Markiplier - Part 10

Solaire
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 10

Post by Solaire »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:Welcome @War_Princess and I definitely agree with you on that concerning Tyler and Amy. The two seem way closer than Mark and Amy. Like in most of the pictures of the whole "family" it seems like Amy is near or around Tyler more. Or even just off by themselves like during the Valentine's Day shoot or when Mark went off to try and do a little livestream at PAX. And in the past when Mark used to get frustrated or angry with Amy like when she broke the Diamond Play Button or her first livestream appearance, it was Tyler who stepped in and protected Amy by calming Mark down. Not suggesting anything, but I do wonder if Tyler really intended for Mark to be dating Amy when he introduced them. And that is the most likely scenario of what happened since Mark and Amy keep changing the story of when and how they met. Mark had said he met Amy on Tindr in one video, Amy said at one point that she was dating Mark back when he still had pink hair (or is it "casually dating" like that tweet she deleted?)and now this story that they met at a wedding when Mark had blue hair? Which is it people?

Also I agree that it was annoying when Amy decided to "check" on Mark during his stream. Especially since her eyes were on the camera for the bulk of it. She didn't seem overly concerned and it came off like another attention grab. Either that or it came off like a possessive mom checking to see if her kid is doing something she doesn't approve.
@Skedaddle No problem and I can understand that. I first found this place in a similar fashion when I was looking for more stuff concerning Mark and was surprised to see others noticed things that were off with him and that others like me were too afraid of the fanbase to speak up about it.

The whole Amy situation has been quite a roller coaster. When many of us originally saw what was happening, most of the initial reaction was more of Mark falling back on past mistakes which caused a shitstorm amongst the fans then the idea that he was dating again or anything towards Amy personally. And we were willing to give the benefit of the doubt that they were just friends since it seems like a guy and girl, even with minimal interaction, are quickly shipped in a romantic setting which is unrealistic.It wasn't until her reactions over the course of VidCon, her breaking the Diamond Play Button, and when she decided to make herself comfortable on Mark's stream and purposely refuse and belittle Mark the whole time that really solidified what kind of person she really is to me. And it's only gotten worse the more she's ingraining herself into Mark's channel and how the fans keep pushing for more of her.
And yes she does love to change her stance on the fans, doesn't she? Just like how she originally "didn't do the YouTubes" and now has a channel of her own. One minute she's complaining about them and refusing photographs, the next she's schmoozing with everyone in the line at PAX to the point where there's more fan pics of her than Mark who is the only reason she's getting any of this attention in the first place.Make up your mind Peebles, or do you need a trip out to the desert for that too?

@Cosmix I agree. After the situation with Ryan and Matt, who despite the supposed reconciliation the three have yet to interact since, hiring not only your girlfriend but her friend seems like a really risky move. It automatically creates a bad power dynamic where you have to rely on your significant other to pay your bills. You can bet he's probably paying for her and Kathryn's apartment now along with wherever Tyler and Ethan are living now.Honestly I could say the same risk for Amy and Kathryn applies to Tyler as well, but I guess he figured that since they've known each other since childhood it wouldn't be as much of a worry that he'll up and leave. Ethan I fear could also be in that boat since he's mainly a fanboy who has looked up to Mark for years and thus can easily be taken advantage of to please his idol, even unintentionally. And it's not like Mark's behavior has changed drastically since Ryan and Matt left. He still gets easily angered and he has a habit of acting before thinking things through. Not to mention how he can be lazy and just throw work at people. Like with Chica for example. He relied on Ryan and Matt to take care of her when they were around, and now the responsibility for her is more on Amy. That dog must be so confused by how often she's passed around to other people because her owner is distracted by something else. No wonder she has had such trouble being house-trained and chewed on the walls. This whole situation is a mess overall and it can only get worse if Mark isn't careful.

@Solaire Choo choo! Where's the guy with the curly moustache tying a girl to the tracks? :rofl:

I'm thinking they started "seeing" each other when he had faded PINK hair...

Interesting, how an SJW, would ALLOW a mere MAN, to pay her way! She straddles a fence, which you would think would be rather PAINFUL! ;) Camp-follower...

