Markiplier - Part 10

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 10

Post by cosmix »

I've seen people get a bit of a following from a significant other, but they paved their own path and are known for their own efforts. Like I know Lindsey Stirling got a bit of a following from Devin Graham (who she was dating at the time), but she's built her own career. I'd say it depends on what you do with it. I know Jess's channel got quite a bit of attention after Mark's plug, but didn't do too much with it after. I just checked and she hasn't uploaded anything in 8 months. And now Amy's gotten quite a bit from Mark's fans (and I'd say the majority of her subs definitely are, judging by the comments on her video and website. Someone was using Mark's last name which is a bit intense...), but if she does something with it and stands on her own, then more power to her. From the video she posted, I'm actually genuinely interested in her next video. It's up my alley. :)

As for a Pax announcement, I dunno... And what silence are you referring to? As far as I've seen, it's been roughly about the same, but maybe that's just me. But if they do announce something at Pax, I hope it's not something TOO serious. Not only for the more obvious reasons but also because I don't want to see rabid fangirls attacking Amy over it. I'd say that no matter how people on here feel about her, she doesn't deserve the shit she would get if the hypothetical announcement was something relationship related.
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".
- guardians of the galaxy

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Quite frankly Amy's video is unoriginal and rather insulting to other youtubers who struggle to get ahead. There are plenty of talented people on YouTube who can't even make it to 100 subs, let alone 1000, yet she gets way more than even Jess after Mark's plug just because of who she's dating and his fans are just thirsty sheep who want their shipping fetish satisfied and hoping Mark will make an appearance on her channel. At least when Jess was promoted she had more than one video on display and was trying new things. That's the most positive thing I'll say about her videos, but considering she seems to have given up on Youtube and returned to college, it doesn't matter in the long run. Well at least she and her best friend have fancy gaming rigs to play Overwatch with in her spare time thanks to Mark. That's quite a Christmas gift to give your ex. I guess her having a car in your name wasn't enough of an apology.

Granted that's more on YouTube, Mark, and the fans' ends than Amy's that she's getting all this undeserved attention for very little, but it doesn't erase that it's annoying and rather unfair to Youtubers who are passionate and creative who get brushed under the rug due to lack of connections. Especially over one vlog.

As mentioned here already, vlogging is typical. It's also really easy to do with every cell phone coming equipped with a camcorder. It's especially common amongst girlfriends of big Youtubers. For some reason they have to follow this trend of being either vloggers or beauty gurus like Marzia.

That's part of the reason why I am partially disappointed in Wiishu since she got started and caught Jack's attention via her artwork, and yet thus far all her YouTube videos have been vlogs, Q&As, and lately has been including Jack when in her first video she said that she didn't want to be known as just JackSepticEye's girlfriend. Granted they are a cute couple I won't deny that. They bounce off each other naturally with neither party member trying to dominate the conversation, nor are they on the extreme end of either being way too cuddly or avoiding contact like the plague. But it doesn't change the fact that she's got great talent and isn't using it to the best of her abilities, instead falling into a typical Youtuber girl trend.

Random tangent I know, but it applies to Amy too. She goes wandering off to the desert for inspiration, partially due to a push from her "boss", and this is what she comes up with? Rambling in front of a camera? Also bullshit on her being camera shy, I was visibly a nervous wreck the first time I used a webcam, she looks nothing like that nor any time she has been on Mark's livestreams or videos.

Also funny how she's changed her stance on the whole "I don't do YouTubes" when people were speculating whether she was the new editor. Well now you can probably call that a lie since she admitted to somewhat working for her boyfriend, which is rather stupid really since she left a full-time well paying job that she got right out of college for that. Nice to know as a proud SJW she allows such a power dynamic to occur where she has to rely on a man to pay her way instead of earning it herself. Also how stupid is Mark for hiring both his girlfriend AND one of her closest friends? Yeah that won't backfire in the slightest. I'm sure Ryan and Matt can attest to that. Why else have they not kept contact with Mark despite following each other on Twitter again?

