BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Thatcher Joe Part 6:Sneaky Joella on permanent holiday #

Post by BONTBFW »

hazh wrote:
LucyParker2492 wrote:Sorry if this has already been brought up don't read Zoe's threads at all and don't always keep up with Joe's.

I just got my hands on the cosmo with Zoe in (everything takes months to arrive in Australia) I knew that her Mum was a beautician as Zoe's mention it a few times before. But I had no idea their dad was a talent producer, just seems a strange job to have when he tries to hide from the lime light.

Also, I thought Joe said in one of his vlogs when he was doing his flat pack furniture his Dad had something to do with Property/building.

Don't know if the magazine is making it up or Joe was lying or if he's just changed jobs since that video.
He's had 'Talent Producer' in his Twitter profile since September at least. I assumed it was a joke: a talent producer, i.e. father (the producer of) to two 'talented' kids. That doesn't seem like a particularly witty joke though, so I might be completely wrong. IDK.

If he really is a talent agent or manager it is odd that he lives out in rural Wiltshire rather than a city. :?
I think it's meant to be a joke honestly. His dad seems like the type to think that's a good bio.

hazh
Informer
Informer

Post by hazh »

BONTBFW wrote:
hazh wrote:
LucyParker2492 wrote:Sorry if this has already been brought up don't read Zoe's threads at all and don't always keep up with Joe's.

I just got my hands on the cosmo with Zoe in (everything takes months to arrive in Australia) I knew that her Mum was a beautician as Zoe's mention it a few times before. But I had no idea their dad was a talent producer, just seems a strange job to have when he tries to hide from the lime light.

Also, I thought Joe said in one of his vlogs when he was doing his flat pack furniture his Dad had something to do with Property/building.

Don't know if the magazine is making it up or Joe was lying or if he's just changed jobs since that video.
He's had 'Talent Producer' in his Twitter profile since September at least. I assumed it was a joke: a talent producer, i.e. father (the producer of) to two 'talented' kids. That doesn't seem like a particularly witty joke though, so I might be completely wrong. IDK.

If he really is a talent agent or manager it is odd that he lives out in rural Wiltshire rather than a city. :?
I think it's meant to be a joke honestly. His dad seems like the type to think that's a good bio.

Yeah I'm 90% sure it's a joke. But I haven't read this interview with Zoe.

JC1994
Stalker
Stalker

Post by JC1994 »

This whole Sugg Life merch situation is getting way out of hand now. :?

http://www.vloggergossip.com/sugg-life- ... -team-1113

Nicki_Minaj2
Learner
Learner

Post by Nicki_Minaj2 »

JC1994 wrote:This whole Sugg Life merch situation is getting way out of hand now. :?

http://www.vloggergossip.com/sugg-life- ... -team-1113
Do you think their management has anything to do with why they haven't addressed this? I don't know how management works as I've never had any :rofl: If they can control what Joe and Zoe upload everywhere (such as Twitter or another social media) then it may be them that has said not to address it but I don't see why they would say not to.

If the management has nothing to do with it then I guess they deserve everything they get, sort of, I know theres nothing they can do physically but a simple tweet to say they're looking into it and a phone call to the company/shipping company to see what's going on with these lost orders takes nothing, it doesn't even take 30 minutes out of their day.

hazh
Informer
Informer

Post by hazh »

Tonight's live show was a disaster. It buffered the entire way through - every single comment was saying that it was unwatchable. He broadcast 20+ minutes but only 44 seconds has saved and can be replayed! The minions are taking it as well as you'd expect.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

The livestreams are ideal for the laziest YTers so it's no surprise Joe is all about them... there's no planning, no set-up, no editing, no cutaways, no real filming... just put a camera in front of you, sit around and chat at the screen for half an hour, and there's your work done for the week, now you can get on with doing nothing.

onescenario
Learner
Learner

Post by onescenario »

Lamour88 wrote:The livestreams are ideal for the laziest YTers so it's no surprise Joe is all about them... there's no planning, no set-up, no editing, no cutaways, no real filming... just put a camera in front of you, sit around and chat at the screen for half an hour, and there's your work done for the week, now you can get on with doing nothing.
Yeah, I was about to say... Does it get any more lazy than uploading a lifestream? I find them soo boring and annoying. I rarely even click on them and when I do I click away after 2 mins :roll:

hazh
Informer
Informer

Post by hazh »

At least Joe puts in a bare minimum of preparation. His 'Poop Scoop' ideas is him reading weird or interesting news stories he came across during the week. It's why he dressed up in a suit and puts those stupid glasses on so he can play a news reporter. He actually said he found the old format boring so he wanted to make it interactive.