I think I saw that man with a curly mustache, lurking around the tracks, and he was carrying a very LONG rope! ;) :rofl: :tu:
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Solaire
Debater
Debater

Post by Solaire »

Also, when she "checked up" on him, he initially looked like a kid that got caught in the cookie jar--lol.

Then, I wondered WHY he felt it NECESSARY to explain to her, what he was doing---toward the end of the vlog, he just sat there looking at the camera, his expression unreadable.....personally, IMO I think he was just trying to get away from everyone for as long as he could---she had to show up (looking mostly AT the camera), and messed his "re-grouping" up. If she was soooo damned concerned, you'd think she'd look AT HIM, instead of just grabbing more attention that she would receive from her "fans"......

She hasn't EARNED any right, or entitlement. I see precious little of what she's done since moving to LA. She's not entitled to anything....

'Nuff said...
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

She definitely contradicts herself quite a bit, with how they met to what she wants in the public eye. In that way, I'd say she's a bit similar to someone else we all know by now... To quote Cameron Esposito, "pick what you want and stick with it." She was talking about butt sex in that situation but that's beside the point. XD
And I'd say it's clear she likes the attention. How she just looked at the camera the entire time when "checking up" on Mark was a bit...weird. I'd say it could be nerves, but probably not seeing how she usually is on camera. And as far as her work, it's a bit disappointing. She's got like 70k followers on twitter and tons of people kissing her ass as well as living in freaking LA and hasn't done much with it at all. And she's been there for a while now. At the moment she has the website and one video, but other than that she's just really been working for Mark (which I think at least most of the people here agree is concerning as is).
I think she's alright, but can be a bit annoying/frustrating. Which sucks because I want to like her, but it is what it is. As long as they're both happy and treat each other well, the cool beans.
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".
- guardians of the galaxy

Post by Guest »

cosmix wrote:Yeah, if their work was more along the lines of partners, I could understand. But straight up employing them all is a bit risky and odd, especially considering past events. For all of them, it risks their relationships (both romantic and plutonic) as well as their jobs, which is a stupid idea. I definitely wouldn't say there's been a visible change since the Matt and Ryan thing went down, and all we can really do is hope he's learned better since then. I think it was definitely good he was able to realize what he did wrong and try to make amends and that warrants a certain level of maturity, but I don't know about if he's made changes in how he treats the people around him. I will say that how he changes his "group" quite a bit is weird. He's all over the game grumps, then jack and felix and co, then matt and ryan, then the current team. It's just weird. I don't think he's this massive asshole or anything, but I think it's possible he isn't a great communicator or something along those lines. I don't want to assume too much. But I just cannot wrap my head around this shit. What the hell is he thinking?
In the video where Mark talked about why Tyler moved to LA, he said the reasoning was that he works for Tyler now. They were kind of humorous about it, but on a more serious note, Tyler does tell Mark what to do and when to do it. Which is why Mark has been better lately about being on schedule and organized. Technically, Tyler does work for Mark, and technically Mark works for Tyler. I'd hazard a guess that Tyler is the only person Mark would trust with that much responsibility. I'd certainly let my best friend run my life if that was something I needed.

When it comes to Bob and Wade, he trusts them too, so I totally understand why they work together. But I don't understand Ethan's part in everything. I know the story about how they met, but, I still feel like Ethan appeared out of nowhere. Ethan seems so immature and unable to handle things. During the whole PAX east panel, Ethan seemed very awkward and never knew what to say and couldn't seem to roll with it. This was Tyler's first big anything, and he seemed to handle it fine. I was really enjoying the half life game they were doing, until Ethan had to keep an eye on the time and it got sloppy. Then it was annoying. People with good experience in improv and comedy can take a situation like that and include it in the joke instead of acting like it's a mistake and everyone has to start over. Ethan just doesn't have the experience or talent or reasoning even to be on tour with them.

I don't quite know how I feel about Kathryn and Amy working for Mark. If not for the association between the two ladies, that existed before they met Mark, then I'd be cool with Kathryn working for him. But couples going into business together rarely ever works out. And I really like these two together, she's the first normal girlfriend he's had in forever. Don't ruin it the same way you ruined your friendship with M+R you fool!

