Velvetlip0 - Gabby, Oranges and Surgery (Part 53)

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Velvetlip0 - Gabby, Oranges and Surgery (Part 53)

Post by moonlightpixie »

Continue here! (Hope it works)

Thanks Slap for the suggestion! We can change the title if you want to!
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

potato411
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Velvetlip0 - Gabby, Oranges and Surgery (Part 53)

Post by potato411 »

Weight is a very personal and hard thing to talk about and I have a lot of respect for her for coming out and saying it.
I now see why she didn't admit to it back when she was called out because saying "yeah I had lipo" is one thing but saying "I've also had/going to have 6 other surgeries" is pretty huge.
I really hope one day she can be truly happy with her body.

slap
Informer
Informer

Post by slap »

moonlightpixie wrote:Continue here! (Hope it works)

Thanks Slap for the suggestion! We can change the title if you want to!
Ooh thanks, first time I've had a thread title :D

OT: much as she bugs me and I dislike things she has done, this must have taken some doing. Her body language was a massive indication of how nervous she was about it all. For once, it was clear she wasn't being a faker.

who boo
Learner
Learner

Post by who boo »

I just can't with all the retweets and people calling her brave and inspiring...like god damn please don't aspire to spend all your £££ on multiple operations which leave you more unhappy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lottiegreenwood
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by lottiegreenwood »

I am so fuming about this though, there is no shame is surgery if you're truly struggling with weight loss and the fact that she made a point of saying she dieted and exercised off her own back is just a lie. I am currently losing weight right now so I know it is difficult but I would never lie if I had surgery, I was just so shocked!!

michaela
Learner
Learner

Post by michaela »

I'm really glad for once that she's being honest, hopefully now she will dress like she wants to and actually go out and who knows maybe this summer she will actually be happy for once, as much as she annoys me I do wish her happiness

BorntoDie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BorntoDie »

Okay maybe I'm just being a bit picky here but is she really comparing revealing her weight loss surgery to a historical speech that practically defines the Civil Rights Movement?

potato411
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by potato411 »

She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't in telling people in this case..
People on here were convinced she'd had surgery and saying that she should tell people
She finally tells people and then gets picked apart for being upfront and GETTING the surgery and being called lazy.. ever think that might be the reason she didn't own up to it in the first place?

kittensnout

Post by kittensnout »

BorntoDie wrote:Okay maybe I'm just being a bit picky here but is she really comparing revealing her weight loss surgery to a historical speech that practically defines the Civil Rights Movement?

haha holy fuck :?

PoppyJK
Learner
Learner

Post by PoppyJK »

I'm amazed at how much she's actually had done!!

_TheJudge
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by _TheJudge »

BorntoDie wrote:Okay maybe I'm just being a bit picky here but is she really comparing revealing her weight loss surgery to a historical speech that practically defines the Civil Rights Movement?

:? What the fuck? Why did that person even compare it though? :/

zombiespaceprincess
Informer
Informer

Post by zombiespaceprincess »

I can really relate to her in terms of the shame of scars. I have a load of scars up and down my legs from disability related operations and I can be really embarrassed about them too (10 years from my last operation and the scars are still very clear) to the point where I hate getting them out in the summer. I do try my best to just ignore the people staring (which they do) and the gasping and pointing (also happens) but sometimes it can get much (......SORRY OT)

I've never struggled with being over weight (I've always been underweight) so I wouldn't know what she has been through in that sense so I would never judge her for having these surgeries to make her happier, but as much as Gabby pisses me off sometimes, I truly hope that this video has helped her get a weight off her shoulders so she can get better. No one deserves to feel like they don't want to be on this planet anymore.

Holy crap she had a lot more surgeries than I thought though, I was thinking a handful from speculation on here but wow, that shocked me!
:love2: Apologies in advance for any incoherent rambles, I am most likely drunk :love2: Image

IAmBea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmBea »

I'm so fucking proud of her . I almost feel like hugging my computer.

