It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

peeeepins
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by peeeepins »

Well Elliott said the words “the girl I’m dating” on the latest Fundamentalists podcast. I wonder who it might be.. (I honestly love this and I hope it works out :love2: )
my watermelon ball brings all the :purr: to the yard and they're like meow meow meow meow

_no_idea_
Learner
Learner

Post by _no_idea_ »

peeeepins wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:34 am
Well Elliott said the words “the girl I’m dating” on the latest Fundamentalists podcast. I wonder who it might be.. (I honestly love this and I hope it works out :love2: )
And did he say anything interesting about her/them?

peeeepins
Informer
Informer

Post by peeeepins »

_no_idea_ wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:13 am
peeeepins wrote:
Oh yeah, I guess a little more context might have been nice. No he was just saying he had a dream about doing a stand-up show that was really terrible (he didn’t have enough material he liked for a full hour) and he didn’t want the girl he’s dating to see him bomb, but luckily she wasn’t there. It starts at the 3:30 (until ~5:30) mark of the podcast (titled Are You the Necrophiliac or the Corpse? lol)
my watermelon ball brings all the :purr: to the yard and they're like meow meow meow meow

ParisianDoll
Informer
Informer

Post by ParisianDoll »

peeeepins wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:26 am
_no_idea_ wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:13 am
peeeepins wrote:
Oh yeah, I guess a little more context might have been nice. No he was just saying he had a dream about doing a stand-up show that was really terrible (he didn’t have enough material he liked for a full hour) and he didn’t want the girl he’s dating to see him bomb, but luckily she wasn’t there. It starts at the 3:30 (until ~5:30) mark of the podcast (titled Are You the Necrophiliac or the Corpse? lol)
I thought it was interesting that Rollins pointed out that anxiety dreams like that are “for” the person you’re dreaming about, I hope for both of their sake that failure fear and anxiety doesn’t sneak into their relationship because I honestly like this pairing. Despite her persona I feel that Grace is highly intelligent and the guys she’s dated prior have been not up to par (Chester is smart-ish and handsome, but not brainy or seemingly quick-witted, and Brooks, well, he seems like an all around “bro”) so I think Elliot is a good match, maybe he’ll help her grow a little.

foxface
Stalker
Stalker

Post by foxface »

Oh yeah, they're def an item! Plus Mamrie now follows Elliott on Instagram and has since stopped following Brooks (She followed him a little while after he and Grace broke up). I like them together! They seem evenly matched.

_no_idea_
Learner
Learner

Post by _no_idea_ »

horatio wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:40 am
after Brooks anything is a welcome relief
Truer words have never been spoken! I don't know anything about this guy, but I'm hopeful, seeing what everyone here thinks about him. I really like Grace, and I hate when people who take relationships seriously & try to be good partners (like she appears to be) get paired with douches or just dead weight.

Hannah7
Learner
Learner

Post by Hannah7 »

_no_idea_ wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:36 pm
horatio wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:40 am
after Brooks anything is a welcome relief
Truer words have never been spoken! I don't know anything about this guy, but I'm hopeful, seeing what everyone here thinks about him. I really like Grace, and I hate when people who take relationships seriously & try to be good partners (like she appears to be) get paired with douches or just dead weight.
I'm so happy they are a thing! Brooks really brought Grace down, she deserves so much better!

Mille026
Talker
Talker

Post by Mille026 »

Another This Might Get, another admission of Grace being "out of her brain". I like the podcast, but the constant need to be drunk or high is really concerning. Most people mature past that stage in their mid twenties...

sunspirit1848
Talker
Talker

Post by sunspirit1848 »

I used to really like Elliott, but I haven’t been able to see him the same way ever since I found out that he cheated on his wife and that’s why they got a divorce. Obviously people can change and hopefully things are great between him and Grace, but who knows. Hoping for the best! Their personalities and humour seem well matched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pepesylvia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pepesylvia »

sunspirit1848 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:37 pm
I used to really like Elliott, but I haven’t been able to see him the same way ever since I found out that he cheated on his wife and that’s why they got a divorce. Obviously people can change and hopefully things are great between him and Grace, but who knows. Hoping for the best! Their personalities and humour seem well matched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oh boy. I never knew why him and steve got divorced from their wives but that's pretty surprising to me. where did you learn that?

edit: jk, guess that was pretty easy to find. what an asshole

ParisianDoll
Informer
Informer

Post by ParisianDoll »

Yep, he confirms he’s dating “someone” on the Valleycast, officially the day Weezer’s Teal album came out. “You’ll never find out who on social media” - I’m fairly sure that was sarcasm.