I think the M+R situation established that Mark is a sloppy communicator. Which also translates to sloppy boyfriend. Men in particular who have difficulty communicating, typically have problems in multiple areas of a relationship, the worst being what each person wants and needs from the other.

Anyone else notice that Mark rarely mentions the Game Grumps anymore? It's almost like his idolization of them just halted, and I know that has some ties with the M+R issue.

And like you said about Mark shifting from the Game Grumps to Jack and Felix to M+R to the current team, it's like he has a pattern. He's probably not the easiest person to deal with, but I also think the people he has associated with over the last several years, weren't always the best picks when it comes to friends and girlfriends.

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

I wasn't so much worried about Tyler, Bob, and Wade (for reasons that you already stated). My main concern was Amy and Kathryn. I mean, if two good friends didn't work, your girlfriend and one of her best friends is going to end badly, man. I think Ethan could go either way since he is a bit of a fanboy, but he can be funny if he sharpens up before this tour. I guess we'll just have to see. And I don't think the Amy working for Mark would be as concerning if it weren't for the M+R thing. I know someone who works at cons with her husband and they work great (and I'm extremely jealous XD) but that sort of thing doesn't work for most couples. Especially when one is working FOR the other. And it really would be a shame if it ruined the relationship because while Amy can be a bit annoying or frustrating at times, she seems like a chill girl. And it would suck to see their relationship at their jobs at risk.

As for Mark's pattern, it's a bit weird. I will say that I kind of bounce from one group of friends to another so I can say a bit about my experience and reasoning. There were a few where I got really close with a particular person in the group and then something happened and they ended up treating me like crap (which I reserve the right to be slightly salty about). Judging by how close he gets to let's say Jack as an example, that something happened of some sorts and as a result he distanced himself from the group. That's what it usually ends up being for me, so that's my best guess. But I really don't know and it's a guesswork. :/
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".

Post by Guest »

cosmix wrote:I wasn't so much worried about Tyler, Bob, and Wade (for reasons that you already stated). My main concern was Amy and Kathryn. I mean, if two good friends didn't work, your girlfriend and one of her best friends is going to end badly, man. I think Ethan could go either way since he is a bit of a fanboy, but he can be funny if he sharpens up before this tour. I guess we'll just have to see. And I don't think the Amy working for Mark would be as concerning if it weren't for the M+R thing. I know someone who works at cons with her husband and they work great (and I'm extremely jealous XD) but that sort of thing doesn't work for most couples. Especially when one is working FOR the other. And it really would be a shame if it ruined the relationship because while Amy can be a bit annoying or frustrating at times, she seems like a chill girl. And it would suck to see their relationship at their jobs at risk.

As for Mark's pattern, it's a bit weird. I will say that I kind of bounce from one group of friends to another so I can say a bit about my experience and reasoning. There were a few where I got really close with a particular person in the group and then something happened and they ended up treating me like crap (which I reserve the right to be slightly salty about). Judging by how close he gets to let's say Jack as an example, that something happened of some sorts and as a result he distanced himself from the group. That's what it usually ends up being for me, so that's my best guess. But I really don't know and it's a guesswork. :/
You bring up a great point about Mark's pattern :)

Amy is definitely a little annoying at times, and to be honest with you, she's not the type of personality I'd want to be around regularly. She's too much, too much coffee, too many memes, too much everything. It's sort of the way I "judge" people's characters... if I think a person is someone I could "hang" with, then I tend to gravitate toward that person. I wouldn't touch Amy with a 30 foot pole! Mark on the other hand, as annoying as he can be, for someone with ADHD he's surprisingly good at taking turns speaking in a conversation. Just about everyone I've ever known who has ADHD of any type, interrupts people like crazy (I also work with someone who does this, and it's a massive pain!!). That's the only reason why I put up with Mark's personality, because I know that I could at the very least have a decent conversation with him.

