Tasty Bites: Vegan YouTubers & Vegan Drama

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Tasty Bites: Vegan YouTubers & Vegan Drama

Post by Chloe_Bean »

^ They also don't seem to understand aging and that fat loss occurs naturally as we age, so if you're on the thinner side, yea your face will look older, this goes for people who are vegan and not vegan. Also I know a lot of women and men who have weathered faces from smoking, the sun, etc. None of them are vegan. Like I've seen these people bring up the vegan doctors and it's like, a lot of them are in their 70s and 80s lol, what are they supposed to look like? You could easily make a similar channel for people who eat the SAD.

I see so many annoying "carnivores" on vegan videos now, screaming about vitamin A and whatever else, and they all sound crazy. At least vegans are concerned with the animals and environment and that's why they will bring up people eating meat, what are these people actually concerned about?Because I don't buy that they really give a shit about others' health. They're just trolls.

Glittergirl19
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Glittergirl19 »

They just want to be proven right that veganism can never be healthy so that they can continue to eat meat without guilt. But it is perfectly healthy for most people. Also this channel brought up Ellen and that got me so mad. This woman has given birth three times and is raising kids. Obviously she's not going to look the same as she did years ago before having children.

Post by Guest »

Anyone remember Brianna Jackson? She was an English youtuber that I always thought looked like a weird combination of a 12 year old and a little old lady. She was a raw vegan for a long time after having an eating disorder. She's back to eating omni now as well. She looks like she wants to go for that whole massive booty thick thighs look from some of her gym images, which is her prerogative. None of these ex-vegans really bother me apart from Alyse/Raw Alignment who I think is a horrible person. But Brianna is one I didn't really see going back for some reason, she did seem pretty impassioned about animal rights, but like all the others all she ever did was talk about what she was eating, red flag I suppose. Eisel mazard posted about it if anyone can stand his self important pseudo-intellectual ramblings long enough to watch a video about her. As usual he was big on posting the most revealing shots of her with a nice side of implied body shaming thrown in for good measure. God I hate him.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

Yea Brianna kind of surprises me but again not really bc she came right off an eating disorder. It's obvious that a lot of these people were using veganism as another diet trend and are now onto the next, or were using it to cling to their eating disorders. They probably would have never mentioned the animal aspect but knew it would come across as selfish if they didn't. They were all just parroting each other.

It's funny when ex vegans talk about not wanting to feel so restricted because I eat a way bigger variety of foods (and probably a bit more junk also tbh) than I did before I was vegan. People are spoiled by convenience so when something requires a bit of work (like calling ahead to a restaurant or asking the waiter to modify a meal) they don't want to bother. If they cared they wouldn't have a problem doing it.

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

mermaidher wrote: Anyone remember Brianna Jackson? She was an English youtuber that I always thought looked like a weird combination of a 12 year old and a little old lady. She was a raw vegan for a long time after having an eating disorder. She's back to eating omni now as well. She looks like she wants to go for that whole massive booty thick thighs look from some of her gym images, which is her prerogative. None of these ex-vegans really bother me apart from Alyse/Raw Alignment who I think is a horrible person. But Brianna is one I didn't really see going back for some reason, she did seem pretty impassioned about animal rights, but like all the others all she ever did was talk about what she was eating, red flag I suppose. Eisel mazard posted about it if anyone can stand his self important pseudo-intellectual ramblings long enough to watch a video about her. As usual he was big on posting the most revealing shots of her with a nice side of implied body shaming thrown in for good measure. God I hate him.
I was coming here to talk about her! She did really seem to want to save the animals, but she’s obviously got a job in a gym full of people who probably encouraged her to eat meat for the “gains”. She was not recovered from her eating disorder when she was raw, no matter how much she protested in the video after the BBC documentary she did.

illyxbelle
Learner
Learner

Post by illyxbelle »

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

illyxbelle wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:36 pm
People on crazy restrictive diets like them give the rest of us a bad name.

Post by Guest »

They're only fuelling rumours. Now everybody will freak out over their health of their baby even more if he just disappears from their social media. The conspiracy theories will abound. Generally I have a lot of respect for people who don't want to post their kids online...in this case I bet it will make things worse.

etax11
Learner
Learner

Post by etax11 »

mermaidher wrote: Anyone remember Brianna Jackson? She was an English youtuber that I always thought looked like a weird combination of a 12 year old and a little old lady. She was a raw vegan for a long time after having an eating disorder. She's back to eating omni now as well. She looks like she wants to go for that whole massive booty thick thighs look from some of her gym images, which is her prerogative. None of these ex-vegans really bother me apart from Alyse/Raw Alignment who I think is a horrible person. But Brianna is one I didn't really see going back for some reason, she did seem pretty impassioned about animal rights, but like all the others all she ever did was talk about what she was eating, red flag I suppose. Eisel mazard posted about it if anyone can stand his self important pseudo-intellectual ramblings long enough to watch a video about her. As usual he was big on posting the most revealing shots of her with a nice side of implied body shaming thrown in for good measure. God I hate him.
HOLY SHIT! I had no idea she went back to omni. I feel kinda sad, I also didn't think she'd ever go back (I know about her eating disorders but she seemed to battle all of them successfully while being vegan). Kinda shocked...

