Post by o_O »

Continue here! <3

dearactually
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: PsychoSoprano (Colleen Ballinger) - Part 2

Post by dearactually »

Netflix usually has a minimum of 2 season shows, yeah?

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O »

dearactually wrote:Netflix usually has a minimum of 2 season shows, yeah?
I don't think so. Colleen mentioned that she had "stolen" a prop in case they didn't come back for a second season, but would replace the prop if they did. Though Colleen's show is an Original Netflix Series it isn't guaranteed that it will do good. Her tween audience could give it high views, but I just don't see adults liking Miranda antics.

cookiesandcream
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by cookiesandcream »

Don't know why she's uploading trashy, embarrassing videos like her edible candy underpants video when pretty soon she's going to be getting a lot more exposure from press and etc. for her show. Why would she want people who have never heard of/ seen her before to see videos of her like that? And she wonders why Youtubers don't get taken seriously....

KeepNreal
Talker
Talker

Post by KeepNreal »

Because she is immature and will do anything for attention/clicks

cozysnail_
Learner
Learner

Post by cozysnail_ »

Idk why but every time Josh is in a vlog with colleen it feels so awkward and fake... They tied the knot a little too soon.. who knows what would've happened if they waited until after colleen finished her netflix show.

Shiittaco
Debater
Debater

Post by Shiittaco »

The videos with Rachel irritate the hell out of me. "Look at us we're two hot sisters touching eachother!!!!!" And the thumbnails just make it 100x worse. Her thumbnails in general are very clickbait/attention whore-ish. Miranda was great around 2010-11, but it's gotten so old now and Colleen has turned into such a snotty brat, I can't watch her or the Miranda videos anymore. I always thought it was funny how good of friends Josh and Julien are and they were clearly at each other's houses a lot, but Jenna and Colleen never really became good friends, most likely because Jenna sees right though her, too.

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O »

That collab video with Rachel was so cringey. Why would you do that? The way Colleen talks about sex or body related issues reminds me of a middle school kid. Maybe it's because her first and only time she had sex was with Josh, so inexperience?

Lydia Deetz
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lydia Deetz »

Posting to follow!
Live people ignore the strange and unusual
I myself am strange and unusual

justaspark
Talker
Talker

Post by justaspark »

Josh and Rachel are so annoying. They try to remain relevant, but they fail because they don't have anything to offer. Rachel has no talent. All she does is get angry, rants, and walks into stores to vlog. Josh keeps trying to promote his ideas that end up failing. This random mixture of challenges, storytimes, and commentary just shows that he has to resort to copying popular video ideas because he has none himself. What else is he going to do? Release more of his shitty music? Good luck with that!
The Miranda character is failing as well since Colleen keeps treating her like a cash cow now. It's so evident that she doesn't want to do it anymore, but she can't give it up because she is nothing without this character. Up until around a year ago the Miranda character was funny. She actually put effort into what she was going to do and say. Since then, it's just been a bunch of challenges, trying out products, revisiting topics that were popular in the past, etc. I liked Miranda because I'm into that wild and random humor. It was well done for a while in my opinion, but now her thought process is simply "Which videos are getting a lot of views?" or "Which idea got me a lot of views in the past?"

dearactually
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dearactually »

I think she's also been kinda tied up with coming up with ideas, writing, filming and then editing the show that she's just phoning it in for her channels because she could post anything at all and most subscribers would still click and watch. Easy money for minimal effort.

NicoleThePickle
Debater
Debater

Post by NicoleThePickle »

cozysnail_ wrote:Idk why but every time Josh is in a vlog with colleen it feels so awkward and fake... They tied the knot a little too soon.. who knows what would've happened if they waited until after colleen finished her netflix show.
I don't know if they tied the knot too soon, since they were together for 5 years or so before the proposal, but they just do seem off. I think they both weren't mature enough when they met and it feels like she is more mature than he currently is. They just both seem like odd people.

dearactually
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dearactually »

They didn't move in together until like what, a year and a half ago? The old saying is "you don't really know somebody until you live with them".

And not only that but her entire family and friends casting have been with them constantly especially while they're on the road.

Given the speculation of Josh being clingy and not being fully supportive of Colleen's career I could see how her move to Canada (which occurred not even a year into their marriage, and she's there for months on end!) to work all day everyday would drive a huge wedge between them given.

Their relationship has never had any real sense of normalcy and it would seem like some of the solution would've been for Josh to go to Canada too, but then he would've just been a distraction. This show is the biggest thing in Colleen's career and if it goes well, she will have so many more opportunities for her (and also Christopher) and she would be stupid to not put her heart and soul into it.

And she may be just doing that at the cost of her relationship.

You know you love me,
XOXO Gossip Girl.

(Sorry, I've been binge watching)

petasparkle
Learner
Learner

Post by petasparkle »

I hate hate hate their relationship, it always seems so fake and gross. I hate how their fans go crazy over them kissing and making out, like really? I love Miranda but can't stand Colleen.

cozysnail_
Learner
Learner

Post by cozysnail_ »

dearactually wrote:They didn't move in together until like what, a year and a half ago? The old saying is "you don't really know somebody until you live with them".
Trueee, and most of their relationship has been long distance(did they count the time when they broke up as being together?). They might have just fallen in love with the idea of each other and now that they can't write cheesy love letters or make stupid cringe-worthy videos to send to each other they're probably just over it haha
I remember watching a vlog where colleen sang a song to josh and they both looked so uncomfortable, it was painful to watch.
I really hope Colleen doesn't put him before her career... she could be more than mediocre.

Daydream
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Daydream »

Like others have side, I don't see why so many tween girls idolize their relationship. Josh seems so clingy and way too submissive imo.

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

iloveeyoursmile
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by iloveeyoursmile »

i know this is colleen's thread, but i wonder what josh has been doing with his life when colleen has been up in canada working on the show. i feel like he became popular bc of colleen and it's not like he can collab with her since they're both in different countries.

i agree with the above posters, i think they got married a bit too soon. i can imagine canada is putting their relationship to the test. i wouldn't be surprised if (somewhat) newly-wed josh is jealous and wants to know what colleen is doing when she's not working and actually ~goes out~

justaspark
Talker
Talker

Post by justaspark »

They aren't going to last long. Whatever spark they had before is fading. But they'll probably try to make it last because she's afraid of backlash and he needs her fame.

EmmyRed
Learner
Learner

Post by EmmyRed »

Shiittaco wrote:The videos with Rachel irritate the hell out of me. "Look at us we're two hot sisters touching eachother!!!!!" And the thumbnails just make it 100x worse. Her thumbnails in general are very clickbait/attention whore-ish. Miranda was great around 2010-11, but it's gotten so old now and Colleen has turned into such a snotty brat, I can't watch her or the Miranda videos anymore. I always thought it was funny how good of friends Josh and Julien are and they were clearly at each other's houses a lot, but Jenna and Colleen never really became good friends, most likely because Jenna sees right though her, too.
But they're not hot. :D I do think Colleen has a pretty face, but really compared to many other girls they're just average.

Return to “Colleen Ballinger / Miranda Sings”