War_Princess
Talker
Talker

Post by War_Princess »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:Welcome @War_Princess and I definitely agree with you on that concerning Tyler and Amy. The two seem way closer than Mark and Amy. Like in most of the pictures of the whole "family" it seems like Amy is near or around Tyler more. Or even just off by themselves like during the Valentine's Day shoot or when Mark went off to try and do a little livestream at PAX. And in the past when Mark used to get frustrated or angry with Amy like when she broke the Diamond Play Button or her first livestream appearance, it was Tyler who stepped in and protected Amy by calming Mark down. Not suggesting anything, but I do wonder if Tyler really intended for Mark to be dating Amy when he introduced them. And that is the most likely scenario of what happened since Mark and Amy keep changing the story of when and how they met. Mark had said he met Amy on Tindr in one video, Amy said at one point that she was dating Mark back when he still had pink hair (or is it "casually dating" like that tweet she deleted?) and now this story that they met at a wedding when Mark had blue hair? Which is it people?

Also I agree that it was annoying when Amy decided to "check" on Mark during his stream. Especially since her eyes were on the camera for the bulk of it. She didn't seem overly concerned and it came off like another attention grab. Either that or it came off like a possessive mom checking to see if her kid is doing something she doesn't approve.

@Skedaddle No problem and I can understand that. I first found this place in a similar fashion when I was looking for more stuff concerning Mark and was surprised to see others noticed things that were off with him and that others like me were too afraid of the fanbase to speak up about it.

The whole Amy situation has been quite a roller coaster. When many of us originally saw what was happening, most of the initial reaction was more of Mark falling back on past mistakes which caused a shitstorm amongst the fans then the idea that he was dating again or anything towards Amy personally. And we were willing to give the benefit of the doubt that they were just friends since it seems like a guy and girl, even with minimal interaction, are quickly shipped in a romantic setting which is unrealistic. It wasn't until her reactions over the course of VidCon, her breaking the Diamond Play Button, and when she decided to make herself comfortable on Mark's stream and purposely refuse and belittle Mark the whole time that really solidified what kind of person she really is to me. And it's only gotten worse the more she's ingraining herself into Mark's channel and how the fans keep pushing for more of her.

And yes she does love to change her stance on the fans, doesn't she? Just like how she originally "didn't do the YouTubes" and now has a channel of her own. One minute she's complaining about them and refusing photographs, the next she's schmoozing with everyone in the line at PAX to the point where there's more fan pics of her than Mark who is the only reason she's getting any of this attention in the first place. Make up your mind Peebles, or do you need a trip out to the desert for that too?

@Cosmix I agree. After the situation with Ryan and Matt, who despite the supposed reconciliation the three have yet to interact since, hiring not only your girlfriend but her friend seems like a really risky move. It automatically creates a bad power dynamic where you have to rely on your significant other to pay your bills. You can bet he's probably paying for her and Kathryn's apartment now along with wherever Tyler and Ethan are living now. Honestly I could say the same risk for Amy and Kathryn applies to Tyler as well, but I guess he figured that since they've known each other since childhood it wouldn't be as much of a worry that he'll up and leave. Ethan I fear could also be in that boat since he's mainly a fanboy who has looked up to Mark for years and thus can easily be taken advantage of to please his idol, even unintentionally. And it's not like Mark's behavior has changed drastically since Ryan and Matt left. He still gets easily angered and he has a habit of acting before thinking things through. Not to mention how he can be lazy and just throw work at people. Like with Chica for example. He relied on Ryan and Matt to take care of her when they were around, and now the responsibility for her is more on Amy. That dog must be so confused by how often she's passed around to other people because her owner is distracted by something else. No wonder she has had such trouble being house-trained and chewed on the walls. This whole situation is a mess overall and it can only get worse if Mark isn't careful.