Actually apart from a few collabs with Bob/Wade/Jack (which BTW some fans still think that Mark and Jack's friendship is over due to Septiplier and have no qualms bullying Septiplier fans over this despite this fact and will even deny that these collabs don't count because it's not Jack and Mark by themselves. Wish I was kidding.) it's just been all about his little "family" these days. What is he trying to make his own knock-off Game Grumps? He's worshipped them, especially Arin, forever. That also must sting a little knowing how he's done shit for them and hung out with them for years, but Ryan and Matt are official Grumps now. Who knows? Maybe there's still a bit of animosity towards Mark after his treatment of them when they were still his editors.

Speaking of editors, not a lot of talk about Kathryn despite all the work she puts out. In fact it seems like most people tend to forget about her in favor of the rest of the group. Especially Amy. She gets blind praise for sitting and doing barely anything on a livestream, but Kathryn edits Mark's work every day and does a ton of shit behind the scenes and barely gets acknowledged? Seems a little unfair.

But what do I know? Apparently I make shit up and am ruining the forums for speaking up for people, right? I'm sure someone is running to anonymously attempt to slander me on a particular Tumblr blog like a childish coward or planning to privately threaten me as soon as they read this post. Nah, there's no one that malicious, right? ;)

As for PAX, considering Amy admitted in her vlog that she still lives in an apartment, likely with Kathryn and her new cat, I doubt anything serious will occur. Surprised they're still living separate despite Mark's recent move since Mark rushed moving in with Jess when they were together and he's with Amy almost all the time these days. Hell she takes way more pictures of Chica than the dog's actual owner. But it would definitely be awkward if all 5 lived under the same roof. Especially since as far as we know, the rest of the "family" is single. Not to be gross here, but intimacy would likely go out the window with 3 other people in the house.

Besides, knowing what I know concerning Mark, he'd have to be pretty desperate to ask that. But that would be telling. ;)

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Oops, almost forgot something. Apparently Amy's new website that she took so long to get up and running, you can only subscribe to via email request, so safe to assume she's only gonna allow ass-kissers there since I've seen how she handles legit criticism. Surprised she hasn't disabled comments and ratings on her channel ala Anita Sarkeesian style. But then again she wouldn't see all the lovely sheep worshipping her for nothing. :rofl:

Lady Em
Learner
Learner

Post by Lady Em »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:Quite frankly Amy's video is unoriginal and rather insulting to other youtubers who struggle to get ahead. There are plenty of talented people on YouTube who can't even make it to 100 subs, let alone 1000, yet she gets way more than even Jess after Mark's plug just because of who she's dating and his fans are just thirsty sheep who want their shipping fetish satisfied and hoping Mark will make an appearance on her channel. At least when Jess was promoted she had more than one video on display and was trying new things. That's the most positive thing I'll say about her videos, but considering she seems to have given up on Youtube and returned to college, it doesn't matter in the long run. Well at least she and her best friend have fancy gaming rigs to play Overwatch with in her spare time thanks to Mark. That's quite a Christmas gift to give your ex. I guess her having a car in your name wasn't enough of an apology.

Granted that's more on YouTube, Mark, and the fans' ends than Amy's that she's getting all this undeserved attention for very little, but it doesn't erase that it's annoying and rather unfair to Youtubers who are passionate and creative who get brushed under the rug due to lack of connections. Especially over one vlog.

As mentioned here already, vlogging is typical. It's also really easy to do with every cell phone coming equipped with a camcorder. It's especially common amongst girlfriends of big Youtubers. For some reason they have to follow this trend of being either vloggers or beauty gurus like Marzia.

That's part of the reason why I am partially disappointed in Wiishu since she got started and caught Jack's attention via her artwork, and yet thus far all her YouTube videos have been vlogs, Q&As, and lately has been including Jack when in her first video she said that she didn't want to be known as just JackSepticEye's girlfriend. Granted they are a cute couple I won't deny that. They bounce off each other naturally with neither party member trying to dominate the conversation, nor are they on the extreme end of either being way too cuddly or avoiding contact like the plague. But it doesn't change the fact that she's got great talent and isn't using it to the best of her abilities, instead falling into a typical Youtuber girl trend.

