Saturdaynightsalrite

royan_rawss
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Saturdaynightsalrite

Post by royan_rawss »

I personally LOVE her channel. I think she's gorgeous, I love watching her Get Ready With Me videos and her How To's.

What are your thoughts on her?

Kyra
Learner
Learner

Re: Saturdaynightsalrite

Post by Kyra »

I like her style and her videos are good but I just can't bring myself to subscribe. Mostly because I feel like she does youtube just for herself and doesn't care about her subscribers. Whenever she is given criticism from her viewers, she seems to lash out at them .. It mostly bothered me when she was told in her wedding outfits video that some of the dresses were a bit short and she retaliated by publishing on her Twitter that so many of her viewers were so insecure about themselves. But apart from her attitude, her videos are good. Her outfits are extremely cute and girly.

cherry_blossom
Talker
Talker

Post by cherry_blossom »

I watch her fashion videos because I like her style, but I skip over the TMI Tuesdays and makeup tutorials. She isn't too great with that, but hey, we all have strengths and weaknesses. I've seen the way she responds to criticism in both her and other YouTube videos, she can be pretty snarky.

royan_rawss
Learner
Learner

Post by royan_rawss »

Yeah she annoyed me a bit with the wedding video. Just because someone thinks your dress is inappropriate for an occasion doesn't mean they're jealous/insecure...

Kyra
Learner
Learner

Post by Kyra »

royan_rawss wrote:Yeah she annoyed me a bit with the wedding video. Just because someone thinks your dress is inappropriate for an occasion doesn't mean they're jealous/insecure...
Exactly. Confidence is a great characteristic, but having the "I'm better looking than you" attitude is extremely unlikeable. If she can't take constructive criticism or accept others' opinions, then maybe she shouldn't be making YouTube videos. She says she is not a role model, but when you have a bunch of people following and supporting you, its hard not to take on that role - especially young girls, they will see you as a role model, regardless of whether or not you want to be. Calling your supporters "jealous and insecure" is really bitchy.

psichedeliche
Learner
Learner

Post by psichedeliche »

I was reading her formspring (wanted to see if youtube is her job which it is) and she's one of those "weed is a plant not a drug" enthusiasts and idk it's just one of my pet peeves when people are wilfully ignorant like that.

blueberrymuffin

Post by blueberrymuffin »

Have you guys seen that Karissa has been tweeting about this thread? I had no idea she had a thread on here until she tweeted about it!

And to the above poster, Weed is a plant!

royan_rawss
Learner
Learner

Post by royan_rawss »

Yeah I saw that. I genuinly do feel bad because I love her videos, and I made this in the Rave section. I didn't mean to "hate".

blueberrymuffin

royan_rawss wrote:Yeah I saw that. I genuinly do feel bad because I love her videos, and I made this in the Rave section. I didn't mean to "hate".
I like her videos as well, and I think she's a nice girl - but do agree with some points on here about her bad attitude at times. I'm not trying to 'hate' either, it's just an opinion. But I do understand where she's coming from, as it must be hard reading about yourself in such a way, and some posts on this Forum can be incredibly bitchy and mean :/

sunshine21

Post by sunshine21 »

Wow, I actually liked most of her videos but after browsing through her Twitter and also seeing that she bitches about a RAVE thread I unsubscribed.

royan_rawss
Learner
Learner

Post by royan_rawss »

Erhm yeah now I just do want to delete this thread. Can you delete posts? I can't figure it out.

royan_rawss
Learner
Learner

Post by royan_rawss »

Just read the FAQ. I can't delete this since people have replied? Is there anyone I can message, like a moderator? Will they delete it for me?

AliceRoared
Talker
Talker

Post by AliceRoared »

I'm just chipping in - I really love Karissa, she seems so lovely and bubbly. I love her style as well, so I love fashion vids from her - defs want more! I think that her Tweeting about a rave thread was a bit :/ but what can you do? *shrug*

blueberrymuffin

I think she tweeted about it so that her followers would come on here and defend her? But anyway, royan_rawes, you shouldn't feel bad.

Post by Guest »

I saw that tweet. Why give advertisement to this board.

I like her videos, but if anyone is insecure it is her. She cannot handle the tiniest bit of criticism, including the few posts on this board. Lolz why is she even doing youtube.

Kyra
Learner
Learner

Post by Kyra »

I don't think ANYONE here should be feeling bad about stating the TRUTH. It seems like these days, voicing your opinion or the truth automatically equals hate. No one was taking a stab at her. Everything that was stated on this thread has occurred (eg. snarky comments to viewers), its not like anyone is making anything up. Plus, many good points were pointed out too, but of course, ignored. If you don't want these things to be pointed out and noted by the public, then perhaps refrain from acting so negatively to your viewers? Otherwise, accept the truth and "be an adult".

Post by Guest »

Her little tweet caused me to unsubscribe and unfollow her on twitter. I know she doesn't care, but lolz...
I don't deal with twits who can't handle a tiny critique.

diamondsandsparkles
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by diamondsandsparkles »

psichedeliche wrote:I was reading her formspring (wanted to see if youtube is her job which it is) and she's one of those "weed is a plant not a drug" enthusiasts and idk it's just one of my pet peeves when people are wilfully ignorant like that.
no she works at the estee counter, she doesnt live off youtube (isnt popular enough!). i like her, not totally defending- but you cant hate on people who choose to smoke weed, cigarettes - only voice your own opinion about it. she doesnt seem like a drugged up flake, so i wouldnt judge too much based on that.

Post by Guest »

Kyra wrote:Everything that was stated on this thread has occurred (eg. snarky comments to viewers), its not like anyone is making anything up. Plus, many good points were pointed out too, but of course, ignored. If you don't want these things to be pointed out and noted by the public, then perhaps refrain from acting so negatively to your viewers? Otherwise, accept the truth and "be an adult".
I like her videos, but have to agree with you here. I think she could have handled it a bit better, however I would not have found this forum if she hadn't mentioned it on her twitter, so thanks Karissa! :P

rouge_volupte
Learner
Learner

Post by rouge_volupte »

I'm also here because she tweeted and wrote a Facebook status about this site. Thanks Karissa!! This site has been entertaining to read so far.

If she can't handle criticism, she should get off YouTube. Most of the things written about her weren't even that bad. People even pointed out good things they liked about her, but she chose to call them out anyway. She should've just ignored it. Why drive more traffic to this site if she didn't want people knowing about it?

Return to “Karissa Pukas”