Legging and yoga pants discussion

TallButShort

Re: Legging and yoga pants discussion

Post by TallButShort »

It bothers me because I don't want to see all of that, especially when people try and cover it up with a baggy tshirt.....

That's fine to wear it around your house or a quick trip to the store but anywhere else, you need to cover up that shit. It's just like bathing suits! I hate when people just go out shopping in just a bathing suit...

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Angie V »

TallButShort wrote:It bothers me because I don't want to see all of that, especially when people try and cover it up with a baggy tshirt.....

That's fine to wear it around your house or a quick trip to the store but anywhere else, you need to cover up that shit. It's just like bathing suits! I hate when people just go out shopping in just a bathing suit...
With all due respect, if you don't want to see it then look away. If that person doesn't care, likes it and is comfortable in it, then it's no skin off your back. I'm sure you wear things other people don't like to see.
imma ball til the day i fall

JenniferKelley
Lurker
Lurker

Post by JenniferKelley »

I don't leave the house much (I work from home) so I'm usually wearing pyjama pants, but when I do leave the house I'm usually going for a hike/walk, going to the doctor or going to my school to pick up work. 95% of the time wearing yoga pants or leggings. All of them are the VS PINK ones though so they aren't see through and I never wear a shirt that isn't covering my ass. I guess it's just rare to see me in jeans, I find them so uncomfortable and I can never find a good fitting pair.

Post by Guest »

For me personally, I love leggings. I buy thick ones that are actually meant for working out in, not the super sheer kind you get from Forever 21. I always make sure my bum is covered by my tops, and I also make sure the leggings have a diamond gusset (to prevent the dreaded camel toe!). I'll pair it with a cute pair of flats or boots. They help make my legs look slimmer (I'm rather self conscious about my thighs) and the waist bands prevent muffin top.

Of course, every so often I have to throw on a pair of jeans just to make sure I haven't been gaining any weight, hahaha :-D

nashpoo
Talker
Talker

Post by nashpoo »

I wear leggings as pants. And idgaf. Haha. But I only wear Lululemon wunder unders as pants. Not the see through cotton ones. -_-

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

Chloe_Bean wrote: Leggings are fine if they are styled correctly but work out clothes belong in the home or the gym, people are so lazy, idgi. Thank god I went to college in nyc so I never had to endure pajamas in class or anything, my eyes would have hurt fro rolling so much.
Oh god YES! Pyjamas in public so classless. I usually see them at the gas station,Walmart or the grocery store. Drives me mad every time I see it. You're in public, not at home go get dressed!

JenniferKelley
Lurker
Lurker

Post by JenniferKelley »

tamithomas wrote:
Chloe_Bean wrote: Leggings are fine if they are styled correctly but work out clothes belong in the home or the gym, people are so lazy, idgi. Thank god I went to college in nyc so I never had to endure pajamas in class or anything, my eyes would have hurt fro rolling so much.
Oh god YES! Pyjamas in public so classless. I usually see them at the gas station,Walmart or the grocery store. Drives me mad every time I see it. You're in public, not at home go get dressed!
Hahaha, I will admit, I have worn pyjama pants in public, but to be fair, it was in the middle of the night to go to the drugstore when I was sick to get more medicine. :P

Franny
Talker
Talker

Post by Franny »

I can't wrap my mind around why other people care what other people wear. I wear yoga pants all the time because I work out all the time. I'm proud of my nice ass so I want to show it off. Don't like it? Too bad. I go out in yoga pants, a baseball cap, and a t-shirt all the time because it is comfortable. Guys don't seem to have a problem with it either, a lot of guys like a girl that doesn't have to dress up 24/7.

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

Franny wrote:I can't wrap my mind around why other people care what other people wear. I wear yoga pants all the time because I work out all the time. I'm proud of my nice ass so I want to show it off. Don't like it? Too bad. I go out in yoga pants, a baseball cap, and a t-shirt all the time because it is comfortable. Guys don't seem to have a problem with it either, a lot of guys like a girl that doesn't have to dress up 24/7.
Not sure why you're beimng so defensive. Everyone has been guilty at one point or another going "what on earth are they wearing". It's not like we're telling them they absolutely have to dress a certain way, in the end it's anyones choice. We're just discussing our preference. :?

whatsername_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Am I the only one who likes leggings??

Post by whatsername_ »

jeshikadoll wrote: No offense but larger girls shouldn't wearing them.
Offense taken. Why not? I'm pretty sure I, being a 'larger girl', look perfectly presentable in leggings and just because I have a little more meat on my bones doesn't mean I can't wear cute, trendy clothes that 'skinny' folks wear.
Talk about labeling. If you think that's okay or right you can kiss my fat ass.

well wait idk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by well wait idk »

people can wear whatever the hell they want. i wear leggings and yoga pants as pants. it's not my problem that some people dont like it. grow up and life your own life, thanks.