Random tangent I know, but it applies to Amy too. She goes wandering off to the desert for inspiration, partially due to a push from her "boss", and this is what she comes up with? Rambling in front of a camera? Also bullshit on her being camera shy, I was visibly a nervous wreck the first time I used a webcam, she looks nothing like that nor any time she has been on Mark's livestreams or videos.

Also funny how she's changed her stance on the whole "I don't do YouTubes" when people were speculating whether she was the new editor. Well now you can probably call that a lie since she admitted to somewhat working for her boyfriend, which is rather stupid really since she left a full-time well paying job that she got right out of college for that. Nice to know as a proud SJW she allows such a power dynamic to occur where she has to rely on a man to pay her way instead of earning it herself. Also how stupid is Mark for hiring both his girlfriend AND one of her closest friends? Yeah that won't backfire in the slightest. I'm sure Ryan and Matt can attest to that. Why else have they not kept contact with Mark despite following each other on Twitter again?

Actually apart from a few collabs with Bob/Wade/Jack (which BTW some fans still think that Mark and Jack's friendship is over due to Septiplier and have no qualms bullying Septiplier fans over this despite this fact and will even deny that these collabs don't count because it's not Jack and Mark by themselves. Wish I was kidding.) it's just been all about his little "family" these days. What is he trying to make his own knock-off Game Grumps? He's worshipped them, especially Arin, forever. That also must sting a little knowing how he's done shit for them and hung out with them for years, but Ryan and Matt are official Grumps now. Who knows? Maybe there's still a bit of animosity towards Mark after his treatment of them when they were still his editors.

Speaking of editors, not a lot of talk about Kathryn despite all the work she puts out. In fact it seems like most people tend to forget about her in favor of the rest of the group. Especially Amy. She gets blind praise for sitting and doing barely anything on a livestream, but Kathryn edits Mark's work every day and does a ton of shit behind the scenes and barely gets acknowledged? Seems a little unfair.

But what do I know? Apparently I make shit up and am ruining the forums for speaking up for people, right? I'm sure someone is running to anonymously attempt to slander me on a particular Tumblr blog like a childish coward or planning to privately threaten me as soon as they read this post. Nah, there's no one that malicious, right? ;)

As for PAX, considering Amy admitted in her vlog that she still lives in an apartment, likely with Kathryn and her new cat, I doubt anything serious will occur. Surprised they're still living separate despite Mark's recent move since Mark rushed moving in with Jess when they were together and he's with Amy almost all the time these days. Hell she takes way more pictures of Chica than the dog's actual owner. But it would definitely be awkward if all 5 lived under the same roof. Especially since as far as we know, the rest of the "family" is single. Not to be gross here, but intimacy would likely go out the window with 3 other people in the house.

Besides, knowing what I know concerning Mark, he'd have to be pretty desperate to ask that. But that would be telling. ;)
I feel the same way about YouTube gf just making videos to leverage their sudden fame.. And I agree with everything you've said tbh

ORZ
Learner
Learner

Post by ORZ »

@Monkee that's what I've been saying. I was immensely disappointed when Wiishu deviated from her artstreams and started doing generic YT girlfriend vlogs for easy cash. On one hand it's understandable, as it's the most popular content which yields a pretty income, but on the other, it grates me the wrong way — to sell out your originality and do what's trendy instead. But hey, at least we know that Wiishu still does commissions and can draw.
Can't say the same for Amy. The only art on the eloquently called "art dump" part of her blog is a gif of a pigeon walking.
Furthermore, her text post added to the vlog rings a bell. "I lost my inspiration and didn't want to put out unworthy content" — doesn't this remind you of Mark? He has been saying that line for over a year now, on a regular basis. Also take a look at his NY resolution and one of his latest FB posts. He has already dropped German and guitar, but stuck with fitness. Empty promises and excuses are a die-hard habit for this man. It's interesting that he chooses to not stay silent, but to ramble about his excuses. Honestly, no one would even know that he dropped the 2 activities if not for his post. What's the point? To hear people say "it's okay you deserve to rest!!"???
And don't get me started on the bullying. Amyplier, like many other fandoms/ships, has become a bloody cult of 14-15 year olds, who demand blood and threaten to sick FBI on your ass if you as much as say "What's so special about Amy?" :rofl: Not to mention how they insult others. It's unbelievable. If I ever saw my child doing that, I would have put a "Failed as a parent" sticker on my forehead and move somewhere desolate. Joke aside, what the hell are the parents of these kids doing? They're paying unbelievable amounts of cash so that their precious little flowers can meet the "celebrity which cured their depression". How about you invest that money in a psychologist instead?