That's marginally better than for example Dan and Phil's live shows which are incredibly lazy. And they don't upload for weeks on end!

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

Kinda underwhelmed by his Tinder dog video :x
I don't even look forward to anyones video's usually cause I don't care enough to, but this video I was interested to see what would happen...but I just feel like it was edited terribly? It was professional, but so much of the video was making the profile, and reading out what he sent them instead of the actual conversations idk it was just boring

The reason I bring this up, is because this happens in his videos kinda often. He focuses on one boring task too much and it takes up the entire video. I remember that one video with Mikey, Josh, and Caspar with the marshmallows half the video was Mikey trying to get a question correct it was so boring, just cut that shit out omg. He so obsessed with watch time. Even his SA vlogs he's adding random bits at the end just so the vlog can reach 10 mins.

hazh
Informer
Informer

Post by hazh »

BONTBFW wrote:Kinda underwhelmed by his Tinder dog video :x
I don't even look forward to anyones video's usually cause I don't care enough to, but this video I was interested to see what would happen...but I just feel like it was edited terribly? It was professional, but so much of the video was making the profile, and reading out what he sent them instead of the actual conversations idk it was just boring

The reason I bring this up, is because this happens in his videos kinda often. He focuses on one boring task too much and it takes up the entire video. I remember that one video with Mikey, Josh, and Caspar with the marshmallows half the video was Mikey trying to get a question correct it was so boring, just cut that shit out omg. He so obsessed with watch time. Even his SA vlogs he's adding random bits at the end just so the vlog can reach 10 mins.
It's funny that lots of commenters were actually calling him out for adding unnecessary audio (with a black screen) to a vlog so it would get over the 10 minute mark.

halkatlaa
Debater
Debater

Post by halkatlaa »

Joe has slipped so far down my rank off fav youtubers!
I just don't look forward to his video's anymore, and I don't really watch them either, they are becoming boring and just lazy, he, Caspar and Jack are the last gleamers that I'm subbed to and I don't think it will last long either. He has fallen so far!

and I think younger kids are moving on from the gleamers as well, because at the start off last year Joe and Harry (Wroetoshaw) has the same amount off subs, but now Harry has 2m more than him and gets 2m views in 24 hours on every single video. Joe is lucky if he brakes the 1m mark.
I know that they don't make the same content, but this is just my thoughts on the hole thing.

His video views are getting worse and he has to change it up if he is going to start pulling in some numbers again.
Icelandic so sorry for spelling mistakes :D

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

halkatlaa wrote:Joe has slipped so far down my rank off fav youtubers!
I just don't look forward to his video's anymore, and I don't really watch them either, they are becoming boring and just lazy, he, Caspar and Jack are the last gleamers that I'm subbed to and I don't think it will last long either. He has fallen so far!

and I think younger kids are moving on from the gleamers as well, because at the start off last year Joe and Harry (Wroetoshaw) has the same amount off subs, but now Harry has 2m more than him and gets 2m views in 24 hours on every single video. Joe is lucky if he brakes the 1m mark.
I know that they don't make the same content, but this is just my thoughts on the hole thing.

His video views are getting worse and he has to change it up if he is going to start pulling in some numbers again.
Doesn't matter if Joe and Harry once had the same amount. Their audience is too different to compare.

meangirl
Debater
Debater

Post by meangirl »

He's starting to loose his charm and wit

halkatlaa
Debater
Debater

Post by halkatlaa »

BONTBFW wrote:
Doesn't matter if Joe and Harry once had the same amount. Their audience is too different to compare.
I was just pointing out that Joe was growing just as fast, but because he has gone dull in the last year he stopped growing while others thrive, and they do have similar aged audience,
Icelandic so sorry for spelling mistakes :D

Weird Vagina
Sparkling Unicorn
Sparkling Unicorn

Post by Weird Vagina »

lol bontbfw is in too deep, goes into full defense mode without even understanding what people are saying. chill girl.

halkatlaa, you're right. I noticed it as well. there was something that made him more popular than other gleam boys who started youtube earlier than him. but seems like he lost it. sure he has more subs than them but now he's boring as much as them tbh. I hope he won't be like marcus.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

Weird Vagina wrote:lol bontbfw is in too deep, goes into full defense mode without even understanding what people are saying. chill girl.

halkatlaa, you're right. I noticed it as well. there was something that made him more popular than other gleam boys who started youtube earlier than him. but seems like he lost it. sure he has more subs than them but now he's boring as much as them tbh. I hope he won't be like marcus.
The funny thing is I watch Joe, but I don't particularly like him that much or most youtubers in general, I just like talking about youtubers - so the fact that you think I'm in too deep, because every time you guys say some shit with no logic behind it and I comment is actually funny.

