Tasty Bites: Vegan YouTubers & Vegan Drama

ytlover88
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tasty Bites: Vegan YouTubers & Vegan Drama

Post by ytlover88 »

Ha I’m glad I’m not the only one who though it was Barry!

Crumpets4life
Learner
Learner

Post by Crumpets4life »

Does anyone know what happened to Julia Boer? She was a recovering anorexic Romanian teenager who got brainwashed by Freelee and DurianRider. She was basically living off white rice and jam everyday. Then she went to their Thai fest in the summer of 2016. After that, she suddenly stopped uploading to YouTube. I tried to see what she's up to the other day but she appears to have deleted all of her social media!

Abielectric
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Abielectric »

Crumpets4life wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:24 am
Does anyone know what happened to Julia Boer? She was a recovering anorexic Romanian teenager who got brainwashed by Freelee and DurianRider. She was basically living off white rice and jam everyday. Then she went to their Thai fest in the summer of 2016. After that, she suddenly stopped uploading to YouTube. I tried to see what she's up to the other day but she appears to have deleted all of her social media!
I remember her! I hope she is okay, she seemed very lost. I also remember Brianna making awful videos about her, like laughing at how she gained weight after recovering.

anythinggoes
Debater
Debater

Post by anythinggoes »

Abielectric wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:30 am
Crumpets4life wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:24 am
I remember her! I hope she is okay, she seemed very lost. I also remember Brianna making awful videos about her, like laughing at how she gained weight after recovering.
I forgot who it was but some Youtuber posted a picture of her awhile ago and she looked way healthier. I'm guessing she felt remorseful about her content and realized what she was doing was really dangerous. Lol I remember her thousand calorie oatmeal breakfast.

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

Brianna Jackson's stories of her body are definitely body checking

8gurugossiper8
Learner
Learner

Post by 8gurugossiper8 »

Did something happen to Edgy Veg, or maybe I never noticed before, but she's wearing what looks like sexy Halloween costumes and full-faced shiny makeup. It's especially distracting because I've never seen such extraordinary glam for something so simple as recipe videos.

anythinggoes
Debater
Debater

Post by anythinggoes »

Does anybody watch Vegan Phobic. They are basically Vegan Deterioration 2.0 and make the most pathetic content I've ever seen. One of their videos was called "Vegan 'I'm starving' Compilation" which is literally just a compilation of people saying I'm so hungry before eating. Every person on the planet has said "I'm hungry" before eating. Why eat when you're not hungry? They basically said that vegans are always starving and non-vegans are satisfied and never hungry 24/7, it's ridiculous. I'm not vegan and I feel hungry before I eat, it's only natural! Also, does anyone watch Abbey Sharp? I know she has a thread here but I was wondering your thoughts about her vegan videos.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

8gurugossiper8 wrote:Did something happen to Edgy Veg, or maybe I never noticed before, but she's wearing what looks like sexy Halloween costumes and full-faced shiny makeup. It's especially distracting because I've never seen such extraordinary glam for something so simple as recipe videos.
I think she got divorced. She’s definitely on kind of a weird path lately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

anythinggoes wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 3:09 pm
Also, does anyone watch Abbey Sharp? I know she has a thread here but I was wondering your thoughts about her vegan videos.
I stopped watching Abbey cause she just stirs up drama by judging people on how they eat tbh. I find her very critical of veganism.

anythinggoes
Debater
Debater

Post by anythinggoes »

So Maddie Lymburner is no longer vegan. From what I could gather she was having menstrual problems and acne and saw doctors, but didn't want to go on birth control so she's now resorting to fish and eggs-- the classic post-vegan food. As an ethical vegan, you would've thought she would just go on the pill or some sort of hormonal birth control. I have hormonal issues and that's how I've been treating mine, I still have acne though. Of course Vegan Deterioration made a video saying she was so thin and had thin skin which was caused by veganism. That lady literally never takes into account how much sun damage hurts the skin which is what happened to Maddie and Maddie also exercises a ton which won't help hormonal issues either. She definitely had a fat percentage that was too low for her.

LydiaDeetzhat
Debater
Debater

Post by LydiaDeetzhat »

Any thoughts on Madeleine Olivia ? I used to like her but shes got more and more snooty lately. I love bloggers who keep it real and don't pretend to alwas be OK but she's becoming as moany as Lily Pebbles. Her IG is full of her whining on about her supposed anxieties and she seems to be abnormally obsessed with her periods which I find deeply weird. Never come across anyone else in life who whines and carries on and over shares about her period. It's a part of life but your whole life doesnt revolve around them. Every IG story seems to be an ad so perhaps she should change her name to Ad -eline..