Mark's WD post on FB made me laugh a bunch. Especially the comments. Someone pointed out that "Amy must have had a gun to your head, that's why you wrote it". I'd have to agree to some extent — she is definitely pushing Mark towards politics. Didn't Mark say, once upon a time, that he wants to keep politics out of his YT career? Yeah, working out great, kiddo.
”Internet freedom is a bit of a Rorschach test: it means different things to different people.”

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

ORZ wrote:@Monkee that's what I've been saying. I was immensely disappointed when Wiishu deviated from her artstreams and started doing generic YT girlfriend vlogs for easy cash. On one hand it's understandable, as it's the most popular content which yields a pretty income, but on the other, it grates me the wrong way — to sell out your originality and do what's trendy instead. But hey, at least we know that Wiishu still does commissions and can draw.
Can't say the same for Amy. The only art on the eloquently called "art dump" part of her blog is a gif of a pigeon walking.
Furthermore, her text post added to the vlog rings a bell. "I lost my inspiration and didn't want to put out unworthy content" — doesn't this remind you of Mark? He has been saying that line for over a year now, on a regular basis. Also take a look at his NY resolution and one of his latest FB posts. He has already dropped German and guitar, but stuck with fitness. Empty promises and excuses are a die-hard habit for this man. It's interesting that he chooses to not stay silent, but to ramble about his excuses. Honestly, no one would even know that he dropped the 2 activities if not for his post. What's the point? To hear people say "it's okay you deserve to rest!!"???
And don't get me started on the bullying. Amyplier, like many other fandoms/ships, has become a bloody cult of 14-15 year olds, who demand blood and threaten to sick FBI on your ass if you as much as say "What's so special about Amy?" :rofl: Not to mention how they insult others. It's unbelievable. If I ever saw my child doing that, I would have put a "Failed as a parent" sticker on my forehead and move somewhere desolate. Joke aside, what the hell are the parents of these kids doing? They're paying unbelievable amounts of cash so that their precious little flowers can meet the "celebrity which cured their depression". How about you invest that money in a psychologist instead?

Mark's WD post on FB made me laugh a bunch. Especially the comments. Someone pointed out that "Amy must have had a gun to your head, that's why you wrote it". I'd have to agree to some extent — she is definitely pushing Mark towards politics. Didn't Mark say, once upon a time, that he wants to keep politics out of his YT career? Yeah, working out great, kiddo.
IKR????He goes on to say how happy he is that both Amy & Katheryn have made is life so much better than was & that he’s very happy to have such two wonderful women in his life that inspire him to do better on a daily bases.

Now.....here’s where I’m going to get a little ranty here, so excuse me if I come out as harsh.

Why,...did it take him 5 yrs....to start saying this about two women that he workes with, when Jess has been in his life for longer? When did he ever tell this about Jess? I know that he didn’t saying anything about her, because a lot of us didn’t even know that he was in a relationship with her. But to WAIT 5 yrs??? to say something nice about people like that, and not aknowledge that about Jess, seriously is very dissapointing.

This community has been with him through thick & thin, has said some very encouraging words when he’s been down on his luck. But to come at us with that post after 5 yrs of not saying anything nice to Jess, is a pissy excuse as a youtuber. IMO :roll:

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

I've been thinking that Mark's been getting weirdly political too. Personally, I don't really care but it's a bit odd. And it could be Amy, since she also gets political sometimes as well. But I've also noticed that he's gotten more political after the 2016 election (which wouldn't be much of a surprise since it seems like most people have). It's clear that he doesn't support Trump, so I think it could also be a reason. Almost everyone I know has gotten more political as a result of the election (including me tbh), so that could also be it.