Their audiences are not comparable. Harry does FIFA/Football videos which has a massive audience of any age. mostly boys, and from the like two vids I've seen he does them well. If you noticed, everyone who does the same type of video style as Joe had huge peaks and then slowed down, he's not special. Also, because I don't particularly like Joe, I can tell you that whatever you guys saw in those early years, I don't see. Maybe now that the bandwagon hype has died down, you can see he really wasn't that much different in the first place. :respekt:

Weird Vagina
Sparkling Unicorn
Sparkling Unicorn

Post by Weird Vagina »

you can correct our 'illogical' shit in a more polite way though :rofl: lol ok I was just joking :tu: I understand what you mean, and I'm actually the same. I don't even watch youtube as much as I used to anymore, but I like to talk shit about them here lol. I'm not a fan or a complete 'hater' of anyone.

if you think about it in a way, joe's type of content would be more 'profitable' than harrys though. I think a teen audience of girls is the most stupid but loyal one. they buy whatever shit they put out there. boys who watch those fifa/gaming channels are more critical and prone to leave their 'idols' if they did something questionable. little girls have that "HE'S A GOD, HE CAN'T DO WRONG" mentality. I mean, look at zoe's minions... fucking stupid kids I hate them lol.

well, he's never been the most genius creative guy on youtube but I think he's at least better than other gleamers, that's what I'm talking about. if you watch alfie, marcus, etc. they are just typical stupid boys who got lucky, they don't have any talent yeah but it's like they don't even have a brain... even though joe got lucky too, he has at least some different quality to him. yep sudden positivity towards joe lol my life is a huge contradiction lmao.

therightsong
Learner
Learner

Post by therightsong »

tbh i really like joe's videos recently. They're all quite original and i find them entertaining. i know a few people have said he's just going downhill, but i really think this year he'll sort himself out and get his channels back to where they used to be :tu:

still waiting for the day he overtakes zoe in subscribers, that would be funny :rofl:

Sarahb88
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Sarahb88 »

therightsong wrote:still waiting for the day he overtakes zoe in subscribers, that would be funny :rofl:
His monthly/average views have been better than hers for about 2 years now (except at Christmas), but 2 weeks ago he passed her in total views. Subs don't really mean anything if none of them are watching - Zoe doesn't pass 2 million views very often anymore despite approaching 12 million.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

Weird Vagina wrote:you can correct our 'illogical' shit in a more polite way though :rofl: lol ok I was just joking :tu: I understand what you mean, and I'm actually the same. I don't even watch youtube as much as I used to anymore, but I like to talk shit about them here lol. I'm not a fan or a complete 'hater' of anyone.

if you think about it in a way, joe's type of content would be more 'profitable' than harrys though. I think a teen audience of girls is the most stupid but loyal one. they buy whatever shit they put out there. boys who watch those fifa/gaming channels are more critical and prone to leave their 'idols' if they did something questionable. little girls have that "HE'S A GOD, HE CAN'T DO WRONG" mentality. I mean, look at zoe's minions... fucking stupid kids I hate them lol.

well, he's never been the most genius creative guy on youtube but I think he's at least better than other gleamers, that's what I'm talking about. if you watch alfie, marcus, etc. they are just typical stupid boys who got lucky, they don't have any talent yeah but it's like they don't even have a brain... even though joe got lucky too, he has at least some different quality to him. yep sudden positivity towards joe lol my life is a huge contradiction lmao.
Joe's audience is more profitable of course for side projects, but Harry has a more stable audience on his videos. Teens girls tend to be more fickle and into things because of looks and what's ~hot at the moment. Where as Harry's viewers are more focused on football and most likely wont ever lost interest in football. He's definitely better than Alfie and Marcus, he still is, and I doubt he will ever be as bad as them. I just think that the hype kinda blinded people into thinking he was so much better than what he is, which happens all the time.

Return to “Thatcher Joe”