@Solaire Choo choo! Where's the guy with the curly moustache tying a girl to the tracks? :rofl:
:3 ty M0nkee! Yes!!! It was her intensely staring into the camera that made it so much more annoying. I wanted to like her for Mark, but the more I see how she is, the less I like her as well.
I didn't realize there were so many stories about how they met. Seriously, which is it?!
And agreed. How is poor Chicka supposed to know how to act when she is passed around all the time.
I actually just recently read Mark's statement about M+R and I agree completely with what everyone is saying here about how should he expect it to go any better with his gf and her friend. I almost feel like that's why HM can act so rudely towards Mark. Like to show the fans that she won't be "pushed around" when in fact she's just being a brat.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

Yeah, Amy can be a bit much. She's probably a cool person, but as you said too much coffee and too many memes. Meanwhile I'm sitting over here with tea and all my memes are from like 5 years ago. Those were the good old days. XD
But yeah, it wouldn't work. And I do the same thing where it's like "would I want to hang out with this person?" I feel like Mark could be a good person to have a conversation with but who knows? Also, I feel your pain on the interrupting thing. My brother and mom talk a lot so I get interrupted all the time. It will never cease to get under my skin a bit.

Phoenix_Anastasia
Learner
Learner

Post by Phoenix_Anastasia »

cosmix wrote:If I'm being honest, I can be bitchy too. Mostly when that person in particular is a bitch to me...and everyone else...for several years (side-eyes...someone). XD
See, I can be a shady bitch. I just prefer not too. XD
Oh sure, retaliatory bitchiness is very different to unprovoked bitchiness, just as retaliatory violence is different to unprovoked violence. There are several people who've wronged me or others whom I'll occasionally make irrelevant shallow criticisms comments about rather than stick exclusively to explaininf what I think they did wrong, but even then, only in private to individuals who either already know them and what the real problem I have with them is, or don't know them in which case I won't give personally identifying information about them. Even the people who've wronged me the most, I'd never publically name and shame (i.e. with their names or faces or other personally identifying information) online for the whole world to see with shallow criticisms irrelevant to whatever moral problem I have with their behaviour (though there are cases when shallow characteristics ARE relevant to point out, like if they're being bitchy about somebody else's weight despite being clinically overweight themselves).
Tumblr: Safe space for SJWs to hate on white cis males without facing any criticism back. GG: Safe space for cyberbullies to hate on famous people without facing any criticism back. Both: "Trashing people online is fine if they're 'privileged'"

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

@War_Princess You have a good point there. It could very well be that she acts the way she does towards Mark partially as a way to push the whole "strong independent woman who don't take no shit from no man" mentality. She is an open SJW who just recently graduated from college where most of this kind of behavior is taught. Which again seems hypocritical of that when she is relying on her boyfriend for her financial needs. Acting out like she has, ignoring requests, belittling him on camera, laughing at his expense, constantly watching him like an overprotective mother, getting upset and mopey when he does shit without her like when he went to the Make A Wish Award Ceremony alone, it only makes her look more and more like a spoiled little brat who wants everything for nothing. A regular Veruca Salt. Hell she's got thousands of subscribers and she didn't have to work for it, they just came to her because of who she's dating. At least some of these other girlfriends have been going out of their way to make a name for themselves outside of their significant others. Molly is finally getting enough subs on Twitch and earning enough to the point where she can possibly quit her retail job, and it was through her hard work and persistence, not just because she's dating/engaged to Wade. Can Peebles say the same thing?

@Cosmix It is weird how Mark bounces from friend or friends so much. Like Yamimash and Mangaminx he hasn't interacted in forever with. You could argue timezone changes, but it doesn't stop him from collabing with Jack or Felix who are in the same location. (or at least will be once Jack moves to the UK) Well right now Yami has a lot on his plate anyway what with his girlfriend dumping him and canceling their engagement (can't really blame her after the incident with him not too long ago) and him going back to school. But for a while Mark was close with Ken, then just stopped and really only collabs with him when Felix is involved, which is also limited to what it used to be. And Mark was all over the Game Grumps for a good long while, partially due to having his recording setup at their office after he broke up with Jess, but now he rarely ever mentions them or communicates with them. It likely is the stuff with Ryan and Matt, whom he also was clinging to super hard until the split, left a divide that hasn't been properly patched up. Jack is a trickier situation since the two originally collabed a bunch, but now it's mainly with Bob and Wade, who he also hasn't been collabing with as much. And even Cyndago when they first moved to LA he was very into doing stuff with, but then ignored them for a time until they moved in with him. Now his main focus is all on his knock-off Grump "family" whom he's taking on tour with. And I assume Mark is the one who is being selective since he's admitted that he doesn't answer people's texts and such for long periods of time. Plus his other friends have time to schedule in collabs with others and each other, so why not pencil in Mark? And if Random Encounters and even YouTube itself have had trouble getting in contact with Mark for projects, even with a direct line to his cell, then there must be some correlation.