We've been talking about this subject for ages. There is no shame in reduction surgery, there is no shame in getting plastic surgery for excess skin removal,or lipo to get rid of fat in some parts.
Her lying about it was my biggest beef with her before I saw what a horrible person she is. Going through the same things she did (minus the plastic surgery), her lies about how she lost the weight trully offended me.

But more than ever, Gabs, I beg of you, please stop eating so much junk food and huge portions of fruits
You need mostly lean protein.healthy carbs(which include fruits) and lots and lots of iron.
Pretty please. Take good care of yourself.

Sinceraly a over 25 yr old hater.
Last edited by IAmBea on Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

sunnysky
Learner
Learner

Post by sunnysky »

I give her props for discussing this issue. It's 2016 and we are in the age of modern medicine. This is the one time I've had respect for her. If she was seriously struggling with binge eating and depression as she mentioned in the video, it would be very hard for her to lose the weight naturally due to her mental health state. Next, I would like to see her discuss seeing a professional for her remaining mental health problems. :tu:

hally34
Debater
Debater

Post by hally34 »

Have any youtubers acknowledged this video yet? i can't see any favourites or retweets on her twitter by zoe or anybody

RubyWooo
Debater
Debater

Post by RubyWooo »

lottiegreenwood wrote:I am so fuming about this though, there is no shame is surgery if you're truly struggling with weight loss and the fact that she made a point of saying she dieted and exercised off her own back is just a lie. I am currently losing weight right now so I know it is difficult but I would never lie if I had surgery, I was just so shocked!!
There's a difference in lying to your friends and family, or lying to you 800.000 audience. I think in here case I would've lied as well.

potato411
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by potato411 »

hally34 wrote:Have any youtubers acknowledged this video yet? i can't see any favourites or retweets on her twitter by zoe or anybody
Not yet as far as I can see which is a shame because
1) Shows how much she's isolated herself from others and
2) She could do with support from this.. I understand how much she craves that support from others and her "colleagues" so it's a real shame no one's said anything

However, if they're seen to support surgeries they may think it's compromising their careers/seeing as them promoting it which their managements may not want

kylizzle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kylizzle »

tumblrbasix24 wrote:
kylizzle wrote:So she stated that she is going to the Benefit event next week.. I wonder if that ACTUALLY happens? Is this perhaps a desperate attempt to gain some friendships in the youtube/blogging community? I'll be SHOCKED if she goes because a. Nobody likes her and b. She's a chubby 14/16 and pretends to be size 8 on IG and YT. :FU:

Are you serious? First there's a lot of criticism on her for not going and not networking with other youtubers but when she does, it's a "desperate attempt to gain friends in the community" come on now, that's ridiculous whatever she does she can't win!
Also, she's obviously not a 14/16 people here are exaggerating ALOT, doubt she any bigger than a 14...
Becca Rose's friend actually said most of the YouTube community have drawn a line under Gabby, she is a no go. BTW this is trash thread :)

RE: Gabbys surgery: I actually feel sorry for her. Wow. I'm shocked at myself lool. I haven't watched the video yet. It explains her insecurity/hiding under baggy clothes 24/7. But she knew instead of being honest with viewers she could cash in on money from A YT video about it and everyone feeling sorry for her.

ncxo
Informer
Informer

Post by ncxo »

I actually really liked the video, I liked that she was just honest for once and a lot of her actions seem to make sense now and I'm glad she feels happier in herself.

However, I am not happy with the fact that she made out like she lost the weight purely from changing her diet, having a personal trainer and exercise aloner - I feel like she shouldn't have flat out lied about it when she in fact has a gastric sleeve, it's totally different to watching what you eat and exercising more... Very very misleading.

ppppiffle
Learner
Learner

Post by ppppiffle »

Wow, you guys called it ages ago! I watched that video thinking "I remember they were talking about this on GG" every time she mentioned a different surgical procedure.

Return to “Gabriella”