In other news, I had no idea he had cheated, ugh, I actually found him via his wife at the time, oddly enough - she had a book club channel, where they talked about a book I wanted to know about before I read it. That sort of changes my outlook on things a little.

peeeepins
Informer
Informer

Post by peeeepins »

Lol I don’t want to come in here and look like I’m defending cheating, because as a concept it’s generally inexcusable, but I’m going to say some things that may appear to veer into it haha. So when Lee and Elliott still had their podcast together (Shooting Stars), they did an entire episode (since deleted) about Elliott’s divorce and somewhat mess of a life at the time, and that’s what brought me around to him as a person more than as an entertainer (since I’d loved his work on SourceFed but never thought or knew much about him personally). He talked about putting on a facade of being a perfect husband and employee and just putting all this work into appearing like a perfectly functional adult with his shit together, when really he was miserable and dying inside. (Still doesn’t excuse cheating, and for the record he’s never tried to excuse or diminish it).

It was emotional cheating (yes, still bad, but I mean, if there are degrees..), which he confessed to and they ended up getting divorced. He got married when he was 20 and still basically religiously brainwashed by his upbringing. Anyway he talked openly about some of it more recently on the Sh*t They Don’t Tell You podcast (Nikki Limo and Steve Greene’s) if you’d like to form your own opinions.

I’m always curious how public ‘forgiveness’ works when it involves personal matters that have nothing to do with anybody other than the very few people involved. To think less of somebody for a mistake they’ve made (and been frank about, and apologetic/ashamed about, and suffered the consequences of, and put in the work afterward to better themselves) is something I struggle with: how long do I let that colour my judgement or opinion of a complete stranger? Is casting judgement just a performative public action so I can feel or appear to be morally superior to the judgee or others who maybe don’t care as much? Sometimes I don’t know. But I’m cool with Elliott. I’m not cool with cheating. But I do understand the horrible feeling of being stuck in a situation (or uhh life) and not knowing what the hell to do to get out of it. I respect people who are open about their fuck-ups and wrong turns taken on their paths to living authentic and meaningful lives (while actively trying to be better and also not dismissing any harm they’ve caused along the way) way more than I respect people with their shit entirely together and seemingly doing everything “right” (which is how I used to see Elliott in the early SourceFed days) because that’s just not something I can relate to or really understand.

Anyway tl;dr he emotionally cheated on his wife. He took full responsibility for it and has fully acknowledged it was and is a terrible thing to do. He’s not a shitty person (though of course that will remain subjective).

Oh and watch this video maybe:

Acciolatte

Post by Acciolatte »

peeeepins wrote:Lol I don’t want to come in here and look like I’m defending cheating, because as a concept it’s generally inexcusable, but I’m going to say some things that may appear to veer into it haha. So when Lee and Elliott still had their podcast together (Shooting Stars), they did an entire episode (since deleted) about Elliott’s divorce and somewhat mess of a life at the time, and that’s what brought me around to him as a person more than as an entertainer (since I’d loved his work on SourceFed but never thought or knew much about him personally). He talked about putting on a facade of being a perfect husband and employee and just putting all this work into appearing like a perfectly functional adult with his shit together, when really he was miserable and dying inside. (Still doesn’t excuse cheating, and for the record he’s never tried to excuse or diminish it).

It was emotional cheating (yes, still bad, but I mean, if there are degrees..), which he confessed to and they ended up getting divorced. He got married when he was 20 and still basically religiously brainwashed by his upbringing. Anyway he talked openly about some of it more recently on the Sh*t They Don’t Tell You podcast (Nikki Limo and Steve Greene’s) if you’d like to form your own opinions.

