:tu:

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jenna Marbles- Part 3

Post by Mosie926 »

If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

harvestmoongoddess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by harvestmoongoddess »

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

eevee
Informer
Informer

Post by eevee »

Binx
Debater
Debater

Post by Binx »

<3

macaroon
Learner
Learner

Post by macaroon »

Taffer wrote:Like I stated previously, her target demographic is kids/teenagers. She hasn't gotten more or less mature. Her brand of humor, apealing to the lowest common denominator, has always been in the style of "ha ha ha i'm a girl and boys totally do that." I mean that is her most popular series of videos and her other videos don't drift too far away from that teen oriented humor. Look regardless if you love Jenna, you hate Jenna, or your neutral on her, she has an established audience that she needs to appeal to.
So we all agree that Jenna's audience is kids/teenagers. But is it OK that she gives platform to con artists like Freelee (drug addict) and Durianrider (drug addict and a convict) who promote this extreme fad diet Raw Till 4 -- the most dangerous and restrictive eating plan, that has nothing to do with veganism?
I'm finding it hard to care about anything these days. In fact, the only thing I do care about is the fact that I can't care about anything. Seriously, it worries me.

choochy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by choochy »

:love2: :love2:

LisaH
Learner
Learner

Post by LisaH »

macaroon wrote:
Taffer wrote:Like I stated previously, her target demographic is kids/teenagers. She hasn't gotten more or less mature. Her brand of humor, apealing to the lowest common denominator, has always been in the style of "ha ha ha i'm a girl and boys totally do that." I mean that is her most popular series of videos and her other videos don't drift too far away from that teen oriented humor. Look regardless if you love Jenna, you hate Jenna, or your neutral on her, she has an established audience that she needs to appeal to.
So we all agree that Jenna's audience is kids/teenagers. But is it OK that she gives platform to con artists like Freelee (drug addict) and Durianrider (drug addict and a convict) who promote this extreme fad diet Raw Till 4 -- the most dangerous and restrictive eating plan, that has nothing to do with veganism?
Where has it been said that they are drug addicts? I would believe Durianrider is one but Freelee ?

shmeeble
Debater
Debater

Post by shmeeble »

:tu:

Post by Guest »

Hey guys I watched the recent podcast and I was wondering what the whole Tana thing is about? I saw some comments saying how they deliberately left her out and the last thread on here was also talking about her. I was just wondering if someone could fill me in. Thanks!

hissss
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by hissss »

macaroon wrote:
First of all, Freelee isn't a "con artist". You might not agree with her dietary choices and her moral views, but she isn't a con artist. She literally just encourages people to eat a healthy plant or fruit-based diet, and I genuinely don't understand why that pisses some people off. Raw till 4 isn't restrictive in comparison to A LOT of diets, so enough with the misinformation. Also, what does their past have to do with what they're currently doing? Do you think that everyone who's ever had a history of substance abuse doesn't deserve the opportunity to be heard when they're contributing to a good cause? Feel free to dislike Freelee as much as you want, but stop acting like she's harmful.

EveryJuan
Informer
Informer

Post by EveryJuan »

Kikyo754 wrote:Hey guys I watched the recent podcast and I was wondering what the whole Tana thing is about? I saw some comments saying how they deliberately left her out and the last thread on here was also talking about her. I was just wondering if someone could fill me in. Thanks!
There was debatable incident regarding Tana not long ago. At the time of the claims, Tana was underage (idk how old she is now) and her channel had yet to really blow up like it has now. She claimed a particular viner hit her up and requested nude pics (said viner was allegedy Evan Breen). Tana created a video about it, with a comedic undertone. She got a lot of backlash for it. She says that she looked up to Julien as an idol as well as Jenna, and she tried to reach out to them on twitter, either one or both of them blocked and/or unfollowed her (idk). She says they were siding with Evan Breen and was upset that her idol wouldn't support her (which he has no obligation to do...)

They most likely didn't want to get involved in the drama, and chose to cut out the Tana part of the podcast in order to avoid bringing it up again, which is fair enough. Tana thrives on drama, and its clear that neither Jenna nor Julien buy into any of that.

Post by Guest »

EveryJuan wrote:
Kikyo754 wrote:Hey guys I watched the recent podcast and I was wondering what the whole Tana thing is about? I saw some comments saying how they deliberately left her out and the last thread on here was also talking about her. I was just wondering if someone could fill me in. Thanks!
There was debatable incident regarding Tana not long ago. At the time of the claims, Tana was underage (idk how old she is now) and her channel had yet to really blow up like it has now. She claimed a particular viner hit her up and requested nude pics (said viner was allegedy Evan Breen). Tana created a video about it, with a comedic undertone. She got a lot of backlash for it. She says that she looked up to Julien as an idol as well as Jenna, and she tried to reach out to them on twitter, either one or both of them blocked and/or unfollowed her (idk). She says they were siding with Evan Breen and was upset that her idol wouldn't support her (which he has no obligation to do...)

They most likely didn't want to get involved in the drama, and chose to cut out the Tana part of the podcast in order to avoid bringing it up again, which is fair enough. Tana thrives on drama, and its clear that neither Jenna nor Julien buy into any of that.
Thanks for filling me in.

Oxford
Debater
Debater

Post by Oxford »

She was so quiet and depressing in her 300th video.

alex_underwater
Debater
Debater

Post by alex_underwater »

Oxford wrote:She was so quiet and depressing in her 300th video.
It sounded like an ASMR video tbh. I didn't find it depressing, maybe nostalgic and emotional. But definitely very different from her usual videos.
If a youtuber falls in a stage show or tour, are they still like us?

Crylaugh
Informer
Informer

Post by Crylaugh »

Idk, to me it just sounded like she was trying way too hard to prove that she's not "crazy old jenna" anymore. She kept saying that she was too loud etc and that she has grown and matured, yeah ok guess that podcast three weeks ago where she kept playing fucking loud music never happened then.

Oxford
Debater
Debater

Post by Oxford »

alex_underwater wrote:
It sounded like an ASMR video tbh. I didn't find it depressing, maybe nostalgic and emotional. But definitely very different from her usual videos.
She was just putting her old videos down the whole time, I didn't find it nostalgic as she was talking shit about videos I used to enjoy and the videos that made her channel what it is today. I found it depressing, her voice almost sounded sad. I felt weird after it.

alex_underwater
Debater
Debater

Post by alex_underwater »

Oxford wrote:
alex_underwater wrote:
She was just putting her old videos down the whole time, I didn't find it nostalgic as she was talking shit about videos I used to enjoy and the videos that made her channel what it is today. I found it depressing, her voice almost sounded sad. I felt weird after it.
You're right, she's probably sad because people aren't enjoying her new content as much as the old stuff. Idk.
If a youtuber falls in a stage show or tour, are they still like us?

noshant
Talker
Talker

Post by noshant »

Just watched her 300th video as well. I agree that it felt weird and depressing. I get that she could find it awkward and cringeworthy watching her old videos, it's normal - hell, I cringe at old photos, and those aren't public like her videos are. However, there is humor and positivity to be found in stuff like that. She was so critical of all her old videos it was weird to watch. I still think some of her old content is genuinely funny, and there's nothing wrong with the fact that the videos were or worse quality because she didn't use a camera...it seems pretty logical that you would only improve the technical quality of your content after actually getting more views and followers and stuff. I'm confused, not gonna lie. I really don't get why she was so negative.

Return to “JennaMarbles”