I know this topic has been brought up before, but it's still pretty relevant. Mark moved out to LA to take advantage of all the opportunities and resources for his channel right? Or as a way to get connections and more collab options right? Exactly how much of that has he taken advantage of since moving there? His collabs are very minimal, usually with people he's already friends with, and the ones he has gone out of his bubble for like SuperWoman or Nerdy Nummies are very few and far between. I mean when's the last time he collabed with Matthias and Team Edge? And what resources has he implemented out there? Some improv classes (which he needs seriously more of especially if he's planning to tour with it) and singing lessons? The occasional music lessons, which he dropped in favor of working out? A personal trainer that he hasn't spoken of in months? Has he even once used the YouTube Space out there? I know MatPat at one point used it for GTLive when their internet was down, why hasn't Mark done a similar thing during the times he's had technical issues? If Mark wants to do more sketch related stuff as opposed to Let's Plays, wouldn't that be a good place to work? If he's not taking advantage of the opportunities out there, why does he bother living there? He's admitted on multiple occasions how he hates LA. If he's that unhappy out there, and he's not branching out past his little bubble and occasionally taking classes that you can likely find in other places, why doesn't he just move back to Cincinnati? He's happier there and his content/commentary is always stronger when he's there. And it would be a lot better of a location to raise Chica than LA. She's a large dog who needs space to play. Plus he can go to Cracker Barrel whenever he wants. Isn't that an enough of an incentive? :rofl:

SingingMermaid
Learner
Learner

Post by SingingMermaid »

I want to get something off of my chest. (Don't worry, this is still related to Markiplier.) I've kept this secret for a while, but I need advice and a good reality check. I'm sharing this publicly because I want more than one opinion.

I'm one of those fans with a hopeless crush on Mark.

Yes, I'm aware he's not a saint or the brightest crayon in the box. I've had a crush on him for years now. I love his laugh, sense of humor, his eyes, etc and all that sappy stuff. It's gotten to the point where I'd marry him if I could.

It. Is. BAD.

Now for the really bad part. A now ex-friend of mine got me to talk to who I thought was Mark. But no, it was my friend pretending to be him so I wouldn't kill myself. Not only did his actions put me in the mental hospital again, but also destroyed my faith in him. And my love for Mark has worsened, even though we've never talked. I want him to know about my feelings so that this burden of not telling him will go away. And yes, I am jealous of Amy, although I still don't like her as a person. There's just something off with her.

So now, I'm dealing with the fact that he'll never love me...and it hurts. I've tried to move on and my loved ones and therapist are trying their best to help, but my feelings won't go away. I'm stuck. I don't know what to do. Should I forgive the friend? Do I confess my feelings? How do I make them go away?

Will you guys help me? Please? I can't live like this. I don't know who else to turn to. I was always afraid to confess out of fear of persecution. But I like you guys. You're all smart and understanding. I'm just a dumb 22 year old with depression and anxiety. Please help me.
:HK:

skedaddle
Lurker
Lurker

Post by skedaddle »

R
SingingMermaid wrote: Will you guys help me? Please? I can't live like this. I don't know who else to turn to. I was always afraid to confess out of fear of persecution. But I like you guys. You're all smart and understanding. I'm just a dumb 22 year old with depression and anxiety. Please help me.
Well you have already gotten professional help in a hospital so i dont think Im qualified to say anything regarding that
but some practical advice I sort of learned from my Markiplier crush came from this board.