I’m always curious how public ‘forgiveness’ works when it involves personal matters that have nothing to do with anybody other than the very few people involved. To think less of somebody for a mistake they’ve made (and been frank about, and apologetic/ashamed about, and suffered the consequences of, and put in the work afterward to better themselves) is something I struggle with: how long do I let that colour my judgement or opinion of a complete stranger? Is casting judgement just a performative public action so I can feel or appear to be morally superior to the judgee or others who maybe don’t care as much? Sometimes I don’t know. But I’m cool with Elliott. I’m not cool with cheating. But I do understand the horrible feeling of being stuck in a situation (or uhh life) and not knowing what the hell to do to get out of it. I respect people who are open about their fuck-ups and wrong turns taken on their paths to living authentic and meaningful lives (while actively trying to be better and also not dismissing any harm they’ve caused along the way) way more than I respect people with their shit entirely together and seemingly doing everything “right” (which is how I used to see Elliott in the early SourceFed days) because that’s just not something I can relate to or really understand.

Anyway tl;dr he emotionally cheated on his wife. He took full responsibility for it and has fully acknowledged it was and is a terrible thing to do. He’s not a shitty person (though of course that will remain subjective).

Oh and watch this video maybe:

Honestly I was a big shooting stars fan and remain a big fan of him in general but also his shtick is also drinking a lot. Enjoying drinking a lot and for a while last year he believed he had a drinking problem and quit for a while. He deleted the video about it but that honestly makes me worry for both of them dating. They're funny together and cute together but I wonder if this wont become an enabling thing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Acciolatte

Post by Acciolatte »

On the newest Valleyfolk, Elliott said he had a conversation about dating someone on Wednesday and now they are dating.
So that plus the Instagram things makes it pretty confirmed.

peeeepins
Informer
Informer

Post by peeeepins »

Yeahh the amount they both (seem to) drink crossed my mind as a possible red flag for them, but as a non-drinker I don’t really have much of a concept of what’s too much or like, cause for concern. I think Elliott recognizing he may have an issue and taking steps to cut back bodes well though? iirc in that video he was more concerned that his drinking “could” become a problem, so he cut it back like preemptively?

Idk I’m mostly just looking forward to Grace maybe popping up on the Valleyfolk at some point (either in a sketch or on the podcast), they’ve all spoken very highly of her over the years, it’s just nice? I just have good feelings about this entire group of people so I’m staying optimistic haha.

Acciolatte

Post by Acciolatte »

peeeepins wrote:Yeahh the amount they both (seem to) drink crossed my mind as a possible red flag for them, but as a non-drinker I don’t really have much of a concept of what’s too much or like, cause for concern. I think Elliott recognizing he may have an issue and taking steps to cut back bodes well though? iirc in that video he was more concerned that his drinking “could” become a problem, so he cut it back like preemptively?

Idk I’m mostly just looking forward to Grace maybe popping up on the Valleyfolk at some point (either in a sketch or on the podcast), they’ve all spoken very highly of her over the years, it’s just nice? I just have good feelings about this entire group of people so I’m staying optimistic haha.
Oh dont get me wrong- I love that entire group and grace. I'm just so worried it will be bad for everyone if and when this blows up.
He has had a few incidents of this concern popping up. He also wrote a medium article about how he kind of fell into drinking a lot during and after sourcefed days.
I dont know for both of them it feels like more than a persona.

Acciolatte

Post by Acciolatte »

This is what's left of the video and it being posted. Image

Hannah7
Learner
Learner

Post by Hannah7 »

I had no clue he cheated. TBH I didn't know he was divorced until he showed up in Grace's life. I used to watch Sourcefed and after he left I wasn't following him much.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

I actually found Eliot through Grace, they did a couple of videos together years ago. Be interesting to watch now. I liked him because he seemed smart and witty and didn’t take himself too seriously, though I never followed him that closely. For those reasons I like them together too but I do also see the enabling side. Grace just got out of a relationship and Eliot seems pretty troubled in various ways and they both don’t even hide that they use alcohol as crutch. And they seem at least moderately wasted in most of their stories together. I’m not usually one to criticise her for drinking or any of that, but I can see the potential for something unhealthy - might be wrong though.

tchock92
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tchock92 »

I really like Elliott and Grace together. For some reason I always forget he is like 6 feet tall because he seems really short to me anyway. I don’t think they need to drink so much with each other but I guess that’s how they have fun together? I’ve always had a crush on Joe Bereta, haha but he’s married. Even though Elliott was married as well.

Return to “itsgrace”