Sunbeamsjess Part 2

Re: Sunbeamsjess Part 2

Post by Guest »

Have y'all seen her latest blog post? It took her a month to churn out two far away outfit photos taken in the dark around new years and a short blurb about going to a restaurant which she, predictably, had no photos of or in.

Working hard or hardly working?

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

Hardly working. I've said it before, but her writing in her blog posts aren't great. She writes exactly how she would be saying it

chairman_meow
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by chairman_meow »

Yeah, I lost all of the excitement from her videos and the blog is even more dull. She's just become bland ever since vlogmas and vlogtober went downhill.

HelenaL
Debater
Debater

Post by HelenaL »

I cannot work out what has happened to her, it's almost as though she left her personality behind in Edinburgh.

potnoodlegirl
Informer
Informer

Post by potnoodlegirl »

I think what's wrong is that she hates her masters. I was just about to post this then realised she's put up a blog post basically saying that exact thing. I knew she was moping for her mates in Edinburgh.

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

her blog is so bloody hard to navigate

HelenaL
Debater
Debater

Post by HelenaL »

potnoodlegirl wrote:I think what's wrong is that she hates her masters. I was just about to post this then realised she's put up a blog post basically saying that exact thing. I knew she was moping for her mates in Edinburgh.
It doesn’t really say a lot about her if she can’t motivate herself without being surrounded by her best friends. April and Rachel aren’t going to be constantly at her side during her working life - what is she going to do then?

It’s funny, I was always envious of Jessie’s experience of university because it was what I had hoped my uni days would be like. I graduated in 2017 not having enjoyed my Undergrad at all but I am loving Postgrad life and having a great time - literally the complete opposite of Jess. I do hope she picks herself up soon because she has a lovely life that many would give anything to have. Then again, I also know that sometimes it’s easier said than done.

Post by Guest »

Oh my gosh that blog post about grad school is a real swan dive into how much she indulges herself.

She thinks she's so busy? Really?

And she thinks she should have taken "at least a year" off before her master's because she had a busy summer (traveling, not working, btw) and she wanted to settle into London. What, exactly, would she have filled that year with? I'm tempted to think nothing productive.

HelenaL
Debater
Debater

Post by HelenaL »

^ To be honest, I understand where she's coming from with the whole 'I was exhausted after the effort of final year' thing because I was too. But I think it's really just that she doesn't like her new course and it's dragging her down. If she had managed to find a Master's that she liked she wouldn't be feeling so tired and run down because she'd be enjoying herself and that would be driving her forward. Her sudden slump has very little to do with how hard she worked last year, in my opinion. It sounds like wishing she had taken a year out is another way of saying that she could have done more research into the different options open to her.

sleepyhead19
Talker
Talker

Post by sleepyhead19 »

HelenaL wrote:^ To be honest, I understand where she's coming from with the whole 'I was exhausted after the effort of final year' thing because I was too. But I think it's really just that she doesn't like her new course and it's dragging her down. If she had managed to find a Master's that she liked she wouldn't be feeling so tired and run down because she'd be enjoying herself and that would be driving her forward. Her sudden slump has very little to do with how hard she worked last year, in my opinion. It sounds like wishing she had taken a year out is another way of saying that she could have done more research into the different options open to her.
She limited her options to “london” and “taught masters program”. And she only applied to one program. I think she’s very much Edinburgh-sick, and since she’s admitted herself that she’s shy, making new friends is a lot of effort for her, especially after she has to “break up” from her friends and her routine. I think it’s fair that she needs time to adjust, like most of other uni students in their first semester or so. But she really seems to not be enjoying herself at all and lacking friends to motivate her, she inevitably fall down into a slump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Perhaps she could just defer for about and take a break.

TBH I think part of it has to do with her living at home... even in a huge beautiful house like that, it's an adjustment to go from the mentality of 'being on your own' to back in your family house. Not saying that people who live at home are like this, not at all, but rather it's the movement at having left the nest to psychologically going back in it, in a way.

I think she would've done better to get herself an apartment in London and make a new life that way. Right now she probably associates independence and the go getter attitude with being in Edinburgh, and she could have that in London too.

But things are what they are, and she could probably change her mindset through small things like working in cafes and libraries, spending more time on campus, treating her school as a job that she leaves for every day. As it is, she takes baths in the morning and works in her bedroom.

whateveryt
Debater
Debater

Post by whateveryt »

She had plenty of friends in London? Why doesn't she hang with them anymore?

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

Her post sounded so whiny. Oh no, she has to study, go to uni, hang out with friends and family AND make youtube videos and write blogposts. If she didn't want the stress of launching a blog, then she didn't need to launch it.

alliwantistruth
Informer
Informer

Post by alliwantistruth »

I unsubbed from her channel, finally. Well, I say finally, but I discovered her winter 2015, so just over 2 years later lol, but she's changed massively from the person I subbed to!

ezri
Talker
Talker

Post by ezri »

She really is the epitome of the poor little rich girl.

Post by Guest »

I think we're due for a new thread for her, now that we are past 40 pages. Anyone care to do the honors? Any name suggestions?

daisylike
Talker
Talker

Post by daisylike »

I think that the fact that she spent the first two years (I think it was two years) doing the bare minimum in Edinburgh, she only had to pass, allowed her to get into the programme. She even said that she wouldn’t really go to classes nor did she apply herself that much. However, in a master’s programme that’s not the common approach, usually you just start at full speed, so she may not be used to not having time to process things in this time frame. Though I still think this is a rather princess issue and she should try to develop better coping and organizational skills.

puresoul
Learner
Learner

Post by puresoul »

At least she’s somewhat self-aware, she knows that her post might’ve ended up sounding a bit whiny, as she said herself. However, I personally didn’t find what she said to be whiny nor did I think she was complaining, but that might be because I like her a bit too much & am maybe unconsciously turning a blind eye to the negative attributes of her personality.

sleepyhead19
Talker
Talker

Post by sleepyhead19 »

puresoul wrote:At least she’s somewhat self-aware, she knows that her post might’ve ended up sounding a bit whiny, as she said herself. However, I personally didn’t find what she said to be whiny nor did I think she was complaining, but that might be because I like her a bit too much & am maybe unconsciously turning a blind eye to the negative attributes of her personality.
Real question; why are you here then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

puresoul
Learner
Learner

Post by puresoul »

sleepyhead19 wrote:Real question; why are you here then?
I'm not here to defend her, if that's what you're insinuating, just giving my two cents on the blogpost, and as I also said in my previous post -- maybe I'm just unconsciously turning a blind eye to her complaining about uni -- which means I might be ignoring it, not that it doesn't exist & I'm not aware of it. Didn't realize that my post came across as me praising her to high heavens. I'm here because I haven't followed her from the very beginning & I feel like reading what people have to say here keeps me kind of in the loop & is also a way to acquire a bit more knowledge of her and her videos. The fact that I like someone doesn't mean that I always have to like everything that comes out of their mouth or everything they do & that I can't be critical of their actions or call them out when they're being problematic. Yeah, sometimes I wish that her vlogs would show a bit more than just her doing her homework, and I don't really agree with her on what she said about veganism, I find creepers to be one of the most hideous shoes alongside with those Jeffrey Campbell ones and quite frankly should be set on fire, sometimes I think that her style is kind of ridiculous, don't really care for the stuff that companies & brands send her and am not interested in them when she shows them in her vlogs, also thinking about her diet (all that ramen and diet coke) makes me sick, can I be here now?

Return to “sunbeamsjess”