Read all of his relationship threads, just go over everything. I know a lot of it is speculation and gossip but a lot of it is on the money. I've noticed a lot of the posters here are smart girls who sensed something was "off" about the guy. You can stay a fan if you like his videos to your hearts content, but at least go over what a lot of these posters are saying before you paint him as an ideal guy off camera

skedaddle
Lurker
Lurker

Post by skedaddle »

@buttercup35 @Monkeebutt Oh my goosh thank you so much for bringing up the Game Grumps thing!! I noticed this a while ago!! I believe things like this and the comments about being more distant from JSE in general, in my opinion, are all related to Mark's bizarre flaky neurosis. I think he is the kind of personality that his peers can only take in small doses. I'm sure they like him, but they all have to be sensing something aint right about him when they all go back to their homes.

These Lets Play stars all tend to be consistently honest and transparent about their personal lives, and Mark could of been someone similar but instead hes all over the map about his ego. His 24/7 job is promoting his YT character all the time nonstop which I think doesnt vibe well with the world of Video game channels since Lets Plays rely on a more "Playing Video games with friends" premise rather than Mark's extremely egocentric view on what his channel is. He's selling you Markiplier: the cute, emotionally available, fearless, nerdy life coach. Yet he is completely overwhelmed by his fanbase and manipulates them to prop his ego even more.

Arin and Dan seem to have a healthy relationship with their fans. Mark's fanbase is a fucking mess.... Septiplier isnt even that big of a deal imo, but Im convinced that any famous Youtuber that has to deal with him doesnt want to deal with his egocentric content and unchecked fanbase that sees him as a leader rather than a "Friend that likes video games".
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote: his knock-off Grump "family" whom he's taking on tour with.

:rofl:

You read my miiiind ommgg hahaa.. If he didnt flake out on anything and stuck with his improv classes maybe this tour would of had a chance.
Seriously, its a horrible idea. Correct me if I'm wrong but its Mark is essentially taking his inner circle of people who will work for him and throwing them on stage and calling it a show? Like its all going to translate well and we dont know if anyone has any professional training?....ooooof.. yeesh.

You guys are on point when it comes to his abandoned projects and lack of stable bridges with his life in LA.

SingingMermaid
Learner
Learner

Post by SingingMermaid »

skedaddle wrote:R
SingingMermaid wrote: Will you guys help me? Please? I can't live like this. I don't know who else to turn to. I was always afraid to confess out of fear of persecution. But I like you guys. You're all smart and understanding. I'm just a dumb 22 year old with depression and anxiety. Please help me.
Well you have already gotten professional help in a hospital so i dont think Im qualified to say anything regarding that
but some practical advice I sort of learned from my Markiplier crush came from this board.

Read all of his relationship threads, just go over everything. I know a lot of it is speculation and gossip but a lot of it is on the money. I've noticed a lot of the posters here are smart girls who sensed something was "off" about the guy. You can stay a fan if you like his videos to your hearts content, but at least go over what a lot of these posters are saying before you paint him as an ideal guy off camera
The problem is that I have gone through the threads before, but I'll try again. Even now, what with looking at them again, the feelings are still there. And I do enjoy his content, but I can't watch it because I always get depressed. Is there something wrong with me?

skedaddle
Lurker
Lurker

Post by skedaddle »

SingingMermaid wrote: Is there something wrong with me?
Sorry girlie but youre just another sub in the broken Diamond play button that got a little bit too enchanted by what he was selling.

Just step away from it all a little bit

SingingMermaid
Learner
Learner

Post by SingingMermaid »

skedaddle wrote:
SingingMermaid wrote:
skedaddle wrote:R
SingingMermaid wrote: Is there something wrong with me?
Sorry girlie but youre just another sub in the broken Diamond play button that got a little bit too enchanted by what he was selling.

Just step away from it all a little bit
Oh...Ok...

