Charlotte Tilbury/ctilburymakeup

popofcolor
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Charlotte Tilbury/ctilburymakeup

Post by popofcolor »

Just a couple of days ago I discovered that Charlotte Tilbury has her own YouTube channel now. So happy to finally have somebody else (other than Lisa Eldridge) who is really successful (for all the right reasons) in the real world. I also love her bubbly personality.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ctilburymakeup

beautysuperwoman
Informer
Informer

Re: Charlotte Tilbury

Post by beautysuperwoman »

:D just subbed to her today. She makes me so happy.

Love her thoughts and descriptions.
I just really love candles, and Nars Orgasm blush, and all things MAC, and Bath and Body Works Sales, and Michael Kors, and my boyfriendandmypuppy!!!!

really.

sentel
Learner
Learner

Re: Charlotte Tilbury/ctilburymakeup

Post by sentel »

Thanks for the rec! Wow i had no idea about hre new blog launch in Oct. Ive been looking for makeup channels that grown up. A random find also was *no self promoting* on youtube. Still new but ive gotten great decorating tips from her too.

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Charlotte Tilbury!

Post by SallyCinnamon »

She made a guest appearance on Lisa Eldridges channel and now has her own channel. She posted a video on the perfect eyebrow today which inspired me to shade my own eyebrows for the first time, and they look good!

beautysuperwoman
Informer
Informer

Post by beautysuperwoman »

just watched the brow video too. Oh charlotte, you make my life.
I just really love candles, and Nars Orgasm blush, and all things MAC, and Bath and Body Works Sales, and Michael Kors, and my boyfriendandmypuppy!!!!

really.

theshadeofitall
Lurker
Lurker

Post by theshadeofitall »

Love me some Queen Charlotte. I'm so glad she's putting up more videos.

I hope that in the future she'll do a look on someone...who's not a model, basically. I'd love to see what magic she could work on someone who actually needs a little help, rather than being basically flawless to start with.

Post by Guest »

She is the best. Better than Lisa. And really down to earth too. I get the feeling she does not want to appear on camera without makeup herself. Would be great if she could work on non-models. Everything looks good on them obviously. Notice how she does not apply makeup in the same old paint-by-number patterns as the gurus mostly do.

popofcolor
Lurker
Lurker

Post by popofcolor »

She did work on non-models on her channel. She used her friend for the Hollywood Red Lip Tutorial and the Eyebrow shaping videos and another friend for the Copper Smokey Eye Tutorial.

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SallyCinnamon »

I love her new natural make-up video, gorgeous. It's a shame she isn't pulling in big views yet. GG needs to have a spring clear-out in a few months and bump Charlotte up to the front page!

sentel
Learner
Learner

Post by sentel »

ladyc04 wrote:Thanks for the rec! Wow i had no idea about hre new blog launch in Oct. Ive been looking for makeup channels that grown up. A random find also was *no self promoting* on youtube. Still new but ive gotten great decorating tips from her too.
i love ctilburymakeup. and Seriously, I'm obsessed with *no self promoting*. Shes so smart and her tips are actually ones people can use. all other decorations and organizers just tell u to buy bins and plastic storage.

Shinichi
Talker
Talker

Charlotte Tilbury

Post by Shinichi »

I can't believe that she only has 17,000 subbies. She is fantastic and I'm glad that another professional makeup artist joined the Youtube community. Unfortunately she rarely posts videos so that might be the reason why she doesn't have so many subs yet.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

LOVE her!!!! I am so excited about her channel.

Eika
Learner
Learner

Post by Eika »

I'm subscribed to her but so far she can't be compared to Lisa, in my opinion.

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SallyCinnamon »

She got a write-up in the Daily Mail. Unfortunately the *readers* don't bother to read more than the headlines and seem to assume she is an amateur copying the V cover, rather than being the original artist. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... lbury.html

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

Love her as well. I think of Carol Decker from T'pau everytime I see her though. :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSh6SQd8UrI Especially about 38secs in.
I do prefer Lisa Eldridge, but I think that's just because I find Lisa so calming.

BebeSwan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by BebeSwan »

Her new makeup and brush line looks brilliant! I hope it makes it over to at least Nordstrom/Saks/Barneys counters etc in the U.S.

She made 10 videos on her channel demonstrating the line and OMG Wow. The prices aren't bad, they fit in with Nordstrom/Neiman Marcus.

wreck
Informer
Informer

Post by wreck »

Lisa will always be my number one, but Charlotte is certainly a close second. Her videos are more stylized than Lisa's (and most others on YouTube), which I sort of had to get used to, but she demonstrates a true artistry in her work that only a real makeup artist could achieve. I remember being impressed at what she created in her cameo video on Lisa's channel and I was quite happy to see she'd made her own.

dpmo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dpmo »

Her new makeup collection is to die for!

Post by Guest »

Zoella got an allergic reaction from the eyeshadow

Post by Guest »

Quite informative about the star of her line, the magic cream (at about the 2 minute mark).

Return to “Charlotte Tilbury/ctilburymakeup”