Lisa Eldridge - am I the only one...

lordofmisrule
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Lisa Eldridge - am I the only one...

Post by lordofmisrule »

I liked the recent mature skin tutorial but she was talking over her guest again. Don't ask them questions/encourage to chat if you're going to interrupt them.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

CinnamonBun wrote: Would you even consider it a "makeup" look? Lisa barely let VB touch her eyes let alone her skin
The velvet thing is such a gimmick. I’m the kind of person who is willing to pay extra for pretty packaging, but that’s just so pointless and frivolous to me.

Post by Guest »

Another thing I hate about the lIkes of Eldridge, the Chapman sisters, etc. is that they're so tonedeaf with the new trends in makeup and instead of embracing them, they try to make it look "modern and wearable" instead of having fun with it.

green_tea
Talker
Talker

Post by green_tea »

Ok, I know this is way overdue but in her Christmas gift guide she kept talking about the packaging and if there was a lot of it and if it was wasteful etc. She has never done this before so I will say that it is not genuine. I realize that thinking "green" is the cause du jour these days but I honestly didn't expect it of her. I just thought she would be above that. You know, stating these meaningless platitudes without having actually done anything of meaning in regards to the cause. I man makeup is just not green any way you slice it, even if it is natural. For one thing, it is not a necessity though I'm sure a lot of us here love it and have a lot of it. And to me that just shows a person who just jumps on any trendy bandwagon.

She was one of the first ones to realize that influencers are worth money and started making some videos with them and capitalizing on marketing stuff towards them. So, to me, in those moments she looks like Donald Duck with dollar signs instead of eyes. She is just capitalizing on the latest issue that people care about (at least for now) and she will jump on to the next one in no time.

sergeantsantiago
Talker
Talker

Post by sergeantsantiago »

Bit out of the blue but I was thinking how Lisa used to be super sweet in her videos a few years ago... I think it's when she launched her lipsticks that made her seem unwatchable. Her content became less varied imo but the whole launch (both times) seemed a bit pretentious. Idk how to explain it, I just can't quite pinpoint when I went off her, and now when I try and watch newer videos (like the one with VB) she's interrupting the guest and seems to be competing for the camera. :/

macnoodle69
Learner
Learner

Post by macnoodle69 »

CinnamonBun wrote: Another thing I hate about the lIkes of Eldridge, the Chapman sisters, etc. is that they're so tonedeaf with the new trends in makeup and instead of embracing them, they try to make it look "modern and wearable" instead of having fun with it.
Probably because 'wearable' is something distinctly lacking in a lot of 'trends' these days? and most people aren't gonna make money off wearing a neon pink cut crease to work

Post by Guest »

I just want to flick that stupid mole off her face..

Post by Guest »

macnoodle69 wrote:
CinnamonBun wrote: Another thing I hate about the lIkes of Eldridge, the Chapman sisters, etc. is that they're so tonedeaf with the new trends in makeup and instead of embracing them, they try to make it look "modern and wearable" instead of having fun with it.
Probably because 'wearable' is something distinctly lacking in a lot of 'trends' these days? and most people aren't gonna make money off wearing a neon pink cut crease to work
But it's not just about making money, it's about being creative. The "classics" have always been "wearable". The most "timeless" palettes have been dubbed "wearable".

lordofmisrule
Informer
Informer

Post by lordofmisrule »

Do you think she only made that new video because she wanted everyone to know that she would be filming a documentary if it wasn't for the coronavirus lockdown?

macnoodle69
Learner
Learner

Post by macnoodle69 »

lordofmisrule wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:18 am
Do you think she only made that new video because she wanted everyone to know that she would be filming a documentary if it wasn't for the coronavirus lockdown?
Probably just wants to drum up interest. What else can she do while she's sitting at home except make videos? I'm actually surprised not more of these youtubers aren't pumping out content.

lordofmisrule
Informer
Informer

Post by lordofmisrule »

macnoodle69 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:42 pm
lordofmisrule wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:18 am
Probably just wants to drum up interest. What else can she do while she's sitting at home except make videos? I'm actually surprised not more of these youtubers aren't pumping out content.
I honestly think all businesses are slowing down a bit. It might not be influencers "choosing" not to milk it, the whole economy is being reviewed.

macnoodle69
Learner
Learner

Post by macnoodle69 »

I mean it isn't about 'milking' it though?