ThatPerson
Debater
Debater

Post by ThatPerson »

Idk if it still counts because she's no longer vegan, but Brianna Jackfruitson is looking so unhealthy in her newest video. :? She seems to have lost so much weight noticeably in the face which is causing her skin to be saggy for her age. Generally worried that she's not going to be "bigorexic"

Oleea
Learner
Learner

Post by Oleea »

Uh...anyone watched Unnatural Vegan lately? I can't decide if she's so out of touch with how she's nuking her YT career or whether she's trying to go for the "I'm a free speech liberal grifter" anti SJW atheist schtick, but seriously WTF is she doing? I always found her insufferably smug but occasionally she puts out a really good take on something, but she seems to have totally jumped the shark. Talking about "veganphobia" in comparison to issues Black or gay people face is just...in 2021? Come on. She's getting as cringy as A Bas Le Ciel.

anythinggoes
Debater
Debater

Post by anythinggoes »

Oleea wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:55 am
Uh...anyone watched Unnatural Vegan lately? I can't decide if she's so out of touch with how she's nuking her YT career or whether she's trying to go for the "I'm a free speech liberal grifter" anti SJW atheist schtick, but seriously WTF is she doing? I always found her insufferably smug but occasionally she puts out a really good take on something, but she seems to have totally jumped the shark. Talking about "veganphobia" in comparison to issues Black or gay people face is just...in 2021? Come on. She's getting as cringy as A Bas Le Ciel.
Honestly, I think she's just been thirsty for attention lately. I used to really like her and appreciated her calling out problematic Youtubers, but she's been off her rocker lately and that contrarian schtick that she does is just obnoxious.

anythinggoes
Debater
Debater

Post by anythinggoes »

Does anyone follow Sarah Lemkus, aka the Kiwi Ellen Fisher? She's no longer vegan and basically only ever talks about her religion now. She referred to having food as an "idol" but stated that she never had an eating disorder, yet obsessing over food constantly is definitely disordered. She basically uses Christianity to justify every decision she makes now. She was having hormonal issues, yet is still seeing naturopaths and I guarantee she's anti vax and supposedly her doctor begged her to eat animal products which I highly doubt.

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

Wait what happened with Sarah? I used to like her vlogs. She was always very religious, but I got the impression she toned it down for her chanek.

She was just another one of those youtubers who had an eating disorder, then jumped onto veganism (i.e another restricted or disordered diet).

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

Has anyone been watching HealthyCrazyCool / Miles Kasiri? He has been living with Jil Zeletzki (JiliciousJourney) for about a year now, after they met online. He seems to be happy, but he has lost so much weight that many people are alarmed and speculating about an eating disorder, even though Miles has always been impeccable with his nutrition. Viewers of his channel seem to love Jil, but I am a bit weary of her due to what I know of her from her own channel back in the day, and her Instagram. She is a bit too new age for me, and she basically only does sponsorships. And does anyone still remember Joe Best? He is the guy with all the drama regarding the young women he hosted in Chiang Mai, of which Jil was one. So many weird things have happened in the vegan community.

Treefood666
Learner
Learner

Post by Treefood666 »

does anyone watch sarah'svegankitchen? i got into her years ago cause she had like a fun personality but she's slowly become like an unmotivated woo woo girl. she never did get as bad as some of the female vegan youtubers, but she did do the high carb low fat stuff for a bit and you can tell she does anything if someone makes it sound "spiritual" enough. she doesn't seem to have any consistency (constantly dropping and picking up exercise or artistic pursuits) and seems to be chasing that magic diet that'll fix her. which is never gonna happen cause she can't stick to anything and lies about a lot of food stuff. like she really for awhile wanted everyone to believe she had always had problems with gluten and hadn't just hopped on the gluten free trend with everyone else, only to down a whole bunch of white bread the next video or promoting those mushroom coffees.she's also constantly buying stuff like clothes, appliances, etc just to use it for a couple of weeks and then "declutter" it away. i also don't like her boyfriend, who she occasionally keeps trying to make a part of her channel. you can tell he doesn't care about her food stuff though and just wants to use her videos to push their music. they also have a podcast where he tries so hard to make a catchphrase or make some kind of inside joke only for listeners and its really cringey
eating dumplings

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”