, back on the homestead~

Parker goes to artistically get the mail in the rain on his skateboard. And then seems a little amazed that he's wet! From the rain! What a concept! (Wear a rain jacket, dingus!)

Also I think it's so weird that they travel so often and are always documenting everything, yet their house has no photos of them, or their family, or any photos they've taken while traveling or anything. It'd all just generic and staged looking. I think I'm going to call that style Fauxvard, like someone suggested for the next thread title. (Which I vote for btw, so perfect.)

Talyylouisee
Informer
Informer

Post by Talyylouisee »

FrecklesMcGhee wrote: Also I think it's so weird that they travel so often and are always documenting everything, yet their house has no photos of them, or their family, or any photos they've taken while traveling or anything. It'd all just generic and staged looking. I think I'm going to call that style Fauxvard, like someone suggested for the next thread title. (Which I vote for btw, so perfect.)

I was just going to make a post saying how I do genuinely like the style and vibe that is happening there but there's just that something that doesn't sit right and STAGED was the perfect way to describe it.
There is so much decor going on and it looks very photo shoot ready but not really LIFE ready.
even saw a comment saying it's fit for the pages of a home magazine Image

It just looks like a room that I'd be terrified to move anything out of place in and just very impractical for life and living

Also lol Image

Talyylouisee
Informer
Informer

Post by Talyylouisee »

FrecklesMcGhee wrote: Also I think it's so weird that they travel so often and are always documenting everything, yet their house has no photos of them, or their family, or any photos they've taken while traveling or anything. It'd all just generic and staged looking. I think I'm going to call that style Fauxvard, like someone suggested for the next thread title. (Which I vote for btw, so perfect.)

I was just going to make a post saying how I do genuinely like the style and vibe that is happening there but there's just that something that doesn't sit right and STAGED was the perfect way to describe it.
There is so much decor going on and it looks very photo shoot ready but not really LIFE ready.
even saw a comment saying it's fit for the pages of a home magazine Image

It just looks like a room that I'd be terrified to move anything out of place in and just very impractical for life and living

Also lol Image

getaclue
Talker
Talker

Post by getaclue »

Aspyn complains once again about rude customer service, imagine that.. I seriously can't believe that she didn't think she'd need to check with the airline about not being on the first half of her round trip flight.. and days earlier she was told that she wasn't on the reservation list and she was just like "oh well things should be fine the day of the flight" this girl's ignorance continues to amaze me

abigail
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by abigail »

Aspyn said that he didn't go because he got "a really good job" but then later they said he was cleaning pools or doing pest control (don't remember which) so people were confused because neither of those are really coveted jobs

LisaStone
Informer
Informer

Post by LisaStone »

I'm pretty sure Parker doesn't identify as Mormon anymore, we know Aspyn isn't. Sooo thats probably why he didn't go on his mission.

Return to “Aspyn Ovard”