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

I dunno, just whenever I see leggings as pants it doesn't seem much different to me than wearing just nylons with a shirt. Most colored leggings are slightly see through in the daylight. Anyways who hasn't judged what other people are wearing? Unless you've never ever judged a piece of clothing on someone in your life, it's a bit hypocritical to get offended by this thread lol.

Rain~
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Rain~ »

I don't personally wear yoga pants or leggings unless I have a really cute long tank top or shirt and I decide I want to wear leggings with it. I wear work out shorts when I go to the gym instead of yoga pants.
But as for going out wearing them, I honestly do not care what anyone else wears. You can wear whatever the hell you want, it's not my business, my clothes, nor my body so I don't have a say in what you can or cannot wear.

Pinkiegurf24
Debater
Debater

Post by Pinkiegurf24 »

I love wearing leggings and yoga pants and find no problem in wearing them.

But I think that if you have cottage cheese legs (ie this pic) then you probably should wear spandex

Wear flesh colored (big NOOOO)

Or See through

Then either you're partially blind and need your eyes checked, or need a better mirror cause that's a big NO NO!!

Reine
Informer
Informer

Post by Reine »

I love leggings, I just find jeans (even though mine fit really nicely) not my thing. I do wear leggings as pants at home, usually with a big top but if I am out I'll wear them with a dress

ChloeBelle
Learner
Learner

Post by ChloeBelle »

I have just recently stopped wearing leggings as pants. I still will wear yoga pants though. I got into wearing leggings as pants when I started gaining a little bit of weight and my jeans were starting to get uncomfortable, so instead of doing anything about it I spent all winter looking like a bum wearing leggings, big shirts/hoodies, and UGGs (horrid, I know). I am finally fit again. Now whenever I think of leggings it just gives me bad vibes because I remember how awful I felt wearing them and I don't want to feel that ever again.

peetharolls
Talker
Talker

Post by peetharolls »

I wear leggings as pants. I wear them out in public and I wear yoga pants in public also sweat pants. I don't care what other people say about it. I don't think to myself "I wonder who I'm gonna piss off today by wearing these in public". I like to be comfortable lol. I don't wear them with short tops though, normally a longer hoodie or jacket that covers my butt but whatever floats your root beer go for it.

RainySundays
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RainySundays »

peetharolls wrote:I wear leggings as pants. I wear them out in public and I wear yoga pants in public also sweat pants. I don't care what other people say about it. I don't think to myself "I wonder who I'm gonna piss off today by wearing these in public". I like to be comfortable lol. I don't wear them with short tops though, normally a longer hoodie or jacket that covers my butt but whatever floats your root beer go for it.
That is the best thing I have ever heard!

I am a nanny and I wear yoga pants and Norts on a daily basis. I being very active in running around outside with the kids all day and last thing I want to be wearing are jeans or skirts/dresses. I do wear yoga's to the grocery, but leggings seem a little too thin for me although I don't mind them on other people as long as I can't see CT. I honestly feel that leggings are way better than booty shorts where your butt cheeks are visible. So basically I feel like people should wear what ever they want as long as private bits are covered.

peetharolls
Talker
Talker

Post by peetharolls »

RainySundays wrote:
peetharolls wrote:I wear leggings as pants. I wear them out in public and I wear yoga pants in public also sweat pants. I don't care what other people say about it. I don't think to myself "I wonder who I'm gonna piss off today by wearing these in public". I like to be comfortable lol. I don't wear them with short tops though, normally a longer hoodie or jacket that covers my butt but whatever floats your root beer go for it.
That is the best thing I have ever heard!

I am a nanny and I wear yoga pants and Norts on a daily basis. I being very active in running around outside with the kids all day and last thing I want to be wearing are jeans or skirts/dresses. I do wear yoga's to the grocery, but leggings seem a little too thin for me although I don't mind them on other people as long as I can't see CT. I honestly feel that leggings are way better than booty shorts where your butt cheeks are visible. So basically I feel like people should wear what ever they want as long as private bits are covered.
I completely agree! No one wants to see cameltoe but as long as your private areas are covered, I couldnt care less what someone else is wearing.

bl0ndiebabii
Informer
Informer

Post by bl0ndiebabii »

Well now that it's becoming fall weather in my area, the leggings and yoga pants are already in full force. I wear leggings as pants and yoga pants everyday to class because it's college and we in the MidWest are not the most fashion concerned. However, I do believe that people need to be more conscious of how they wear they're leggings and yogas because I've seen some underwear that I didn't need to see or a lack of it so I think it's fine to wear but you need to make sure it's appropriate as well.

Return to “Fashion Discussion”