And with youtuber girlfriends, it is frustrating. I think there are some who are genuinely talented and want to share their work, but then there's also some who are obviously just cash grabbing from the attention. For me regarding Amy, I'll give her stuff a go and see what happens. If she's actually posting decent content and trying to share her work, then cool beans. If she starts going the other way, then that would be a definite disappointment. As far as Wiishu goes, I think she's a really good artist and that would be a good thing to include on her channel. Although her vlogs aren't bad, so at least there's that. And I do actually enjoy the videos her and Jack do together. They bounce off of each other well and it's enjoyable to watch.

And with Jess, I really don't even know. All of that is a total clusterfuck. :/
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

And further to add to my ranting...I like how on Monday his vlog tells everyone that he's in Boston for pax, and he (& the gang) slip off to Portland Maine! Unless they went to pick up Ethan. :roll: since he's from there.
Ok..I think i'm good now. :D

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

Eh, honestly I don't really care. It could very well be to pick up Ethan or just for fun. But as long as he does actually go to pax, it's whatever. If he said he was going and then bailed, then that would be HELLA shitty. (I'm sorry, I'm one of those people who says "hella." I feel like Chloe from LIS. XD)

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

@Eggo Not just Jess, but what about all the other women in his life who helped inspire him and grow over the years? What about his mom or step-mom? His nieces and cousins? His female friends like Molly, Schiiflight, Mandy, Dodger, Commander Holly, and many others? Do they not matter to him? Why is it that this year of all years he not only brings up Women's Day when he hasn't ever before, but only put emphasis on his girlfriend and her friend whom he hired as his editor? It does come off like Amy is pulling the strings on that one, sorry.

@Cosmix I do agree that he has gotten more political lately. I know in the past Mark would never go to a Women's March, or if he did, he'd at least keep it to himself since he never pushed his political ideologies onto anyone. And I do recall that in his LGBTQ charity livestream someone in the chat asked him what kind of president he'd be and he said "competent" which kinda shows that he has no fondness for Trump. Not to mention him attempting to debate people on Tumblr during the whole PewDiePie drama when we all know in the past he's avoided drama like the plague unless he really felt like he HAD to say something. And his post on FaceBook the day after Trump was elected. Whether that's all Amy is hard to say since, as you said, people have gotten violently political these days to the point of families being torn apart by how they voted in 2016. But considering when Trump was elected I saw Amy liked a lot of anti-Trump tweets when she likely didn't go to the polls because she wasn't a full citizen of California yet and thus not registered to vote there, I'd say she's at least pushing him to be more political. Not fully, but enough. Either way it goes against his original stance on sticking just to entertainment and avoiding these kind of subjects.

@ORZ Oh that is Mark to the T, making up excuses and not sticking through to promises. And Amy is no different it seems. Funny how he always says that he surrounds himself with people who inspire him and offer creative outlets for him, but seems to just hang around either yes men or people that he can be lazy around. He's had his seclusion in the past where he clings to one friend or group of friends at a time, but now it seems to have gotten worse where he can't be alone even to visit a child for the Make A Wish Foundation or even his brief cameo in YouTube Rewind. Either Amy or Tyler or the whole group HAS to be there. What's the matter Mark? Afraid to be alone with your own thoughts?

As a small aside that I thought was interesting. We all know Mark moved again and I can't blame him considering what happened in that house, but apparently Tyler and Ethan are no longer living with him. Tyler admitted as much during one of the livestreams centered around Chica. Now isn't that kinda odd since didn't Mark purposely fly both boys out to LA to live and work with him?

skedaddle
Lurker
Lurker

Post by skedaddle »

Part of me wanted to think the Jess saga taught Mark a lesson in how not to handle romance and YT fame, and Amyplier was going to be treated much more carefully and with more wisdom but lolll naah. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt since last summer or whenever more obvious clues were showing up in her social media, but at this point I'm just rolling my eyes and calling bull on the whole "respect Amyplier!!!" act and on Peebles herself.

From what she promoted, and most gossip made it sound like, was that she was a proficient Graphic Designer and aspiring Game dev from day one.... I think I remember people speculating that she was working for Mark even though the rumor mill was saying she wasnt. She really wants to be seen as Graphic Designer who is standing on her own.

