Cooortisolxo - shaaanxo 11

Mooglenz
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cooortisolxo - shaaanxo 11

Post by Mooglenz »

It’s just a shit for her to stay relevant with the Weinstein scandal...we all know how Shan jumps on any popular bandwagon.

Not making fun of the scandal btw, it’s bloody horrendous that this stuff happens and there is no excuse for it, but not shocked that she just had to put her two cents in.

Effyouu

Post by Effyouu »

Mooglenz wrote:It’s just a shit for her to stay relevant with the Weinstein scandal...we all know how Shan jumps on any popular bandwagon.

Not making fun of the scandal btw, it’s bloody horrendous that this stuff happens and there is no excuse for it, but not shocked that she just had to put her two cents in.
I guess the timing is suspect. And her vlogging showing off her twitter rant was a bit odd. I just try to stay neutral when people talk about sexual harrassment and assault because it is quite common.

Effyouu

Post by Effyouu »

It seems like she's always sick in her videos and vlogs

LikeAbutterfly
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by LikeAbutterfly »

Effyouu wrote:It seems like she's always sick in her videos and vlogs
I know right, I thought the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tedy94
Debater
Debater

Post by tedy94 »

LikeAbutterfly wrote:
Effyouu wrote:It seems like she's always sick in her videos and vlogs
I know right, I thought the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly tired. This girl should stop complaining and just take a break.

Effyouu

Post by Effyouu »

So I'm 3:30 into her new the balm first impression video and the foundations are too dark for her and she also says the undertone of the palest one is too pink for her and points to her neck and says "this foundation is pink and my neck is yellow." no sorry, your neck is not yellow shannon. Yellow foundations look shit on you, you need neutral foundations.

I'm the same as her. Pink is too pink, yellow is too yellow. Neutral works best for me personally and i think would look better on her as well. Irks me so much she insists she has a warm yellow undertone when she doesn't. I'll never understand why so many beauty gurus insist they're yellow. Maybe because warm eyeshadows are in right now and look better on people with warmer skin tones? Idk

Continued watching and she pulled her sweater down to show her neck and chest area and was like "see people who say i have a pink undertone? I'm yellow". So defensive. And of course a foundation that's 5 shades too dark will look awful, doesn't mean you have yellow undertones. Ugh

Honestly I sometimes wonder if she's color blind since her foundation never matches and her lipstick and eyeshadows always clash.

Also is the balm only sold in australia/new zealand or is it one of those online only brands? I've never seen them in store in canada but they seem to have a lot of matte eyeshadow palettes so I'm kind of interested in them

Post by Guest »

i think shannon's just all around clueless, lmao.

Offtopic: also they had the balm products at london drugs near where i am (just outside vancouver) ages ago but they seem to have gotten rid of it. i don't think many people bought it which is maybe why they got rid of it, but yeah. i've only ever seen it there.

Effyouu

Post by Effyouu »

blindxfaith wrote:i think shannon's just all around clueless, lmao.

Offtopic: also they had the balm products at london drugs near where i am (just outside vancouver) ages ago but they seem to have gotten rid of it. i don't think many people bought it which is maybe why they got rid of it, but yeah. i've only ever seen it there.
Yeah in the same video she said "I'm not very good at telling time". Pretty sure she also said she's not very good at measuring either when she was baking in a vlog. She's not all that bright.

And thanks for answering about the balm!

iamblah
Learner
Learner

Post by iamblah »

I may be totally off the mark because I'm not in one of the "big New Zealand cities" well kind of, but not really major and we literally only just got the balm products instore (where I live anyway) within like the last 6 months or so?

Mooglenz
Debater
Debater

Post by Mooglenz »

We've been able to buy The Balm for ages online but only recently some pharmacies have started stocking it - although I have to say, It's still cheaper to buy online! I have noticed Benefit becoming more accesible now with Farmers selling it online too now.

Dammit sometimes I wish Shannon would actually go see someone who knows the fuck they're on about and get the right foundation shade.....but she thinks she's the be all and end all, so she won't. I get so tired of seeing her minions walking round with foundation either too dark or too damned yellow for their own good. Not only is she not so bright, but her shanclan are pretty dense too.

ItsMarie
Informer
Informer

Post by ItsMarie »

Effyouu wrote:
blindxfaith wrote:
Pretty sure she also said she's not very good at measuring either when she was baking in a vlog. She's not all that bright.
Yes, I remember that, it made me so mad for some reason! You have to be an absolute idiot to say that you are not good at putting things on a scale and then reading a number. Is it trendy to pretend you're mentally challenged nowadays?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

FEDORALICIOUS
Debater
Debater

Post by FEDORALICIOUS »

Not only is she not so bright, but her shanclan are pretty dense too.
Her crazy fans annoy me. I think her fans forget that she isn't doing charity work or anything she's making a lot of money doing what she does. I don't understand why her fans worship her when she films while she has a small cold or something. OMG SHANNON, YOU ARE SO DEDICATED FOR WORKING WHEN YOU HAVE THE SNIFFLES.......like that isn't something tons of people do.

