Samantha Ravandahl | BatALashBeauty Part 3

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Samantha Ravandahl | BatALashBeauty Part 3

Post by WORDSALAD »

Why did I quote that massive section totally pointlessly? 😆😂
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

Gossgrl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gossgrl »

Raven_nevermore wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:23 pm
Was her ex boyfriend attractive or more like Matt?
I feel like the pure shade of this comment went under-appreciated hahaha

nuuits
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by nuuits »

Samantha Reddit'sDoll ?

mitty_moo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mitty_moo »

I agree with most posters, I enjoy Sam's content usually, but there is just this air of disingenuousness that comes from her. I feel like she frames her personality and actions over what's "cool" and talked about, rather than trusting her own judgement. I guess it's just her insecurities coming through.

shishtarsalma
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by shishtarsalma »

blueraindrops wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:06 pm
guccibaby wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:09 pm
neonlemonade wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:34 pm
I typically like Sam, but I wish she would think a bit more about her posts can be harmful to other women's body image.

She makes a point in every body post about how she doesn't photoshop anymore because she was comparing to herself to a version of herself that doesn't exist. The thing is, if this is a problem body for her, something she feels like she needs to edit but won't because she's a body positive hero - well, she must think women like me are whales.

I get what she's trying to do, and I get that we can all be our own worst critics. But seriously, I'd love to have a body like hers!
I can completely understand the point you are making and we probably all need to stop being so fixated on image but people who have a more ‘idealised’ body type totally have insecurities too. I know girls with near ‘perfect’ bodies who work hard in the gym who still feel the need to face tune their images. There is nothing wrong with Sam’s body but she obviously isn’t as toned or curvy as the majority of the social media celebs are seen as. This could probably be a reason why she is insecure and honestly it’s a big step for her to not edit her photos. I’m nowhere near overweight but some days I feel really cut up and compare myself to others. On the other hand though...her whole body positive and ‘real’ vibe can come across as quite disingenuous sometimes but maybe that’s the cynic in me.
Lol have you seen the reddit thread dedicated to kissing her ass after that body shaming comment she got? There are other youtubers like Alexandrasgirlytalk (who yes, I am aware is problematic) but also empowers women and makes videos on how to dress better, paint your nails on a budget, etc. Sam is always trying to one up her peers and its frankly annoying. A comment like that left on say, Jaclyn Hill's post would have never garnered that amount of ass kissing.
hey sorry only just come across this after searching for alexandras in the search bar but how is she problematic? out if curiosity

blueraindrops
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by blueraindrops »

^ She says some really uneductaed things like rubbing sugar on your face is good for you, advocates microneedling at home (should only be done by a professional) and she is way to into natural beauty. ex: she refused to wear nail polish for a while because she claimed it had too many chemicals. She also went full force into veganism and supposedly threw out all her non cruelty free makeup products but a couple videos back she used products from NARS and MAC. She's also obscenely rich for a girl her age but these are all really minor complaints and most of her content is helpful to girls.

Return to “Samantha Ravndahl”