anythinggoes
Debater
Debater

Post by anythinggoes »

About Vegan Deterioration, it got me so mad when she posted about Unnatural Vegan. She's had two children and she used 10 year old pictures. Of course you're not going to look the same 10 years ago! It's just logic! It's the vegans on super extreme diets like Freelee, Kristina, etc who do not get the right nutrition who age rapidly as a results. On the other hand, there are vegans like VegAnn aka Rapunzel ASMR who's 32 and has been vegan for 13 years, has had a baby, and looks about 10 years younger. She used to do RawTill4, but it didn't work out for her and went back to her normal vegan diet.

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

anythinggoes wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:48 pm
About Vegan Deterioration, it got me so mad when she posted about Unnatural Vegan. She's had two children and she used 10 year old pictures. Of course you're not going to look the same 10 years ago! It's just logic! It's the vegans on super extreme diets like Freelee, Kristina, etc who do not get the right nutrition who age rapidly as a results. On the other hand, there are vegans like VegAnn aka Rapunzel ASMR who's 32 and has been vegan for 13 years, has had a baby, and looks about 10 years younger. She used to do RawTill4, but it didn't work out for her and went back to her normal vegan diet.
I hate that woman. She has dedicated her life to spreading hate and false information. There are so many gorgeous, thriving vegans that she would never show on her channel. She recently showed images of a vegan kid who supposedly has rickets. His mother is an Instagrammer, and VD said she wanted to see her in prison for doing this to her child (...she never says that about parents of obese or diabetic children raised on a standard American diet, of which there are thousands...). She didn't name the Instagram profile so I searched, hoping I would find it. What I found were loads of gorgeous, healthy looking vegan children. VD is crazy and malicious.
She also ignores the fact that a plump face does not vouch for healthy inner organs. Science shows that so many illnesses that we have come to associate with aging are actually diet related, processed omnivore diet, that is. I once watched a documentary about people following the CRON diet, and while they did look unattractively lean and not necessarily younger than average, medical test showed that their inner organs were more youthful and healthy than those of people following a conventional higher calorie diet.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

The people who complain about vegans looking old do not understand natural aging. And yea, when you have less body fat your face will look more aged, that has nothing to do with being vegan. Neither does aging from sun damage. I've seen people get on the prominent vegan doctors for looking old and it's like, they are old? So many are in their 70s and 80s, what the hell are they supposed to look like? lol it's ridiculous and anyone with even a middling IQ should be able to see that.

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

Brianna Jackfruitson is coming back to youtube! She got a ton of questions about why she's not vegan anymore, so I think she's gonna address it in her video.

anythinggoes
Debater
Debater

Post by anythinggoes »

I know I've posted about the channel Vegan Deterioration before but has anyone seen their latest video about Ellen Fisher and her video about her health after 13 years of veganism? Vegan Deterioration kept saying that having kids doesn't affect your aging... wtf?! This woman clearly doesn't have children. Sleepless nights, stress, and lack of relaxation is obviously going to take a toll on a mother's body. She kept using Anna Saccone as an example of a mom of 4 who has barely aged. Anna spends a lot on cosmetics, lives in a northern climate, and has nannies, thus allowing the aging process to slow down. Ellen (who I am no fan of BTW), on the other hand, homeschools and cares for her children all day, bakes in the Hawaiian sun often, and has so little fat and protein in her diet so of course she is going to age faster than Anna. The only reason why Vegan Deterioration used Anna was because she isn't vegan, that's all. She never uses any evidence in her videos & pretty much only uses unflattering photos of vegans on extreme diets such as Freelee. There are tons of vegans out there with balanced diets that look fantastic. Take a look at Niomi Smart, she has been plant based for several years now and looks stunning as ever, but no way would Vegan Deterioration use her as an example because veganism only causes people to be sickly skinny and malnourished according to her. She never discusses the poor SAD and its problems. I am in no way saying the veganism is for everyone-- to each one's own, but don't give it a bad reputation with out examining all sides, using scientific and fact based evidence to support your claims, or discussing how awful animal agriculture is for the environment and the abuse animals endure. Sorry for that rant!