Most everyone is stuck inside so it would seem pretty obvious that now is the time they can make content for either future postings or now. Considering so many are saying iTs mY paSSiOn and that they don't do it for money (lol) ..

lordofmisrule
Informer
Informer

Post by lordofmisrule »

I don't understand why Lisa is filming in her bathroom on a phone at the moment (it's a big bathroom so I imagine her apartament/house is a decent size and she should be able to find a bit of space for filming but maybe I am being fussy) but wtf was the ending of her last video? I can understand people can have a very strange sense of humour (mine is weird and not to everyone's taste) but she was so fake and the whole thing was so forced, I felt second hand embarrassment for her. Anyone else?

sergeantsantiago
Talker
Talker

Post by sergeantsantiago »

Just checked out her channel after several months of being unsubscribed and I know there's a pandemic on etc. but her content is the same as ever apart from the cloud make-up look which was editorial and a nice change.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

Haven’t watched her in a while, and wow she’s really overdone it with the Botox and fillers...it really made her features look more harsh.

Also in her Harpers Bazaar skincare vid she said she doesn’t use a face cream/moisturizer and just uses essences and serums because she “doesn’t like the feeling”...wtf. No moisturizer to restore the skin barrier after using all of those acids and other active ingredients?! Hard pass on that skincare routine...she’s probably doing more damage than good. But she still throws money all of these gimmicky expensive devices to “tone” her face muscles. :roll:

She has access to all the derms, estheticians, skincare in the world and she still gets the basics wrong. It doesn’t matter if you use a $200 face mask and some weird electronic device on your face, if you haven’t even got a basic routine down.

spacecupcake
Learner
Learner

Post by spacecupcake »

Rosie34567 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:38 am
Haven’t watched her in a while, and wow she’s really overdone it with the Botox and fillers...it really made her features look more harsh.

Also in her Harpers Bazaar skincare vid she said she doesn’t use a face cream/moisturizer and just uses essences and serums because she “doesn’t like the feeling”...wtf. No moisturizer to restore the skin barrier after using all of those acids and other active ingredients?! Hard pass on that skincare routine...she’s probably doing more damage than good. But she still throws money all of these gimmicky expensive devices to “tone” her face muscles. :roll:

She has access to all the derms, estheticians, skincare in the world and she still gets the basics wrong. It doesn’t matter if you use a $200 face mask and some weird electronic device on your face, if you haven’t even got a basic routine down.
I completely agree!!! For someone so knowledgeable about makeup (in theory and practice), she sure knows dog shit about skincare. I really wish she would stay away from that type of content...
I didn't watch the skincare video you mentionned but I remember the first time I saw her featuring one of those stupid jade rollers (on instagram I believe) and I knew right there and then... It made me wonder if she ever bought stupid crap from Goop, but if she ever did it would be probably featured on her socials.

LittleDarkAge
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LittleDarkAge »

I respect her as a person and I'm excited to try her True Velvet lipstick, if USPS ever decides I deserve to receive it. I sub her but, I think she's so boring, I usually find myself skipping through her videos to find the meat. I've learned a few key things from her but it takes effort to find those gems.

grimaldispepperoni
Learner
Learner

Post by grimaldispepperoni »

It honestly annoys me when she talks about not having darkness under her eyes when she has clearly had botox and fillers up the wazoo. She looked like a different person 6-7 years ago.

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

I always thought it was weird how wearing multiple rings all at once has become her “signature look,” simply because it seems incredibly unhygienic for a makeup artist to be wearing a ton of jewelry while applying makeup on clients (or even just on herself, for that matter).

Just ew…think of all the germs and product buildup…Plus getting product on the rings all the time is bad for the rings anyway and probably loosens the stones and/or tarnishes the metal.

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

Why would she release a foundation that doesn't even stand up and is basically the shape of a squished egg?! How is that practical?! :roll:
It's basically a glorified paperweight (only a paperweight wouldn't roll around like this foundation!)

She should know better, especially since one of her selling points is her "experience" with makeup. It's also really gimmicky...the formula should speak for itself and she shouldn't need to pick a ridiculous shape in order to lure people in.

Return to “K-O”