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

Mermaid: I feel ya. Unrequited crushes are the worst (celebrity or personal). And unfortunately I have a lot of experience with them because I'm a wuss and don't tell people these things (this is also why Hayley Kiyoko's song Sleepover is great...it sums it up perfectly). I don't usually have celebrity crushes (Emma Watson and Halsey are exceptions XD), but when I do I usually take a break from stuff with them in it and let it work itself out a bit. Usually it tones down a bit. I actually had a friend who had a giant crush on Mark (which is probably part of why her boyfriend hates me). It was kind of funny because she'd say he was annoying and probably an ass and then proceed to go through his entire instagram...3 times. Now this is probably more her specific, but she said she'd only date guys who were at least 50% Asian (like her boyfriend) so she kept saying he was like 49.9999% Asian and it was hilarious. I guess do what works. XD
If all else fails, just know that at least you're not the girl who had a giant crush on Trump and made a very...explicit song about it. XD

Also with him creating his own little grump-esque family...it's so true. And I wonder if it's a bit of an attempt to substitute not being near family. Obviously just speculation, but I agree that going back to Cincinnati would be a good choice. He hasn't really done all that much in LA that you could only do there and he definitely seems happier when he's in Ohio and his contents usually better. Especially if he hates LA and misses his good friends and family. Plus Ohio's just a nice place. I have a lot of family there (like A LOT...the majority actually XD) and I always love being there. I definitely see the appeal. Plus...Skyline Chili man... XD
But I do wonder if him creating his own little "family" in LA is to make up for that.

skedaddle
Lurker
Lurker

Post by skedaddle »

cosmix wrote: Also with him creating his own little grump-esque family...it's so true. And I wonder if it's a bit of an attempt to substitute not being near family..
Theres nothing wrong with creating a new support system when you move to a new city! Friends are family you choose and its healthy!

Now the heavy critique from me is coming from the idea that Mark is having them work for him (questionable if healthy) and wants to feature them all as an on-camera gang of rascals and go on tour with them (kinda manipulative and not healthy)!

Is this family real personal relationships or are they props?

Lady Em
Learner
Learner

Post by Lady Em »

SingingMermaid wrote:I want to get something off of my chest. (Don't worry, this is still related to Markiplier.) I've kept this secret for a while, but I need advice and a good reality check. I'm sharing this publicly because I want more than one opinion.

I'm one of those fans with a hopeless crush on Mark.

Yes, I'm aware he's not a saint or the brightest crayon in the box. I've had a crush on him for years now. I love his laugh, sense of humor, his eyes, etc and all that sappy stuff. It's gotten to the point where I'd marry him if I could.

It. Is. BAD.

Now for the really bad part. A now ex-friend of mine got me to talk to who I thought was Mark. But no, it was my friend pretending to be him so I wouldn't kill myself. Not only did his actions put me in the mental hospital again, but also destroyed my faith in him. And my love for Mark has worsened, even though we've never talked. I want him to know about my feelings so that this burden of not telling him will go away. And yes, I am jealous of Amy, although I still don't like her as a person. There's just something off with her.

So now, I'm dealing with the fact that he'll never love me...and it hurts. I've tried to move on and my loved ones and therapist are trying their best to help, but my feelings won't go away. I'm stuck. I don't know what to do. Should I forgive the friend? Do I confess my feelings? How do I make them go away?

Will you guys help me? Please? I can't live like this. I don't know who else to turn to. I was always afraid to confess out of fear of persecution. But I like you guys. You're all smart and understanding. I'm just a dumb 22 year old with depression and anxiety. Please help me.
Hi! I'm still pondering your situation, but I will say this: coming from the perspective of dealing with anxiety for twenty plus years, asking for help is the best possible place to start your healing. Sometimes you have to think about getting yourself right, before letting someone else into your life.

ORZ
Learner
Learner

Post by ORZ »

@Mermaid Asking for help is a great first step, because it means you realize that there's something wrong, that there is a problem. However, asking friends or people on the wide web is not the best choice. Why? Because this seems like a bit more than a common issue. You've mentioned going to a therapist. Have you been honest with them, down to every single detail, about your problem? If not, then you need to start it. Now. Secondly — I am unaware for how long you've been going to therapy. If it's been about 2-3 weeks, then it is normal to still feel like the problem is not going away. If, however, you have been going for a month or more, then I'd consider changing your therapist. I'd recommend seeking help from a CBT oriented psychologist, as your issue seems to lie within your way of thinking and beliefs, and that is the meat of CBT practice.
”Internet freedom is a bit of a Rorschach test: it means different things to different people.”

Return to “Markiplier”