I do realize tho that she is currently in mourning. so that's different. But I've noticed throughout the years. her fans do worship her for doing the most random things throughout the years. Although it's frowned upon, tons of people have to go to work having the flu, food poisoning, etc....it's not socially responsible, but what can you do sometimes?

Effyouu

Post by Effyouu »

Honestly the bar is set pretty low which makes her look like a hard worker.

Technically these YouTuber's can do whatever they want because no one holds them accountable and a majority their fans excuse everything they do and enable their slack work ethic. I think shannon actually treats it like a real job and sets herself working hours.

And to add to your post above she is in mourning but a lot of jobs only allow 3 days bereavement leave for family members. She works from home so technically she can't infect anyone and it's not like she works on her feet for 12+ hours a day or something so i don't find her uploading when she's sick to be that big of a deal.

Honestly though, if shannon wanted to take a week off I think she should go for it. She's lucky she's able to do so.

I do admire that she treats youtube for the most part like an actual job. I've stopped following YouTuber's because they go weeks or months without posting and they're honestly wasting space in my subscription box.

I know this is a trash thread and there are a lot of things i don't like about her but i will give props for being consistent.

Effyouu

Post by Effyouu »

With how much she uses that fugly shaaanxo palette don't you think she'd have hit pan on her most used shades by now? I swear i remember her saying she uses it almost everyday irl and she uses at least one shade in every video. I feel like it's been over a year since she came out with the thing. Idk

kiwiana
Informer
Informer

Post by kiwiana »

It grates me that she is so hell bent on shilling her products to the point where she hardly uses any other brands (on camera, anyway). Granted it's been a while since I last watched a beauty video of hers, but I got so sick of seeing xoBeauty crap in every video. Considering she gets sooo many beautiful products sent to her. It's infuriating.

Effyouu

Post by Effyouu »

kiwiana wrote:It grates me that she is so hell bent on shilling her products to the point where she hardly uses any other brands (on camera, anyway). Granted it's been a while since I last watched a beauty video of hers, but I got so sick of seeing xoBeauty crap in every video. Considering she gets sooo many beautiful products sent to her. It's infuriating.
I agree! It wasn't so bad when it was just the brushes and lashes because if she didn't have her own brush line she'd probably have a morphe code let's be real. But now she has 2 bh cosmetic eyeshadow palettes, 2 xobeauty highlighters, and 6 or 8 xobeauty lipsticks. And she uses at least one of her products in every video if not more. Waaay too much self promo.

I don't think she actually uses her bh cosmetics palettes everyday irl. And pretty sure she said she prefers liquid lipstick over stick so honestly i doubt she wears her own lipsticks all that much irl either.

Mooglenz
Debater
Debater

Post by Mooglenz »

Her lippie range really grates me - I would have thought with the experience she has with cosmetics she would have a wider shade range and at least focus on making them long lasting. Here in NZ Mac lipsticks cost $35 plus, the Shaaanxo range is $28. I'd be better served paying the extra and going for Mac iykwim?

thecreeper
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by thecreeper »

Is it just me or is she starting to look quite old? Especially in the new Glasses makeup video

Effyouu

Post by Effyouu »

Mooglenz wrote:Her lippie range really grates me - I would have thought with the experience she has with cosmetics she would have a wider shade range and at least focus on making them long lasting. Here in NZ Mac lipsticks cost $35 plus, the Shaaanxo range is $28. I'd be better served paying the extra and going for Mac iykwim?
I assumed it would be all nudes/pale pinks and peachy pinks and one red. So i guess she shade range surprised me but since she's well known for liking nude lipsticks and wearing nude lipsticks for darker skin tones you'd think she'd have some nude lipsticks for darker skin tones! I don't think she has anything for darker skin tones.

And honestly i don't buy mac because cruelty free life but they have an amazing range of colors to suit all skin tones and 4 or 5 different finishes. I'd also pay the difference if it wasn't for the whole morals and ethics not aligning thing.

Petty but i hate the packaging for her liquid lipsticks.

Effyouu

Post by Effyouu »

thecreeper wrote:Is it just me or is she starting to look quite old? Especially in the new Glasses makeup video
I think it's the heavy makeup and botox. She looks like she's trying to look younger but aging herself. Especially with the pinky purple hair she has lately

Return to “Shaaanxo”