Hihotintin
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: KathleenLies--Part 6

Post by Hihotintin »

EurekaMreum wrote:(Second post, sorry)
Also, if you were going to continue purchashing ABH products and reviewing them... why letting everybody know that they took you off the PR list? Damn, that was a shady and snaky move, take the business to private messages, don't send your minions to come after a brand. Yeez.

Exactly! It's so unprofessional and just overall bratty behavior. I guess we shouldn't be surprised as she is very immature.

MumuMelon
Learner
Learner

Post by MumuMelon »

She mentioned more than once how much she dislikes the ABH liquid lipsticks and you rarely see her use any ABH products expect for the brow wiz and other brow stuff on her chancel.

I can understand why they decided it's not worth investing in her anymore from a business standpoint. You can't send free shit to anyone all the time. "Das Expensive" as Kat would annoyingly say! :x

sparkles
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sparkles »

That was really tacky of her to tweet bout ABH, She obviously did it so they would put her back on it.
If she truly would buy their products she would've stayed silent & just bought em.

Helloitsmeee
Informer
Informer

Post by Helloitsmeee »

Honestly, I thought it was so messed up how she tweeted that out. She knows how crazy obsessed her fans are.. Then later on she says it's a miscommunication? How embarrassing. If I was ABH I would take her off for sure now because of that behavior!

MumuMelon
Learner
Learner

Post by MumuMelon »

Helloitsmeee wrote:Honestly, I thought it was so messed up how she tweeted that out. She knows how crazy obsessed her fans are.. Then later on she says it's a miscommunication? How embarrassing. If I was ABH I would take her off for sure now because of that behavior!
It was all a misunderstanding she now says. She's still in the PR list. What a big dumb dumb. :roll:

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by kathleenlightsssss »

sparkles wrote:That was really tacky of her to tweet bout ABH, She obviously did it so they would put her back on it.
If she truly would buy their products she would've stayed silent & just bought em.
Yeah "das too essssspensive for kathleen" she needed it free! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jessicaxrosexo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Jessicaxrosexo »

thought is was funny that she used the kvd liquid lip in the shade noble in her latest video with the whole drama going on

Jessicaxrosexo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Jessicaxrosexo »

thought is was funny that she used the kvd liquid lip in the shade noble in her latest video with the whole drama going on

normis
Stalker
Stalker

Post by normis »

Has already pointed this out?
If so, I apologize (but seriously, I'm new and just registered to show you this lol).

Bambi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Bambi »

It's probably been mentioned but her hair is a greasy looking mess most of the time. And Danny looks like her father. Is his last name DeVito?

Helloitsmeee
Informer
Informer

Post by Helloitsmeee »

Yesterday's video was a sponsored makeup tutorial by Sephora. Today's is a Sephora haul. Way to make it obvious Kat :roll:

daisy_wonder
Lurker
Lurker

Post by daisy_wonder »

Bambi wrote:It's probably been mentioned but her hair is a greasy looking mess most of the time. And Danny looks like her father. Is his last name DeVito?
I know, right?! I just feel creeped out by him. I can't. She is like a child and he is a grown man. It's so weird and creepy. I don't know how everyone around her (e.g. parents) gave her the green light to marry him. I know you don't need permission from anyone, but it is nice for your spouse to have the approval of those you love. Can't imagine being her parents and seeing their baby marry someone from their generation! :| That relationship must be rife with strange power dynamics, if not any controlling weirdness.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Helloitsmeee wrote:Yesterday's video was a sponsored makeup tutorial by Sephora. Today's is a Sephora haul. Way to make it obvious Kat :roll:
Maybe Kathleen doesn't consider "gift cards" or online shopping vouchers as sponsored? :? :roll:

OH YES! aaaaand, Tati has a Sephora haul up today too. Sooo obvious these videos are paid for/sponsored. :roll:

OG Kathleen was 100% more genuine, now she's just as fake as the rest of these damn beauty Gurus! :| :| :|

skinny_boho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by skinny_boho »

daisy_wonder wrote:
Bambi wrote:It's probably been mentioned but her hair is a greasy looking mess most of the time. And Danny looks like her father. Is his last name DeVito?
I know, right?! I just feel creeped out by him. I can't. She is like a child and he is a grown man. It's so weird and creepy. I don't know how everyone around her (e.g. parents) gave her the green light to marry him. I know you don't need permission from anyone, but it is nice for your spouse to have the approval of those you love. Can't imagine being her parents and seeing their baby marry someone from their generation! :| That relationship must be rife with strange power dynamics, if not any controlling weirdness.
Kathleen and Danny are only 7 years apart though, he's not from her parents' generation.