SooOoOooooo now many many months have passed and shes never really shown a design portfolio, website, she wouldn't even link her redbubble or whatever she said she had, but she instead manages to come out with a youtube channel, debuting a video calling Mark her boss and filming folksy fluff.

The editing and content is okay, its not like its a horrible start but Im starting to see the obvious self promotion and deceit already. If youre going to work for Mark, own it from the start? Its obvious she moved to LA to spend a lot of time with Mark and possibly work for him from the get-go, but what I really dont like is this narrative that both Mark and Amy like to promote where they arent really dating, and she wasnt really working for him because shes a graphic designer who wants to work on games instead of Youtube videos......when its obvious they are dating and shes a youtube editor working for Markiplier, and to top it all off she wants to pursue that Youtuber lifestyle.

Shes young and can still change it up and do whatever she wants, more power to her, but my BS monitor is going off with both of them. They are effin stupid to keep these weird coverup-and-divert online personalities and its seriously toxic.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

@Skedaddle YES! All of this! And the sad part of it is that if the one Youtuber at VidCon didn't accidentally spill the beans and Amy hadn't decided to poke her head out with "oof" and "what more do you guys want" after posting a couple pic at Disney as well as purposely walking in and out of his one livestream until Mark gave in and let her stay, likely it would've been a repeat of the Jess situation where he would've tried to keep her hidden. It was really only due to Amy's aggressive attention-seeking nature that she's getting so much blind praise compared to Jess who was literally pushed out of the way when fans approached.

And yet he still plays games with Jess, whom we all know would take Mark back in a heartbeat if he asked. Honestly I'm surprised Amy hasn't gotten jealous or possessive and told Mark to stop following his ex on social media. But as much as I dislike some of the ways Jess handled things in the past, she doesn't deserve to be lead around by her heart on a leash. Most of the time he ignores her, but occasionally he'll like something she tweeted or in the case of Christmas this year, buy both her and her roomie $1000 worth of gaming rigs EACH. Who does that for an ex, even one you're on "good terms" with? He didn't do that for Amy since her best gift for Christmas was her mom giving her a nameplate for her desk with her Twitter username on it. Considering how this girl loves attention, especially from Mark's fans, she'd be bragging like hell if Mark got her something really special.

But I think the most people get annoyed with concerning Amy is how the fanbase treats her. Nowadays fans seem to watch Mark for him doing something "sexy" or to see Amy and fulfill their shipping obsession. It's not about his commentary or the games he plays anymore. Hell fans have admitted, DURING A CHARITY STREAM, that they only watched the stream for a chance to see Amy. It's always about how she's so "great" and "nice" and "pretty" and "creative" when 90% of the time she does nothing to warrant any of that. Hell her infamous bathroom sink pose she copied from some celebrity. And stop with the fucking peace signs already girl, you're not a hippie. :rofl:

The only reason any of these fans give a damn about her is because she's dating Mark and she "makes him happy"... while buying his least favorite type of pizza saying he was outvoted, whining about being asked to do a strawpoll, and ignoring the chat she was supposed to be watching thus leaving 5-10 minutes worth of audio issues playing in the background. She doesn't treat him as well as the fans believe, but don't you dare say anything "hateful" or you deserve to die. And yet there are plenty of other Youtuber SOs who have been given way worse of a treatment with not nearly as much white-knighting. I'm no fan of SuperMaryFace, but she has gotten a shit ton of hate over the years. Where are people rushing to protect her? Yet someone can say "what's so special about Amy?" and get threatened to have the FBI on their ass for it? Yet you point out their behavior and YOU'RE the one spreading hate?

