Estée Lalonde - General thread part 17

Unicorns
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Estée Lalonde - General thread part 17

Post by Unicorns »

smashthebox wrote:She keeps going to Conestoga Mall because it's the closest one to her. I don't know why she doesn't go to Toronto when she visits home, it's a quick greyhound trip over I used to do it all the time.
Tbf, she was in Toronto, then went back to KW to be with her family for the holidays. She was probably bored at home and went to her most favourite place: The mall.

RE: her Shopper's Dug Mart complaint-I feel she is justified in feeling uncomfortable if someone was following her around the store. And to be honest, it was probably one of her supporters that recognized her but wasn't sure if it was her or not/too shy to go up to her and say hi. If I were her, I would have let it go, unless they were harassing me. But she likes to blow things out of proportion... But to be fair, we don't know the full story (however, I doubt anything serious happened.) Like many people said, she should have just confronted the manager in the store.

I'm surprised she hasn't experienced something like that before. I know a lot of you will say "But Estee is not that big of a deal". I mean, she isn't to most of the public. But if you just take a trip to Indigo/Chapters, you see her face plastered on her Bloom books which are sprinkled throughout the store (At least the one in her hometown had Bloom right in the front for you to see when you walk in). She's bound to get noticed by someone.

funwithnames
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by funwithnames »

Granted, we don't know what happened, but filming yourself making the call to the manager? How pathetic.
Speaking of which: she retweeted someone who wrote she needed to be praised for being the hardest working YouTuber. In which universe would that be?
And it seems she gets to go to the BAFTAs this year, too ... Hope they have the backup dress ready.
*Stop making stupid people famous.*

Owli
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Owli »

Hope this doesn't turn too TMI, but I am just wondering about the privilege thing. It's just that I would say about myself that I am privileged, too in a number of ways. I don't see a problem with someone being privileged. However, it's how people act and communicate their privilege. It annoys me so much that there are people like Estee who just act like shit within their privilege-bubble. Because of course not all privileged people are like. This is not to say that I am the best person on this planet - but I try to make sure to meet my friends, work hard at uni and my job, and show my parents that I am super grateful for my situation. Same for my relationship. Which always has been hard work and certainly some shitty times, too.
(I guess I am always worried to come across as arrogant and snobbish - hopefully I don't, I am very aware of all that)

And then there is Essie, filming herslf calling a manager about nothing (I agree with others; if she had issues at the store, she could have talked to people directly at the store).

Ugh, these youtubers are so frustrating :?

tadahhhhh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tadahhhhh »

I don't think there's any excuse for her behaviour. Even if the employee was following her around or being weird, there's really no need to complain about it AND post it to social media. That to me reeks of ego. It's like when her and the Assland were complaining about spending 10 bucks for their masses of luggage. She really needs to get over herself.

Yeah I get we don't know the full story but we all know what a drama queen Estee is. Sounds like another diva hissy fit to me. Also, does anyone else find it really weird that she goes back to the same mall she used to work in and then complains about the staff? I'm just going on what CrazyCapric0rn wrote earlier, but I find that really weird. It's like she has this really snotty, high and mighty attitude whenever she goes home and acts like the place is so beneath her now. I don't know why she has to be such a bitch. In terms of YT fame and 'celebrity' she is basically a nobody, even if she has got that godawful book out. She barely has over a million subscribers and that has been stagnant for quite some time. It's not as if she's hit 10 million. She's like a freaking hillbilly who won the lottery. She has no manners, no style, no integrity, and for someone who has worked in retail herself, she treats other people in the service industry like garbage. I really can't bare her anymore!!

funwithnames
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by funwithnames »

tadahhhhh wrote:I don't think there's any excuse for her behaviour. Even if the employee was following her around or being weird, there's really no need to complain about it AND post it to social media. That to me reeks of ego. It's like when her and the Assland were complaining about spending 10 bucks for their masses of luggage. She really needs to get over herself.

Yeah I get we don't know the full story but we all know what a drama queen Estee is. Sounds like another diva hissy fit to me. Also, does anyone else find it really weird that she goes back to the same mall she used to work in and then complains about the staff? I'm just going on what CrazyCapric0rn wrote earlier, but I find that really weird. It's like she has this really snotty, high and mighty attitude whenever she goes home and acts like the place is so beneath her now. I don't know why she has to be such a bitch. In terms of YT fame and 'celebrity' she is basically a nobody, even if she has got that godawful book out. She barely has over a million subscribers and that has been stagnant for quite some time. It's not as if she's hit 10 million. She's like a freaking hillbilly who won the lottery. She has no manners, no style, no integrity, and for someone who has worked in retail herself, she treats other people in the service industry like garbage. I really can't bare her anymore!!
It would be hilarious if they followed her around not because they recognised her, but because they thought she would nick something? :D ("Don't you know who I am? I'm Estée Lalonde of YouTube fame and really wealthy!")