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

anythinggoes wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:21 pm
I know I've posted about the channel Vegan Deterioration before but has anyone seen their latest video about Ellen Fisher and her video about her health after 13 years of veganism? Vegan Deterioration kept saying that having kids doesn't affect your aging... wtf?! This woman clearly doesn't have children. Sleepless nights, stress, and lack of relaxation is obviously going to take a toll on a mother's body. She kept using Anna Saccone as an example of a mom of 4 who has barely aged. Anna spends a lot on cosmetics, lives in a northern climate, and has nannies, thus allowing the aging process to slow down. Ellen (who I am no fan of BTW), on the other hand, homeschools and cares for her children all day, bakes in the Hawaiian sun often, and has so little fat and protein in her diet so of course she is going to age faster than Anna. The only reason why Vegan Deterioration used Anna was because she isn't vegan, that's all. She never uses any evidence in her videos & pretty much only uses unflattering photos of vegans on extreme diets such as Freelee. There are tons of vegans out there with balanced diets that look fantastic. Take a look at Niomi Smart, she has been plant based for several years now and looks stunning as ever, but no way would Vegan Deterioration use her as an example because veganism only causes people to be sickly skinny and malnourished according to her. She never discusses the poor SAD and its problems. I am in no way saying the veganism is for everyone-- to each one's own, but don't give it a bad reputation with out examining all sides, using scientific and fact based evidence to support your claims, or discussing how awful animal agriculture is for the environment and the abuse animals endure. Sorry for that rant!
Anna Saccone has also had a ton of botox, so she's a terrible example of a "natural" non-vegan youtuber mum

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

dietgossip wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:00 am
anythinggoes wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:21 pm
Anna Saccone has also had a ton of botox, so she's a terrible example of a "natural" non-vegan youtuber mum
Botox or not, Anna Saccone has aged noticeably and badly over the years. She has always had pretty bad skin (acneic, dehydrated, sun-damaged, leathery, prematurely wrinkled) and it got progressively worse. She is definitely not a poster girl for good skin, or good diet for that matter.
Vegan Deterioration should check out someone like Sweet Potato Soul, a vegan woman of color with a small child. But VD would die of envy and mortification, because she will never come close to looking that healthy, happy, gorgeous and glowing.

sah6994
Learner
Learner

Post by sah6994 »

I just saw that Brianna jackfruitson is uploading again.., and is no longer vegan! I completely sympathise from a MH point of view, but I do find it hypocritical how she was so demonising of non-vegans.

For me, it also proved she wasn’t ever really vegan. Veganism is NOT a lifestyle choice, it’s a way of life based on ethics. For me, food is just a tiny fraction of veganism, what she basically did was plant-based. Interested to see her content moving forward and the response.

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

sah6994 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:58 pm
I just saw that Brianna jackfruitson is uploading again.., and is no longer vegan! I completely sympathise from a MH point of view, but I do find it hypocritical how she was so demonising of non-vegans.

For me, it also proved she wasn’t ever really vegan. Veganism is NOT a lifestyle choice, it’s a way of life based on ethics. For me, food is just a tiny fraction of veganism, what she basically did was plant-based. Interested to see her content moving forward and the response.
I do wonder how much of her digestive issues were caused by her disordered eating. Like yeah, she said she has a soy intolerance but she also blamed fibre for being constipated.

I have sympathy for her though, she has been through a lot. Good on Miles for still being friends with her though! Shows they have an actual, genuine friendship which is rare on youtube

Oleea
Learner
Learner

Post by Oleea »

Anyone watched Vegan Gains latest video? 🙄🙄🙄 I have no idea if this #metoo or genuine is not, but I am so fucking sick of red pill pricks just attacking the validity of anyone who comes forward. Out and out calling her a liar because her story changed, acting as if he was there and knows everything. That doesn't mean she's lying, especially if she was drunk, is suffering trauma and isn't even a native English speaker. I really can't stand him.

As for Brianna, I'm kind of glad she's not vegan, she genuinely has too many issues with food. I could've done without another why I'm no longer vegan video though. Every single one of these people fucked themselves up following stupid diets. I'm trying not to place blame, because Freelee was so big at the time, most of these people are very young, and most of them are coming from eating disorder backgrounds. But none of them seem to want to take any responsibility for the fact that they followed a stupid diet and paid the price. I occasionally meet with local activists (don't do much myself because I'm too quiet and non-confrontational) and a fuck ton of them are in their 40s, 50s and 60s and have been vegan since the 80s or 90s. Diet culture is unfortunately ruining veganism like it's ruined everything else. I wish these restrictive health vegans would just fuck off, the climate needs more vegans right now, or at least people who think it's healthy to cut way back on animal products, not falling down this stupid carnivore rabbit hole.

sah6994
Learner
Learner

Post by sah6994 »

Her latest video “spilling the tea” on Nicokado... is it just me who finds her so arrogant in the way she talks? All that “your girl” and referring to herself in the fourth person, meanwhile slagging off all those who basically got her channel to where it was. Whose “girl” does she think she is now?

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”