BrideOfFrankenstein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrideOfFrankenstein »

daisy_wonder wrote:I know, right?! I just feel creeped out by him. I can't. She is like a child and he is a grown man. It's so weird and creepy. I don't know how everyone around her (e.g. parents) gave her the green light to marry him. I know you don't need permission from anyone, but it is nice for your spouse to have the approval of those you love. Can't imagine being her parents and seeing their baby marry someone from their generation! :| That relationship must be rife with strange power dynamics, if not any controlling weirdness.
In their defense, the age difference is only 7 years. So I wouldn't say Danny is from the same generation as her parents. xD I know several couples with a similar (or bigger) age difference that are doing just fine.

I do think the dynamics in their relationship are off though - as has been mentioned here before. She's totally dependent on Danny and sees him as her saviour. He needs to drive her around, he needs to come with her on sponsored trips etc. What I don't understand is that she seems to be okay with that, and doesn't even seem to try to become more independent (same goes for learning how to deal her anxiety).

Helloitsmeee
Informer
Informer

Post by Helloitsmeee »

kathleenlightsssss wrote:
Helloitsmeee wrote:Yesterday's video was a sponsored makeup tutorial by Sephora. Today's is a Sephora haul. Way to make it obvious Kat :roll:
Maybe Kathleen doesn't consider "gift cards" or online shopping vouchers as sponsored? :? :roll:

OH YES! aaaaand, Tati has a Sephora haul up today too. Sooo obvious these videos are paid for/sponsored. :roll:

OG Kathleen was 100% more genuine, now she's just as fake as the rest of these damn beauty Gurus! :| :| :|
RachLoves had a Sephora haul today too. Ridiculous these people can get away without disclosing the truth (they got gift cards, etc)

sparkles
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sparkles »

He's so gross! It honestly is so weird to me that she is married, I've know it forever but everytime it's mentioned I'm just like shocked she seems so much like a little girl. I think if she gained confidence she would leave Danny, Their relationship just seems a bit off.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Obv. Kathleen is as bored with her channel as we are. Today's video is ANOTHER Disappointing products one. Those gets views and remember guys, she's not negative! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :?

TuMaMa23
Learner
Learner

Post by TuMaMa23 »

Hihotintin wrote:I was on reddit today and they mentioned about kathleen tweeting being taken off the ABH PR list
I love Kathleen but I feel like it's kind of inappropriate to not only tweet that they took her off the PR list but to also tag them in the tweet. Obviously her fans are going to bombard them asking why and I feel like that's not how you should handle your business. She did state that she will continue to purchase and review their products because she truly loves the brand but something about it rubs me the wrong way. Any different opinions? Or any idea why she was taken off?
EDIT: Nevermind, I guess! Looks like it was a mistake! Screenshots for y'all–
Kathleen's original tweet.
Kathleen's response to a fan.
Norvina's response to Kathleen's original tweet.
Kathleen apologizing after Norvina answered/fans became upset.
link https://www.reddit.com/r/BeautyGuruChat ... oved_from/
Any other examples of times she acted like this?
i can't believe she did that, it was bad enough she said it in the actual video, but to tweet them and point it out a second time is beyond pathetic. one thing i can't stand about youtubers is when they talk about supporting brands but dont want to actually buy the products. like it wont kill you to buy it yourself and even she got the PR later down the line she could have given it away or return what she bought if she is hurting that bad. also we all know her haul was low key sponsored so again it was unnecessary to point out that she had to "buy" ABH herself.
even if english was my first language, i would still suck at it. ;)

GentleAblaze
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by GentleAblaze »

kathleenlightsssss wrote:Obv. Kathleen is as bored with her channel as we are. Today's video is ANOTHER Disappointing products one. Those gets views and remember guys, she's not negative! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :?

Seriously how many of these has she made now?! Also she's disabled the comments...

Return to “KathleenLights”