I agree. She has no style or grace, a perfect example of nouveau-riche (which she wouldn't be able to pronounce properly). Her "fame" will not last, I'm sure. Karma, baby.
*Stop making stupid people famous.*

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

Estee is very entitled and her catty, arrogant, mean-streak personality comes out whenever she feels insulted, even slightly which does not even warrant an impulsively melodramatic response.

She's a big attention-seeker and wants people to praise her, on how superior and special she is and for her to act as though those people who work in retail positions are beneath her. She was once an employee at The Body Shop so the hypocrisy is real. People working in retail already have a very demandingly difficult job and work long hours. Estee just exaggerated the issue on purpose so that her followers could say 'Slay', 'Drag them', 'YASSSS!' and all those ridiculous slang terms that are meaningless.

It doesn't mean that she has a large following on YouTube that she's suddenly invincible to any forms of authority. Her background story is of taking a gamble in life and simply struck gold, meeting Aslan as another poster accurately mentioned.

When her YouTube career stagnates and fades to dust, she can't use her stupid online status to act as if she's above everybody else. Estee you are not royalty or of a higher status. You're boyfriend is the one with the fraudulent wealth. Yes. You are an author, but outside of YouTube particularly those who are not present online will not know who you are so get you're head out of the clouds.

There are definitely mature ways of resolving problems in public, than acting childish and throwing a tantrum. We have all been in uncomfortable situations where we felt irritated, but as and adult having composure makes you appear controlled and professional.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

I think the more likely scenario is that it was a bored cosmetic counter salesperson who was looking to help out and just isn't tactful about it. Shoppers has a dedicated 'cosmetic' person in their beauty aisles and I find they often wander around a lot to see if they can sell you something.

Of course there's a chance this person was being rude and watching her too closely. But you're a grown woman, simply turn around and ask if there's a problem. Or if it's still bothering you, drive over again, or the next day, and speak to the manager about it. Calling the chain is just stupid lmao.

CrazyCapric0rn
Talker
Talker

Post by CrazyCapric0rn »

@Owli - I think the majority here agrees with you. There is nothing wrong with being privileged as long as you acknowledge it! I watch many people on Youtube who are far more privileged than Estee (example Amelia), however you would never see that kind of behaviour coming from them. I too consider myself privileged in many ways but I know that I am lucky and that where I am today is not only the result of hard work, but other factors as well and I never take it for granted.

@tadahhhhh - This is exactly my problem with her. She goes back to that mall acting as if she is above all, which certainly is not the case. Like someone mentioned a while ago in this thread, had it not been for her mom's money and Aslan's money, she would have never been able to move to the UK to be with him. She was NOT supporting herself according to her book where she wrote that she only worked 1 day a week, and this in itself is LUCK and PRIVILEGE. She was LUCKY that her bf and mom were able to financially support her decision to move to the UK!!! The only reason she comes back to that mall is so she can snapchat how she used to work at the popcorn stand (which she loves to mention unlike the other jobs she's had, i.e. Body shop, Apple store) because she thinks it "humbles her" or makes it look like she started from nothing when in reality this is not the case. It is VERY common for kids in Canada to have similar jobs as their first jobs (McDonalds, Tim Hortons, food court), it humours me that she thinks she's special because of it.

You would think she would have some humility for people working in retail because it can be very challenging and people can be dicks, however what do you expect from somebody who has stopped working ~8 years ago?! It's unreal to me that she has not had a 'real job' for so long when she is at such a young age.

& if she considers herself a 'girl boss' or a 'bad ass' then she should have confronted the employee right then and there because she's 'such a bad-ass' you guys. Also, where the heck was Aslan??? He could have said something if this was truly such an uncomfortable experience. As usual, I think she is just exaggerating and making a big deal out of nothing. Also, true dat to whoever said she may have seemed suspicious, it wouldn't surprise me if she walked in there like she owned the place and that employee found it odd.

Honestly, she is such a disgrace and embarrassment to Kitchener-Waterloo..... this is not what KW people are like. :roll:

vanillafilter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillafilter »

Wouldn't it be insane if she just invented the whole situation and faked the phone call to Shoppers to gain sympathy online? *conspiracy theory*

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

It's very possible and I wouldn't put it past her. She's a self-absorbed drama queen after all :roll:

Return to “Estee Lalonde”