Honestly the Amyplier Defense Squad are causing more harm than good by acting the way they have and Amy has encouraged this behavior in the past by pointing out things she or her friends found negative about her on Twitter. Remember when someone posted an article about her and she demanded the ad revenue from it claiming it was inaccurate when all the information came from HER Twitter because all her other social media at the time was private? Hell from time to time I still seeing her bring up the horse mask thing, showing she's still not over that nickname which was originally intended to keep her name secure from the more malicious fangirls and that was the only distinct feature anyone could pinpoint of her at the time. Runs on spite indeed. :rofl:

That doesn't excuse Mark in the slightest either. She's a bad influence on him to be sure, but he also encourages it by letting her have her way and shoving her into his videos when not necessary. Did he really have to stop part-way through one video to point out a picture Amy took of walking Chica on Twitter? Did he really have to put up a FaceBook post focused solely on her and Kathryn? Did he really have to use her as his judge for his pancake video? Or have her on his charity livestream that was supposed to be with his friends back in Cincy? Does she have to be everywhere with him now? He's gone from one extreme to another. Now instead of hiding his relationship, he's shoving it down our throats. So much for keeping his professional and personal life separate, especially if she's working for him now. I swear he never learns.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Stevie Nicks! That was the name of the celebrity Amy took the bathroom pose from. Thank you Solaire for PMing me that info. ;) :respekt:

Solaire
Debater
Debater

Post by Solaire »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:Stevie Nicks! That was the name of the celebrity Amy took the bathroom pose from. Thank you Solaire for PMing me that info. ;) :respekt:
ANY TIME!!!I'm ALWAYS glad to help!!!

And I totally am in AGREEMENT with what everyone's saying about Mark and........*her*---sorry, I don't even LIKE calling her by her NAME!!! Usually I just settle for calling her "pebbles"...
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

And stop with the fucking peace signs already girl, you're not a hippie

You have No idea how much I want that to stop! :x

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

I would chip in on the peace sign thing but I've done that in like every picture for the past 2-3 years...I don't like pictures and I don't know what to do with my arms so an awkward peace sign will have to do. XD

Solaire
Debater
Debater

Post by Solaire »

eggo wrote:And stop with the fucking peace signs already girl, you're not a hippie

You have No idea how much I want that to stop! :x
SAME!!!
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

And now there's an instagram smooch pic. This isn't even just a Mark thing but people! I don't need this in my life! Instagram is for shitposting memes and pets. XD

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

@Cosmix I couldn't agree more. Bad enough I've seen fans on the livestreams demand in chat for Mark and Amy to kiss on camera. Or worse seeing Amyplier fans tell Mark to do some very inappropriate and downright disgusting things to Amy, then turn around and blame "haters" or Septiplier fans for it. This pic just feels like they're catering to those fans who drool over anything to fulfill their ship and push their personal headcanons over a real life couple.

Not only that, it's showing how Mark is subservient to Amy. The pose that the two are in I've seen plenty of times with pics of couples. Even Jack and Wiishu have a couple of photos like that on Instagram. But usually in those scenarios, the girl is off to the side and the one doing the kissing or snuggling. Here the roles are reversed with Mark being the one on a lower field giving the affection while Amy smirks at the camera. He looks like an insecure 14 year old virgin with that kiss. And from what we've seen of Mark in the past, he's not the touchy-feely kind of guy. Even Jack has commented on how awkward Mark's hugs are.

But hey at least it's not another peace sign, right Eggo and Solaire? ;) Just don't look at any recent PAX East photos. They're everywhere! And there's a LOOOOOOT of Amy photos. Probably more than Mark if I'm being honest.

And I've commented on these two's body language in the past, so him suddenly showing her so much affection when most pictures of the two he looks like a deer in the headlights of a car and is afraid to touch her, this is a major juxtaposition. And it's not a gradual change either, even their photos out in the desert for the Valentine's Day shoot looked that way. Hell Amy looked more natural standing next to Tyler than Mark. It almost feels staged if I didn't know those two were dating.

ORZ
Learner
Learner

Post by ORZ »

@Monkee don't forget her tweet where she said that Mark and Tyler called her over during the signing, and according to Amy that's why she was meandering along the line, talking to fans, taking photos and giving autographs :rofl:
But on Mark's FB post, someone commented that the crowd was hollering and demanding for Amy, and that's why she appeared, and "Mark's face lit up he was so happy that his fans were giving Amy so much love".
And Amy posted a snap of some fan making gifting her a pair of bizarre green glasses. And Amy also posted a photo of a board game someone made for Mark. Which I find impolite. It was for Mark, why is she the one sharing it to the public?
”Internet freedom is a bit of a Rorschach test: it means different things to different people.”

Return to “Markiplier”